Discover Card processing

We are trying to select a credit/debit card merchant service. I've been in
contact with Mercury Payment Systems, Citibank, etc.

In addition to Visa, MC, and Amex, we would like to accept Discover card at
our store. However, Citibank told me I needed to talk to Discover directly.
When I did, they told me in a roundabout way that their payment processing
software is not compatible with RMS. In order to accept Discover, we need to
use Paymentech or Bank of America, and they would need to submit the payment
information to Discover, which would take a lot more time to receive the
payment.

Has anyone had any major issues with Discover card payments? We're at the
stage that if we don't accept Discover, it's not a great loss.

Bill Yater
Application Developer
The Worth Collection, Ltd.

0
BillYater (133)
4/26/2005 1:44:03 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You just need to create an account with Discover and forward that
information to Citibank or whom ever you choose as your processor.  RMS will
send all card transactions to your processor, and they will forward the
verification/settlement request to Discover.  You just need to make sure
that your processor has your Discover account correctly linked before you
start processing transactions.  It's easy if you do it upfront, kind of a
hassle if you try to add Discover after you've already set your account up -
just a matter of getting the right information to the right desk, but no one
seems to know where that is.  American Express works effectively the same
way - you create an Amex account and link it to your 'main' account.  Both
work just fine with Citibank.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are trying to select a credit/debit card merchant service. I've been in
> contact with Mercury Payment Systems, Citibank, etc.
>
> In addition to Visa, MC, and Amex, we would like to accept Discover card
> at
> our store. However, Citibank told me I needed to talk to Discover
> directly.
> When I did, they told me in a roundabout way that their payment processing
> software is not compatible with RMS. In order to accept Discover, we need
> use Paymentech or Bank of America, and they would need to submit the
> payment
> information to Discover, which would take a lot more time to receive the
> payment.
>
> Has anyone had any major issues with Discover card payments? We're at the
> stage that if we don't accept Discover, it's not a great loss.
>

> Bill Yater
> Application Developer
> The Worth Collection, Ltd.

0
glenn1806 (721)
4/26/2005 2:11:59 PM
Bill,

We just started implementing Mercury for our clients.  It is the best
solution out there, and I've implemented them all.  No hassels in trying to
get the right information from the right people into RMS or working with
banks, merchant services, etc.  You simply fill out their form, and you have
your setup information emailed to you within 48 hours.  Your setup
information is also sent to your reseller so that they can get you up and
running ASAP.

The setup is simple - two installation files and you are ready to go.
Mercury processes all major credit card types, and has gift card management
as well.  It takes about 5 minutes to setup at the register.

--
Mobitech Lady

Amy Luby
Mobitech
402.330.0707
www.mobitechonline.com

Microsoft Certified Partner:  Networking Infrastructure Solutions
Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner:  Retail Management System
Microsoft Certified Professional:  Small Business Server 2003

"Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are trying to select a credit/debit card merchant service. I've been in
> contact with Mercury Payment Systems, Citibank, etc.
>
> In addition to Visa, MC, and Amex, we would like to accept Discover card
> at
> our store. However, Citibank told me I needed to talk to Discover
> directly.
> When I did, they told me in a roundabout way that their payment processing
> software is not compatible with RMS. In order to accept Discover, we need
> use Paymentech or Bank of America, and they would need to submit the
> payment
> information to Discover, which would take a lot more time to receive the
> payment.
>
> Has anyone had any major issues with Discover card payments? We're at the
> stage that if we don't accept Discover, it's not a great loss.
>

> Bill Yater
> Application Developer
> The Worth Collection, Ltd.

0
a.luby (83)
4/27/2005 3:11:33 AM
How does Mercury Payment Systems compare to CitiBank, as far as debit card
processing? Can we purchase the PINPads from them?

Their rates seem higher than CitiBank's. Does ther service justify the
higher rate?

Can we accept Discover with their service? (This is not a dealbreaker, and
may be just the ammo I need to dump Discover from our project).

