Does RMS Media ( CD ) for Service Pack 3 ( SP3 ) Exist?

Has Microsoft produced installation media that incorporate SP2 or SP3?

If yes, then how do I acquire it?

My current RMS 2.0 CDs are from the time before SP2.

I'll be upgrading from RMS 1.3 to 2.x
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

there downloads for the service packs,

--
Maurice Gordon
Maurice@americanretailsupply.com

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has Microsoft produced installation media that incorporate SP2 or SP3?
>
> If yes, then how do I acquire it?
>
> My current RMS 2.0 CDs are from the time before SP2.
>
> I'll be upgrading from RMS 1.3 to 2.x

0
Maurice
12/8/2009 10:35:46 PM
Hello Tim

My understanding is MS is no longer providing media (Install CDs, manuals)
with purchase.  Your RMS partner should provide you with the base 2.0
install, service packs 1 thru 3, and the latest hotfix (I believe its hotfix
19)  If you're going solo on the upgrade then contact MS for the links to
download the above.

I have not seen a single install file that includes the base software plus
service packs.  When we do installs or upgrades we have to apply all these
separately in the above sequence.

Hope this helps.

"Tim" wrote:

> Has Microsoft produced installation media that incorporate SP2 or SP3?
>
> If yes, then how do I acquire it?
>
> My current RMS 2.0 CDs are from the time before SP2.
>
> I'll be upgrading from RMS 1.3 to 2.x
No slipstreaming of the RMS CD...

"convoluted" <convoluted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Tim
>
> My understanding is MS is no longer providing media (Install CDs, manuals)
> with purchase.  Your RMS partner should provide you with the base 2.0
> install, service packs 1 thru 3, and the latest hotfix (I believe its
> hotfix
> 19)  If you're going solo on the upgrade then contact MS for the links to
> download the above.
>
> I have not seen a single install file that includes the base software plus
> service packs.  When we do installs or upgrades we have to apply all these
> separately in the above sequence.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> "Tim" wrote:
>
>> Has Microsoft produced installation media that incorporate SP2 or SP3?
>>
>> If yes, then how do I acquire it?
>>
>> My current RMS 2.0 CDs are from the time before SP2.
>>
>> I'll be upgrading from RMS 1.3 to 2.x

0
Dan

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

Matching Transactions #3
OK. I stopped upgrading at 2001 because of all the complaints about matching transactions & reconciliation in the account register. I have finally broken down & bought a new computer, so am back in the world, with Money 2005. I have found that those functions are OK to live with, after a couple of tries. What I DO NOT get is why Money is trying to match downloaded transactions with transactions in the future that DON'T EXIST. What is up with THAT? Susan ...

RMS Turns off
While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the desktop secreen is visible. I have two pos machines but it only happens on one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe. Someone please help Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS. The problem happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale. Microsoft support has not been any help on this. Usually an error is generated that can be viewed in the application log. What equipment are you running RMS on? What other peripherals do you have attached? Maybe w...

MSCRMBulkMai the service service is Stopped: Critic condition.
Hi, I use SBS 2003 with CRM 3.0 + Exchange connector.Everythings seems to work find (SBS + CRM) Every day, I get this error in the performance report service: MSCRMBulkMail the service is Stopped: Critic condition. What do you think ? Thank you for your reply Pascal when you srtart the service are any issues reported? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "alambiki" <alambiki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ursK6wSZGHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I use SBS 2003 with CRM 3.0 + Exchang...

RMS SO POS Bug ?
Hi, I use the standard EAN13 weight-code (that like with 20...). When Item with this code have a sale price, the POS do not show the real quantity (price of scale/standard price)*sale price = new quantity for pos. Do You have a solution? Thank you Antonio ...

BOM
Hi Folks I have defined a Labour Service Item in my Inventory Masterfile. As it is a service item it does not have a unit cost. I'm needing to use it as part of a BOM. When I do the assembly transaction I would like to cause a recovery to my Labour expense account by having access to the value for the labour item. I can see that for my conventional Sales Inventory items in the BOM the system will use the unit cost of my lot for those items, but my service item is a problem. If you cannot have a cost of that service item pull through onto the BOM, then what use is it to inc...

