Dial UP

I have 2 store running RMS v1.3 and HQ.  I have permanently lost high-speed
internet at one location.  Can I run HQ client using a Dial-Up conection?

Also, what other solution(s) may be more effective?  Thanks
0
Steve3367 (862)
5/4/2008 9:54:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Steve,

I do believe that it is possible to run HQ client using Dial-up since the
minimum bandwith required is somewhere around 56Kbps. I would suggest that
you download the free version of Hamachi from www.logmein.com to ensure that
the IP addresses remain constant.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Don

>I have 2 store running RMS v1.3 and HQ.  I have permanently lost high-speed
> internet at one location.  Can I run HQ client using a Dial-Up conection?
>
> Also, what other solution(s) may be more effective?  Thanks

0
phillipd1 (29)

exchange & dial-up
I am receiving my mail on outlook through an exchange server when I am at work. I want to receive my mails when I am home through outlook also and to be saved to the same PST file. Which settings I should set into outlook? If anyone knows please help. Have you talked to your Exchange admin at work, if you have one? What do they have set up in your office for remote users? Perhaps you can use Outlook Web Access - or VPN to your network and use Outlook to connect directly to your Exchange mailbox. Why are you using a PST file for mail delivery when you have Exchange, btw? anonymous@disc...

dialing from contacts
what do i need to do to use outlook to dial from my computer. I have set up my headset and it will dial out but nothing after the connection is made. I can hear them but they can't hear me. Do I need to install a different modem eg TAPI 3.1 and then what gateway number do I use. Or do I need to talk to my long distance provider or phone co for something on their end. ...

Dial up
here at work we have three computers networked together. The other two networks dial onto the internet through my computer (server) Lately, the computer is always dialing up. We have to pay for online time. How can I easily fine the program that keeps doing this???? Kathy this newsgroup is for the purpose of discussions around a software package called Microsoft CRM. Try posting to a group more focused around operating systems such as microsoft.public.windowsxp where you will be able to get more focused help "Kathy" <aitkinhdwds@emily.net> wrote in message news:0bbe01c...

how to import msn dial up address book to outlook?
I recently got ms outlook professional and can't figure out how to get my msn dial up address book into the outlook program. chriszilla <chriszilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently got ms outlook professional and can't figure out how to > get my msn dial up address book into the outlook program. In what program do you find the MSN dial-up address book? -- Brian Tillman ...

Dial UP
I have 2 store running RMS v1.3 and HQ. I have permanently lost high-speed internet at one location. Can I run HQ client using a Dial-Up conection? Also, what other solution(s) may be more effective? Thanks Hi Steve, I do believe that it is possible to run HQ client using Dial-up since the minimum bandwith required is somewhere around 56Kbps. I would suggest that you download the free version of Hamachi from www.logmein.com to ensure that the IP addresses remain constant. Best of luck. Regards, Don "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9...

Analog Black Dial
Price:$95.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001J186UK Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001J186UK Sparkle and shine. Stark black dial is set in a light silver tone case and contour bracelet with clear crystal accents. Pair with your favorite evening ensemble and wear it out on-the-town. Folding clasp33mm3-hand quartz analog movementWater resistant up to 5 ATM11-year limited warrantyImported SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Super Mario Galaxy:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000FQ9QVI ACCESSORIES: Chronograph Grey Dial:http://bestdeallocator.info/...

Bulova 98W12 Diamond Series Mother of Pearl Dial Women's Watch Recommendation Discount Watches
Bulova 98W12 Diamond Series Mother of Pearl Dial Women's Watch Recommendation Discount Watches Bulova 98W12 Diamond Series Mother of Pearl Dial Women's Watch Site: http://bulova-watches.pxhelp.com/Bulova-wristwatch-910.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Quality Bulova Watches: http://bulova-watches.pxhelp.com/ Bulova 98W12 Diamond Series Mother of Pearl Dial Women's Watch AdditionalInfo : Watches Brand : Bulova Watches ( http://bulova-watches.pxhelp.com/ ) Gender : Ladies Model : bulova-watch-98W12 Also Called : Case Material : Two-tone ...

