Does HQ run better on XP or Win Server 2003?

I'm running HQ on a win2000 machine.  I would like to upgrade.  Does it run
better in XP or Win Server 2003?  Is it certified for Win Server 2003?
0
Skrilla (1)
12/28/2004 6:53:05 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HQ will run fine on either.  Remember that there are many components to
"HQ" - Server, Client, Manager and a database - you may want to split those
functions across several systems.  We normally recommend a full version of
SQL Server rather than MSDE for HQ Environments, and that requires a Server
OS - consider Small Business Server Premier which includes SQL Server as
well as Win 2K3 Sever and some of the other MS Back Office servers.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Skrilla" <Skrilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running HQ on a win2000 machine.  I would like to upgrade.  Does it
> run
> better in XP or Win Server 2003?  Is it certified for Win Server 2003?

0
glenn1806 (721)

importing Outlook Express messages to Outlook 2003
In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and Received date for messages sent out have the same date. The import function in Outlook 2003 to import Outlook Express messages changes the Received Date to the date/time of the import. Is there a way to retain the Sent Date as the Received Date or is there a way to convert the Received Date of a sent e-mail to be the same as the e-mail's Sent Date. Regards, Rannoch "rannoch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016c01c42631$4e3d7500$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and ...

Remove First Exchange 2003 Server
I have read the MS article on removing the the first server in an exchange 2003 server. The server is the only server in an admin group. I have several other servers in various admin groups. each admin group corresponds to a child domain in our forest. This first server is to be completely decommisioned and the admin group removed and the child domain retired. So.... I have moved the MAPI Public Folder Tree, each admin group has its own OAB and generated by their server. The article says to replicate off pub folders, OAB, and Free Busy. But i think they are assuming that a new se...

RMS HQ Paid Out Report
is there a Paid Out report for Headquarters? I tried to use the one posted here a while back but it doubled each transaction. what went wrong? Thanks in advance ...

Problem when opening Excel 2003 file
How come when I open a file in Excel nothing appears? Yet the same file will open correctly on other peoples computers. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bruce Weinstein wrote: > How come when I open a file...

Rebuild HQ Item Data
I currently messed up with the HQ database. Since I still have an optimized database on my store, I would like to know if it is possible to import item and sales data into my "NEW HQ". I tried to sync it to the "NEW HQ" but RMS would not permit me because the store database is "flagged" to the "OLD HQ" Thanks ...

running total (balance) reset on month change in pivot table
hi, have a simple question... how can i reset the running total in pivot table back to zero once the month changes ? mar 1 - 2000 - 2000 mar 2 - 3000 - 5000 mar 3 - 5000 - 10000 -------------------------------- apr 1 - 20000 - 20000 apr 2 - 50000 - 70000 that's all. shripal dalal. Hi Right click on your data field and choose Group and Show Detail>Group>select Months and Days>OK Then right click on PT>Wizard>Layout>reset your Sum of Value2 to be Running Total by Date. -- Regards Roger Govier "shripaldalal" <shripaldalal@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

exchange 2003 sp2 problem
we have an exchange 2003 cluster and another exchange 2003 server in same site.when sending mail from cluster to the oher server it gets stuck in the oher server queue in awaiting directory lookup.whn working with 2 mailboxes on same server all ok. this is after installing sp2 on all nodes. What does the status of the queue show? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "sham" <shamun@mekorot.co.il> wrote in message news:%2309MHXC7FHA.1484@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > we have an exchange 2003 cluster and another exchange 2003 server in same > site.when sending mail...

Run When Open Macro
I am looking for a Macro to tell another Macro to run automatically whenever I open an Excel workbook. Thanks for the help. T.R. Hi T.R Two ways Sub Auto_open() 'code or macro name End Sub Copy in a normal module If you use a Auto_open macro then this wil not run if you open the file with a macro Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'code or macro name End Sub Copy in the Thisworkbook module -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "T.R." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9d1601c49764$5fce35d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I am l...