Bill

"Amy Luby" wrote:

> Bill,
>
> We just started implementing Mercury for our clients.  It is the best
> solution out there, and I've implemented them all.  No hassels in trying to
> get the right information from the right people into RMS or working with
> banks, merchant services, etc.  You simply fill out their form, and you have
> your setup information emailed to you within 48 hours.  Your setup
> information is also sent to your reseller so that they can get you up and
> running ASAP.
>
> The setup is simple - two installation files and you are ready to go.
> Mercury processes all major credit card types, and has gift card management
> as well.  It takes about 5 minutes to setup at the register.
>
> --
> Mobitech Lady
>
> Amy Luby
> Mobitech
> 402.330.0707
> www.mobitechonline.com
>
> Microsoft Certified Partner:  Networking Infrastructure Solutions
> Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner:  Retail Management System
> Microsoft Certified Professional:  Small Business Server 2003
>
> "Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are trying to select a credit/debit card merchant service. I've been in
> > contact with Mercury Payment Systems, Citibank, etc.
> >
> > In addition to Visa, MC, and Amex, we would like to accept Discover card
> > at
> > our store. However, Citibank told me I needed to talk to Discover
> > directly.
> > When I did, they told me in a roundabout way that their payment processing
> > software is not compatible with RMS. In order to accept Discover, we need
> > use Paymentech or Bank of America, and they would need to submit the
> > payment
> > information to Discover, which would take a lot more time to receive the
> > payment.
> >
> > Has anyone had any major issues with Discover card payments? We're at the
> > stage that if we don't accept Discover, it's not a great loss.
> >

> > Bill Yater
> > Application Developer
> > The Worth Collection, Ltd.

0
BillYater (133)
5/2/2005 3:10:03 PM
CitiBank, IMHO, is too hard to work with.  And, in my experience has been
expensive for the merchant.  Yes, you can accept Discover with Mercury.

Call:

Dana Silva
Reseller Relations Associate

Mercury Payment Systems

800-846-4472 ext 3188

www.mercurypay.com

--
Mobitech Lady

Amy Luby
Mobitech
402.330.0707
www.mobitechonline.com
> How does Mercury Payment Systems compare to CitiBank, as far as debit card
> processing? Can we purchase the PINPads from them?
>
> Their rates seem higher than CitiBank's. Does ther service justify the
> higher rate?
>
> Can we accept Discover with their service? (This is not a dealbreaker, and
> may be just the ammo I need to dump Discover from our project).
>
> Bill
>

> "Amy Luby" wrote:
>
>> Bill,
>>
>> We just started implementing Mercury for our clients.  It is the best
>> solution out there, and I've implemented them all.  No hassels in trying
>> get the right information from the right people into RMS or working with
>> banks, merchant services, etc.  You simply fill out their form, and you
>> have
>> your setup information emailed to you within 48 hours.  Your setup
>> information is also sent to your reseller so that they can get you up and
>> running ASAP.
>>
>> The setup is simple - two installation files and you are ready to go.
>> Mercury processes all major credit card types, and has gift card
>> management
>> as well.  It takes about 5 minutes to setup at the register.
>>
>> --
>> Mobitech Lady
>>
>> Amy Luby
>> Mobitech
>> 402.330.0707
>> www.mobitechonline.com
>>
>> Microsoft Certified Partner:  Networking Infrastructure Solutions
>> Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner:  Retail Management System
>> Microsoft Certified Professional:  Small Business Server 2003
>>
>> "Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We are trying to select a credit/debit card merchant service. I've been
>> > in
>> > contact with Mercury Payment Systems, Citibank, etc.
>> >
>> > In addition to Visa, MC, and Amex, we would like to accept Discover
>> > card
>> > at
>> > our store. However, Citibank told me I needed to talk to Discover
>> > directly.
>> > When I did, they told me in a roundabout way that their payment
>> > processing
>> > software is not compatible with RMS. In order to accept Discover, we
>> > need
>> > use Paymentech or Bank of America, and they would need to submit the
>> > payment
>> > information to Discover, which would take a lot more time to receive
>> > the
>> > payment.
>> >
>> > Has anyone had any major issues with Discover card payments? We're at
>> > the
>> > stage that if we don't accept Discover, it's not a great loss.
>> >

>> > Bill Yater
>> > Application Developer
>> > The Worth Collection, Ltd.

0
a.luby (83)
5/4/2005 5:09:30 PM
What problems have you had with Citibank? We are in the process of filling
out the paperwork. Mind you, we are still four months away from our store
opening, so if we are disappointed with them, we have time to change
(wouldn't be the first time we've changed vendors on this project).

I know their regular rates are less than Mercury, but I also know the rates
for internet orders are much higher (2.3 - 2.8% of the transaction total, vs
1.8% for a POS transaction). We're trying to figure out how to pass the
credit card info from our webstore to RMS and do the CC processing there
using Citibank instead of on the website using a payment gateway such as
Authorize.net. Any suggestions?

