DotNet plug-in

Hi there,
Does anyone have experience in developing
add-ins for the Store Op and wanna to share their
experience ?

I have coded a simple add-in under VS.net and
as when I go the Store Manager's Addin menu
to select the addin, the system complains that
no application was found.

any insights will be appreciated

thank you,
-Chris

0
dont5853 (24)
12/9/2004 6:19:19 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:19:19 -0800, "Chris" <dont@have.one> wrote:

>I have coded a simple add-in under VS.net and
>as when I go the Store Manager's Addin menu
>to select the addin, the system complains that
>no application was found.
The Add-In for Manager is into Add-Ins directory of installation
path.. I wrote two add-ins in C# and I have no problem

bye
antonio
0
amazzeo (368)
12/10/2004 7:01:43 AM
"Antonio Mazzeo" <amazzeo@email.it> wrote in message
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:19:19 -0800, "Chris" <dont@have.one> wrote:
>
>>I have coded a simple add-in under VS.net and
>>as when I go the Store Manager's Addin menu
>>to select the addin, the system complains that
>>no application was found.
> The Add-In for Manager is into Add-Ins directory of installation
> path.. I wrote two add-ins in C# and I have no problem

I have tried to wirte an add-in in VB.net, compile it fine,
got the result dll and put it in the add-in dorectory,
then when I try to invoke it thru custom button
it cries that object can't not be created.

if you dont mind, what is the setting in you Visual studio .net ?
or how are your setups ?

thank you
-Chris

0
dont5853 (24)
12/11/2004 10:45:41 PM
Chris,

Only EXE's go into Add-Ins.

If it's a DLL you have to register it first.  Use regasm, which should be
somewhere in the VB files.  In runs the same as regsvr excepts it's
specially designed for .NET stuff.  Then it should work.

Good luck,
Matt

"Chris" <dont@have.one> wrote in message

> "Antonio Mazzeo" <amazzeo@email.it> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:19:19 -0800, "Chris" <dont@have.one> wrote:
> >
> >>I have coded a simple add-in under VS.net and
> >>as when I go the Store Manager's Addin menu
> >>to select the addin, the system complains that
> >>no application was found.
> > The Add-In for Manager is into Add-Ins directory of installation
> > path.. I wrote two add-ins in C# and I have no problem
>
> I have tried to wirte an add-in in VB.net, compile it fine,
> got the result dll and put it in the add-in dorectory,
> then when I try to invoke it thru custom button
> it cries that object can't not be created.
>
> if you dont mind, what is the setting in you Visual studio .net ?
> or how are your setups ?
>
> thank you
> -Chris

0
mrocha (144)

DotNet plug-in
Hi there, Does anyone have experience in developing add-ins for the Store Op and wanna to share their experience ? I have coded a simple add-in under VS.net and as when I go the Store Manager's Addin menu to select the addin, the system complains that no application was found. any insights will be appreciated thank you, -Chris On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:19:19 -0800, "Chris" <dont@have.one> wrote: >I have coded a simple add-in under VS.net and >as when I go the Store Manager's Addin menu >to select the addin, the system complains that >no application was f...

using excel from dotnet
situation: I'm working on a new app in vbexpress 2008 using acad com interop Also need to write extracted data to excel. problem: At home(laptop) i have excel 10. At the office excel 12. (both seem to have excel5 listed in refs.) I need to work at both locations. can i reference both 10 and 12 in the same vbproj (i think not) can i just reference 5 and is that just an older version with common (but not the latest) interface? i guess i can just have 2 vbproj files (one on laptop one at work) and just copy the .vb class files that are being edited back and forth, not cop...

xml and dotnet
I have a following xml, i am new to dotnet. can anyone tell me how to get the attribute date_time from the response_header node using C# XMl is as follows <response_info_main xmlns="http://tempuri.org/Response.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="Response.xsd"> <response_header date_time="11/17/2004 18:33:33" number_of_accounts="3" /> <account_list> /*cust is signing up for 2 new els and 1 with a virtual number too*/ <account account_id="123123" statu...

