Electronic Data Interchange

Does this system have the ability to do Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)? I
have a major supplier that has the capibility of receiving purchase orders
via EDI, I was going to talk to them about receiving the acknowledgements and
invoices electronically. I know that larger retialers use these systems, but
have to spend alot of money to implement them.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank-you
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We have a tool called Supplier Integration that does allow for EDI
transfers.  We may or may not need to make some special arrangements to
accommodate your supplier, but we'd be happy to take a look.  If you are
interested, shoot an email to sales@rite.us and I will make sure the
project manager for that program gets in touch with you!

Thank you,

Ryan Sakry
Program Manager
rsakry@rite.us
http://www.rite.us
320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
320-230-1796 (Fax)

On 7/24/2010 5:46 PM, akpetshop wrote:
> Does this system have the ability to do Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)? I
> have a major supplier that has the capibility of receiving purchase orders
> via EDI, I was going to talk to them about receiving the acknowledgements and
> invoices electronically. I know that larger retialers use these systems, but
> have to spend alot of money to implement them.
>
> Any information would be appreciated.
>
> Thank-you
0
Ryan
7/28/2010 1:37:37 PM
AK,

What distributor? I have done this with Central Pet. I can export the
Invoice in XML format to a file and then attach it to an email that gets
sent to their order receiving server. It works really well, and has majorly
cut down on inputting errors since a human doesn't input anything.

Receiving invoices electronically is a different beast altogether. There are
too many things I need to eyeball on my invoice when I receive the invoice
to be able to automate it. I could certainly import the invoice and receive
all the items that way, but then I would have to go back through it manually
to catch price changes and ILC changes so I wouldn't really save any time,
and I think it would be more prone to errors that way.

Craig

"akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does this system have the ability to do Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)?
> have a major supplier that has the capibility of receiving purchase orders
> via EDI, I was going to talk to them about receiving the acknowledgements
> and
> invoices electronically. I know that larger retialers use these systems,
> but
> have to spend alot of money to implement them.
>
> Any information would be appreciated.
>
> Thank-you

0
Craig
7/31/2010 7:46:59 PM
If you are handy with MS Access and a FTP Package you can do this yourself
with a little effort. I process orders twice a week with more than 300 lines
from a vendor and could not do without EDI. I have written batch files that
download invoices and uploads purchase orders. All EDI. Saves a ton of time.
Even if you have to pay someone it would be well worth it.

Tony

"akpetshop" wrote:

> Does this system have the ability to do Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)? I
> have a major supplier that has the capibility of receiving purchase orders
> via EDI, I was going to talk to them about receiving the acknowledgements and
> invoices electronically. I know that larger retialers use these systems, but
> have to spend alot of money to implement them.
>
> Any information would be appreciated.
>
> Thank-you
Tony,

Doesn't that assume I have access to those invoices electronically from a
ftp source? I can access my invoices from a website, but not by ftp. I would
love to be able to download by ftp and import them.

Craig

"Tony" <sales@windovers.com> wrote in message
> If you are handy with MS Access and a FTP Package you can do this yourself
> with a little effort. I process orders twice a week with more than 300
> lines
> from a vendor and could not do without EDI. I have written batch files
> that
> download invoices and uploads purchase orders. All EDI. Saves a ton of
> time.
> Even if you have to pay someone it would be well worth it.
>
> Tony
>
> "akpetshop" wrote:
>
>> Does this system have the ability to do Electronic Data Interchange
>> (EDI)? I
>> have a major supplier that has the capibility of receiving purchase
>> orders
>> via EDI, I was going to talk to them about receiving the acknowledgements
>> and
>> invoices electronically. I know that larger retialers use these systems,
>> but
>> have to spend alot of money to implement them.
>>
>> Any information would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thank-you

0
Craig
9/11/2010 3:15:20 PM
petshop gang,

We send our orders to Central Pet and Royal Pet electronically (not real
EDI). Central Pet is easily handled directly from RMS by exporting a PO
in XML format, then emailing out via Outlook. Royal was a little
trickier, requiring the file be reformatted before sending it to them,
again via email.

The files get handled automatically at their end, ending keying errors.
Neither vendor sends back data about the PO, fills, etc.

