Duplicate Receipt /Print to Printer #2

I'm having a problem re-printing transactions already in the system to
receipt printer 2. I want to re-print them on a full sheet of paper with a
new template we installed (full page invoice). The only thing that will print
is our standard (small receipt/sales receipt) on the large paper. Any ideas
on how to get the new template to print?

Thanks!
--
Ann
shopannabelles.com

Ann,

Do you have the second printer set to Journal receipts?

SO Manager | Database | Registers | Register list | Properties of the
register in question | Receipt printer 2 tab | check the Journal receipts
for this printer | Restart the POS program

--
=

"shopannabelles" <shopannabelles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem re-printing transactions already in the system to
> receipt printer 2. I want to re-print them on a full sheet of paper with a
> new template we installed (full page invoice). The only thing that will
> print
> is our standard (small receipt/sales receipt) on the large paper. Any
> ideas
> on how to get the new template to print?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Ann
> shopannabelles.com

0
spam3944 (2163)
1/4/2006 11:48:06 AM
I am having the same Type of issue.  I have two different receipt formats,
and I can only seem to get one to print (the custom).  I have both of them
set up to journal, and I have allowed for sharing the printer.  Is there
anything else I should look at?
--
Thank You,;
Vince

"Jeff" wrote:

> Ann,
>
> Do you have the second printer set to Journal receipts?
>
> SO Manager | Database | Registers | Register list | Properties of the
> register in question | Receipt printer 2 tab | check the Journal receipts
> for this printer | Restart the POS program
>
> --
> =
>
> "shopannabelles" <shopannabelles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having a problem re-printing transactions already in the system to
> > receipt printer 2. I want to re-print them on a full sheet of paper with a
> > new template we installed (full page invoice). The only thing that will
> > print
> > is our standard (small receipt/sales receipt) on the large paper. Any
> > ideas
> > on how to get the new template to print?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > Ann
> > shopannabelles.com

0
Vince (257)
1/4/2006 1:05:02 PM
Transactions that are already in your system cannot be reprinted using a
different template, these receipts are saved as a compressed image file in
the database and will always come out as a they are saved.
If you have created a new full page receipt format and assinged that to
receipt printer 2 and checked Journal receipt any new transactions will be
saved in your database as a 40 column and a Full page receipt.

Rob

"shopannabelles" wrote:

> I'm having a problem re-printing transactions already in the system to
> receipt printer 2. I want to re-print them on a full sheet of paper with a
> new template we installed (full page invoice). The only thing that will print
> is our standard (small receipt/sales receipt) on the large paper. Any ideas
> on how to get the new template to print?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Ann
> shopannabelles.com
0
rob242 (534)
1/4/2006 5:19:02 PM
Thanks Rob. Most helpful. That is exactly what has happened. Glad to hear
that going forward we will be able to print both templates.

Many Thanks.

Ann
--
Ann
shopannabelles.com

"Rob" wrote:

> Transactions that are already in your system cannot be reprinted using a
> different template, these receipts are saved as a compressed image file in
> the database and will always come out as a they are saved.
> If you have created a new full page receipt format and assinged that to
> receipt printer 2 and checked Journal receipt any new transactions will be
> saved in your database as a 40 column and a Full page receipt.
>
> Rob
>
> "shopannabelles" wrote:
>
> > I'm having a problem re-printing transactions already in the system to
> > receipt printer 2. I want to re-print them on a full sheet of paper with a
> > new template we installed (full page invoice). The only thing that will print
> > is our standard (small receipt/sales receipt) on the large paper. Any ideas
> > on how to get the new template to print?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > Ann
> > shopannabelles.com
So why is what I am trying to do NOT Working?  I have two different
templates, and both are assigned...I don't need any priors to work, I just
want the receipts to journal from this point on.  I have set everything up as
far as I know how.  Can anyone out there help?
--
Thank You,;
Vince

"Rob" wrote:

> Transactions that are already in your system cannot be reprinted using a
> different template, these receipts are saved as a compressed image file in
> the database and will always come out as a they are saved.
> If you have created a new full page receipt format and assinged that to
> receipt printer 2 and checked Journal receipt any new transactions will be
> saved in your database as a 40 column and a Full page receipt.
>
> Rob
>
> "shopannabelles" wrote:
>
> > I'm having a problem re-printing transactions already in the system to
> > receipt printer 2. I want to re-print them on a full sheet of paper with a
> > new template we installed (full page invoice). The only thing that will print
> > is our standard (small receipt/sales receipt) on the large paper. Any ideas
> > on how to get the new template to print?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > Ann
> > shopannabelles.com
0
nagarra (173)
1/5/2006 1:10:02 AM
Vince,

When you look at the Journal, do you see two copies of the receipt?