Salon IRC pour la communaut� des utilisateurs et d�veloppeurs dotNET
Salon IRC pour la communaut� des utilisateurs et d�veloppeurs dotNET Bonjour � tous, Un nouveau salon IRC pour la communaut� des utilisateurs et d�veloppeurs dotNET a �t� cr�� et enregistr� ce jour. Pour y acc�der, utilisez un client IRC tel que mIRC ou autre, connectez vous au serveur irc.voila.fr, et rejoingnez le salon #dotNet. Serveur : irc.voila.fr Channel : #dotNet Des HELPERS sont rechercher pour participer activement � la vie de ce salon IRC, avec � la clef des droits op�rateur sur le salon pour toutes les bonnes volont�s. Bonne journ�e et esp�rant vous voir rapidement sur le salo...

plug my Vista laptop into overhead screen. Setting on powerpoin
What is setting on PP that allows me to plug into a large screen in an auditorium? There is no setting in PowerPoint needed if you just want the presentation on the screen, that would be a function of your laptop. Usually, there is a key (or combination) to send the video out the external VGA connector; look for a symbol on the function keys (or above) that says VGA or has a symbol that sort of looks like a monitor (kind of like this: |[_]| ). If all else fails, consult the manual. There are some setting in PP to allow you to use the laptop with a multiscreen for a presenter...

dotNet XSLT Transformation
I'm running into an issue that I need some help with. It seems that the IE6 XSLT Transformations work slightly differently than when transformation is done using XslCompiledTransform. Lets say I have an XML document formatted as follows <systems> <system> <administrator>John Doe</administrator> </system> </systems> And xslt as follows: <xsl:template match="/"> <h1>Hello World</h1> <xsl:apply-templates select="/systems/system"> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="/systems/sy...

FREE .NET EBOOKS , DOTNET TUTORIALS, CODE SNIPPETS
Visit this site u will find good .Net ebooks, .Net source code, .net tutorials and lots more for vb.net, c#.net, asp.net and other dotnet stuff. URL: www.DotNetGuide.net ...

activex with dotnet code
I'm not sure I'm in the right ng but couldn't find a better one... I want to build some activex with dotnet code. Is that possible with the interoperability mechanism that is supported in win32 native and dote net code? Regards Marom On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 07:27:06 +0200, "Marom" <marom@rans.com> wrote: >I want to build some activex with dotnet code. Is that possible with the >interoperability mechanism that is supported in win32 native and dote net >code? I think it is possible. The key here is ClassInterface attribute (you can choose ClassInterfaceTy...

API list on dotnet.
On VB-6 there was a file that has a list of all Windows' API functions (+ types), called API viewer (something like that). It was pretty nice, indeed, including abilities to copy + paste the whole function declaration to VB. but I didn't see it at all on VB.NET. Does someone know - where can I find such a file for VB.NET (or C#, whatever ....) Thanks :) Am 28.06.2010 19:23, schrieb Mr. X.: > On VB-6 there was a file that has a list of all Windows' API functions (+ > types), > called API viewer (something like that). > > It was pretty nice,...

dotnet versus visual studio 6.0
Hello, Are there things that visual studio 6.0 (VC) got, that visual studio .NET doesn't (i.e ActiveX) ? If so, then why should visual studio .net doesn't have things that old versions have ? Is there any list for difference between old and new version (pros and cons) ? Thanks :) All you can do in VC++ 6.0 can be done in VC++.NET, and generally with less work. -- Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez [MVP] microsoft.public.es.vc FAQ http://vcfaq.europe.webmatrixhosting.net "Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez [MVP]" wrote : > All you can do in VC++ 6.0 can be done in VC++.NET, and gene...

Plug & Play and MFC
Greetings, I am in process of developing an MFC based application that will inhibit Plug and Play functionality of Windows during certain phase of system setup and installation of software. All the basic hardware is already installed and running such as video card, cd rom, network cards, keyboard, mouse etc. My application will only run once and needs to shut down or mutually agree with OS on not allowing Plug and Play to take over because we have proprietary software and hardware. After certain software has been installed my application will release control and Plug and Play can take over....

Can we Create products through dotnet coading
Hi, i want to create a product through dotnet, is it possible to create products through dotnet, please can anyone tell wheather it is possible or not, Thanks Thangadurai Yes, it is possible. <mukathangadurai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189415429.700276.39660@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > i want to create a product through dotnet, is it possible to create > products through dotnet, > please can anyone tell wheather it is possible or not, > > Thanks > > Thangadurai > On Sep 10, 2:36 pm, "Jevgenij Martynenko" <jevgenij_...

29 Books and Tutorials for DotNET, C#, VB.NET and ASP.NET
Hi here is a list of 29 Books and Tutorials for DotNET, C#, VB.NET and ASP.NET. Download fast at http://free-tech-ebooks.blogspot.com/ ...

