deposit to keep??

When you cancel a layaway and rms ask you if you want  deposit to keep and
you say ok, what happens to the money and where does that money go?  and is
there a way to turn off that button?
0
JackT (70)
2/21/2006 8:06:27 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Safety Deposit
Good morning / Afternoon all Here is the scenario: In december we received an invoice for rent for $8,000, and a Safety Deposit Note for $8,000 my AP clerk registered the Safety Deposit Note as an invoice in order to create a check from AP module i need to mention that this company uses multicurrency and Dollars are not the Functional Currency (that's why she couldn't create a miscellaneous check in the first place). Now we receive another invoice for rent for $8,000 that its going to be paid with the deposit. My AP clerk registered the Invoice on the module. Right now on GL we don&#...

401k cash payments Vs. Deposits
If anyone can help. I have a 401k that I'm tracking. When I look at the total value, it is much less then it should be. The cash that I put into the account is being downloaded and put in as a payment not as a deposit which makes my cash input look like a negative. You would think it would add up to the whole total of the account, not as a seperate item and in a negative amount. Can anyone tell why it does this and how maybe to fix it. Thanks I'm not sure you provide enough information to tell what's happening. In particular, it's not clear to me what you mean when you...

Match deposits by amount?
When reconciling a bank statement, this messages pops up: "Are you sure you want to match deposits by amount within the eight day grace period? Yes or No" This is only occurring in one of many companies. Does anyone happen to know what this means or why it is activating in this one company? Thanks! I would like to know the answer to this question as well. If you click "no" it gives you the option to change the number of days. However, I'm not really sure what I'm changing. -- Jeff Bingham Accountant "danrose03" wrote: > When reconciling ...

Need to keep reattaching tables
I migrated a FE-BE database to Access 2007. Now, everytime the computer is shut off and turned back on, we have to keep reattaching the tables through the linked table manager. This is annoying. How can I insure that the link stays each time? Thank you for your help. ...

How do I enter a deposit that is not a recurring deposit?
How do I enter a deposit that is not a recurring deposit? If it's a one-time deposit, enter it directly into the register. You can also set it up like you would a recurring deposit and indicate that it only happens once. "Don Stowell" <dnsworld@gpoffice.com> wrote in message news:u9qnwmrhDHA.2408@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do I enter a deposit that is not a recurring deposit? > > ...

Bank Transactions not available for deposit in the Bank Deposits Window
We are on GP 10.00.1757 and are having issues with bank transactions not being visible in the Bank Deposits Window. In the current scenario three transactions were entered in the bank transactions window. When I attempt to make the deposit in the Bank Deposits window for the appropriate checking account only one of the three transactions is available to deposit. All three transactions are posted to the GL and are visible in the Financial Summary Inquiry window as a debit to the correct bank account as well as a credit in the corresponding account. Why would these bank transactions not show...

why do i keep getting undeliverable message?
I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or something. now just get undeliverable from system admin. Do you have Symantec AntiVirus scanning outgoing mail? If so, try turning it off, at least temporarily, to see if it fixes the issue. Also, check with your ISP to see if they're having mail server issues. "sarah" <sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31F0667C-125C-4102-858B-FA4AE08305B3@microsoft.com... >I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or > something. now just get undeliv...

editing budgets from a managed scheduled deposit
I have added my salary into the 'managed scheduled deposit' section giving details as 'every other week'. The budget, however, under the heading of 'review your current budget status' shows double the actuals amount. (That is the budget shows an incorrect amount compared to the actuals forecasted in the scheduled deposit page). If I select "Wages and Salary : Gross Pay" and click on 'edit item' at the bottom of the page, the pop-up window asks me what to edit. When I click on the the down arrow, the salary account shows three transaction re...

Deposit slip?
I want to print deposit slips from a spreadsheet. I don't find any templates or samples. I can make my own except for the special font and machine codes that the bank and account number are printed in. Anybody know how to do this? Thanks Google sez http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bank+check+font+&aq=f&oq= njem wrote: > I want to print deposit slips from a spreadsheet. I don't find any > templates or samples. I can make my own except for the special font > and machine codes that the bank and account number are printed in. > Anybody know how to do this? &g...

Match Multiple Deposits to one Recurning Deposit???
I have set up a Recuring Deposit for what my roomate pays me for rent. It is setup as a manual deposit, fixed amount, and to be automatically added to my register. She has a tendency to pay me from two seperate accounts -- (1) a check, which I deposit into checking account (2) a direct transer from her checking to my checkking account The amounts change from month to month with regards to what she pays by check and transfers directly into my checking account. Is there a way to match up the 2 payments/deposits to my recurring deposit? ...

Direct deposit deductions
I am having deductions direct deposited to the vendors checking account. Unfortunetly the deduction amount does not role into the check reconciliation. I have to do a manual adjustment for each payperiod for the deduction amount that came out of our checking account. This appears to be a simple programming issue. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggest...

How to keep track of discounts in GP?
Hello: We are having problems keeping track of discounts in GL. This is the scenario: When a SOP is issued, in order to calculate the price, we do the following: we have a X-item the base list price listed as $100, but this price list, the base one, is only use as a referral to other price lists that we have. So if there's a price list for Supermarkets called, "SUPER A", and the client is a supermarket obviously, this same X-item appears with a 90% of the price, meaning that it's actual price is $90, but if there's another price list for a special offer or sales, w...

can't change/delete bills and deposits
suddenly one day i realized that when i tried to change a bill, i could click "ok" but nothing would happen. I thought it was because i upgraded to 2004, so i deleted the bills and rescheduled. about 5 of the bills will not delete either. the error message is: "Money could not write to your Money file. The operation could not be performed or another application finished this task before you. Please try again." Now some of the newly scheduled bills will not allow me to change the properties, i click ok but nothing happens when i edit the series. I have repaired ...

