Easy Questions Here

I'm looking at a customer that wants to replace exisitng POS.  Small retial
business operates out of a mall cart.  Sells custom novelties.

Will POS be a good fit (Of course it would)?
Any HCL to look at I can't seem to find one?
Optionals like Merchant Services other that whats advertised?
Why is this NOT on MSDN downloads (Universal)????
Is RMS COM based or managed code?

I'm mostly interested in integration.  I'm BizTalk ceritfied so I do most of
my work in integration.

OK MVPs these are easy.
--
Michael Krok
President

Michael Krok wrote:
> Is RMS COM based or managed code?
COM based (developed with Visual Basic 6.x and non-ms components (the
grid of pos for example))...
0
amazzeo (368)
6/12/2005 8:11:30 AM
RMS is COM based. POS is 100% .NET.

"Michael Krok" wrote:

> I'm looking at a customer that wants to replace exisitng POS.  Small retial
> business operates out of a mall cart.  Sells custom novelties.
>
> Will POS be a good fit (Of course it would)?
> Any HCL to look at I can't seem to find one?
> Optionals like Merchant Services other that whats advertised?
> Why is this NOT on MSDN downloads (Universal)????
> Is RMS COM based or managed code?
>
> I'm mostly interested in integration.  I'm BizTalk ceritfied so I do most of
> my work in integration.
>
> OK MVPs these are easy.
> --
> Michael Krok
> President
> Mallard Solutions LLC
> Microsoft Certified Partner
0
RonH (9)
6/15/2005 3:24:02 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_64AD02DE

Good morning Michael,

Thank you for posting your RMS questions.

We apologize for any inconvenience that our delayed response may have
caused.  Going forward you can expect this in a timelier manner.

1. Will POS be a good fit (Of course it would)?

I have heard that there are mall carts using RMS.

2. Any HCL to look at I can't seem to find one?

The HCL is available at:
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/retailmanagementsystem/rms_hardwa
re_compatibility.mspx

3. Optionals like Merchant Services other that whats advertised?

TPI software
http://www.TPISoft.com

Mercury Payment Systems
http://www.mercurypay.com/

4. Why is this NOT on MSDN downloads (Universal)????

I do not have any information on this; and you may want to direct this
attention to the individuals who handle the MSDN content.

5. Is RMS COM based or managed code?

As was previously posted RMS is COM based.

Todd Berger
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBLcm9r?= <TheDuck@newsgroup.nospam>
Subject: Easy Questions Here
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:20:01 -0700

I'm looking at a customer that wants to replace exisitng POS.  Small retial
business operates out of a mall cart.  Sells custom novelties.

Will POS be a good fit (Of course it would)?
Any HCL to look at I can't seem to find one?
Optionals like Merchant Services other that whats advertised?
Why is this NOT on MSDN downloads (Universal)????
Is RMS COM based or managed code?

I'm mostly interested in integration.  I'm BizTalk ceritfied so I do most
of
my work in integration.

OK MVPs these are easy.
--
Michael Krok
President
Mallard Solutions LLC
Microsoft Certified Partner

------=_NextPart_0001_64AD02DE

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 Good morning Michael,
\par
\par Thank you for posting your RMS questions.
\par
\par We apologize for any inconvenience that our delayed response may have caused.  Going forward you can expect this in a timelier manner.
\par
\par 1. Will POS be a good fit (Of course it would)?
\par
\par I have heard that there are mall carts using RMS.
\par
\par 2. Any HCL to look at I can't seem to find one?
\par
\par The HCL is available at:
\par http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/retailmanagementsystem/rms_hardware_compatibility.mspx
\par
\par 3. Optionals like Merchant Services other that whats advertised?
\par
\par TPI software
\par http://www.TPISoft.com
\par
\par Mercury Payment Systems
\par http://www.mercurypay.com/
\par
\par 4. Why is this NOT on MSDN downloads (Universal)????
\par
\par I do not have any information on this; and you may want to direct this attention to the individuals who handle the MSDN content.
\par
\par 5. Is RMS COM based or managed code?
\par
\par As was previously posted RMS is COM based.
\par
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBLcm9r?= <TheDuck@newsgroup.nospam>
\par Subject: Easy Questions Here
\par Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:20:01 -0700
\par
\par I'm looking at a customer that wants to replace exisitng POS.  Small retial
\par business operates out of a mall cart.  Sells custom novelties.
\par
\par Will POS be a good fit (Of course it would)?
\par Any HCL to look at I can't seem to find one?
\par Optionals like Merchant Services other that whats advertised?
\par Why is this NOT on MSDN downloads (Universal)????
\par Is RMS COM based or managed code?
\par
\par I'm mostly interested in integration.  I'm BizTalk ceritfied so I do most of
\par my work in integration.
\par
\par OK MVPs these are easy.
\par --
\par Michael Krok
\par President
\par Mallard Solutions LLC
\par Microsoft Certified Partner
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_64AD02DE--

