Decompress Journal

I need decompress the ReceiptCompressed field into journal table.

Somebody help me?

att.,
JF
0
Flores (4)
10/18/2006 9:52:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We write RMS add on applications and are a gold ceritfied partner.  Microsoft
will not allow anybody to make changes to or extract information from the
journal.  It is encrypted and they will not provide the unencryption
information or tell you how to extract or insert anything into the journal.
We have requested this for a long time.  your best bet is to export your
"well filtered" sales report information into Excel and manipulate that
information.

FYI: The journal does not contain the kind of numeric information you are
looking for.  I think it only stores enough info to perform a search.  This
is because it acutally stores pictures of the receipts created by POS at the
time of the sale.  So there is not really good data there anyway.  All the
good stuff is in the [transaction] table.

"Jaime Flores" wrote:

> I need decompress the ReceiptCompressed field into journal table.
>
> Somebody help me?
>
> att.,
> JF

XT Journal entry types are now wrong since I moved up from 2000
Since I moved up to XT my Journal entry choices have changed from email, phone,ext. to 4 choises listed as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FrontPage. Is this an error or mistake? how do you correct this. ...

Contacts under Journal cannot delete???

How do you decompress compressed files on XP-Home Ed.?
I had compressed some unused files some time ago on my desktop Document files, but just now I wanted to access one of those files which had database files in it (it was Avery labels database files), so when I clicked on one of those file names I had set up in the Avery program for labels I use occasionally, the Avery program pop-up window said that the database no longer exists for that file, so I would have to re-set up that label again. The files in that folder were compressed to save disc space, but I didn't realize those particular files were compressed until I wanted to ...

Receipt not in journal
Have anyone had a problem where POS freeze at tender,POS shutdown and the receipt is not in journal BUT Strangely the Receipt is in Void transaction. What can be causing this and what is the possible solutions >thankz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01CAC1D8.AFC4FDE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Trinidave, It happens when the machines are not setup correctly; Follow these instructions on all RMS Server and Register machines = (machines you install SQL on) ...

Journalling
Wierdo this. I have journalling switched ON, but nothing journals. I've tried the obvious - switch off, reboot, switch on, reboot. no joy :-( Any ideas ??? Eoin Bair�ad Dublin, Ireland. ...

Mail loop when sending journaled mail off site
I am following a mail journaling guide found at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3Journal/bb50f14a-46dd-4b5a-95ba-21f3715ea02a.mspx and am doing full envelope journaling to an internal address that then forwards all email to an off-site SMTP address. The problem I have is that the mail from the internal journaling mailbox to the outside off-site address is journaled, then that journaled email is sent off-site and then journaled, then that journaled mail is sent off-site and journaled etc, etc and etc. I want to exempt mail from the internal journaling mailbox f...

Decompress Journal
I need decompress the ReceiptCompressed field into journal table. Somebody help me? att., JF We write RMS add on applications and are a gold ceritfied partner. Microsoft will not allow anybody to make changes to or extract information from the journal. It is encrypted and they will not provide the unencryption information or tell you how to extract or insert anything into the journal. We have requested this for a long time. your best bet is to export your "well filtered" sales report information into Excel and manipulate that information. FYI: The journal does not con...

Journal Images
Would anyone know how to QUERY the Journal table to actually "SEE" the ReceiptCompressed (image, null) field? ...

Journal
I have journal running in Outlook in Office XP but so far it only records items in Access and Excel. I want it to record Email stuff too but when I open the box that enables me to add entry types (Tools-Options-Journal), I can only choose contacts in the upper pane. There is no other option in top right. Below, all I am offered is Access and Excel. How can I add all email (and Word?) ...

Decompress gz file
We have a file downloaded from another company in the format filename.csv.gz that apparently was compressed with GZipStream. I would like to create a class that decompresses it (which it does with WinZip) from an asp.net page. I found the code below in msdn that is suppose to work. However, the line that reads Decompress.CopyTo(outFile) gives an error that CopyTo is not a method in GZipStream. Can anyone help me resolve this? It seems like a clean process if I can get it to work. Thanks. Private Sub Decompress(ByVal fi As FileInfo) ' Get the stream of th...

Another Journal Question
Is there a way to have it record for all contacts, not just the ones in my list? IE., If I reply to an email from someone that is not in my contacts list. ...

Journal troubles
Hi, I'm having trouble using Journal in a shared mailbox. Basically, we have a mail account that is used by 3 people. I have set it up as an additional mailbox in Outlook 2000 for all 3 of us and we all have delegate access. This is working well, we share the contacts, sent items and inbox. However, I need items to be automatically recorded in the journal. There are multiple problems: 1. I have to actually log on as the 'mail account' to get the journal to work - is there a way round this? 2. I want the journal to backdate and pick up all the messages we've already ...

slow decompressing OAB
Occasionally my outlook client will take a long time decompressing the OAB during synchronization. Is this normal? What causes this to take so long? Windows XP,Outlook 2003 sp1, Exchange5.5 sp4. ...

