Easy return of one item

Hello,
Am I missing something or do I really have to put every item on a receipt on
an invoice to return one item.
Say there is 100 line items on a receipt. How can I easily specify one line?
Thanks,
Brian
0
BrianTMS (18)
12/8/2005 7:38:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Using the "Recall for return" function, you are going to get all items from
the transaction as you have seen.  You can delete items from the return ( if
you have the proper cashier rights ) , but you can't select which item from
the transaction you want before recalling it.

You can just switch a blank transaction into return mode, then add the
single item being returned.  This will not automatically adjust the price to
the price originally paid though...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Brian TMS" <BrianTMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Am I missing something or do I really have to put every item on a receipt
> on
> an invoice to return one item.
> Say there is 100 line items on a receipt. How can I easily specify one
> line?
> Thanks,
> Brian

0
glenn9672 (1267)
12/8/2005 8:20:12 PM
Thanks,
I was hoping your answer wouldn't be the only one. My poor clients who sell
tickets of 50 line items, the delete the ones you don't need doesn't really
work. Or you take the chance of giving back more than they paid.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Using the "Recall for return" function, you are going to get all items from
> the transaction as you have seen.  You can delete items from the return ( if
> you have the proper cashier rights ) , but you can't select which item from
> the transaction you want before recalling it.
>
> You can just switch a blank transaction into return mode, then add the
> single item being returned.  This will not automatically adjust the price to
> the price originally paid though...

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "Brian TMS" <BrianTMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > Am I missing something or do I really have to put every item on a receipt
> > on
> > an invoice to return one item.
> > Say there is 100 line items on a receipt. How can I easily specify one
> > line?
> > Thanks,
> > Brian

0
BrianTMS (18)

Calendar easy to move from computer to computer?
Is there a way besides a Palm pilot to transfer all contacts, and calendar info from work to the home computer as a daily task? The problem is my palm pilot does not carry over certain fields in contacts that transfer from work to home. Is there a web based outlook? In Calendar, the color labeling does not transfer either. Looking for an easy way to have both computers updated in the same way. Thanks! .. ...

5.3.0 NDR Error for only one Sender and Recipient
Hello, I am running Exchange 2003. One mailbox in my domain is giving the following NDR when sending to a recipient in another domain outside our Organization: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: targetuser@targetdomain.com on 11/30/2004 1:56 PM The message cannot be delivered due to a configuration error on the server. Please contact your Administrator. <ourserver.ourdomain.com #5.3.0 smtp;553 5.3.0 <ouruser@ourdomain.com>... OKR> Everyone else in our domain can send to the remote recipient without error. Does anyone have any ideas...

Quickest way to add one more name to a rule?
In OL2003, I have created a rule that if a piece of email arrives from anyone on a certain list of people it automatically gets delivered to a special folder "Work email". Every once in a while, I get an email from someone who ought to be on that lsit, but isn't. So I go into Tools/Rules, find the rule, and manually ad their name to the ever-growing list. IS there an easier way to do this? Is there some way I can just drag their name to the list somewhere? (The closest I've been able to come to a shortcut is when the email is opened, go to Actions/Create Rule, and ...

search and return cell count
I have a list of dates. (certain dates are excluded). I need a formula that would perform like a datedif and lookup formula. Using two cell references, I need to be able to count the number of cells (dates) between the reference points in a formula. Sort of like a lookup formula that finds both values and returns the number of cells in between. ULTIMATELY: search list for value in a1, search list for value in a2, how many cells are in between any suggestions? thanx =SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C100>=A1),--(C1:C100<=A2)) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewher...

credit card trans from one to another
My wife has her own copy of money 2003 on her own computer. She downloads monthly credit card transactions and then goes through each transaction and assigns a category/subcategory. She prints out a monthly transaction report and gives it to me. I then pay it via an online bank and use split transactions to enter the category/subcategory information manually. The transaction then shows up as being a bank rather than credit card transaction in the reports. As an attempt to avoid the manual transfer of information, she exported the transactions to a gif file. I then import them to my money. On...

Automatically selectings items in a list box using a list
I have a form with a button that when the user selects an item from the list box and then clicks the button, an update query runs to update the selected item from the list box. I'm trying to write some code that will allow the user to click a button that using a loop will automatically select each item in the list one at a time and then run the update query for each item. The problem I'm having is writing the code that automatically selects the next item in the list box. For example, right now I have: dim listCounter as integer for listCounter=0 to listbox.listcount()-1 ...

