Error 425 -- ANY PROGRESS ON THIS PROBLEM????

Has anyone come accross a work-around for Error 425 -- "printer locked by
another application"?? I have seen several posts dated since December.
However;
looks like folks are still running into the problem.

Im sure other retail establishments have figured out how to use two printers
at the same time with the system. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
0
ewva (7)
2/1/2006 4:23:59 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Go to Printer folder in XP and look for INTUIT printer.  Delete printer.
problem disappears.

"ew_va" wrote:

> Has anyone come accross a work-around for Error 425 -- "printer locked by
> another application"?? I have seen several posts dated since December.
> However;
> looks like folks are still running into the problem.
>
> Im sure other retail establishments have figured out how to use two printers
> at the same time with the system. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
0
ACTPOS (2)
2/1/2006 5:31:27 PM
Thanks for replying to my post. Which printer forlder in XP? Can you specify
the directory path?

"ACT-POS" wrote:

> Go to Printer folder in XP and look for INTUIT printer.  Delete printer.
> problem disappears.
>
> "ew_va" wrote:
>
> > Has anyone come accross a work-around for Error 425 -- "printer locked by
> > another application"?? I have seen several posts dated since December.
> > However;
> > looks like folks are still running into the problem.
> >
> > Im sure other retail establishments have figured out how to use two printers
> > at the same time with the system. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
0
ewva (7)
2/1/2006 6:37:28 PM
It's not really a folder - it's a control panel item:
You can usually get to it by clicking the Start button and going to
"Printers and Faxes"
If you don't see that, open the Control Panel and go to "Printers and Faxes"
from there.

You don't neccessarily need to delete the printer, and it won't neccessarily
be "Intuit", although they are a common culprit...

The problem that this post was addressing is that if any Windows printers
are set to use the same port (usually LPT1 or COM1) that the receipt printer
is on, it will block OPOS from claiming the printer.  Even if the printer is
not physically connected to the computer, the Windows printer object will
cause problems.  Some software created a "Virtual Printer" when it is
installed - some examples are Quickbooks (INTUIT), Adobe Acrobat and
Microsoft Office.  Some of these virtual printers get assigned a PORT -
usually LPT1 or COM1 - by default.  If you just go into the printer
properties and look at the Ports tab, you can assign them to a different
port and solve your problem without deleting the printer.

Oh, also, if you are using OPOS, you do NOT want to install the windows
driver for the receipt printer OR create it as a Windows printer - that will
gum up the OPOS works in the same way the virtual drivers discussed above
will.

I'm not sure if this condition is directly tied to error 425, but it very
well may be...

Good Luck!

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"ew_va" <ewva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for replying to my post. Which printer forlder in XP? Can you
> specify
> the directory path?
>
> "ACT-POS" wrote:
>
>> Go to Printer folder in XP and look for INTUIT printer.  Delete printer.
>> problem disappears.
>>
>> "ew_va" wrote:
>>
>> > Has anyone come accross a work-around for Error 425 -- "printer locked
>> > by
>> > another application"?? I have seen several posts dated since December.
>> > However;
>> > looks like folks are still running into the problem.
>> >
>> > Im sure other retail establishments have figured out how to use two
>> > printers
>> > at the same time with the system. Any help would be GREATLY
>> > appreciated.

0
glenn9672 (1267)
2/2/2006 10:54:09 PM
OK, i am still receiving the 425 error.  I have removed all printers from the
XP printers except i did create a Generic Text only printer, which i changed
the port to Printer to File, this is so it doesnt prompt "Found New Hardware"
everytime i reboot the machine.  The only pritner that is installed on this
pc is referring to port "Print to File".

the share opos printer is checked in Manager options.

I have totally uninstalled the cashdrawer settings from both OPOS and
Manager register 1.

I have unchecked all of the startup  services in msconfig except sql server

any ideas what could be causing RMS version 1.2.0185 to think the printer is
locked?  I am using an Epson TM-T88IIIP printer on a gateway computer.