Dialing Setup
I am using OL 2000 with XP Pro and am in the process of trying to set up my contact list for phone calls. OL is putting a "1" in front of all my local phone contacts making the number to call 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. Can I make a global change to get rid of the 1 or do I have to remove the 1 on each contact? Will OL 2000 (or XP Pro) support the use of a voice modem? I'd like to use a microphone to make hands free calls. Thanks. Remove the option to dial '1' in your modem dialing properties in the Control panel. "jane" <nospam@nothere.com> wrote in message new...

preventing outlook from dialing in automatically
I am having a problem with Microsoft Outlook Ver. 2000 I have taken out the suggested settings on the Microsoft Website to prevent the program from connecting automatically but to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly accepted. Kind regards Martin Kerrigan Is your machine set to connect to the Internet automatically when needed (in IE)? "Martin Kerrigan" <martyk@nireland.com> wrote in message news:080b01c3aa9a$82c06c00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am having a problem with Microsoft Outlook Ver. 2000 > I have taken out the suggested settings on the Microsoft > We...

Stop dialing prefix 1
I have nternet phome service and it does not like to dail the prefix 1 for my long distance calls. Yet Outlook automatically dails the number 1 for my calls (US), preventing me from using the beloved phone dialing feature. Is there anyway to stop Outlook from dialing '1' for calls, I can't seem to find it. Thanks Kita This isn't an Outlook question. Outlook doesn't dial. It uses the Windows dialer. How the Windows dialer dials is controlled by the dialing rules you create. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <kita@kit.com> wrote in message news:ro0ct11p46454o82i8...

Dial over GAL
Hi @ all, is there a way to dial directly over the Global Address List in Exchange?? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Tim On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 17:40:13 +0200, "OnlyME" <nospam@invalid> wrote: >Hi @ all, > >is there a way to dial directly over the Global Address List in >Exchange?? > >Thanks in advance. > >Best regards, >Tim Dial ? ...

no dial up
Outlook2000 will not dial my internet provider when I click on send recieve like it used to. I am using Win 2000. On options /connection I have it set for internet explorer or 3rd party dialer. Internet explorer will dial up however. Does anyone know how to correct this? Allen --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.672 / Virus Database: 434 - Release Date: 28/04/2004 "Allen" <allencelsie@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%Lbkc.41654$OU.970092@news20.bellglobal.com... > Outlook2000 will not...

Dial up and LAN confusion !
Just untangled a HP nx9005 lap/note/top/book's Dial-Up and LAN connections ! Owner only has access to dial up. The LAN connection had proxy settings in it - same as those required in the dial-up connection properties, (proxy settings - www-cache.orangehome.co.uk), So when connecting it to my router / LAN lead, (at diff. location - at my place), it seemed to trying to route through the above server name yielding IE's "unable to connect to server" etc. Deleting those proxy settings in the LAN connection properties, and selected LAN's "Automatically ...

No automatic dial-up
I am using Outlook2002. There is no automatic dial up when I start Outlook. I think this is caused by using two profiles (I have to make a choice first which profile I want to use). Can someone confirm this or even better does someone know the solution? Outlook 2002 and higher will dial up on launch once you set an automatic polling interval for a mail account in Tools > Send/Receive Groups. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025601c3c93a$09569060$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook2002. > Th...

Outlook and dial-up.
I'm thinking of getting Office 2010 with Outlook and I would like to know since I have dial-up if that will present any problems in connecting Outlook to my email accounts. Thanks for the help. Frank pawnraider wrote: > I'm thinking of getting Office 2010 with Outlook and I would like to > know > since I have dial-up if that will present any problems in connecting > Outlook > to my email accounts. Thanks for the help. > > Frank No, it won't be a problem. it will work just fine (but slow) over dialup. Larry the IT Guy --------...