Non-Plug&Play driver installation
Hello there, I have a device which is not plug-&-play, but more a virtual hardware. I can install it using the Device-Manager --> Add legacy hardware, but I want to install it programmatically, eg. the use of the function SetupCopyOEMInf for plug-&-play devices. can anybody help me with this? Thanks in advance KW Is it a root enumerated device? If so, devcon is a good start (source and binaries in the WDK), the "install" switch will create a new root enumerated device and register your INF: devcon install myinf.inf ROOT\MadeUpHardwareId -scot...

see for dotnet visitors
C# Interview Questions and Answers8 http://allinterviewsbooks.blogspot.com/2008/07/c-interview-questions-and-answers8.html C# Interview Questions and Answers7 http://allinterviewsbooks.blogspot.com/2008/07/c-interview-questions-and-answers7.html C# Interview Questions and Answers 6 http://allinterviewsbooks.blogspot.com/2008/07/c-interview-questions-and-answers-6.html C# Interview Questions and Answers 5 http://allinterviewsbooks.blogspot.com/2008/07/c-interview-questions-and-answers-5.html C# Interview Questions and Answers 4 http://allinterviewsbooks.blogspot.com/2008/07/c-interview-question...

vba vs VB dotnet
I have a new project to use MS access as backend. I would like to know what adre the difference betwwen VBA and VB dotnet as front end? what is the best choise and what I need considre to use front end bwteen 2 choices? Your information is great appreciated, Souris wrote: > I have a new project to use MS access as backend. > > I would like to know what adre the difference betwwen VBA and VB > dotnet as front end? > > > what is the best choise and what I need considre to use front end > bwteen 2 choices? Well a big difference is that you can actually create a fr...

mfc42.dll and vs dotnet
Can I use visual studio 7.0 with mfc42.dll (instead of mfc70.dll) No. THis question comes up every few weeks. The answer is no. Not at all. Not possible. Forget it. joe On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:58:29 -0800, "mdeuerling@gsd-software.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I use visual studio 7.0 with mfc42.dll (instead of >mfc70.dll) Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm You might be able to do it if you dont use any of the new functionality and if you link w...

dotnet framework check and install
hi Is it possible to check and install some version dotnet framework in MSI project , does it has this feature or I need to write it by myself ? Can I bundle dotnet framework in my package ? Thank you . On 03-01-2010 21:07, Kid wrote: > Is it possible to check and install some version dotnet framework in MSI > project , does it has this feature or I need to write it by myself ? > > Can I bundle dotnet framework in my package ? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa480239.aspx has something at the bottom. Arne Kid, If I am assuming right you are ...

New Fourm on dotnet
HI thank you all here is a new fourm on dotnet can post your queries here and get the answers as soon as possible www.dotnettunnel.com ...

dotnet to XML, why SOAP?
We have an API that has an XML interface. We have a client who has a .NET application and wants to use our API. Why will SOAP make life easier for our client? It seems to me that .NET to XML should be easy enough, but they're saying they want SOAP interface. thanks. c "c" <me@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:eCwKxJkAEHA.3016@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We have an API that has an XML interface. We have a client who has a .NET > application and wants to use our API. > > Why will SOAP make life easier for our client? It allows your customer to consider com...

Plug-in error
Hi I developed plug-in in crm 4.0 in development server its working fine but in production server its giving an error saying that “The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.System.Web.Services”. please help me on this ...

OWC load add-ins programmatically in dotnet?
Is it possible to load Add-ins along with the spreadsheet component? I'd like to use the spreadsheet component in a .NET app I have, but I need the functionality of an external add-in. How can you load/unload Add-ins with OWC? ...

Privilleges to create opportunity to via DotNet Assembly in Workfl
Hi Everyone, We are trying to create a opporunity using DotNet Assembly as a workflow rule when an existing opportunity is closed. Everything is working fine in Development environment. But when in production, even when I logged in as System Administrator workflow rule is failing and in the workflow monitor log, error is " User does not have enough privilleges to perform the task". Any help is highly apprecited as we are in little bit of rush. Thanks, Karunya ...

Howto: Adding includes to XsdSchema in dotnet?
Hello, I am writing a program that generates automatically XSD schema's, based on the definitions in our database. Everything works fine, except for one thing. The files contain a header, a body and a footer. As the header and footer is the same for every document, I want to include them in my document schema. When executing the included code, I get this exception: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema.LoadExternals(XmlSchemaCollection schemaCollection, XmlNameTable nameTable, SchemaNames schemaNames, ValidationEventHandler validatio...

Looking for dotnet trainer
Hi, Looking for online dotnet trainer.... "Bobby" <aaron.bobby1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:13d053b8-894b-4c8a-997f-e5ed82ef25b2@b9g2000pri.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Looking for online dotnet trainer.... Without any information on your related experience (if any) and/or what level of interaction with an "instructor" you require, it's impossible to answer your question. You also don't mention if you are willing to *pay* for this training. If I were to assume that you are an absolute beginner, willing to work independently and...