0
tberger (219)

easy way to delete all rows with no text in them?
I just took on a client who sends me a multipage spreadsheet weekly with movie times for his 10 theatres. My guess is he just deletes the information from the previous weeks row and adds a new row. His sheet really only needs about 16 columns and maybe 20 rows. The sheets he sends have upwards of 1500 rows and columns. Many of the rows are in between the actual text rows as well. I convert this to a webpage and post to his site. Problem is the sheets are so large they take forever to clean up (in GoLive) and much too long to do by hand. Is there an easy way to delete all rows with no text in...

Question about Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime
What is Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime? Is it part of any of these .NET Framework applications: 2.0 SP2; 3.0 SP2; and 3.5 SP1 ? Thank you "Holmes" <Holmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58D9B5CA-8C2A-4541-8B9D-17811F4B58CA@microsoft.com... > What is Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime? > Is it part of any of these .NET Framework applications: 2.0 SP2; 3.0 SP2; > and 3.5 SP1 ? > > Thank you Google is your friend; don't be afraid to use it: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=What+is+Microsoft+WSE+3.0+Runtime&a...

Crosstab query question 01-07-10
I have a question about using crosstab query of course maybe there is another way and any help would be great appreciated. The problem is that the crosstab query is that it uses some type of function(sum, first, min) etc. I need it to just show all the data. An example would be: Instrument Date Result Machine1 12/01/2009 20.1 Machine1 12/01/2009 22.5 Machine1 12/02/2009 23 Machine2 12/01/2009 25 Machine2 12/02/2009 ...

Macro Output Question
Hello, I was given some excellent help on the forum, and thanks to all. Need help with one more thing to finish. I was given the below macro to be able to enter a number in one cell and the output cell would continuously add up the sum. I need to take the output sum and subtract it from another cell, but I keep getting an error. What do I need to do to make this happen. Thanks JR Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(.Cells, Range("C2:C15")) Then I...

few basic (I hope) questions from a noob
Hi, It's been a few days since I began using MS VS.NET. I am trying to do a simple steganography project using MFC. I've got a few questions, I don't know answer to.. 1. I have a CEdit control, where I would like to display text loaded from a file. I've set multiline option on, the same with vertical scroll. I am using CString variable to load the text to it. Character after a character i am reading the file and appending it to the CString variable. But the text in CEdit doesn't seem to look even familiar to the text in file. Well, the text is the same, but there are ...

newbie persistence question
I have a small dialog app that I'm unable to get data I'm pulling from files to persist when passed to a container in another class. The data retrieval is done from within the dialog class when a control button is pushed. So, here's the example: MyDlg.h #inlude "OtherClass.h" MyDlg.cpp void MyDlg::OnFileScan() { //... iterate through files and get data CString and integer OtherClass a; //is this the problem here? new instance everytime? a.ProcessData(word, number); } ///// OtherClass.h map<string, int> myMap; OtherClass.cpp void OtherClass::ProcessData(...

defrag question
Hi, -Exchange 2003 server I need to run edbutil to defrag my database offline and run integ to check the integrity. is it possible for me to move the database file to another server and run edbutil? the reason i need to do this is my hardware is unstable. i have another test exchange 2003 server which is a stable hardware. i want to do offline defrag first, bring it back to the original server, move all the log files, then run integrity check on it so i can move mailboxes to my new exchange server which is a stable hardware. thanks tony http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244525 On Fri, 2...