As a test, create a blank receipt and print it.  Press F4 Journal and the
first receipt you see should be this blank receipt, printed in the format
you have setup for Receipt printer 2.  Hit page up, that should be the same
receipt, except in the format you have setup for Receipt printer 1.

If anything else, you are not setup right.  Tell us what you see.
--
*

"Rob" wrote:

> Transactions that are already in your system cannot be reprinted using a
> different template, these receipts are saved as a compressed image file in
> the database and will always come out as a they are saved.
> If you have created a new full page receipt format and assinged that to
> receipt printer 2 and checked Journal receipt any new transactions will be
> saved in your database as a 40 column and a Full page receipt.
>
> Rob
>
> "shopannabelles" wrote:
>
> > I'm having a problem re-printing transactions already in the system to
> > receipt printer 2. I want to re-print them on a full sheet of paper with
> > new template we installed (full page invoice). The only thing that will
> > print
> > is our standard (small receipt/sales receipt) on the large paper. Any
> > ideas
> > on how to get the new template to print?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > Ann
> > shopannabelles.com

0
spam3944 (2163)
1/5/2006 3:36:01 AM
After checking if they Journaled...F4 I only see one that has actually
journaled, and that is the reciept in printer #2.  If I click F4 and do
Lookup, you can actually find both transactions though, and print the reciept
this way???
--
Thank You,;
Vince

"Jeff" wrote:

> Vince,
>
> When you look at the Journal, do you see two copies of the receipt?
>
> As a test, create a blank receipt and print it.  Press F4 Journal and the
> first receipt you see should be this blank receipt, printed in the format
> you have setup for Receipt printer 2.  Hit page up, that should be the same
> receipt, except in the format you have setup for Receipt printer 1.
>
> If anything else, you are not setup right.  Tell us what you see.
> --
> *
> "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> So why is what I am trying to do NOT Working?  I have two different
> templates, and both are assigned...I don't need any priors to work, I just
> want the receipts to journal from this point on.  I have set everything up
> as
> far as I know how.  Can anyone out there help?
> --
> Thank You,;
> Vince
>

> "Rob" wrote:
>
> > Transactions that are already in your system cannot be reprinted using a
> > different template, these receipts are saved as a compressed image file in
> > the database and will always come out as a they are saved.
> > If you have created a new full page receipt format and assinged that to
> > receipt printer 2 and checked Journal receipt any new transactions will be
> > saved in your database as a 40 column and a Full page receipt.
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > "shopannabelles" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm having a problem re-printing transactions already in the system to
> > > receipt printer 2. I want to re-print them on a full sheet of paper with
> > > new template we installed (full page invoice). The only thing that will
> > > print
> > > is our standard (small receipt/sales receipt) on the large paper. Any
> > > ideas
> > > on how to get the new template to print?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > --
> > > Ann
> > > shopannabelles.com

0
nagarra (173)
1/5/2006 11:10:02 PM
Vince,

OK, you win the stumper of the week!!

You may need to do some database maintenance.

Go into SO Administrator | File | Connect | put in your password.

Do a backup first.  Database | Backup | give it a name and put it somewhere
were you know where it is, like the "My Documents" folder.

Then Database | Reindex

If that completes, Database | Check

If both complete without errors, go back into POS and create a blank receipt
again and then F4 and see if you see the same thing.

--
*

"Jeff" wrote:

> Vince,
>
> When you look at the Journal, do you see two copies of the receipt?
>
> As a test, create a blank receipt and print it.  Press F4 Journal and the
> first receipt you see should be this blank receipt, printed in the format
> you have setup for Receipt printer 2.  Hit page up, that should be the
> same
> receipt, except in the format you have setup for Receipt printer 1.
>
> If anything else, you are not setup right.  Tell us what you see.
> --
> *
> "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> So why is what I am trying to do NOT Working?  I have two different
> templates, and both are assigned...I don't need any priors to work, I just
> want the receipts to journal from this point on.  I have set everything up
> as
> far as I know how.  Can anyone out there help?
> --
> Thank You,;
> Vince
>

