Dont print Kit details on 40 column receipt template

Could somebody share how to make it so all of the Kit detail does not print
onto the 40 column receipts?  Microsoft does have an article in the knowledge
base that discusses how to do this, however, it seems to be old material that
needs to be updated.  It does not match or work with the current receipt.xml
that comes with 1.3 Refresh.

I believe it is something very simple to do, but I am having problems making
it work correctly. Any help would be appreciated. thank you.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Scratch that question... the 1.3 Refresh receipt.xml already has the fix
included into it. haha, Ive spent the last 2 hours trying to fix something
that was already fixed. why fix something thats not broken, right?

"Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." wrote:

> Could somebody share how to make it so all of the Kit detail does not print
> onto the 40 column receipts?  Microsoft does have an article in the knowledge
> base that discusses how to do this, however, it seems to be old material that
> needs to be updated.  It does not match or work with the current receipt.xml
> that comes with 1.3 Refresh.
>
> I believe it is something very simple to do, but I am having problems making
> it work correctly. Any help would be appreciated. thank you.

------=_NextPart_000_057C_01C70A4D.0E755AC0

Andy,

The instructions work fine.  I just modified one.

Did you re-select the newly modified receipt after you changed it? =20

Did it give you an error?

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." =
<AndyMillerTeknorInc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Could somebody share how to make it so all of the Kit detail does not =
print=20
  onto the 40 column receipts?  Microsoft does have an article in the =
knowledge=20
  base that discusses how to do this, however, it seems to be old =
material that=20
  needs to be updated.  It does not match or work with the current =
receipt.xml=20
  that comes with 1.3 Refresh.

  I believe it is something very simple to do, but I am having problems =
making=20
  it work correctly. Any help would be appreciated. thank you.
------=_NextPart_000_057C_01C70A4D.0E755AC0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Andy,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>The instructions work fine.&nbsp; I just =
modified=20
one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Did you re-select the newly modified receipt =
after you=20
changed it?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Did it give you an error?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment(s).&nbsp; If you are not =
using a=20
reader, follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click =
on "Open=20
with newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the =
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:AndyMillerTeknorInc@discussions.microsoft.com">AndyMillerT=
eknorInc@discussions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:52BA0577-6175-4F4F-B422-BEFB4CC9F768@microsoft.com">news:52B=
A0577-6175-4F4F-B422-BEFB4CC9F768@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Could=20
  somebody share how to make it so all of the Kit detail does not print =
<BR>onto=20
  the 40 column receipts?&nbsp; Microsoft does have an article in the =
knowledge=20
  <BR>base that discusses how to do this, however, it seems to be old =
material=20
  that <BR>needs to be updated.&nbsp; It does not match or work with the =
current=20
  receipt.xml <BR>that comes with 1.3 Refresh.<BR><BR>I believe it is =
something=20
  very simple to do, but I am having problems making <BR>it work =
correctly. Any=20
  help would be appreciated. thank you.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_057C_01C70A4D.0E755AC0--

0
cptsoft (1247)
11/17/2006 9:34:07 PM
I receive an error that it is not a well formed xml document. So there is
something in my modified reciept template that it doesnt like.  Jeff, would
you mind sending me a copy of your modified reciept template?
amiller@rvpsystems.com

What is odd.. the original receipt.xml when viewed using the Journal does
not display all the items in the kit. However, the actuall printed reciept
from the Epson TM-T88III does show all of the items in the kit.  Just thought
I'd mention that.

"Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:

> Andy,
>
> The instructions work fine.  I just modified one.
>
> Did you re-select the newly modified receipt after you changed it?
>
> Did it give you an error?
>
> --
>
> Jeff
> Check Point Software

> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
>   "Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." <AndyMillerTeknorInc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52BA0577-6175-4F4F-B422-BEFB4CC9F768@microsoft.com...
>   Could somebody share how to make it so all of the Kit detail does not print
>   onto the 40 column receipts?  Microsoft does have an article in the knowledge
>   base that discusses how to do this, however, it seems to be old material that
>   needs to be updated.  It does not match or work with the current receipt.xml
>   that comes with 1.3 Refresh.
>
>   I believe it is something very simple to do, but I am having problems making
>   it work correctly. Any help would be appreciated. thank you

Right Filling A Formula Whilst Keeping A Static Column
Hello, I have a large worksheet with in excess of 100 rows and 100 columns. In each cell of column C, I have a constant that I need to use as part of the formula applicable to columns D, E, etc. For example; =SUM(C7*D7). I would like to fill right across all subsequent columns so as the formulas are =SUM(C7*E7), =SUM(C7*F7), etc. Alas, what happens is that I am getting =SUM(D7*E7), =SUM(E7*F7), etc. Any suggestion gratefully received. Thanks in advance. Regards, Kevin -- kevtherev ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kevtherev's Profile: http://w...