Bill

"Amy Luby" wrote:

> CitiBank, IMHO, is too hard to work with.  And, in my experience has been
> expensive for the merchant.  Yes, you can accept Discover with Mercury.
>
> Call:
>
> Dana Silva
> Reseller Relations Associate
>
> Mercury Payment Systems
>
> 800-846-4472 ext 3188
>
> www.mercurypay.com
>

> --
> Mobitech Lady
>
> Amy Luby
> Mobitech
> 402.330.0707
> www.mobitechonline.com
> "Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How does Mercury Payment Systems compare to CitiBank, as far as debit card
> > processing? Can we purchase the PINPads from them?
> >
> > Their rates seem higher than CitiBank's. Does ther service justify the
> > higher rate?
> >
> > Can we accept Discover with their service? (This is not a dealbreaker, and
> > may be just the ammo I need to dump Discover from our project).
> >
> > Bill
> >

> > "Amy Luby" wrote:
> >
> >> Bill,
> >>
> >> We just started implementing Mercury for our clients.  It is the best
> >> solution out there, and I've implemented them all.  No hassels in trying
> >> get the right information from the right people into RMS or working with
> >> banks, merchant services, etc.  You simply fill out their form, and you
> >> have
> >> your setup information emailed to you within 48 hours.  Your setup
> >> information is also sent to your reseller so that they can get you up and
> >> running ASAP.
> >>
> >> The setup is simple - two installation files and you are ready to go.
> >> Mercury processes all major credit card types, and has gift card
> >> management
> >> as well.  It takes about 5 minutes to setup at the register.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mobitech Lady
> >>
> >> Amy Luby
> >> Mobitech
> >> 402.330.0707
> >> www.mobitechonline.com
> >>
> >> Microsoft Certified Partner:  Networking Infrastructure Solutions
> >> Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner:  Retail Management System
> >> Microsoft Certified Professional:  Small Business Server 2003
> >>
> >> "Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
BillYater (133)

landscape printing business cards
my previous version of publisher I could print 12 to a page landscape for the bus. card section, now in publisher 2007 it only prints two rows of 4 ( also previews only this ) and leaves the last row blank.... I don't won't to change as I have cutting equipment that only cuts this way I talked to a Microsoft tech and he took over my computer online and was not able to correct the problem, he gave up ..... I have been waiting for a fix but nothing so far.... anyone else experience this problem Normally, business 2"x3�" cards are created landscape 2 columns, 5 rows...

Problem using a MSR(credit card reader)
Good afternoon so, im implementing RMS 1.3, and have problem with a device. The device is a MSR from MAXPRO; its a keyboard wedge plugged to PS/2 port keyboard (the keyboard ins coneccted to the MSR), the problem is this device dont have OPOS drivers, the company does not exist and i tried to make go on in SO. In notepad, this MSR it works, but in SO when i tender the transaction, i swiping the card but it doesnt write anything in the credit card windows. I tried to active first in MANAGER, but ask me about the OPOS drivers. the MSR MAXPRO it doesnt exist in HCL of RMS. its possilbe make...

EFT: Cards>Financial>Checkbook>EFT Bank menu missing
I'm reading the Electronic Banking manual and one of the first things it instructs you to do is to setup bank info for EFT transactions. It says to go to Cards>Financial>Checkbook>EFT Bank. I didn't see EFT Bank as a submenu off Checkbook so I popped in my CD1, went to install additional products and installed EFT for Payables. Which by the way scared me because when I re-launched GP it said it had to rebuild the db and to run utilities. WTF? That's really scary. Anyway, I did that and re-launched GP (v10) and I still don't see the EFT Bank submenu off Checkbook. A...

Issue with Discover Card in RMS
Hello Everyone, Last week we had a problem with the Discover card tender type on the X, Z, and Discover statement. The scenario is, We had 2 discover transaction on register 1. One was for $25.68 and the second was for a credit of $64.20. This would create a difference of $38.52. The X report displayed $38.52 in the Shift but when the Z report was ran it displayed $38.52 for the close and $77.04 in the shift. If you do the math $77.04 is double $38.52. We checked what Discover received from us from the Settle EDC batch and it was $77.04. I checking into the TenderEntry table for the t...