2003 Layout => 2002 Layout
I have been using Outlook 2003 for a couple of weeks, one small problem is the new layout, is it possible to make it look like 2000/2002 layout 'cos I can't bear it? You can move the new preview pane to the bottom. try view | reading pane | bottom. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jon Cook" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d6a01c3e357$2ddffde0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using Outlook 2003 for a couple of weeks, one > small problem is the new layou...

Shop Cost different from HQ Cost
We are using MS RMS at 14 stores and have an HQ database where item details are maintained. We use the Cost Update Worksheet to update item costs at the stores. The worksheet is reported as having processed successfully. However half the stores are showing the old cost and half showing the new cost (as reported in the ITEMDYNAMIC table through the "snapshot"). What might cause different stores to have different costs? (The item ID's are all okay so there appears to be no database integrity issue) Thanks in advance, Dave Dave, The first thing I do anymore when having issues...

Same account for several XP Users
Hi. I'm just wondering what the best way to set up Outlook 2000 is, so that each of the four members of my family that use the PC can all access the same inbox and email account, despite logging into XP as separate users. Any suggestions/help? Do you have one mail account that is shared by all people? Cn you cut and paste the .pst file you want people to use in the shared folder and have each WIndows profile point to that shared folder? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no...

Looking for a NNTP server that discuss csharp/.net
Hello! I hope there might be some NNTP server left that has groups such as microsoft.public.dotnet.language.csharp because I prefer NNTP server before using Forum. //Tony On 7/20/2010 5:26 AM, Tony Johansson wrote: > Hello! > > I hope there might be some NNTP server left that has groups such as > microsoft.public.dotnet.language.csharp because > I prefer NNTP server before using Forum. > > //Tony > > Just use the MS NNTP Bridge application, and then you can go here Msdn.en-US.csharpgeneral using any NG reader. "Tony Johansson"...

error ntbackup windows 2003, exchange 2003
Hello, Windows 2003 enterprise cluster sp2 exchange 2003 enterprise sp2 All updates. I use windows 2003 ntbackup and displays the following error: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "P6_FULL3.bkf created 02/01/2010 at 2:57" Volume shadow copy creation: Attempt 1. Backup of "PIMPROD6\Microsoft Information Store\Third Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup description: "P6_FULL3" Media name: "P6_FULL3.bkf created 02/01/2010 at 2:57" Backup Type: Normal Backup started on 02/01/20...

Reports in HQ
Does any one have a copy of the Sales>Department Costs/Sales for HQ as the installation does not have it? I have this report in the reports folder but When I go into HQ Manager into the reports > Sales > Department Cost/Sales it comes up with the qrp does not exist. "Jeff" wrote: > Kirsten, > > Not sure what you are talking about. The report is on both the 1.2 and 1.3 > CD's that I have. Look in the; > > \HQ\program files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\Reports > folder > > Anyway the 1.3 version is attached. > ...

Interactive graphs
A few months ago, in Portfolio, I was able to click on a graph of one investment and then add stocks I wanted to compare to the first one by clicking a dropdown window on the graph. Today I have to type in each comparison I want to see. Anyone know what happened? I am not aware of anything which has changed unless there is some form of service that has been discontinued or has expired without any notice from MS. You need to view the investment price history page to do this. And then there (should be) are two drop down lists, one to compare with investment and the other to compare...

Sales by Batch Report for HQ
Does anyone know of a report that will show sales by batch for HQ? I have a report that works at Store Operations but not HQ. If you know how, use Excel to do a SQL query on the BATCH table in HQ. Or just do it in HQ Administrator. Query: Select * From Batch You will get a wealth of data. Warning - you have to sum the Returns and Sales columns to get actual sales. To get just what you want, you could do: Select BatchNumber, ClosingTime, StoreID, Sales + Returns AS 'Total Sales' from Batch "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62982A...