This works for us, because 99% of the time we generate the PO from our
end, so there is no hand keying involved.

Marc

On 9/11/2010 11:15 AM, Craig Wood wrote:
> Tony,
>
> Doesn't that assume I have access to those invoices electronically from
> a ftp source? I can access my invoices from a website, but not by ftp. I
> would love to be able to download by ftp and import them.
>
> Craig
>
> "Tony" <sales@windovers.com> wrote in message
>> If you are handy with MS Access and a FTP Package you can do this
>> yourself
>> with a little effort. I process orders twice a week with more than 300
>> lines
>> from a vendor and could not do without EDI. I have written batch files
>> that
>> download invoices and uploads purchase orders. All EDI. Saves a ton of
>> time.
>> Even if you have to pay someone it would be well worth it.
>>
>> Tony
>>
>> "akpetshop" wrote:
>>
>>> Does this system have the ability to do Electronic Data Interchange
>>> (EDI)? I
>>> have a major supplier that has the capibility of receiving purchase
>>> orders
>>> via EDI, I was going to talk to them about receiving the
>>> acknowledgements and
>>> invoices electronically. I know that larger retialers use these
>>> systems, but
>>> have to spend alot of money to implement them.
>>>
>>> Any information would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thank-you

0
MarcR

Data list #3
I have a list of data that I am trying to summarize in a separate worksheet. My formula in cell A3= Master!A2. In cell A4 I have the formula = Master!A14 (or 12 rows down). Cell A5= Master!A26 etc. down the entire sheet. I have manually put in A14, A26, etc. down the column. How can I automate that formula to say I would like whatever is 12 rows down from the cell above it? So, in cell A4, I don't want to manually put in A14 but tell it to look 12 rows down from A3. Does that make sense? You can use the INDIRECT function. In cell A3, enter: =INDIRECT("Master!A&q...

Data bind only visible fields
I'm new to C#. I noticied that if I bind a formview to an SQL table, when I click update all fields are updated, and not only those that are visible (bound). Is this the standard behaivour? If not, how do I allow updates only on those fields that are bound? I tried with datasets and linq2sql. Thanks! ...

Protecting Data in Excel
Hi world Can anyone tell me if its possible to share access (on the same PC) to a worksheet but ensure that once data has been entered into a field it can't be deleted or altered without an administrator level access? If not anyone have any ideas what a suitable alternative may be? Many thanks Protection in Excel IMO should only ever really be considered as a means of preventing unintended changes to data. There is no level of protection you can set, where I couldn't gain access to any piece of data in whatever sheet you had me work with. Same goes for pretty much all of the...

Mail merge using Excel data
Using P2003 and mail merge In Pub, whenever my "zipcode" field (that I am getting from an Excel file) has zip +4 digits, "0" shows up in the Pub merge results. In the Excel file, I have tried having the column attributes set as Custom, Text, and others to see if that was causing the problem, but still the same results. How can I get the zip + 4 to display correctly in the Pub merge? Thanks much for your help. Try inserting an apostrophe before the figures in Excel. This tells Excel that the cell contains text. Does this work for you? -- Rae Drysdale "ladyt...

Legacy Data
Has anyone migrated from Lawson to GP (or another accounting product)? If so, what have you done with your legacy data? If you mean the raw data still in the old program, burn it on DVD's and put it in the firebox. Mike "Siri" <Siri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:759D2ADF-92E9-4157-A7B2-13A259341A50@microsoft.com... > Has anyone migrated from Lawson to GP (or another accounting product)? If > so, what have you done with your legacy data? > Import - Master DAta - GL Summary transactions - Open Receivables and Payables Try and do as lit...

Electronic Date Stamp
Is there a way to auotmatically insert into an E-Mail the date and/or time it was opened by me? ...

Data filter in Default Views
Hi, Can we filter data while default vie is being populated. for example if there are X number of users who should not see some data values pertaining to Y users while the default view remains same for both the set of users. While it is possible that data can be hidden on the form Onload such that if a record is being accessed by a specific user in the X category, the data appears distorted while the same is visible to users in Y category. Do we have any such handle available in CRM 3.0 to filter the same when the user clicks Accounts link in 'My Workplace ' and the default view ...

