Epson Printer Health Check OPOS_E_ILLEGAL

I am trying to attach an epson printer TM-T88III to one of my terminals.  I
am using the epson ADK ospos software to set up the printer.  When doing the
health check I keep getting the result OPOS_E_ILLEGAL.

I can not for the life of me figure out why I am getting this result.  I
have tested the printer and it is working perfectly (I took if off of a
different machine that was working perfectly)

Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks!
-JT
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Is it usb or parallel ?
Remove the OPOS and reinstall again and It will ask you for port usb or
Perallel.  and If you have usb printer click usb if you have perallel click
on perallel.You should install opos newer version with service pack 10.
or you can can call epson  http://www.esponexpert.com They will help you
free.

0
gill6764 (101)

Checking somebody's email
Hello, I'm an Administrator and would like to have the ability to log on a person's email to be able to change some echange server rules. However, even though I am a member of the group 'Administrators' I am not able to do so. How is this possible ? In news:D89551BA-EEC2-4637-9BDF-16DFAD4E5A7E@microsoft.com, Mourad <Mourad@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hello, > I'm an Administrator and would like to have the ability to log on a > person's email to be able to change some echange server rules. > However, even though I am a member of the group &#...

Move Printer from one server to another
Hi.. I have Old Server with many Printers setup on it (OS is Windows 2003 With TS enable in App mode). Can I move just a File, and for sure have all my printer installed in the new server? New Serer is Windows 2003, same configuration but with more Processor and RAM. thanks in advance for any help.. regards.. Luis Falch Windows Print Migrator 3.1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9b9f2925-cbc9-44da-b2c9-ffdbc46b0b17&displaylang=en -- Phillip Windell The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or Microsoft, or ...

"No Default Printer Installed"
I have recently migrated from Windows XP to Vista 64 Ultimate. Money Plus Home & Business Installed and runs fine, but I am not able to print anything. When I try to go to print setup even I get the message: "No default printer is installed. To install a printer, you need to switch to the Microsoft Windows Control Panel..." I have a printer installed and it works fine from other programs and is set as the default printer. In fact, I have several printers installed, included the Acrobat printer where I normally print my invoices to PDF, but nothing appears to register....

Bach Approval check box disable
Dear, Our company's account person was working fine with GP regarding his acccounts working but yesterday what happen is Transaction >>Purchase >> Batch > Approval > Transaction >>Financial >> Batch > Approval > check box disabled and he was unabled to approve the batches I checked it by giving all the rights but it is still in same state Only sa user has rights and no one is able to get it please make it easy for me if any one knows it well Thanks regards, Naveed My rights r not activating now pls activate them If the check box ...

Journal Default Printer
I have 2 printers connected to my computer, the receipt printer and a laser printer. The journal on POS always prints to the laster printer, because that is the default printer set up for my computer. Is there any way to have the journal print to the receipt printer automatically without having to set is as the default printer for the computer, or without having to always go into page setup and select it to print? For instance, I set Gift Receipt as one of my POS buttons, and when I try to print, it always prints on the laser printer. Thanks, Omar ...

What is the syntax to check if a date occurred before a referance.
I am trying to check a column of dates against a reference date to determine if the dates occurred before the reference date. I am using the following logical expression: IF(A1<"01-Jan-2004", "True","False") column A contains dates like: 01-Feb-2004 The expression provides the correct answer for some dates and the incorrect answer for others. Anyone know the correct syntax for this expression? use this instead =IF(A1<DATEVALUE("01-Jan-2004"), "True","False") "Hugh@cat" <Hugh@cat@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Text in a filled text box not printing on PS printers
I am having problems printing Word 2007 documents to PostScript printers. the problem has been reproduced on different computers. the problem seems to be fixed in Office 2010. On any page in Word with a transparent image or an image with a drop shadow, text in any text box with a color-fill background does not print correctly. The text appears correct on screen and in print preview and prints correctly to a non-PS printer. The problem can be reproduced as follows: 1. Create a new image in MS Paint, save the image as a .jpg. 2. Create a new Word document, insert the new .jpg...