Outlook XP crashes when using Tasks
Outlook will crash when using Tasks. Here are the things I have tried. Used XP's Restore function to go back to a time when it worked fine. 1. Ran 2 virus scans with two different products. 2. Deinstalled Office XP, ran a defrag, and then reinstalled. 3. It will function propertly for about 2 minutes and then crash. There is an Exchange 2000 server involved as well. He can access his Tasks on another PC with no problem, so I know it is related to his machine. The offending file is an Outllib.dll, at least from the technical notes and log files. Any thoughts? ...

I have just installed Office 2003. I cannot download attachments
rollo <rollo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: No need to post more than once. -- Brian Tillman ...

problems with HQ connections
Hi . I am starting to have some problems in one of my clients. They have a location that run 18 stores running HQ r 1.2. Suddenly for some odd reason everytime the stores connect, create an incredible amount of connections (sometimes reaching 200 connections process) giving a hige degradation of performance. Does somebody know something about this?..... Thks in advance for your help Rodrigo ...

HQ: New customers not being added to HQ with WS401
Recently created customers at all four of my stores have not been transmitted to HQ since Saturday. The 'missing' customers have no HQID in the Store Ops database (of course). I have tried making a change and clicking OK to change the LastUpdated value in hopes of having the data go to HQ with the next WS401. So far, no luck. WS410s have been running normally and HQ Manager shows all WS401s as being completed successfully. Ideas? Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail Are the customers set as Global customers ? Mihir Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com "Terrible Tom" <...

Can I open a word 2002 document in Access 2003 for edit?
Hi I have an application that does this in Access 2003, but I need to do it with Access 2002 and Word 2002. Is there a way to do it? Stapes Have you tried it? Seems reasonable to test you problem and ask for help if it doesn't work correctly. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Stapes" wrote: > Hi > > I have an application that does this in Access 2003, but I need to do > it with Access 2002 and Word 2002. Is there a way to do it? > > Stapes > ...

running totals #2
Cab anyone advise? I want to have a running total of number in column A in the adjacent cloumn B, for example. The job is to keep a running total of minutes booked to differnt jobs recorded in consecutive rows. Perhaps something simple like this? Assume data (ie numbers) will be entered in A2 down In B2: =A2 In B3: =SUM(B2,A3) Copy B3 down as far as data is expected in col A If above helps, click YES button below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:25,000 Files:300 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "Reggie D." wrote: > Cab anyone advise? > I...

Retail Realm HQ Utility [New Add-On Release for RMS HQ Users]
FYI - Retail Realm is releasing its New HQ Utility - [End user Price US$700] The HQ add-on has many features. This add-on has been designed to enhance the Microsoft RMS HQ. The features are: - Acknowledge Worksheets [Specify the dates and decides which WS needs to be acknowledged] - Delete Acknowledge Worksheets [Specify the dates and decides which Acknowledge WS needs to be Deleted] - Item Dynamic Fix [Fix the missing records in the Item Dynamic Tables] - Purchase Order Control [Control PO placed at stores, modify, edit, reject or accept “Mark as Placed”]. This feature treats the ...

Reducing the size of database in exchange server 2000
Hi I am using exchange 2000 server.I have 100 mailboxes on it.After reducing the mail boxes to 55.I have deleted the data around 16gb.But the size of actual database is still same.How can i reduce the size of the database .So that i can perform my routine backups on tape. I am facing so many problem to take the backup of big database. Thanx And hope i will get the solution here. Baljinder Hello Baljinder, If you dismount the stores and run eseutil /d drive and path to your priv1.ed and include the priv1.edb you will regain the whitespace. This is called an offline defrag. Just ...

VBA Code dosent run after close & reopen
I have a complicated wooksheet, whereby I have created code to handle calculations. When I first create this page and test it, everything works great. But, as soon as I close and reopen the file, the worksheet doesnt want to run any code. Does anyone know why? If you require more info, such as the code, I can tell you. But it doesnt seem to be relevant to the problem. Where are you storing your code? Are you using UDFs or event macros? What is your security settings set to? In article <c84eb1b0.0504250301.21334f44@posting.google.com>, jsa1981@hotmail.com (Jagdip Singh Ajimal) wrote...