Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction

Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the
associated sales rep?
0
Scarpa (7)
12/13/2006 3:03:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Scarpa,

You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's
interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of
other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do.

One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John
sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code
for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for
return.... picks the reason code and then either keys in the items under the
right sales rep for a $0.00 transaction... or completes the return then
recall for return the return... making it a sale and sets the right rep for
the items.

This same principle applies to customers not added to the original
transaction... which was also a problem for them. We discovered that RMS is
great in the fact that you can set a sales rep to a customer... but if you
assign the customer to a transaction after keying in the items and setting
the sales rep for them... the rep associated with the customer will
overwrite the info in the transaction. Therefore we have concluded that the
ideal way to ring up the sale is to begin with the customer, then sales rep,
the items with any discounts or other changes and obviously the final step
is applying the correct tender.

I hope this helps.

Marc Wagner
www.gmroii.net

"Scarpa" <Scarpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change
> the
> associated sales rep?

0
marcw1 (123)

Downloaded Transactions not matching correctly, non-downloaded transactions showing up with 'E' status when they shouldn't
I recently did the cure-all of 'Remove all bills data' and I've regularly repaired my file. But I'm still seeing an issue of data not matching, and manually entered transactions mysteriously showing up with 'E' or 'Downloaded' status. Here's what I think is going on: 1) I enter a bill into my register. It shows up un-reconciled. 2) I download a statement from the bank, and this includes a transaction that matches the bill entered in step 1 perfectly (date, amount anyway) 3) I go into the register, and Money has *not* matched the downloaded to the ex...

Adjust cost utility should affect posted shipment receipt
I'm entering this in for my Partner who has encountered an issue where the adjust cost utility is not updating the posted shipment receipt. After a user has posted a shipment in POP, another user changes the cost via the Adjust Cost utility in Inventory. Later, the invoice is received and posted in POP but the invoice will still see the variance from the shipment because it was not updated by the Adjust Cost utility. This causes another cost variance to post in GL when unnecessary and will potentially cause Inventory and GL to be out of balance. It also has the potential of causing ...

Workflow
To start with, I didn't have access to the Workflow manager and was doing all my customizations using client side scripting. I set up the sales stages using a picklist with the salesstagecode schema. I now want to do these using the Workflow manager, and have the user manually advance the sales stage (as they would if they were selecting the option from the picklist). I'm so hopelessly lost with working out the workflow manager. Ideally, I'd love the user to be able to change the sales stage in the picklist, and have that change the sales stage in the sales process. Do I have ...

Track Sales Weekly, Monthly and Annually with this Powerful Tool 25302
--boundarynDqNAw== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable N?%?>?/Mvdhq@YWcrRf@k(/h+ --boundarynDqNAw== Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD></HEAD> <BODY contentEditable=3Dtrue> <P>&nbsp; (RST) Retail Sales Tracker Spreadsheet is a reliable and feature-= packed excel spreadsheet designed to help your business easily manage custo= mer sales. Streamline your business processes with this flexible and powerf= ul sprea...

GP 9.0 - Analytical Accounting Options - Post through to GL
Hello, One of the options in the Analytical Accounting Options window (Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Analytical Accounting >> Options) is 'Post through to GL for Trx posting'. I'm not clear of the purpose of this option. 1. Does this override the checkbox 'Post to GL' in the Posting setup? 2. To what transactions this option apply? Thanks in advance...Murali ...

editting auto recovery

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

BOM & Edit List

Sales for Outlook
Hi, We've got CRM 1.2 installed on a front-end dedicated server (Server 2003 SP1 plus the CRM rollup patch 1), connecting to a back-end SQL server. Have Outlook clients (Windows XP/Office 2003 + all updates) using Sales for Outlook client (with client version of rollup patch 1). Everything has been working fine - then suddenly last week, when you click on any of the CRM folders in Outlook, the main window shows up a "Cannot Find Server" - "The Page Cannot be displayed" browser error (cannot find server or DNS error). All clients are getting this error. The C...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Transaction Performance Counter #3
Hi I am looking for a way (by using SQL profiler or the MGP SDK oranything else) to measure avarage times for transaction execution in Great Plains. A simple example might be the posting GL transactions at month end. I am looking for a way to record the average time and compare any new postings to the "historical" average. This data will then be used to produce a report... Any help will be valuable, as I don't really have a clue where to start looking Reagrds, Arno van Rooyen ...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

Quicken R 5 update : Money converter handles long transaction memo's (no truncation) better
Dick .. I posted this in an older thread and I am not sure you will ever see it. In the post you indicated that memo's was a show stopper for you so I am posting this again in a new thread in hopes that you see it. Dick ... with the new R 5 release of Quicken one of the updates to the converter is that Memos in Money that are longer than 64 characters are copied in full to a NOTE in the Quicken transaction. The memo is still truncated in Quicken memo but if you review the note you see the complete/full Money Memo. I have validated this somewhat in the new R5 release...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

problems installing Sales for Outlook Client after restore
I have had a system up and running for about a month now. I haven't had any problems installing, customising or migrating data. Everything was fine and a realy success story on how to install MS CRM 1.2, even the Sales for Outlook Clients worked. Last weekend some backup and restore activities was carried out on the Microsoft CRM SQL databases (we have a lot of previous SQL-backups too). Now we are not able to install a new Sales for Outlook Client. The installation seems to work fine, and I can access CRM data, but when I syncronise i get the message: Error The specified domain either do...

Having Insert button functionality while editing
Hi, I want to have the functionality of Insert button (on keyboard) in my while application while editing in a cell or a edit box. For eg if i am editing my text say "alpha" and my cursor is between "l" and "p" and I insert an alphabet say "z", i want the "p" should be replaced by "Z" and the text should become "alzha". Please suggest. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun CEdit does not support that by default. Here is a good example of how implement this (Although I think UpdateCaret should just be a method of CXEdi...

Big transaction log file
I moved a SQL 2000 database to SQL 2005, changed some tables and re-indexed them. The Recovery Model is Simple. Data is about 13 gig in size, and the log file is about 16 gig in size. When I do "DBCC SQLPERF(LOGSPACE)" it shows that very little of the transaction log file is being used: Database Name Log Size (MB) Log Space Used (%) Status quotes 15618.68 0.3062864 0 I just did a full backup on the database. Don't the full backup on a Simple database usually truncate the transaction log file ? Shall I truncate the tra...

How do I find where I stopped editing a document?
In Word 2003, I could use Shift F5 when I opened a document to find where I left off editing it the last time I opened it. This doesn't seem to work in Word 2007, at least not consistently. Is there some other menu item or keyboard shortcut I can use, or are there some circumstances under which Shift F5 will work? Unfortunately, it doesn't work in XML (*.docx) documents, only those saved in Word 97-2003 format. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Shortcut Jane" <Shortcut Jane@discus...