Data Validation
How do I use the custom validation. I want to enter a validation which does not allow the cells in column G to be more than the cell on the same row in column E + 50. I have selected all the cells, gone to Data Menu, Validation. Then on the Settings tab picked Custom and then need to type the formula. I’ve treid a few but can’t seem to get it right. Try this: With G1 as the active cell.... Data>Data Validation Allow: Custom Formula: =G1<=(E1+50) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Mary Ann" wrote: > How do I use the custom validati...

how to sheet1 data goes to sheet2 automaticaly ?
Hai all I would like to know one excel sheet1 data to sheet2 automaticaly,which command use for it ,please.... It's a formula. If you're on sheet2, to reference sheet1, use something like: =sheet1!a1 Regards, Fred "ABDUSSALAM" <ABDUSSALAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F5C2113-D186-41EA-9CEB-0D190D101F1B@microsoft.com... > Hai all > I would like to know one excel sheet1 data to sheet2 automaticaly,which > command use for it ,please.... If it's a one-off requirement you can just use copy/paste, but if you want i...

How do I import data from a SECURED website into Excel?
I can import data from a regular web page directly into Excel spreadsheet, but when I tried importing them from a secured site I encountered problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

CRM 4 data base Move
Hi all we are currently look to migrate a CRM4 data base to a new server. Where in CRM 4 do i change the DB connection details ?? Scott; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952934 Dave Ireland "scotishhaggis" <scotishhaggis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71740E8F-561B-46FA-B8B9-B2685005D878@microsoft.com... > Hi all > > we are currently look to migrate a CRM4 data base to a new server. Where > in > CRM 4 do i change the DB connection details > > ?? On Jun 26, 5:54=A0pm, "Dave Ireland" <direl...@salentica.com> wr...

Entering data on template and then data going to a spreadsheet.
I am trying to find the easist way to do simple invoices out of excel. I believe if I create a invoice template and enter the data there I should be able to have the data transfered from the template to a spreadsheet to summerize all the invoices. But I am not sure how to do this. I am new to excel and don't understand how to write macros and things. So hopefully someone can tell me an easy way to do this. KJH Hi maybe provide some more details what you want to summarize, what you want to enter, etc. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany KJH wrote: > I am trying to fi...

Bug: Office Notifications Uses Data from Firewire Disk after restart
Today, I restarted my powerbook. I had a Firewire drive connected. This Firewire drive has two partitions. One partition is a bootable system backup for this powerbook. Upon login, Office Notifications started giving me reminders which I had "completed" weeks ago. I then looked at my email and found 3-week old emails at the top of my in-box. After realizing that it was apparently using the database from the bootable system backup, I tried to eject the Firewire disk but the Finder told me that it was "in use". I shut down, disconnected the Firewire drive, then restart...

Entering data in 3 ways
Hi! I have been bilding a form for orders (frmOrders) including a subform for order detais (frmRows). In the frmRows is a control for UnitPrice. I should be able to enter data into it in 3 ways: 1. Directly from table Products. 2. Based on calculation square meter*m2Price. 3. Manually. Placing a sentence =IIf(m2Price>0;m2Price;ProdPrice) into the UnitPrice control works in cases 1 and 2 but entering data manually does not. Now I have solved this problem by macro: doubleClicking on control UnitPrice copies the value from m2Price and I can edit the UnitPrice control. I know there must be m...

Monitoring Data
Hi I collect a lot of environmental monitoring data in my profession an want to create a single spreadsheet to collect data from a list o sites but with varying analytes. The actual table will be fairly simple - columns for analytes and row for sites. Not all sites will have all the total list of analytes bu gaps wouldn't matter. e.g. attached... The problem I have is working out an easy way of importing data I ge from labs into this table. It would be OK if I consistently got EXACTL the same order of analytes in a spreadsheet from the labs but thi doesn't happen. I need to wor...

Data and Chart on same page. How to refreh please.
Hello from Steved I have a chart on the same page as my data. I've put the refresh button onto my tool bar but it is greyed out. My Data range is D4:H16 This data changes each month. Ok Question please, when I update the D4:H16 range how do I get the Chart to update to the change. Thankyou. ...