Printing in Vista

converting column of text to text box for repetitive records
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which contains employee information including job skills. My problem is that each skill (cook,candlemaker, etc.)creates a new row for that employee, duplicating fields that don't change, name, ss#,etc with the only new info in the row being the skill Like this: Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,cook Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,candlemaker What I want is 1 row for each employee with the last column containing all the skills in a text box or separated by commas. Is there an easy way to do this in Excel? Or even Access? Thanks, Clark --- Outgoing mail is certifie...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

tooltip
I have an MFC application and although most menu/tool bar icons show the associated Prompt and Tool Tip, there are one or two that just dont show them. I've checked the resources and they look of for all the items (working and non-working) but I cant seem to get all the tool-tips to show up Any help will be much appreciated Phil Tooltips for buttons display only that text which follows \n and corresponds to the prompt for the identical menu item. Do you have a \n in all tooltip text? Just a guess. joe On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:20:03 +0100, "Phil Cunningham" <phil@oak...

Check printing in GP 7.0

How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?
I cannot seem to be able to change the background colors of columns, rows and cells in Excel. I had no problem when I was using Office 97. How can I do this with Office 2003? Can you see the colors when in Print Preview or when you print the worksheet? If this is a problem with all Excel files, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:20:01 -070...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Check box moves after printing
I have an excel spreadsheet that contains several check boxes. After printing the document, all of the check boxes move to the left side of the page and overlap other text. Is this a bug in Office XP or is there something I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated. Take a look here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steve T" <Steve T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78EF0402-D891-413C-9A1E-CDE7...

Summing in a column
I've got Excell 97. Beginner. Can I make Excel sum up data in a column without specifying a specific cell to display the result? So, the result appears in the cell immediately below the last cell in the column containing data, whatever the position in the column the last cell containing data may happen to be. TIA. Rich. With a macro you can do this Exampl;e for column C Sub test() Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(2, 0) _ ..FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R1C:R[-2]C)" End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Richard" <knot@good.co...

Excel templates
Hi, I'm in the process of creating a template, however, I'm not sure what my options are to save the information that I'm collecting via the form/template. What I would like to do is to capture the data and save it to a database. Can this data be sent via email? Please inform me of my choices and how to do it. -- Thanks in advance, Dencol Without knowing all of the specifics, I would say that your best bet for success is probably to gather the data, save the .xls file (with the new data), then use Excel's File | Save As feature and select the CSV (comma delimited) ...

Add Full Price Total to Receipt
I am trying to include on the receipt the pre-discount transaction total. I see a Entry.ExtendedFullPricePurchased and Entry.ExtendedFullPrice. But I need it for Transaction. -- Biloxi ...

Printing #5
Is it possible to print a document as thumbnails? Thanks Michael After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from printing <here@hotmail.com>... > Is it possible to print a document as thumbnails? You cannot do this in Publisher, however, your printer driver may have a feature that adds this functionality. I believe FinePrint 2000 (www.fineprint.com) can do this - it acts as an intermediary printer driver to add extra functionality. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: h...

Printing in month view
I am printing a two months per legal paper. Everything works fine. There is one thing I need and I suspect others need it too. Outlook 2003 allowed 8 lines of print with 6 point font in each day. Outlook 2007 only allows 6 lines because of the rounded corner color box surrounding each appointment. I need more lines visible. Is there an option to shrink the box size so as to be tighter to the text? It leaves too much space above and below the text characters. Thank you. -- Fr. Kurtis Gunwall Unfortunately, the print layout is not editable. Have you tried the calendar ...

Printing SMARTTAGS from Visio
Hi, Is it possible to actually print SmartTags from a Visio diagram? They are an excellent quick visual indicator of 'status' of shapes within the drawings, but without the ability to print them, they render the solution somewhat obsolete. Perhaps a setting or an API i could use? Thanks! rc ...

Setting non-contiguous print areas
Seems that I can't set non-contiguous print areas - I thought that I could in the past! How do you set non- contiguous print areas under Excel 2002? Hi sandy Try this from Dave Peterson You could do this Insert a new worksheet (you're gonna use this for printing). Do this for each area in your range. select the range Edit|copy go to the new worksheet and Shift-click-Edit|Paste Picture Link. go back and do the rest of the areas (copy|shift-click-Edit|paste picture Link). What's neat about the picture is that if you change the original, the picture will change, too (values an...

I need a template for at a glance viewing 2005 projects for staff.
I am trying to creat an easy to use template for tracking projects of my event planners. I would like to be able to include information pertaining to dates of event, planners name, name of event, city and hotel locationl. ...

how to print email without print out today's date?
All I need is to printout the emails from outlook express 6 without printing out today's date that shows up at the right bottom corner of each page. I tried using Advanced button in the print window, change printer properties and all other ways I can think but could not find the solution. I use windows XP. please help me. Do you have a new version of Microsoft Office installed on your computer? If so, see if you have the "Microsoft Office Image Writer" printer installed in your Printer applet in Control Panel. If so, use that printer to save your message and print it or vie...