Shortcuts for Bank One and ING Direct reappear
I'm a Money 2004 user (since December). Suddenly (started about a week ago), each time I run an update, Money puts a shortcut for Bank One and a shortcut for ING Direct on my desktop. Have I done something that suggests I want these things? I'm not a customer of either and don't intend to be. Any help would be appreciated. Mike Mike, Thanks for your post. I couldn't figure out where the heck those shortcuts were coming from! Did a keyword search in Money Help for 'ads'. At the bottom of the Help window a link appears 'Removing shopping links from...

easy OnLButtonDblClk() question
Hi, I've created a MFC application. It has the standard window where information is displayed. I have recently copied some code from another applcation someone made for me, so that I have a dockable window that attaches to the main document. The code for this class it as follows: class CMarkerZoom : public CWnd { // Construction public: CMarkerZoom(); // Overrides // ClassWizard generated virtual function overrides file://{{AFX_VIRTUAL(CMarkerZoom) file://}}AFX_VIRTUAL // Implementation public: virtual ~CMarkerZoom(); // Generated message map functions protected: file://{{AFX_...

item picture
Is there a way to get an items picture on a report? I use the item price list report and export it to HTML to get my items on my web page. This works fine, however I would like to include the items picture also but I don't see that as a field to include on the report. Is anyone doing this or know of a way to do this? Thanks, Craig You could add the Item.PictureName field to the report. Search the newsgroup and you should find several recent examples of adding a column to a report. This isn't going to be much help though as this is only going to include the Filename of the ...

rca easy rip
i have installed rca easy rip on my windows xp media center computor. i wanted to remove it, but when i go to remove all programs and try to remoe, it will not remove. any suggestions on how to get this program removed? You would probably find more help and knowledge at the support site for that application, but you might try reinstalling and then uninstalling. The RCA support site mentioned the need to have the RCA player connected to the computer when installing, perhaps it needs to be connected at uninstall. http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1773/kw/uni...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay to one domain
We have two sites. Our sister site is running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. They can send email to any domain BUT ours and we can receive email from any domain BUT theirs. I have verifed that we are not on any blacklist. There error message the sender receives is: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'user@domain.com' on 11/1/2004 8:43 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com Is it something on our end that is not letting them email us or something on their end in DNS?? Any help would be appreciated. Mr. Mike ...

Macro to only run in one column of one worksheet?
Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to add some code to a macro so that it will only run in one particular worksheet of a spreadsheet and, if possible, only if the active cell is in a particular column? Many thanks, V As ALWAYS., pls post YOUR code for comments and suggestions. On Jan 15, 2:18=A0pm, "Victor Delta" <n...@nospam.com> wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to add some code to a macro s= o > that it will only run in one particular worksheet of a spreadsheet and, i= f > possible, only if the active cell is in a particular colum...

How do I print 2 publications on one landscape page?
Hi! This may sound really dumb but Im trying to print the same publication twice on one landscape page but everything I try seems to show on a small section of the publication like its the actual item thats too big? please can someone heeeeelp! What version Publisher? In 2003 or 02, page setup, check landscape, type 5.5 width, 8.5 height. Publisher will say it will print two copies per sheet. In 2007 it is more convoluted. In page setup, click Advanced on the right. On the Layout type, select Multiple pages per sheet. Type, 5.5 width, 8.5 height. In the Target sheet size select custom...

copy item cost to supplier cost field
I have customer that has an item cost in each item, but has no cost in supplier tab. Is there a sql statement that will copy the item cost into the supplier cost field? Thanks for the help Dave here it is ************************** UPDATE Supplierlist set SupplierList.Cost=Item.Cost FROM Item WHERE Item.ID=SupplierList.ItemID --AND Item.SupplierID=SupplierList.SupplierID ************************** if u execute it as it is, it will update the cost for primary suppliers only, if u remove the comment (--) from the last line, it will update the cost for all the item's suppliers (primary &...

Calendar View
All, My sales team currently uses exchange - and would like to become more in tune with each other's availability and what not. Currently, the only way to view another's calendar is to go throught the steps of creating an appointment, selecting members, then viewing which times are available. Is there an add in that will allow you to view calendars without going through the steps above? A quick view sort of thing? Thanks in advance! Chris I have seen something u can do with sharepoint. where you create a sharepoint site. put you vacation time in that. then, in outlook you c...

