Delete button missing on HQ Global Customers list

I have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server are
running HQ 1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access
opens HQ Manager, enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global
Customers, the Delete button is visible for a split second and then
vanishes. The one user that can see and use the Delete button can use
it from any PC, so it appears to be related to the user account, except
that the button is missing when running HQ Manager on the Server. As
far as I can tell, the users that cannot see the Delete button have
exactly the same permissions and level. There are no security settings
set to disable the button that I can find, and I don't think any
customization has ever been done in Set Security mode. I have tried
copying the working user account, but the copy cannot see the button.
The Delete button used to be available for the other users until
recently, but I cannot pinpoint the time that it changed or what may
have caused the change. We recently upgraded from an earlier version of
1.3, but I am not certain that is when the button disappeared. Any
ideas?

0
jknowles1 (2)
10/19/2006 7:25:33 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0377_01C6F386.152DAD00

J,

First, update NOW!  1.3.1002 has a _serious_ bug that affects your =
pricing, on hands and committed

Second, pretty sure you can no longer delete Global Customers without =
using a 601 worksheet anymore.

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  <jknowles@newagedigital.com> wrote in message =
[...]

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>J,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>First, update NOW!&nbsp; 1.3.1002 has a =
_serious_ bug=20
that&nbsp;affects your pricing, on hands and committed</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Second, pretty sure you can no longer delete =
Global=20
Customers without using a 601 worksheet anymore.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>&lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:jknowles@newagedigital.com">jknowles@newagedigital.com</A>=
&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:1161285933.880690.190890@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com">news:1=
161285933.880690.190890@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server =
are<BR>running HQ=20
  1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access<BR>opens HQ =
Manager,=20
  enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global<BR>Customers, the =
Delete=20
  button is visible for a split second and then<BR>vanishes. The one =
user that=20
  can see and use the Delete button can use<BR>it from any PC, so it =
appears to=20
  be related to the user account, except<BR>that the button is missing =
when=20
  running HQ Manager on the Server. As<BR>far as I can tell, the users =
that=20
  cannot see the Delete button have<BR>exactly the same permissions and =
level.=20
  There are no security settings<BR>set to disable the button that I can =
find,=20
  and I don't think any<BR>customization has ever been done in Set =
Security=20
  mode. I have tried<BR>copying the working user account, but the copy =
cannot=20
  see the button.<BR>The Delete button used to be available for the =
other users=20
  until<BR>recently, but I cannot pinpoint the time that it changed or =
what=20
  may<BR>have caused the change. We recently upgraded from an earlier =
version=20
  of<BR>1.3, but I am not certain that is when the button disappeared.=20
  Any<BR>ideas?<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0377_01C6F386.152DAD00--

0
spam3944 (2163)
10/19/2006 8:54:23 PM
Thanks Jeff,

I supposed that might be the case, but it is nice to get confirmation.
It was just strange to see one user that still had the button. And the
HQ Manager help has instructions on the 601 and the delete button in
different places. Thanks again, and I'll see about upgrading ASAP.

Jeff wrote:
> [...]
>   can see and use the Delete button can use<BR>it from any PC, so it appears to
>   be related to the user account, except<BR>that the button is missing when
>   running HQ Manager on the Server. As<BR>far as I can tell, the users that
>   cannot see the Delete button have<BR>exactly the same permissions and level.
>   There are no security settings<BR>set to disable the button that I can find,
>   and I don't think any<BR>customization has ever been done in Set Security
>   mode. I have tried<BR>copying the working user account, but the copy cannot
>   see the button.<BR>The Delete button used to be available for the other users
>   until<BR>recently, but I cannot pinpoint the time that it changed or what
>   may<BR>have caused the change. We recently upgraded from an earlier version
>   of<BR>1.3, but I am not certain that is when the button disappeared.
>   Any<BR>ideas?<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

Specific Fill Color selection missing?!?
Excel 97 - been using the same template for months. Extensively use the Light Yellow fill color. Today, I open the worksheet and the Light Yellow cells have been replaced by more gold-like color. In fact, where Light Yellow once positioned was in the selection box (directly below Yellow), a color labeled "Color Scheme" is now present. How do I get the Light Yellow selection back? This is driving me crazy and even affects previously saved spreadsheets. Ideas? Go to Tools | Options | Color (tab) | Reset (button) -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/p...

customize lookup view filters
allow modifications to lookup view filters in order to display active OR inactive records ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5f27178f-9284-4c72-afde-b388848e6c...