Bank Deposit Entry Timeout
I have greater than 1 million bank deposit entry transactions that need to be posted in the Bank Deposit Entry window. This is due to the way that the GP-RMS integration imports individual receipts from RMS into GP. The system locks up or times out everytime I attempt to process anything in the Bank Deposit Entry window. I have tried 1) Marking All and letting it run, but it locks up 2) Filtering the deposits by date for only 1 day, and it appears to work, then I select "Mark All" and it locks up I dont know any other solution to getting these deposits posted. Ha...

Can I keep the bubbles in my bubble chart from overlapping?
I'd like to create a bubble chart in which the bubbles don't overlap. I have 15 data points I need to include, and bubbles seem to be the only 3-variable chart available (I wish I could do bars where the bar width was linked to a 3rd variable - that possible?). Currently, the smaller bubbles are fine, but the larger data points are overlapping and even covering up some of the smaller ones right next to them. If you sort your data high to low, at least the smaller bubbles will be drawn on top of the larger ones, so they will not be completely obscured. - Jon ------- Jon Peltie...

Recurring Deposits Help
I have a recurring deposit of a paycheck that will be a certain amount for the next 3 months, until the end of the year. Next year, 2005, since my paycheck will be a different amount, I entered another recurring deposit to start from January 2005 for a monthly frequency. Here is the problem: When I go into the Budget feature in Money 2004, the income section shows two income streams. One for the current recurring deposit until the end of 2004 and the other one I set to start in January 2005 which throws off the income amount that I have to spend. It says that I have way more incom...

Keep phone number fomatting from excel to print on WORD labels
With an older version of Microsoft Office when phone numbers in excel were formatted (555) 555-5555 and you mail merged them to a WORD label the formatting printed on to the label. The new version of these programs just types the numbers of 5555555555 without the ( ) and the -. I would like the formatting of the excel file to transfer to the WORD labels. If you format a cell as Special > Phone number and enter 1234567890 it will display as : (123) 456-7890 When the cell is copied and pasted into Word the formatting is preserved. -- Gary''s Student "Thelma Theiler&quo...

Keep receiving duplicated emails
Dear Guru, I have the same issue as James posted om August 2005. The topic is : Help on this: keep receiving multiple emails I always download the same email message for multiple times. One of my colleague has same issue. I do not have "leave a copy of massage" option enabled. Which means outlook will delete the email on the server once I downloaded it. And the outlook is sp2 already. Can someone please help me on this? Thanks for your help and time. g1973627@gmail.com <g1973627@gmail.com> wrote: > I always download the same email message for multiple times...

Normal.dotx not keeping its settings
I have a user thats experiencing problems with Word 2007. They keep loosing macros and the font and font size keep resetting. Also the horizontal scroll bar is missing from Excel. MS Word is running on an XP OS with the latest service pack. All running on a Novell backbone. Any help would be appreciated. Barry The normal template for Word 2007 is normal.dotm. dotx templates cannot store macros. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site w...

Message keeps popping up!
We recently moved from bridging to routing and users in remote locations are now receiving the following error message "Requesting data from Microsoft Exchange Server". I have modified the LHMosts and HOSTS files on those PCs and this did not help resolve the problem. Email is being delivered... but the "Requesting data from Microsoft Exchange Server" message keeps popping up... which is now becoming annoying to remote users. Thanks, Mar "Mar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We recently moved from bridging Now _there's_ a...

email downloads keep repeating
Recently every time I startup MS Office Outlook 2003 the same emails download. I need to know why this action started and how to stop it. I am on a dialup connection which is extremely slow and don't wish to waste my time as the same 10 or so keep appearing. New emails don't download until the repeating ones finish downloading. Wren wrote: > Recently every time I startup MS Office Outlook 2003 the same emails > download. I need to know why this action started and how to stop it. I am > on a dialup connection which is extremely slow and don't wish to w...

Automatic Deposits
I have a recurring deposit set up in the bills and deposits for my weekly paycheck. I have it as an estimate though because it is different every week. My bank also allows me to download statements so when I run Money, it downloads the statement and finds that paycheck deposit in there and adds it to the register. Is there a way that it can recognize it as the same scheduled deposit in the bills and deposits section? After it adds it, that scheduled deposit is still there. Select the paycheck deposit that came from the download and click on the change button. You should then be ...

How does one keep the MSN interface OUT of Outlook?
I use a different IM program and don't particularly like MSN, ESPECIALLY because it seems bound and determined to integrate itself with every application I own. Sorry, I don't like that. The problem is, every time I open Outlook now, it loads MSN and asks me to log in. Is there any way to remove this application without disabling Outlook? I know there must be - but they sure make the directions as to how to do it darned hard to find. Yes, it is unchecked. The program still comes up when I first open Outlook and asks for me to set up MSN. My bet is that it is one of those ...

Why does the source on Page Setup keep changing from 'sheet' to '.
Have been trying to print a 4 page folded brochure on 11 x 17 paper. After setting both the Page Setup and the Print Properties to the proper settings, then attempt to print. Sometime during the loading to the printer the settings are changed from 'sheet' to 'CD/DVD' in the Source on the Page setup or the paper is changed to 8 1/2 x 11. Have checked with Epson and they have clarified that it's not a printer problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Open the printer folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, click printing preferences, be cert...

Bills and Deposits
I had to reload Money after a cleaning up from a virus attack on my PC. I saved my mny file and opened MOney with it. Everything works except I can't access Bills and Deposits. Money returns "Money doesn't know which place to load. Any idea how to fix that without losing the account list info? If you've reinstalled Money, then you may need to ensure you have the latest updates to IE (or perhaps run a repair on IE). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for M...