Mail sent to Global Mailbox being returned
To All: I am using the POP3 connector to retrieve mail from my mail hosts. We have two hosts, with one of them hosting two domains and the other hosting one domain. All of the domains have individual and global mailboxes that I am trying to forward to the users who need to get them (sales@domain1.com, info@domain2.com, design@domain3.com, etc.) If I send mail from Outlook 2003 to any of the User Mailboxes configured in the POP3 connector it works fine. However, when I try to send an e-mail to one of the Global Mailboxes that is routed to one of the AD users, I am receiving the following er...

easy transfer
I want to use easy transfer from my XP to a new PC with Windows 7. Can I just transfer what is on my old PC to a flash drive then just plug the flash drive into the new PC and then start the easy transfer on the new PC and just get the information off of the flash drive? Mike Givens wrote: > I want to use easy transfer from my XP to a new PC with Windows 7. > Can I just transfer what is on my old PC to a flash drive then just plug > the flash drive into the new PC and then start the easy transfer on the > new PC and just get the information off of the fla...

Entire text has paragraph symbols indicaticating hard returns.
Entire report shows on screen with those backwards "P" indicating the symbol for hard returns. How do I get rid of them. I've tried clear formatting, and that doesn't work. Thank you WORD 2007 Hioghlight the symbols that you wish to get rid of and hit the DEL key. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. Press Ctrl+* or Ctrl+Shift+8. For more, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Badlands" &l...

Cannot see one of many shared secondary calendars
I have my Outlook 2007 set up to view several secondary calendars from another person. However, I cannot see one of them, even though I am set up as an Editor on all of them, and "Folder Visible" is checked on all of them. The others show up just fine. All the secondary calendars are "owned" by the same person, and were created in Outlook 2003. Incidentally, I also cannot make the user's primary calendar invisible. Thanks for any suggestions. You have the mailbox in your profile as an additional mailbox? Is the missing calendar a subfolder? Do you ha...

Spreadsheet will not return value of formula
I have a spreadsheet that will not return the value of a formula. It only states the formula. If I have say a column of numbers A1 to A6 and put the formula =sum(Aa1:Aa6) in A7 all that appears in A7 is the typed in formula not the actual sum. If I copy the column of numbers to another sheet in the workbook and put in the same formula I get back the actual sum???? In the offending workbook, check Tools >> Options, View tab, Window options section, uncheck Formulas box. Ed <jmadden35@verizon.net> wrote in message news:1161202257.037450.149520@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... >...

An easy one for you pros !
How to disable the right click of the mouse on an open form and report ? Or for that matter in all of my application. Thank you once again. -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:17826C24-3B6B-4707-81BF-9EA7C9299AB4@microsoft.com... > How to disable the right click of the mouse on an open form and report ? There's a Shortcut Menu property on the Other tab of a form's property sheet in design view. It can be set to No to disable shortcut menus. That may be what you're looking for, for forms. I'm not sure about reports. --...

How to select other form's Treeview item
Examples: I want create new project and two Button. (Button Click: Control other program's Treeview like outlook have Folders. ) When I click button1 Outlook Express folders selected item is 'Inbox'.click button2 selected 'newsgroups.borland.com' ...

Charging 1 or 2 Taxes on items automatically
I have 4 columns, A1-item, B1-tax, C1-tax, D1- Total. Some items are taxable on both, others only on 1, is there a way to automatically charge 1 or 2 taxes on the total. Thank-You B.W. It is easy: set the values in columns B and C as percents. Then D would have something like: =(1+B1+C1)*A1 With this set-up you can remove a column B or C tax just by setting the value to zero. -- Gary's Student "B.W." wrote: > I have 4 columns, A1-item, B1-tax, C1-tax, D1- Total. Some items are taxable > on both, others only on 1, is there a way to automatically charge 1 or 2 &...

Returning different fields based on criteria
I'm reposting this because I put in the wrong forum. I'm looking to write a query to return the amount we should be billing our customers for freight. I have a table in which each record is a package. Each record contains our job number, a normal freight amount, a discounted freight amount and a package weight, along with other stuff. Customers qualify for the discounted rate if the entire shipment is >= 150 pounds. I need to come up with a query that returns the sum of the normal freight amounts if the sum of weights is less than 150 pounds, or it returns the sum of the discount...

Perform Multiple Functions within One Formula
Given the following data I would like to create one formula tha performs two separate functions: Column A Column B 15 $5,000 35 $2,000 20 $10,000 50 $7,000 First, I would like the formula to identify those cells (not th values) within the range of A1:A4 that meet the criteria >22. Second, I would like to take each of those cells separately (not th sum of the cells) and multiply by another cell and the adjacent valu in Column B and then sum these products. As always, I greatly appre...