Any Liquor store RMS Users
Are there any Liquor store using RMS ? Is anyone willing to share some of their best practices, some ways they do things. Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS, Few questions i have How is your inventory kept? Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc) Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having parent/child relationship How do you cover the need for extra fields needed Size Price per ounce Type, Proof Verital(types ...

RMS 2.0 and PC Charge
Is anyone using PC Charge Pro with RMS 2.0? I haven't been able to get any answers from Verifone as to certification with RMS 2.0. Does PC Charge Pro support the AVS function in RMS or does it do it itself? I'm changing Merchants and the new one requires using PC Charge Pro. Thanks, TomT Funny thing... I have basically the same question. Our MS VAR told me to check with PCCharge (Verifone) . VeriFone told me "They (MS RMS) test their versions with our software and keep a list of which is compatible. If you are using the newer version of RMS then I would say 5.7.1I SP...

use mjwpdf to edit and modify existing pdf file
Dear all I have a question, is possible to use mjwpdf in VB6 to edit an existing pdf document, modify it (for example for insert a signature image at the end of document) and save it with the changes if some one have the solution please attach source code please thanks to all xavi-querol@hotmail.com *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** On 02/02/2010 16:00, xavi querol wrote: > I have a question, is possible to use mjwpdf in VB6 to edit an existing > pdf document, modify it (for example for insert a signature image at the > end of document...

Vista and RMS.
I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work with this settings? Thanks -- Steve Are you using a Vista compatible OPOS for the ingenicco? "Steven @ S&S Tire Service" <StevenSSTireService@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E558D34-1EA8-4F04-ABA2-8567AC53B419@microsoft.com... >I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. > My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work > with this settings? > Thanks > -- > Steve I don'...

Import Rms Database to POS 2009
Hi all, I got a hold of a 30 day trial POS 2009, so I wanted to import a RMS database backup file to POS 2009 so I could "check it out" before I decided to switch to POS 2009. How do I do it?? I tried Tools>Database>Restore option and also create option, but during the restore option is comes back with an error and shut down the restoredatabase.exe Any ideas what I am doing wrong??? thanks Arve We have an RR Import Utility that is working with POS2009 and RMS. We are giving this for a short time free of charge as part of our beta launch. Contact me if interested to...

Windows media player 12-16-09
I am running windows vista and my windows media player will not open! Was ok a few days ago. Please help! i can not open my window media player it is on my computer but it will not open Did you install anything or make any system changes in the last few days? If you open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del, do you see a wmplayer.exe item on the Processes page? If so, select it and click End Process to kill it, and try starting Windows Media Player again. If that doesn't help, find Command Prompt in the Start Menu, right-click it, select Run As Administrator, and type the fo...

Microsoft CRM 3 And Calyx Point
Does anyone know if there is a third party product that integrates Microsoft CRM 3 and Calyx Point? If so, does it work well? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services www.rbdata.com This might help. http://www.crmchump.org/2006/06/access_microsof.html ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C4B3C2-7BEC-4DC7-BF08-FC1F40F636A8@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a third party product that integrates > Microsoft > CRM 3 and Calyx Poi...

Setting Security in RMS
A lot of my clients ask me how to do Security in RMS, so I thought it might be useful to everyone. If you want the screenshots, shoot me an email and I'll send you the original email with them. Follow these directions exactly and soon you will be an RMS security expert. Security at the POS 1. Create theoretical groups for security, group 1, group 2, etc. 2. These groups will be for managers, accountants, supervisors, cashiers, etc. 3. You can assign the group to the user templates you already have 4. go to the POS and click on the square in the lower left corner, giving yo...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

Professional Services Tools Library stored procedure not found
I am using the Professional Services Tools Library version 8.0.10 inside GP 8.0. When I attempt to perform a Customer Modifier operation I get the following error: Unhandled script exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.aagGetCompanyStatus'. I have verified the setup of my DNS, uninstalled and reinstalled PSTL and have performed other functions inside PSTL and they work OK. However, with Customer Modifier I get the above listed error. What am I missing to fix this problem? Russ Roberts ...