Credit Card Refunds #2
When we have a customer return an item that they have purchased from us on a credit card, we issue a credit memo and then refund to their credit card. The logical way to handle this is with a "negative" cash receipt, applied to a credit memo, just as a cash receipt would be applied to an invoice. There isn't currently a good, logical way of handling this since cash receipts in Sales cannot be a negative number. Instead we have to enter the credit card refund as a withdrawal in Bank Transactions and then enter an invoice to the customer to offset the credit memo. This i...

printing card 2 sides with mail merge.
I am doing a business card, I want to print both sides, their are about 90 names. It says their are too many pages, even though I only select 6-10 names at a time. Is their a way to print both sides without having to have 2 individual cards? Easier since they are both lined up. thanks Bruce You will have less grief if you create two publications. What version Publisher? You might want to read this article The Registry Fix for changing the Mail Merge Batch Size Courtesy of KATMA http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/registryfix -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce L...

Lose credit card processing
Hi, I have a weird one. I have two registers sharing a DSL router and every now and then Register 2 won't process credit cards. Internet works, network is fine (the register doesn't go off-line), just stops accepting credit cards. It reads the card but never recieves a response. May do it for a couple of days then start working again. The whole time it has good internet connection and networking with the other register (where the database is) and doesn't go off-line. Any thoughts? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C6AAC8.0D929850...

Discover not updating?
Anyone else having a problem with Discover not updating in Money Plus the past 2 days? worked fine Oct 10, but the 11th and 12 I keep getting OFXHTTP403 errors. That suggests a "forbidden" error - HTTP 403, which looks like a server-side issue. -- __________________________________________________________________________________ Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all) What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/ Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Yes, me too having problems ...

Can I control other process UI and input some data ?
Hi How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input edit box or click button controls ? Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? Thank you . "Kid" <Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC912098-E45E-4A70-82C0-5816011877D8@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input > edit > box or click button controls ? > > Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? > > Thank you . There is no all-purpose solution but many things can be done by...

printing business cards
I have prepared a business card in Publisher and want to print ten per page to fit my stationery. I am told to go to File. Print. Page Option. Print Multiple Copies. John, You are following the right steps...just one more to go. In the Print box there is a button that says custom options. In there you can set up the actual measurements for the page. If you set the horizontal gap and the vertical gaps at 0 it will allow for a second column and five rows down. Good luck. >-----Original Message----- >I have prepared a business card in Publisher and want to >print ten pe...

Discover Card
Hi, Is anyone else having trouble downloading data using Direct Services from Discover Card? For the last two days I keep getting "I'm sorry, the system is unavailable right now, please try again later." -- John "JohnA" <John@TheAtas.org-spamguard> wrote in message news:%23iE0AWQ3HHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is anyone else having trouble downloading data using Direct Services from > Discover Card? For the last two days I keep getting "I'm sorry, the > system is unavailable right now, please try again later."...

GUI
I have a server-client application. My concern here is strictly with the client part. The client can basically be divided into 3 parts. Part 1 communicates with the server (which might or might not be on the same computer). Part 2 does some additional processing of the data coming from the server. This part also processes the inputs the user makes through a GUI. These inputs can affect other parts of the GUI which then have to be updated. The 3rd part is the GUI. Part 2 offers general functionality that can be used for different applications. Each application has a different GUI. The current ...

Credit Card Receipts
For some reason some of our credit card payment receipts/applications changed the Credit Card ID field to say "STANDARD CHECK" rather than one of our three credit card ID's (VISA, AMEX, MC). The batch total when posting had the correct amount (i.e. our cash account was correct), but when we tried bundling the transaction through Bank Deposit Entry, the bank deposit is "short" by the amount of payments with the Credit Card ID field of "STANDARD CHECK". We are on GP 9.0 and use Credit Card Advantage. Any thoughts on this one? ...

Help
Hi, I need some help to do a administrative job: - I need to find out the inactives account that was not in use for 90 days. What does the command can I use? Thanks "Luiz" <Luiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8AA5898-86C1-4265-86F1-9636D217E3A1@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I need some help to do a administrative job: > - I need to find out the inactives account that was not in use for 90 > days. > What does the command can I use? > > Thanks For either computer or user accounts the best tool is Joe Richards' ...

Void a credit card transaction
..When you void a credit card transaction it asks for the credit card? Do you really need the credit card? Typically voiding a transaction makes it as though it never occured so if that is the case, the transaction wouldn't make it to the batch for settlement (the only reason you'd need the credit card). Situation is when someone runs the sale, printer malfunctions so employee doesn't think the card went through, re runs the card and then discovers the error after the customer has left. Now the card is gone, but we need to void the sale. thanks -- Rich ...