Thanks,
Andy

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> It's not really a folder - it's a control panel item:
> You can usually get to it by clicking the Start button and going to
> "Printers and Faxes"
> If you don't see that, open the Control Panel and go to "Printers and Faxes"
> from there.
>
> You don't neccessarily need to delete the printer, and it won't neccessarily
> be "Intuit", although they are a common culprit...
>
> The problem that this post was addressing is that if any Windows printers
> are set to use the same port (usually LPT1 or COM1) that the receipt printer
> is on, it will block OPOS from claiming the printer.  Even if the printer is
> not physically connected to the computer, the Windows printer object will
> cause problems.  Some software created a "Virtual Printer" when it is
> installed - some examples are Quickbooks (INTUIT), Adobe Acrobat and
> Microsoft Office.  Some of these virtual printers get assigned a PORT -
> usually LPT1 or COM1 - by default.  If you just go into the printer
> properties and look at the Ports tab, you can assign them to a different
> port and solve your problem without deleting the printer.
>
> Oh, also, if you are using OPOS, you do NOT want to install the windows
> driver for the receipt printer OR create it as a Windows printer - that will
> gum up the OPOS works in the same way the virtual drivers discussed above
> will.
>
> I'm not sure if this condition is directly tied to error 425, but it very
> well may be...
>
> Good Luck!

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "ew_va" <ewva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for replying to my post. Which printer forlder in XP? Can you
> > specify
> > the directory path?
> >
> > "ACT-POS" wrote:
> >
> >> Go to Printer folder in XP and look for INTUIT printer.  Delete printer.
> >> problem disappears.

Andy:

I found out that if you have store manager running at the same time as
the pos you can get this error. Turn off store manager and see if that
helps. I still get this weird print mapping error but for some reason
it at least prints out all of my receipts now. Hope this helps.

"Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." wrote:

> OK, i am still receiving the 425 error.  I have removed all printers from the
> XP printers except i did create a Generic Text only printer, which i changed
> the port to Printer to File, this is so it doesnt prompt "Found New Hardware"
> everytime i reboot the machine.  The only pritner that is installed on this
> pc is referring to port "Print to File".
>
> the share opos printer is checked in Manager options.
>
> I have totally uninstalled the cashdrawer settings from both OPOS and
> Manager register 1.
>
> I have unchecked all of the startup  services in msconfig except sql server
>
> any ideas what could be causing RMS version 1.2.0185 to think the printer is
> locked?  I am using an Epson TM-T88IIIP printer on a gateway computer.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
> > It's not really a folder - it's a control panel item:
> > You can usually get to it by clicking the Start button and going to
> > "Printers and Faxes"
> > If you don't see that, open the Control Panel and go to "Printers and Faxes"
> > from there.
> >
> > You don't neccessarily need to delete the printer, and it won't neccessarily
> > be "Intuit", although they are a common culprit...
> >
> > The problem that this post was addressing is that if any Windows printers
> > are set to use the same port (usually LPT1 or COM1) that the receipt printer
> > is on, it will block OPOS from claiming the printer.  Even if the printer is
> > not physically connected to the computer, the Windows printer object will
> > cause problems.  Some software created a "Virtual Printer" when it is
> > installed - some examples are Quickbooks (INTUIT), Adobe Acrobat and
> > Microsoft Office.  Some of these virtual printers get assigned a PORT -
> > usually LPT1 or COM1 - by default.  If you just go into the printer
> > properties and look at the Ports tab, you can assign them to a different
> > port and solve your problem without deleting the printer.
> >
> > Oh, also, if you are using OPOS, you do NOT want to install the windows
> > driver for the receipt printer OR create it as a Windows printer - that will
> > gum up the OPOS works in the same way the virtual drivers discussed above
> > will.
> >
> > I'm not sure if this condition is directly tied to error 425, but it very
> > well may be...
> >
> > Good Luck!
> >
> > --
> > --
> > Glenn Adams
> > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >
> > "ew_va" <ewva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for replying to my post. Which printer forlder in XP? Can you
> > > specify
> > > the directory path?