> "Rob" wrote:
>
> > Transactions that are already in your system cannot be reprinted using a
> > different template, these receipts are saved as a compressed image file
> > in
> > the database and will always come out as a they are saved.
> > If you have created a new full page receipt format and assinged that to
> > receipt printer 2 and checked Journal receipt any new transactions will
> > be
> > saved in your database as a 40 column and a Full page receipt.
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > "shopannabelles" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm having a problem re-printing transactions already in the system to
> > > receipt printer 2. I want to re-print them on a full sheet of paper
> > > with
> > > new template we installed (full page invoice). The only thing that
> > > will
> > > print
> > > is our standard (small receipt/sales receipt) on the large paper. Any
> > > ideas
> > > on how to get the new template to print?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > --
> > > Ann
> > > shopannabelles.com

0
spam3944 (2163)
1/6/2006 4:26:33 AM
Vince,

If you press F4 then Page Up on your keyboard do you see the other receipt?

Rob

"Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> After checking if they Journaled...F4 I only see one that has actually
> journaled, and that is the reciept in printer #2.  If I click F4 and do
> Lookup, you can actually find both transactions though, and print the
> reciept
> this way???
> --
> Thank You,;
> Vince
>

> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> Vince,
>>
>> When you look at the Journal, do you see two copies of the receipt?
>>
>> As a test, create a blank receipt and print it.  Press F4 Journal and the
>> first receipt you see should be this blank receipt, printed in the format
>> you have setup for Receipt printer 2.  Hit page up, that should be the
>> same
>> receipt, except in the format you have setup for Receipt printer 1.
>>
>> If anything else, you are not setup right.  Tell us what you see.
>> --
>> *
>> "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
>> So why is what I am trying to do NOT Working?  I have two different
>> templates, and both are assigned...I don't need any priors to work, I
>> just
>> want the receipts to journal from this point on.  I have set everything
>> up
>> as
>> far as I know how.  Can anyone out there help?
>> --
>> Thank You,;
>> Vince
>>

>> "Rob" wrote:
>>
>> > Transactions that are already in your system cannot be reprinted using
>> > different template, these receipts are saved as a compressed image file
>> > in
>> > the database and will always come out as a they are saved.
>> > If you have created a new full page receipt format and assinged that to
>> > receipt printer 2 and checked Journal receipt any new transactions will
>> > be
>> > saved in your database as a 40 column and a Full page receipt.
>> >
>> > Rob

0
rob242 (534)

Duplicates

cannot print calendar
When I select 'file-print-page set-up' nothing happens. When I select file-print-preview-page setup, I get an error message ' cannot display dialog box'. Help - I want to print from selections available. I use Outlook calendar at work and I know that there are selections available. Does anyone know a fix for this problem? Thanks, I appreciate any help. Similar problem on migrating from OL03 (DELL Dimension D505, W2000 Server) to OL07 (DELL Latitude E6500, W7). Daily & Tri-Fold views won't (or would not) Preview or Print in OL07 for my HP1200, but W...

All + Everyone #2
Is there a simple way to send a message to everyone in my organization that has a mailbox? Thanks, Fred "Fred Stocker" <ftschirgi@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a simple way to send a message to everyone in my organization that >has a mailbox? What release of Exchange? You can use a "Query Based Distribution List" with Exchange 2003. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm E2K3. I tried that but it didn't work. Thought maybe there was something I was missing. I'll try again. Fr...

Outlook 2002 Read Receipts Tracking issue
We have a tracking problem that I am unable to resolve. We have a user that needs to keep track of users that read training related email. She sends out to a server based distribution list of around 90 people and requests read receipts. When you go into the sent items and look at the tracking tab, it only shows the group distribution list name and no other information, not even a time stamp. I believe she even redirects the read receipts into a separate folder for easier tracking. It was working where all the users were listed and showed the time stamp of when it was read, but no more. W...

Entourage Print Font Size
Hi there, I have seen this issue in this group for the past few years, but all of the resolutions have failed to solve the problem on my machine. Issue: When printing an email in Entourage, the print font size is around 20 pt; i'd like to make it smaller. Changing the Preferences / Fonts / Printed Items does no good; it changes nothing. I have rebooted after each attempt. Situation: I have a new MacBook (about 4 weeks old) using OS 10.5.5 and Mac Office 2008. Printing issues occurs with every printer i have used. (e.g. Dell Color Laser, HP Color Laser, HP Office Jet). It occurs over the...

Publisher and tables #2
I am making a booklet. I am putting info in as a table and I need to know if there is a way to get my table to automatically continue on to the next page. No, Publisher hasn't this function. Word does... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kimmy" <Kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DECEF3A8-23C9-41A6-8854-325677ECA48D@microsoft.com... >I am making a booklet. I am putting info in as a table and I need to know if > there is a way to get my table to automatically continue on ...

