Exchanging items (return and sale in one transaction)

Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For
example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same
item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem
with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the
right size item in that same transaction?

Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one
or more items with different prices/total costs?

RMS Help file doesn't have information on this.

Larry Leveen
OlyBikes
Bikes, Parts, Repairs
& GREAT Customer Service!

124 State Avenue NE
Olympia, WA 98501

P: 360-753-7525
F: 360-528-7526
info@olybikes.com

www.olybikes.com
Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials!

0
olybikes (82)
1/13/2008 7:54:30 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There's no problem in selling and returning on the same transaction. Just
make sure your return shows a negative and the one you're selling doesn't.
Craig

"OlyBikes" <olybikes@olybikes.com> wrote in message
> Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For
> example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same
> item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem
> with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the
> right size item in that same transaction?
>
> Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one
> or more items with different prices/total costs?
>
> RMS Help file doesn't have information on this.

> Larry Leveen
> OlyBikes
> Bikes, Parts, Repairs
> & GREAT Customer Service!
>
> 124 State Avenue NE
> Olympia, WA 98501
>
> P: 360-753-7525
> F: 360-528-7526
> info@olybikes.com
>
> www.olybikes.com
> Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials!

0
craig6967 (916)
1/13/2008 5:24:26 PM
Is there a preferred way to do this, though? Should I always recall the
original sale for return and then add the sale item to it? Or, is it fine to
"stay in sales mode" scan the item to be returned, make the QTY -1 and then
scan the sale item?

I just want to be sure that I'm using proper procedure.

Craig wrote:
> There's no problem in selling and returning on the same transaction.
> Just make sure your return shows a negative and the one you're
> selling doesn't. Craig
>
> "OlyBikes" <olybikes@olybikes.com> wrote in message
>> Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction?
>> For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get
>> the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is
>> there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return
>> and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction?
>>
>> Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously
>> buy one or more items with different prices/total costs?
>>
>> RMS Help file doesn't have information on this.

>> Larry Leveen
>> OlyBikes
>> Bikes, Parts, Repairs
>> & GREAT Customer Service!
>>
>> 124 State Avenue NE
>> Olympia, WA 98501
>>
>> P: 360-753-7525
>> F: 360-528-7526
>> info@olybikes.com
>>
>> www.olybikes.com
>> Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials!

Larry Leveen
OlyBikes
Bikes, Parts, Repairs
& GREAT Customer Service!

124 State Avenue NE
Olympia, WA 98501

P: 360-753-7525
F: 360-528-7526
info@olybikes.com

www.olybikes.com
Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials!

0
olybikes (82)
1/15/2008 2:28:31 AM
I don't think you will get a definite answer to this one. Some people will
always recall the original transaction to make a return so that they get the
correct $ amount to return. Some(like myself)require a receipt for returns
so I add the item being returned manually to a sales transaction making sure
that the correct $ is being returned from the receipt. I have found this way
to be quicker and in a busy enviroment that's important. By the way you can
toggle returns off and on by using Shift-F3. I usually scan items being
bought first and then toggle return mode on with Shift-F3 and then scan the
item or items being returned.

> Is there a preferred way to do this, though? Should I always recall the
> original sale for return and then add the sale item to it? Or, is it fine
> to "stay in sales mode" scan the item to be returned, make the QTY -1 and
> then scan the sale item?
>
> I just want to be sure that I'm using proper procedure.
>
> Craig wrote:
>> There's no problem in selling and returning on the same transaction.
>> Just make sure your return shows a negative and the one you're
>> selling doesn't. Craig
>>
>> "OlyBikes" <olybikes@olybikes.com> wrote in message
>>> Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction?
>>> For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get
>>> the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is
>>> there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return
>>> and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction?
>>>
>>> Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously
>>> buy one or more items with different prices/total costs?
>>>
>>> RMS Help file doesn't have information on this.
>>>
>>> ______________________________________________________
>>>
>>> Larry Leveen
>>> OlyBikes
>>> Bikes, Parts, Repairs
>>> & GREAT Customer Service!
>>>
>>> 124 State Avenue NE
>>> Olympia, WA 98501
>>>
>>> P: 360-753-7525
>>> F: 360-528-7526
>>> info@olybikes.com
>>>
>>> www.olybikes.com
>>> Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials!