Mailbox Manager Question
Dear all, Does anyone know how to set Recipient policy to just effect certain selected users. I try to set up a policy to delete inbox of certain personnel on a periodic basic but what I get is the policy applies to all mailbox. I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server, all with latest patches. Please help. Thanks. Regards, Kueh. Hi Kueh, You can do this by setting a common value for an attribute on each of these users (in ADUC). You could use Extension Attribute1/Custom Attribute 1, and the value might be mailboxManager. Then when creating your mailbox manager policy,...

Pivot Table Question
Hi I run Win2K with Excel 2K I have a pivot table with a number of headings. Whenever I refresh the table the columns always adjust to autofit the headings. I would like to know is there any way that you can fix the column widths on a pivot table so that when you refresh the data they do not go back to the original with. Thanks, any help is much appreciated John Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and choose Table Options Ensure that Preserve Formatting is turned on, and AutoFormat is turned off. Click OK John Calder wrote: > I run Win2K with Excel 2K > > I have a pivot ...

IFS File Type Question
We have Exchange Server 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. Originally, the Information Store was located on the C: drive. We then installed a sepearate drive to house the Information Store and the log files are still written to the C: drive. In the c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA directory, there are several files that are 256K each dating back to 11/2003 with a file extension of .IFS. There are also several of these files dating back to 4/2004 in the L:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\Employee Mailboxes folder on the L: drive where our information store is located. Can...

Question #5
"How to customize the menus by an individual user ?" My teacher ask me this question today. i wish that excel really had the USER feature, or is he meaning user accounts in windows 2000/xp. thanks for helping. If you want to know how you can customize an Excel menu here are some places to look. Toolbars, Custom Buttons and Menus http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm Custom Menus in Excel 97 , Tip 53 "Menu Maker", John Walkenbach. http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip53.htm As far as whether it is an Excel question or a Windows question goes, I...

Question for the MVP's
For the Dynamics MVP's who hang out here, it looks like Convergence and the MVP summit overlap this year. Are you going to one or the other and why? Mark (dynamicaccounting.net) ...

Pivot Table Question #7
Hello. I'm using Excel 2000. I've created some pivot tables for reporting purposes. I intend to use them to replace old fashioned charts and tables that are manually keyed summary data. I need to keep the transition to the new spreadsheet as unobtrustive as possible for my less technical users, so that they have the same charts that they're used to. The problem with that is, I need to create seven charts. I want to use the same pivot table (which pulls data from Access) for each chart, but I want each chart to have different categories, page fields, series, etc. ...

Stock control question
Although I have used Excel for years I have never had the need to use a complicated formula. I am trying to set up a stock control spreadsheet where multiple items are deducted when I click on one cell. What I am trying to do is each time I click on cell A3 "Item" all the amounts in C will be deducted from D and the difference between B and D will show in E A B C D E 1 Normal Amount In stock To be 2 Stock level...

Visual Basic Question
I have the following formula that I use in visual basic to update a pivot table from a pivot table. I want to alter the formula to update a pivot table from a set of data (that was brought in from a query to excel). How do I alter my formula below? Sheets("Commissions").Select ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard SourceType:=xlPivotTable, SourceData:= _ "[Munge_Report.xls]Data!Query" Posted to Programming to get a faster reply. "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1132600147.868091.262230@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I ha...

Serialization Question #3
MFC provides CArchive in support of serialization. We can save and open an object in a persistent way. Here is my furthur question: How to derive a class from CArchive and let it remember the current caret position and clipboard objects such that we get the same environment when we open the object next time. You don't derive from CArchive for this. You would derive a different class, such as CSmartEdit, from a CEdit, that would serialize the edit control and also the GetPos() values. That has nothing to do with CArchive. And it would be a Really Bad Idea to modify the clipboard withou...