Dialing
How can I stop Outlook 2002 from dialing every time I start Outlook. It sounds like your dialing properties are set to "Dial Automatically" If when you open Internet Explorer it dials to the internet automatically then i am very certain that the "Dial Automatically" option is checked. When outlook is opened it automatically trys to look for new emails thus causing the internet to dial and connect to the email server. You can try changing the options in Outlook to NOT "Send/Receive" on opening Outlook and this may fix your problem. Another solution may...

wireless & dial-up
I have dial-up at home and wireless at my daughters where I babysit my grandson every day. When I try to send an email from Live Mail from my daughter's wireless it tell me it can't connect to my dial-up server. What do I need to change? Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection. What does it show for connection? You should leave that setting unselected, in which case WLM will use=20 whatever connection IE uses. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "spa...

Auto Dial
I have Outlook set up to use my calling card. This is very convenient for most calls, but there is a problem. Every time Outlook autodials a toll-free number, it first dials the calling card. Is there a way to prevent auto dial from using the calling card for toll free-numbers? Thank you, Wolfv ...

Dialing from Outlook
I would like to be able to use Outlook to dial my phone numbers, as it can at the moment. However, when I click on talk, I would like the sound to go via my head set plugged into my PC instead of having to pick up the handset. Is this possible? Even better, I would like to be able to record the conversations on to hard disk as a Journal or Phone Call Entry. Can anybody help? Is this possible? Please reply to Nik@Korda[REMOVE THIS].Biz You need to pick up the handset for the call to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intac...

dial up settings
I have a new PC (Windows XP home) and Office 2003. If I run Outlook and click "Send and Receive", a dial up connection is established and I receive email correctly. The dial up connection remains open, which is OK. If I then compose email and click "Send", it is sent correctly. However, if I do not have a dial up connection established when I compose email, when I click "Send" a pop-up box appears with an error message saying that there was a mail send error. I have to close this and click "Send and Receive" separately. Is this normal? I would have expe...

Dial up Problem
I've two users who dial in (via modems) to collect mail, both have WinXp pro laptops, one with OL2k and the other OL2k3. Both can login to the domain and browse the two NT4 servers - nt-pdc (data files) and nt-bdc (exchange), but only the OL2k box can connect to the exchange. When I try to add an exchange account for the OL2k3 user, I enter the exchange name and mailbox name and 'check name' - all that happens is the app 'hangs'. I've put both server IP's in LMHOSTS and tried various authentication methods - MSCHAP, CHAP, etc - with the same result. I found KB813...

dial-up disconnect
I've recently tried to set up Outlook on a new Windows XP account with the same settings as my old account. I haven't been successful in finding the control that allows my dial-up connection to stay connected until I close Outlook (or choose to manually disconnect). Currently the new account disconnects automatically after a "send/receive" process. The goal is to connect when "send/receive" is initiated and stay connected. Does anyone know where I can find this control? Thanks in advance, Mark I'd set Outlook to use a LAN connection then set Windo...

email and a dial-up connection problems
I use outlook 2000 and my primary internet connection is DSL. I check my pop email account without issue and send email with out issue. When I travel I use a dialup ISP but my mail will not send and does not always pull from the server. Any ideas? Andy andrew@tklcorp.com ...

not dialing, but can access through Explorer
Hello, My problem with outlook express is that it won't dial up and just freezes. But, if I dial up through Explorer first and hit the "read mail" button on top, I can access everything, and it continues to work fine. Thank you for any help. Sean ...

International/ slow dial up use
How do companies deal with users who travel internationally for long periods of time and/or must use slow dial up connections to access exchange email? We have a VPN which can be used for direct access to exchange through Outlook and also use OWA on exchange 2003. Users complain that both of these methods are "too slow" when used internationally. We've modified send/receive groups so that they don't synch any folders, but only send and receive and email, but they still complain that is very slow (previously we just used a pop server). Same with using OWA on the basic setti...