RMS Debit Card Set-up
Has anyone come across good ducumentation on how to use an RMS hook-in for debit card processing using a verifone. Thanks in advance. ...

should be able to copy & paste up to 3 items at a time
There are situations when using MSWord/Excel and OE when one wants to copy & paste up to 3 words/phrases, e.g. email address, subject and contents of an email sent to different persons instead of cc/bc. If one can copy 1,2,3 and paste 1,2,3, it would make work easier. IF MS accepts this idea/suggestion, it may be considered for a reward to me. BM Shah Tel: 91 22 27662854 shah301@mtnl.net.in ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

Publisher 2007 Service Pack 2
Re problems with Publisher and IE8, I see the following at MS Help: "For Publisher 2003 users, please upgrade to Publisher 2007, and then install Publisher 2007 Service Pack 2." http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/969705 May be a very dumb question, but - does this mean Service Pack 2 for MS Office (which I can easily find), or does it mean a Publisher-specific Pack (which I can't). Also if I introduce an SP for Offcice or Publisher 07 for Publisher 07 when the rest of my Office is 2003, won't this cause conflicts and errors? I have no Publisjher site yet ...

Baffled. 3 accounts at UBOC, MoneyDel2006 thinks all the same tran
Thanks for your help. I have 2 different checking accounts, a savings acct., and a line of credit all at UBOC. All accounts correctly appear on the UBOC site. In Money Deluxe 2006, I used the new account/banking to set up and Money via online found the 2 checking and 1 savings account (and not the line of credit). However, Money has combined the main checking account transaction list and balance with the other two accounts; so… Check acct. A's transaction history is correct (60-70 transactions); Check acct. B's transaction history is NOT correct, but actually a duplicate o...

QuickBooks and MS Small Business Accounting Integration with CRM 3
This question has come up a few times but it doesn't seem like anyone has been able to give it a decent answer, so I'll pose it again since we've had several customers ask for it. Is there any ISV out there that has developed an integration solution between CRM 3.0 and QuickBooks and/or MS Small Business Accounting? Customers expect MS to at least provide integration between SBA and CRM but the only thing we've seen is GP9. It seems logical enough to the customers that have asked for it that MS would support their own product and not rely on ISVs for that. By only pro...

Microsoft RMS Integrated CC processing
I have a client who will charge their customers a deposit for a boat rental. Does RMS allow for an authorization to the credit card? Meaning- will it verify funds and authorize that amount, but not actually transact that amount until requested at the POS? My thought is that this will not work. On a ZON machine- you can press a button that allows for a transaction to be authorized, or charged, and I dont know of a way this would work with the credit card integration. How would you suggest deposit transactions in RMS? Thanks, Andrea Andrea, Can't do it within RMS. Maybe with TPI ...

Auto Close Appoinments in 3.0
I see a couple posts regarding this in 1.2 but I am seeing in 3.0 where my appointments never auto-complete and therefore always stay under activities, not history. Anyone have any clues about this? Is there a job I should check? I couldn't find one like the 1.2 job that ran automatically to close the appointments. -- Thanks, Brian ...

Installation CD and DAO
I am creating an installation CD in Installshield. My MFC app uses DAO. I know!!!!!! I will change it later. But what do I need to give the user? I am giving them DAO 3.6 in Crystal Reports already. Do I need to give them also MDAC or JET dlls or is DAO360.dll enough? William, DAO350.DLL must be present and registered on the machine. MSJET35.DLL must be in the search path. As far as I know MDAC 2.5 has DAO3.5 regards anton "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u2UiWkBvDHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I am creating an installation CD in I...

Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 #3
We are planning to upgrade our corporate citrix servers from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. However, we are planning to leave our exchange servers as Exchange 2000 for the time being. Can anyone let me know any obvious pitfalls to this approach - or point me in the direction of any good documentation on the subject? Works fine - we're running XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Pro, SBS 2000 [including Exchange 2000] David "Jo Winchester" <JoWinchester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:682D8EF6-6961-401B-8270-C2A366BCAFD2@microsoft.com... > We are planning ...