Another Reason to Keep Your Financial Data Under Your Control
I doubt that there are many readers of this group who are tempted to move to a finance package that puts their personal data on someone else's servers, but for anyone who is considering such a move, please have a look at this article: http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal_tech/smartphones/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=220600430 Apparently, Microsoft does not follow the good backup practices that have been so frequently emphasized by the users of this group. Bill Becker Bill Becker <BillBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I doubt that there are many readers of t...

change position of data
Hi My data set, has located on column x, for example: (x2:x570),i want to move this column to desired row number (x7644). I need to a macro or function, when run it, then at first, open the Box, and take me new row number, and finally, move data on column x to new row number (x7644:x8214). I have many file and little time. Thank's for any help. best regards open the Box??? Insert rows??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "climate" <climate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BE7545C-F280-...

Charting quarterly data in XL2000
Just curious if there is a way to make a quarterly bar chart as a time-scale and not have gaps between the bars. I would prefer not to use a category axis I am also trying to avoid turning the numbers into monthly data. If not, I think it would be a good addition Well, a time scale, by definition, will have to account for all the time between the ends of the quarters. So, if you don't want a category axis (I have no idea why not) and don't want a gap between the bars, I believe you might be stuck. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPo...

data encryption
Anyone know details of data encryption for Access 2003. I can't find any reference in 'help', but I'm sure I've seen something about it in the past. Richard -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com you can use data encryption if you are using ADP FILE, CONNECTION, ADVANCED "atlantis43 via AccessMonster.com" <u24690@uwe> wrote in message news:717a465fabd40@uwe... > Anyone know details of data encryption for Access 2003. I can't find any > reference in 'help', but I'm sure I've seen something about it in the past. >...

Physical Inventory data collector
We are currently getting ready to do a physical inventory, and unfortuneatly we are trying to start with a clean slate on inventory. My question is which portable data collectors are compatible with RMS, and would require the fewest ways of importing the data. We did an inventory six months ago, but some items are not in inventory and others supposedly there but not. While count sheets help eliminate the items that aren't in stock, the items that exist that aren't listed seem to get overlooked. Excuse my ignorance on this, I just recently came on board with this retail shop,...

Capturing data
I am working on a registration form for a meeting. I currently have a sheet set up as a registration form with cells for various fees to be paid by the registrant. My current plan is to use a seperate sheet for each registrant (approx 100 - 150) all within the same workbook. The question is: What would be the best way to summarize the various amounts paid and the numbers of people registered for each event all onto one sheet? I looked at using a Pivot Table, but apparently my data on the registration form is not arranged correctly. I have been looking at using a summary sheet with...

Import data to pivottable
Hi Is it possible to create a pivot with reference to several data from diffent sheets in the same excel file. I am trying to manage data on money transactions. These transactions are different in their nature (grouped into the different types) and I would prefer if they were in seperate sheets. Next problem... In these sheets I want to manage transaction from an account to an other account, therefore I got 2 colloms with the name "account name". This curses some problems because I want the "Row" of the pivottable to be "Account name". I want the pivottab...

Comparing two sets of data, and outputting the matches to another location
Hello. I have a problem I've been working on for a few days now, and I can't seem to come up with a solution. I have two columns of data. The first is a list of company employees sorted by last name (about 10,000 names), followed by the department they work in. The second is a sample list of the employees (about 200 names), also sorted by last name, and the computer systems access level they have. What I want to do is compare the second list to the first list, and where the names appear on both lists, output the data from both columns (for that name) to a third location. The goal...

can custom autofilter pull parameters from other data?
I have a workbook that uses a pivot table to pull in data that includes dates as one of the fields. I would like to be able to have the pivot table only show a range of dates from the source data...preferably without using the pivot field check boxes and without sorting and deleting source data. Can I set up a macro that creates a custom autofilter in the pivot source data "date" field and pulls the parameter date ranges desired from cells in a different sheet? This way I can enter the date ranges i want in two predetermined cells, run the macro, and refresh the pivot table...