Duplicate Journal Entry #
Under what circumstances can a duplicate J/E # be created? I have one created and posted to Dec, 2009 and the same J/E number created and posted to Jan, 2010. Looking at the GL20000 and GL30000 records (1-DR, 1-CR row in each table), they appear to be the reversal of a reversal. Each has the same TRXSORCE and ORTRXSRC codes, but there are differences in the Sequence number and the PSTGNMBR/PPSGNMBR columns. Ken Ken, Reversing entries and recurring GL entries will have the same journal entry number. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? ...

Journal
H I'm fairly new to Outlook and very new to the Journal. I have a couple of questions 1 - having just set up the journal can I get it to look at my diary/emails for the last couple of months and recreate the journal entries for those items 2 - when I create a new contact, how do I get the journal to automatically record any future items Thanks in advance for your help 1. No. 2. Go into the properties for Journal and enable the tracking of activities for the new contact. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (inse...

E2K7 mail loop with journaling
Hey everyone, Well, I was hoping this behavior would be gone but it looks like it still exists. In E2K7 standard, when I set journaling on a mail store (standard journaling) and then set that user up with a forwarding rule (to our external archiving vendor) I see a vicious mail loop. Now of course, this only occurs when all of the users are in the same mail store but I was hoping that something would have been done about it in the new version. Anyone got a good answer on how to solve this? I'm guessing the answer is to simply setup another mail store and put the journal user in...

Journal Problem
I want to automatically enter all contacts to several people in my journal. Problem: , The receipient list isn't complete.. It goes from names starting with "A" only to "J". Where the rest of the names go? ...

Outlook 2003 Journal #2
Does anyone know if I can use Outlook 2003's Journal feature to track files other than Microsoft documents?? I'm particularly interested in tracking Autocad 2007 files. I don't know if it's still around but a few years ago there was an AutoCAD addin for Outlook journaling. See if you can find it in a list of AutoCAD addins on their Web site. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm <pbru...

Journaling only captures CC field
That pretty much sums up the problem. We are running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server and the journaling is being routed via an Active Directory Contact entry to a third party. Email that originates at my company has has an external email as the destination journals correctly. External email destined for my company also journals correctly. The problem is with internal emails. They are only journaled if there is an entry in the CC field. Help!!! Thanks. Dave On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:57:02 -0800, "Dave K." <DaveK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >That pret...

Exchange Journalling
Hi, We got an Exchange enterprise Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Installation. We enabled journaling and enveloping on the First Storage Group Mailbox store to a mailbox on another mailbox store in a secondary storage group. We never had any problems for a couple of months until lately; a small number of emails are getting stuck in the queue, under "Messages awaiting directory lookup". Once journaling is disabled and we force the connection, mails leave the server successfully. As the exchange server was a domain controller, this was demoted but the problem still persits. Note...

A way to decompress .SIT (stuffit) files in win98
I need to be able to open some old Stuffit archives on my windows 98 computer as it would be a PITA to decompress them on my PowerMac 6500 and then try to move them. They were accidentally burned to a CD compressed a while ago instead of the decompressed contents. My copy of Virtual PC 3.0 came with a version of Stuffit Expander for Windows 95 preinstalled when i got it over 10 years ago, so I know it's possible, but I don't know how to transfer it to my windows 98 computer as I did not have the installer. I can't find a win9x version of stuffit. I just need a free decom...

Exchange 5.5 journaling not working for some mailboxes
Hello all, I have a very strange problem with journaling on Exchange 5.5. I have enabled journaling of internal messages only (inbound messages through the IMS are not routing through the local store). The journalled messages are sent to a Custom Recipient which effectively sends the message to another server via SMTP. Everything works as expected for most users, however a couple of users don't get their mail journalled. I have verified the relevant registry settings several times, restarted relevant Exchange services and even rebooted the server without effect. The interesting thing...

POP Journal Report alteration
Hi posted this some weeks ago and no reply to date - im hoping it was just missed.. I want to alter the POP Receivings Posting Journal print - want to include fields from the Item Master table. Have not worked out a way to link thru the Item Master to this report - has anyone done this and how? thanks Theo ...

Does XP have a file to decompress *.gz files?
I hope this isn't too off-topic. I have XP media center and also XP home. Will these include a application to decompress files with the extention GZ. I know Winzip doesn't work. Thanks. Jack from Taxacola (formerly Pensacola), FL Jackson wrote: > I hope this isn't too off-topic. I have XP media center and > also XP home. Will these include a application to > decompress files with the extention GZ. I know Winzip > doesn't work. > > > Thanks. > Jack from Taxacola (formerly Pensacola), FL http://www.7zipdownload.com/ philo ...

Contact Journal
Is it possible to set up contacts (in Outlook '97) so that it makes a journal of all the emails and faxes that I sent to that person/company? If not, what is the journal function in contacts for? Peter You need to enable using the Journal. However, Outlook 97 Journal has some known issues with slow performance in Office. You might want to upgrade since it is now an unsupported program from Microsoft. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Peter Brown <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> typed: | Is it p...