> Larry Leveen
> OlyBikes
> Bikes, Parts, Repairs
> & GREAT Customer Service!
>
> 124 State Avenue NE
> Olympia, WA 98501
>
> P: 360-753-7525
> F: 360-528-7526
> info@olybikes.com
>
> www.olybikes.com
> Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials!

0
craig6967 (916)

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

Easy return of one item
Hello, Am I missing something or do I really have to put every item on a receipt on an invoice to return one item. Say there is 100 line items on a receipt. How can I easily specify one line? Thanks, Brian Using the "Recall for return" function, you are going to get all items from the transaction as you have seen. You can delete items from the return ( if you have the proper cashier rights ) , but you can't select which item from the transaction you want before recalling it. You can just switch a blank transaction into return mode, then add the single item being returned....

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Shipping Cost into Item Cost
Hi, I am a retailer of apparel, and shipping costs usually account for about 2-5% of the actual cost of the item. Because sometimes different suppliers have different item costs, I try to include the shipping costs into the item costs in my purchase order. What exactly happens when I put a value into the shipping option, rather than figuring out the shipping cost per item and adding it into my item cost? Is there a way for me to have it automatically share that shipping cost into the item cost? THANKS! ...

hyperlinking to an item in Global Address List
I have figured out how to hyperlink (html) to an item in my contact list: outlook:Contacts/~John Doe This works great. Now I would like to be able to issue a command to open a specific contact from the Global Address List. It is possible that the Global Address List has some folder name like GAL so that a command like this: outlook://GAL/~John Doe could be issued. Does anyone know how to refer to the Global Address List by its folder name or to do what I am asking? This can't be done, but you can add the GAL entry to your contact folder and then do what you know. Is that good en...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

store item quantity
hi can any one tell me which table includes the item quantity of each store in hq database. thanks ItemDynamics -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "BACHA11" <BACHA11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6817D99-2062-43A8-9CC4-65D7EB17360B@microsoft.com... > hi > can any one tell me which table includes the item quantity of each store > in > hq database. > thanks thank you ryan ,i got it "Ryan @ R...

Exchange 2003 #5

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

Item level recovery of Hyper-V VMs without VT
Hi there, I have DPM 2010 running in a VM. I'd like to do item-level recovery of other VMs. DPM 2010 told me that I need to install the Hyper-V role... But this is obviously impossible as it's living in a VM itself. It'd be great if the final version of DPM 2010 supported item-level recovery without requiring hardware virtualization features. Simon DPM 2010 needs to mount VHDs in order to provide item-level recovery of VMs. This functionality is provided by Hyper-V role in Windows 2008 and hence Hyper-V role is needed by DPM 2010. But we hear your feedback and...

Microsoft Exchange #3

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

downloaded transactions
How can I "fix" downloaded transactions that aren't there? I've downloaded my statements, they are imported into the account, Money tells me how many I need to review, but they aren't there as they usually are (bolded). I have tried to "accept all", to no avail. Any advice? Thanks, Bartley Try the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316900 "bartley" <bartleycox@msn.com> wrote in message news:0bad01c35d3c$2e32d4d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can I "fix" downloaded transactions that aren...

Problems between two Exchange Servers

messaging interface has returned an unknown error
I just installed the free trial of Office 2003. Outlook starts up fine, but when i go to create a new message or reply/forward, i get the error message of "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, please re-start outlook i have restarted outlook as well as my PC and nothing seems to be helping. I also repaired my installation but the error remains. I would appreciate any feedback. ...

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

Exporting from outlook (sent items) to Excel
Only a limited number of fields are exported from sent items , how do I get all fields exported into excel file? Thanks Iain <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Only a limited number of fields are exported from sent > items , how do I get all fields exported into excel file? If I may ask, what's the goal? -- Brian Tillman ...

antigen on exchange #2

ORDER RECEIVED AND SALES
Hi, I need a reort that shows when I received a Purchase Order and the quantity received. Should also show how much I have sold of the item since it was received. Example Ordered 10 keyboards and received 8 of them on 1/1/08. Since 1/1/08 I have sold 6 keyboards. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Try the Item Movement History Report for an item by item report of what you want. Filter and format the report as neccesary and don't forget to memorize it for the next time! "Razrp" <Razrp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CEED710-0D3E-48EC-8DB...