Epson TM88III Connection
Can someone please help with the installation of my Epson Receip printer. I purchased the Dell POS Bundle and am usually very technical in nature but I cannot figure out why my printer is not connecting via USB. I would really appreciate any help someone could provide. I've been through the threads and haven't quite seen the right answer for my issue. I'm definitely new to the POS, OPOS device game but need to get my POS and RMS system setup. Thanks, D, I have the instructions somewhere. It took me quite awhile to figure it out since Epson's information is crazy. B...

Wont accept any transactions with a check number
I have an unusual problem. When I download my statement, I cannot get Money 2006 Deluxe to accept transactions with a check number. The accept button doesn't do anything. Clicking on change allows you to leave it unmatched. Trying to match it to itself doesn't work. As a workaround, I leave it unmatched, reset the unmatched info to match the correct item and then delete the previous entry. I have tried doing an uninstall reinstall, repair both quick repair and the more indepth repair. Is there anything else I can try to make this work? ...

font on check in report writer
Hi, I would like to change the font setting on the checks I am printing out. I assume I need to use report writer to do this. I would appreciate any advice. You are right that the Report Writer is the tool to use. Depending upon the check format, the report is a text report or graphical report. If it's a text report, you've got more work than you would if it's a graphical report. If the report is a text report, you clear the setting on the report design window that it's a text report. By doing so and going to the layout window, you will notice the margin line. All field...

Epson TMU200
I am not very technically inclined but I did manage to upgrade from QS2000 to RMS this evening. That is, everything seems to be working except for my Epson TMU200 receipt printer and cash drawer. Do I really need an OPOS driver? Can't I just use the Windows driver? And if I need the OPOS driver, which one do I download from epsonexpert.com for the TMU200? The 2.4 Epson OPOS driver works with the TMU200. I haven't tried anything more recent than that. the Download is called something like ADK - and it's considered a "Developer's Kit", but it includes t...

Printer Page number setup problem from OutLook.
Why when I want to print an email from my OutLook and go File/Print the Printer Dialog is different for different email(two different dialog). With a dialog(Print style) I can not set the page number I want to print. Someone give me some Idea to use just one Dialog where I can set the page I need to print for all email. Thank you. S.L. ...

Access 2007 & Printer control codes
My (POS) printer needs to receive the following - I think it is called escape sequence code "LPRINT CHR$(29); CHR(86); CHR$(48)" in order to activate the paper cutter at the end of a print report. Where and how do I have to place this on the print report form? Any ideas or clues? Thanks, Vassilis I haven't worked with printer control codes for a very long time, but you could try putting a textbox at the end of your report and assigning it's control source as: =chr$(29) & "; " & chr$(86) & "; " & chr$(48) That assumes the semi-colo...

New Printer problems
I purchased an HP Photosmart 8250 Printer. I was assured that it would work with all Microsoft programs including Publisher. Guess what - I have spent all day with HP technical support and it still won't work. Publishers envelope orientation and the printer are opposite. I think I will be taking the printer back. It also has a pretty lame paper tray. Can someone suggest to me a printer. I don't do many photos, mostly brochures, letters, envelopes etc. I need help soon Thanks I have the same printer, works for me... In print setup: Paper/Quality tab, click custom... Type 4.125...

Script to create printer on windows 2k8 cluster
I have a cluster Windows 2k8 and I have to create 2000 printers on it. I've found a powershell script => Code: -------------------- function CreatePrinter { $server = $args[0] $print = ([WMICLASS]"\\$server\ROOT\cimv2:Win32_Printer").createInstance() $print.drivername = $args[1] $print.PortName = $args[2] $print.Shared = $true $print.Sharename = $args[3] $print.Location = $args[4] $print.Comment = $args[5] $print.DeviceID = $args[6] $print.Put() } function CreatePrinterPort { $server = $args[0] $port = ([WMICLAS...