OWA question #11
I currently have OWA installed on a second server, but this machine is no-where near as capable as my actual exchange server. IE it uses SATA drives. My MOM server is constantly giving me disk read/write faults on this, and I was basically wondering if it would be better to run OWA off my regular Exchange server. Both are behind the firewall so it's only a matter of forwarding port 443 to a different IP address on my network. Or is it possible to install only OWA. I'm running exchange 2k3 sp2 on windows server 2k3. My only concern about using only one exchange server is that it ...

SMTP incoming filter question
Hi there, Ex2003SP1 FE & BE both runnin on W2K3 server. For all users, they can only access EX2003 via 2 methods: OL2003 caching mode, or OWA2003. Assume my email domain is domain.com In such case, at smtp connector, can I block all incoming smtp emails with sender *@domain.com ? My idea is, since all internal users can only use OL2003 or OWA2003, all emails already handled internally, no need to route thru smtp connector. So at smtp connector if received emails claiming themselves from domain.com it must be spoofed & should be filtered. Is my concept correct or wrong? Than...

Exchange Calendar Update Tool Question
When running the exchange data update tool, do participants of updated calendar items have to manually accept each updated meeting again or is there a way to bypass this like with using just the Outlook tool? I thought the Exchange update tool is supposed to just be a way to run the Outlook tool in a batch form from the server. The Outlook tool is supposed to give you the option to update attendees or not, but I haven't seen this mentioned in documentation for the Exchange. - The Exchange Calendar Update Tool calls the Outlook Calendar Update Tool TzMove.exe (or as MS calls it, &q...

Easy File Transfer
Is there a program, preferably free, that will unwrap the MIG file created by Easy File Transfer (used from Vista to 7)? Thanks in advance teabag What do you meant by "unwrap"? This file is handled by Vista and WIndows7 to firs tcreate a compressed image of all settings, then restore them to a new machine - between Vista & Vista or Vista<-->Windows7 Unwrap as in 'take the cover off' - compare with Zipped files that can be unwrapped with WinZip and Cab files that can be unwrapped with WinRAR. I am sure you know Easy File Transfer does not g...

Label Question
I have a report that is grouped by lawsuit type. Example Civil, Class Action. In the lawsuit_type footer I have a count that counts each group. The current label is Lawsuit Type Count. Is there a way so myb label can say Civil Count and then for the section with Class Action say Class Action count? I am not sure of the syntax. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Change the label to a text box and set the control source to something like: =[LawsuitType] & " Count" -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "scott04" wrote: > I have a report that is groupe...

help question so basic I can not find answer
When I type in 16 or more numbers in a cell it always turns the last one to a 0 and even when I pick the format number it still changes the last number into a o. How can I make excell leave the digital number I type in? -- ed101 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ed101's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390072 Excel only keeps track of 16 digits. So you can either preformat the cell as text or enter your data as text (start with an a...

excel vba 97
i have a drop-down list set up in cell C19 where a user can choose fro product code #'s ranging from "1-0001" onward. I would like to set u a code that will enable the user to: 1.pull down drop list and select a code # (this i have) 2.once that # is selected, the corresponding product description wil be placed in E19. 3.further more, the corresponding # or description will then b recognized and will automatically input the corresponding Price ($) i I19. It is in hopes of saving the user time from having to type in th product, then the price etc. Just a note, i have validated ...

question....Can a query retrieve data from a streaming java table?
I have been told it cant but would like to make sure by asking a few more technically minded people.............. If it can would someone like to let me know how to go about capturing some data? thanks ....... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Outlook 2003 anti-spam... A couple of questions
Hi, I've had something of a hunt around for answers concerning the Junk Email capability in OL 2003 but I've been unable to come up with anything specific and would be grateful for some help. 1. It's v difficult to see exactly what the Junk Email filter is doing at High/Low. I've downloaded the Nov 2004 MS Junk Email filter... OL still fails to catch any emails based on dodgy subjects / content. The help files that I've read seem to emphasise (understatement) the use of Safe Recipients and appear to discount the use of the filter.... Has anybody had any success ...