Gift cards #8
can u help with these...plz 1.How to retrieve the value of a certain Gift Card which has been sold. 2.How to generate report on what is the value of the Gift Cards which have been sold but not used. 3.When the sale is complete, I get this notice “XML Render – Compiler Error: Token ‘GST’ was not found.” And after that detailed receipt is printed. This is a new error coming up after every sale Hi Angie.....(may I call u Angie?) If you are using VOUCHER items and VOUCHER tender types to sell and redeem your gift certificates, then 1 - Use CTRL-SHIFT-F3 VOUCHER to lookup a sold vo...

mark timesheets and expense reports prior to processing
The way PDK handles processing to Great Plains is ineffective for some business processes. When the 'Process' button is clicked, all approved timesheets/expenses are processed to Great Plains, users are not able to choose which ones they would like to send. It would be most efficient if PDK administrators could check a box beside each document that they want to process to Great Plains when the Process button is checked. All other 'Approved' documents not checked would then stay in PDK. For example, users enter employee expenses which are approved, however accounting ...

Credit Card, FoodStamp, EBT, Debit Card . Reciept Formats and Setu
Hi all ... Thank you for answers :) So here ara my questions ... I'm using RMS 1.3 Refresh 1 Smart payments addon for card transactions. So everything is kinda fine, but ... 1. I need to change transaction details font size , first, I jusr read that after editing reciept I have to reassign receipt format in register printer settings. I will try it. Any other Ideas ? 2. For credit card transactions I have this problem. My reciepts are printed for signature , and just a regular reciept which shows only products , subtotal, tax, and so on . So I need the information that printed ...

Discover it, Judge it and Decide!
Hi everyone, I Am Offering You To Join The Most Effective Step-By-Step Money Making System In Existence. Inside the club there are so many exciting and inspiring Videos to train you how to make Six Figures Cash per month online. You can see the earning proof which will inspire you and a live walkthrough of everything inside the club. You will get 100% money back guarantee and full time support. See the site and Make Your Own Judgment. Watch Videos => http://www.MavrickMoneyMaker.com You will love it........enjoy ...

why does excel change last digit of credit card numbers to zero?
Using Excel 2002, cutting and pasting credit card numbers, but excel changes the last number on many of them to zero. If I hold the mouse over the cell, it shows the right number. Format as text, excel has only 15 digits precision -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dacton" <dacton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A62E44D9-3AFC-4E63-AFEF-0A0F5851BCE9@microsoft.com... > Using Excel 2002, cutting and pasting credit card numbers, but excel changes > the last number on many of them to zero. If I hold the mouse over the cell, > it shows the right number. ...

Receipt Paper Cut for Credit Card
My printer is set to automatically cut the receipt after it prints. This works great, except we are always manually tearing the receipt when a credit card is used, because RMS just generates 1 long receipt. We are using a Windows print driver. Any suggestions on how to get RMS to print credit card receipts as 2 files so the printer will automatically cut it? Thanks/Eric Eric, What model and brand of receipt printer? For a Star Micronics printer, go into the printer properties, I think its the advanced tab, set the cut action to Partial Cut/Partial Cut. Don't sell any others, Star...

How can I set up a punch card in Excel?
I am trying to set up a punch in/punch out system for my wife to accurately keep track of her time working for the day, week, month etc. ...

Credit Card Refund?
We sold an item to a customer who paid by credit card. Cash receipt was entered last month, and applied to the invoice. The customer has returned the item. I can process the return, but this just leaves a credit on the account. There does not seem to be any way to void the original cash receipt, or to enter a negative cash receipt to reflect the refund to the credit card. How do I enter a credit card refund into Great Plains? What version are you running? The refund cheques module will allow you to do this, but it requires that you pay the customer back with a cheque ie can'...

Problem while processing Reconcile
We have a purchase order with 20 line items, we have received 17 of it and 3 of the line items are cancelled. Now, the status of the purchase order is closed and the status of 17 lineitems is received while the other 3 line items are cancelled. Now, reconcile was performed. It showed a report stating that error occurred in that particular purchase order and the status of line items as cancelled are changed to received and the status of the purchase order is changed from closed to open. What's the problem? Why it is happening? How to make it function correctly? Thanks for the hel...

Credit card processing company
Hello Everyone. I am having problem with credit card process set up. Our company made contract with Bank of America and received 'Visanet software parameter download sheet' According to Bank of America sales person, it does not need any 3rd party credit card processing software such as PC charge or ICverify to connect POS and credit card merchant. However I am getting 'Failure CV' message when I tried to process credit card sales. I saw Chase bank is only merchant that does not need 3rd party software from MS web page. Can anybody know our merchant provider is qualified to use ...