Receiving duplicate emails

Unmatched Purchase Receipts
We are having issues with GP10 (V10.00.1424) holding purchase receipts that have not been matched to invoices. Here is a quick narative of what is taking place: We receive the item into GP GP assigns a receipt number to the item We receive an invoice from the vendor We intend to enter and match the invoice, but the receipt is not available We are not sure what is triggering this event, and we thus, we do not know how to fix it. I am sure we are not the first to experience this problem! Thank you for your time, BW What do you mean by 'unavailable'? Is the rece...

Exchange Routing #2
Hi There, I am running EX2K3 with SP2, with 3 bridgehead servers, in Sydney, Manchester, and Melbourne. My Exchange servers that are located in the UK, use 3 RGC's with 3 different costings in the following order Manchester bridgehead (20), Sydney Bridgehead(30), Melbourne Bridgehead (40). For some reason my Exchange server continues to use my Sydney bridgehead server through the second RGC, and not my default Manchester RGC which has a lower cost. However, if I delete the Sydney RGC it works via Manchester, or if I make Sydney RGC more expensive than Melbourne RGC it will also use...

Missing Mail #2
We have just downloaded our email and read 1 message then returned to outlook to find all mail in our inbox gone along with our contacts and personal folders. Is there a virus out there that might have caused this? Is there anyway we can get the information back? Natalie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have just downloaded our email and read 1 message then > returned to outlook to find all mail in our inbox gone > along with our contacts and personal folders. > > Is there a virus out there that might have caused this? > > Is there anyway we ca...

Printing issues #3
I am trying to print a postcard (designed in publisher) using Avery #5389 postcard stock. I can't get the margins right so that both postcards are centered and don't overlap. Are you using a template? Are you saying your printer is not lining up correctly? Print to plain paper and adjust accordingly. Your roller may not be feeding quite right. If you are using a template there will be one card on your screen. Are you setting up the cards manually? This is the measurements you should be using in Arrange, layout guides, if you are doing the cards manually. Left and Right margi...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

Bug in DRP with monthly payments?? #2
I have an annoying problem with the debt reduction planner that has been around for at least a few versions. I am currently using v2006. If I go into the debt reduction planner, then select base my plan on: what I want to pay each month and enter anything other than the minimum required payment, I get some crazy results for the payment schedule chart. For example, it tells me I need at least $2500 for debt payments. If I put that amount in something larger, say $3000, then for the first month it applies $20,000 to debt and the next month like $10,000. Where does it come up with the...

Printing #23
I have just discovered that when i try to change the print orientation form portrait to landscape it is greyed out. Can anyone tell me how to chnage this please? The OS is win98 on a stand alone pc using excel 97 John John Does your Printer support Landscape orientation? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:46:16 -0800, "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have just discovered that when i try to change the print >orientation form portrait to landscape it is greyed out. > >Can anyone tell me how to chnage this please? >The O...

Print Worksheet Contents
is there a way to print the contents of a worksheet? Say I change the prices of 20 items and I want to print new shelf labels. Or I want to notify my remote stores of those price changes. After your worksheet has issued (and maybe before) - you can open it, go to Contents tab> right Click> Copy As Table> OK (on copied to clipboard)> Open Excel or similar> Paste. Unfortunately - there is not an import function on the label wizard. You can however filter the wizard for the Last Updated date. -- Jocelyn "Amy" wrote: > is there a way to print the content...

envelopes in word 2002 print crosswise
All of a sudden, the envelope option in word 2002 will not work properly. No matter how I configure the envelope insertion screen, the printing comes out crosswise on the envleope. I have tried all the combinations and the problem persists. I uninstalled/reinstalled word, to no avail. This all started a couple of months ago. My word is part of Works Suite 2006. There have been no new programs added to my computer (winxp pro; sp3), virus detections, etc. Only microsoft security updates. My printer, brother hl-5040 checks out fine with brother tech support. Any ideas? T...

Printing postcards from publisher 2007
I have given up on duplexing my postcards with mail merge. I made two separate publications and printed the addresses on one side of the cards. Got that to work. Now I'm trying to print the four pages to the one sheet 8 1/2 x 11. It now prints all four copies, minimized into the upper left 1/4 of the paper. How do I get the program to print my postcards full size? Look at my answer in your earlier post. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Judy Gross" <JudyGross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A6D1429-44B0-47A8-ABEB-0C84C2F749F4@microsoft....

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...