0
ewva (7)
2/11/2006 7:08:26 PM
thanks for the feedback ew_va,

unfortuneatley Manager is not open, I am only working with the POS screen.

"ew_va" wrote:

> [...]
> > > properties and look at the Ports tab, you can assign them to a different
> > > port and solve your problem without deleting the printer.
> > >
> > > Oh, also, if you are using OPOS, you do NOT want to install the windows
> > > driver for the receipt printer OR create it as a Windows printer - that will
> > > gum up the OPOS works in the same way the virtual drivers discussed above
> > > will.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure if this condition is directly tied to error 425, but it very
> > > well may be...
> > >
> > > Good Luck!
> > >
> > > --
> > > --
> > > Glenn Adams
> > > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > > newsgroup so that all can share the information

Excel Progrom Error

Data Migration Problem #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C4C0C4.D0290A10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Bonjour all, I have been struggling with the data migration problem for a long = time... and get stuck in the middle of the road. I am importing company data from either excel or text files into the = cdf_Product table of SQL server (cdf_mscrm database) using the SQL Query = Analyzer, where a problem is encountered that in the table structure, = there exists the product id as the primary key (data type: SQLI...

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Problems with Using Query with Analyze it with Microsoft Excel
We have a problem with Access 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I have a QUERY from ACCESS 2003 and hit the following sequence of commands - "TOOLS" "OFFICE LINKS" and "ANALYZE IT WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL". I notice the Excel pops up and I see fields being imported and when it is down the Excel spreadsheet is blank - not even a blank spreadsheet comes up. What am I doing wrong. We need Access 2003 to link to the data in Excel so we can edit and modify it using EXCEL as well as ACCESS. Thanks for your help. JW ...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

SMTP mail send problem
I'm running Windows/Outlook XP with mail routed through POP3/SMTP university servers. Abruptly, I am no longer able to send mail, though receiving works fine. I get an error message saying that Outlook couldn't connect with the outgoing server. No account settings have changed (I've checked) and I can still telnet to the SMTP server (but not through port 25)and send mail through a web-based university system. I do not have any Norton software on my computer, though I"m unsure about other potential firewalls. I am connecting to the internet through a cable modem which work...

Re: Money 2004

Problem with attachments
Hi, I have a user who attaches multiple attachments e.g. .ppt, .doc, xls and .pdf in an e-mail. But Outlook 2000 randomly changes the order of the attachments and also sometimes deletes one of the attachments. So if the user takes a print on the mail before sending it and then after it has been sent takes a new print from the folder Sent Items the e-mail are changed. The attachments are in unordered and sometimes one is missing. We are using Outlook 2000 on the client and Exchange 5.5 as mail server, every update and sp are installed on the client and server. Thank you in advance Ilm...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

SMTP Problem
We have excahange 2000 server which forwards mails to our SMTP server in turn which can send mails on Internet. Some time our excahange server doesn't ping to SMTP server and then all mails goes to unrechable destination Queue. Then never comes back to Internet SMTP connector Queue. We have to start SMTP service 2 -3 times then only it moves back to Internet SMTP connector Queue. Please help me so the messages gets transfer to Internet SMTP connector Queue immediately. and then it can deliver to SMTP server to send it on Internet. Regards, How and where did you set the forward?...

Typing message error

probably a simple table problem
Hi there. Ok, I have a table with 5 columns which I keep the data in. On another sheet I want a table which arranges the data from that tabl in ascending order, and throws out the values which have a 0 in it. Here's an example Barn - 1 - 0 - 1 - 2 farm - 0 - 2 - 1 - 0 firm - 2 - 1 - 0 - 0 A drop-down list picks if you arrange the data depending on column 2 3, 4 or 5. Column 1 is never listed as a choice (of course, as it' just the name for the thing). Let's say we pick column 1, then the table I want puts firm at the top then barn, and doesn't show farm. How can I do th...

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...