Epson Printers
I am running RMS on a Gateway desktop with Windows XP. I need a Epson printer. I purchased a Casio and it did not work. Microsoft recommended the Epson TM-H5000. Has anyone worked with this printer who did not buy RMS bundle. My cash drawer is a Casio DL-3401. I would appreciate any advise . We just got a star printer which i really like. it is a tsp100. You should really check it out. We are using some other star's and some epsons but this one is by far the best. Configuring it was a snap compared to most. "melcort" wrote: > I am running RMS on a Gateway...

Need to list printers on a LAN
I would like to list all printers on the local area network by ip address. Is there a way I can do this? I've found samples for listing on the local machine but I need to look at the whole network. Thanks ...

Receipt template for Epson U220PD
Where I can get a receipt template for Epson U220PD in RMS. The customer complains of a waste of paper as there are many line spaces and the paper feeds an extra lines. Edwin You need to modify the margins on the receipt. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems Please tell how. "Jason Hunt" wrote: > You need to modify the margins on the receipt. > > -- > Jason Hunt > Advanced Computer Systems > > > Edwin, SO Manager | Database | Registers | Receipt Formats | 40 Column Receipt | Properties Button of the Sales line | Don't remember the...

Outlook 2003 not checking for new mail at startup
I have followed QID312336 but still not working. Does anyone have another suggestion? Win XP Home, Compaq R3120US laptop, Office 2003 Professional. Thanks! How could we? You've provided no information. At the very least you should post your mail account type, connection type, automatic polling settings, and exactly what isn't working, including the difference between automatic and manual polling behavior. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike" <mhoaglan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:18ead01c44c0c$6e231d10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have followed QID312336 but...

Printer and Task Scheduler Definitions
Is there a file or folder of files on WinXP that defines the PC's printer definitions and Scheduled Tasks. If so, it would be much easier to replicate these to a new PC or back them up for safety. -- Peter Marshall Manager Information Services Ohio Coatings Company What do you mean by "printer definitions" - I've never heard of those and I've been a PC user/builder for over 10 years? On Feb 23, 9:37=A0am, "Peter Marshall" <peter.marsh...@ohiocoatingscompany.com> wrote: > Is there a file or folder of files on WinXP that de...

Sending "e-pay" checks
I have 2 checking registers in Money 2005. One is my personal account, which I've had set up for a year or so. Somehow, I set it up just like I want it: when I'm finished entering a check, i use the pulldown menu in the upper-right corner box next to "number" and select the choice "e-pay". In this fashion, the check is transmitted to MSN Bill pay and gets entered in my register at the same time. However, I recently set up a second checking account (for my condo assn.), and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to set it up do it the same way: the "...

Remove caption that states which printer you are printing to.
I have been asked how to get rid of the caption that tells you what printer you are sending your printing to. "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E9E6E2-756C-4827-8DEF-EF3E2C48139D@microsoft.com > I have been asked how to get rid of the caption that tells you what > printer you are sending your printing to. I would suggest that's a WINDOWS problem not Outlook. ...

Applied check report.
Is there a way to have a smart list display all of the following information....Account number, check amount, check number, check date, bank number and vendor? I went through many columns in the payables transaction section but all of my results were on account, open transactions. I need a report that will show a list of all the checksthat where written within a certain time frame. You certainly can use SmartList Builder adding the PM Apply To Work Open and PM Apply To History File tables. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maxim...

Checking Calendar fopr availability
Strange...user at work was checking their availability when sent a meeting request. When they went to see if they we available for a date next week, the calendar went straight to Aug 31, 4500. Same thing happened to someone else. We are new to Outlook at work -- using Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003, XP -- previously used Lotus Notes 6.5 ...

How can I check a combo box content or value or something
Hi. I need to check if my combobox has something on it, what I mean is if my users choose any value. I need something looked like: if combo1 then msgbox "you must choose an option on Combo1" exit sub end if How can I do something looked like? Regards, Marco Marco, In the AfterUpdate event of the combo type, if IsNull(combo1.text) then msgbox "you must choose an option on Combo1" End If "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92B57DBB-74BC-4177-AB68-A87153654F34@microsoft.com... > Hi. I need to check if my combobox h...