Cannot delete subreport

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Rule for Deleted Items

Outlook client buttons do not work
I have installed the Outlook client and the folder show up, the data displays, but the buttons on the Outlook toolbar (e.g. Track in CRM) do not do anything. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure I know where to look to try and find the resolution to this problem. Saira Saira, Try adding your crm site to the Intranet Trusted Sites in IE's Internet Options settings. Tools> Internet Options...> Internet Security> Local Intranet icon> Sites...> Advanced... Good luck, -Christian Hey i was having same problem in different way .Track in CRM was not ther...

Button to change borders
What I'm after is the VB code to get a button to change a blank cell to have it checked, i.e diagonal lines through it. Can anyone help? -- dixonpeter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dixonpeter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395282 Try this: Sub Macro1() With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 0 .Pattern = xlLightDown .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic End With End Sub "dixonpeter"...

Excel VBA
I have a drop-down list that populates from a range of cells. This rang of cells includes criteria for several regions: test1 test2 test3 test4 test5 test6 test7 test8 test9 What I need to do is if user selects Region 1, drop-down displays: test1 test2 test3 If user selects Region 2, drop-down displays: test4 test5 test6 If user selects Region 3, drop-down displays: test7 test8 test9 Should I break up the lists into separate lists and use an II statement? If so, can someone show me how I would implement this? Or is the best solution for this a macro or VBA module. I'm not sure ho to ap...

Missing Inbox, Folders & Address Book
I recently had to have a new hard drive installed. all of my old data was placed on the new hard drive in a folder called OldData. When I bought the PC, it came with Microsoft Office XP preinstalled. But I was not able to find the disks, so I aquired and installed microsoft Office XP 2003. I have two problems: 1) I don't know where to look to find my old inbox, folders, Address Book and anything else associated with my old Outlook environment. I also need to find my wife's data as well. She uses a separate identity. 2) Once I know where it is, I need to find out where to put it in o...

Delete macros

Making changes to customizations.xml and re-importing
On one of my first installations, using the wizard, I made the mistake of renaming accounts to vendors. Using customization, I went into the account entity and changed every reference to vendor to account that I could. But in some of the public views, like when I click account using Internet Explorer the first column says vendor name. If I export customizations and open the customizations.xml in FrontPage I can find all the references to vendor name. [We have a graphic design department, so we are a little familiar with XML, but the inpact of changes on MS CRM 3.0. They feel it is s...

contacts list for Outlook 2007
I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use my Contacts list as an address book. When I right click on properties, and go to the Outlook address book tab. The box for "Show this folder for an email address book is not checked. The item is greyed and will not allow me to check the box. I have multiple folders and all have the same problem. This is a new install of Office 2007 ultimate. How do I increase Office functionality to allow me to change this setting. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and using the repair function, neither option works. -- Eddy Jr ...

Tree customization
Actually the tree is very big, suppose I want to create my own folde based on mail rules, now also the tree is growing. But some of the tre nodes, I am not using, like Calendar, Notes, Journal, Tasks. So I want to group these under som folder or hide them. Is this possible with any customization? Ramesh ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com rameshkuamrp <rameshkuamrp.129tpz@outlookforum.com> wrote: > Actually the tree is very big, suppose I want to crea...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

recent documents list
When opening Word, the "recent documents" list does not appear. I followed instructions in the "Options" menu, but the appropriate box is dimmed. So I can't check it to enable this feature. Gretchen <Gretchen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When opening Word, the "recent documents" list does not appear. Why are you posting this in a Publisher discussion group??? Gretchen, Have you used an anti-spyware tool and removed the MRU lists along with the other malware. "Gretchen" <Gretchen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Customer / Item Table Name
What is the name of the Customer / Item Table in the database? Thanks in advance! Can you please clarify? Are you looking the Historical Sales Transactions table.? "Banner" wrote: > What is the name of the Customer / Item Table in the database? Thanks in > advance! I think you're looking for the Sales Customer Item Cross Reference Table which is SOP60300 You may be looking for SOP60300. "Banner" wrote: > What is the name of the Customer / Item Table in the database? Thanks in > advance! That's it, thanks! Bryan "VGrinam" wrot...