Databse Utility

Good day,
     Quick question.....is there any database utility that can be used to
connect to the RMS databse, pull the relevant information, and convert it to
a CSV or Excel file . Then, after editing the csv or excel file.....convert
it back into the RMS database......Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Best regards,
Uttam Dookhran
0
uttam (11)
11/28/2007 7:34:00 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Excel can connect directly to the database.

--
Thank you,

Ryan Sakry
Program Manager
Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
rsakry@rite.us
http://www.rite.us
320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
320-230-1796 (Fax)
"uttam" <uttam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good day,
>     Quick question.....is there any database utility that can be used to
> connect to the RMS databse, pull the relevant information, and convert it
> a CSV or Excel file . Then, after editing the csv or excel
> file.....convert
> it back into the RMS database......Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.....
>
> Best regards,
> Uttam Dookhran

0
rsakry (322)
11/28/2007 9:25:08 PM
SO Admin - Connect - do Query - export to CSV...

To import I use QSCimport - doesn't work on RMS 2.0 - use excel ...

Dan
"Ryan @ RITE" <rsakry@rite.us> wrote in message
> Excel can connect directly to the database.
>
> --
> Thank you,
>
> Ryan Sakry
> Program Manager
> Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
> rsakry@rite.us
> http://www.rite.us
> 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
> 320-230-1796 (Fax)
> "uttam" <uttam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Good day,
>>     Quick question.....is there any database utility that can be used to
>> connect to the RMS databse, pull the relevant information, and convert it
>> a CSV or Excel file . Then, after editing the csv or excel
>> file.....convert
>> it back into the RMS database......Any help would be greatly
>> appreciated.....
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Uttam Dookhran

0
lane.dj (172)
11/28/2007 9:59:41 PM
Danny, what does not work in 2.0?  I imported a database into RMS 2.0 using
QSImport last week and it worked fine.

Kinnard

"Danny" wrote:

> SO Admin - Connect - do Query - export to CSV...
>
> To import I use QSCimport - doesn't work on RMS 2.0 - use excel ...
>
> Dan
> "Ryan @ RITE" <rsakry@rite.us> wrote in message
> > Excel can connect directly to the database.
> >
> > --
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Ryan Sakry
> > Program Manager
> > Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
> > rsakry@rite.us
> > http://www.rite.us
> > 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
> > 320-230-1796 (Fax)
> > "uttam" <uttam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Good day,
> >>     Quick question.....is there any database utility that can be used to
> >> connect to the RMS databse, pull the relevant information, and convert it
> >> a CSV or Excel file . Then, after editing the csv or excel
> >> file.....convert
> >> it back into the RMS database......Any help would be greatly
> >> appreciated.....
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Uttam Dookhran

0
Kinnard (133)
12/1/2007 3:28:00 PM
What are you trying do update or change that you want to directly modify the
database to handle? We have several utilities available to help with updating
pricing etc, without going through all the RMS tabs to do so.

Let me know how we can help you.

--
Christopher Cognetta
Principal Architect / Owner

"Kinnard" wrote:

> Danny, what does not work in 2.0?  I imported a database into RMS 2.0 using
> QSImport last week and it worked fine.
>
> Kinnard
>
> "Danny" wrote:
>
> > SO Admin - Connect - do Query - export to CSV...
> >
> > To import I use QSCimport - doesn't work on RMS 2.0 - use excel ...
> >
> > Dan
> > "Ryan @ RITE" <rsakry@rite.us> wrote in message
> > > Excel can connect directly to the database.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Ryan Sakry
> > > Program Manager
> > > Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
> > > rsakry@rite.us
> > > http://www.rite.us
> > > 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
> > > 320-230-1796 (Fax)
> > > "uttam" <uttam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
ccognetta (14)

How to get records from Local Access Databse Using OPENROWSET Function
Dear Sir, I am using OPENROWSET Function to open Access Database File and my Query is as follows. SELECT Field1 FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', 'D:\Sanjay\My Projects\Settings.mdb'; 'admin'; '', AppVersion) If I run this application on client computer and the specified file is exist on client computer then it display error as follows because it tries to search file on server [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]OLE DB provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for linked server "(null)" returned message &q...

Shadow copy and exchange databse
Hi all Exchagne 2003 on windows 2003. I have enabled VSS on the drive that stores my exchange DB. I thought that VSS only worked on shared flders meaning if the folder wasnt shared then VSS wouldnt take a snapshot of it. I guess I am wrong because in looking at the dir that holds my exchange DB I can see a months worth of previous versions of my databse. Does this mean that if i had a corruption or a deleted mailbox on Monday I could restore one of the shadow copies from the previous day and this would work? Thanks for any clarification on this skip Unless you are using 3rd party back...

Making A Databse system on Excel?
Ok, I need to be able to save any information that is entered onto a sheet on another sheet, but I need the sheet where the information is entered to stay blank and then just enter information and it saves onto the other sheet, so I get a database system. How would I do this? L, You could do it using a macro, either run manually or automatically. For example, this will move Row 2 of Sheet1 to the bottom of the set of data on Sheet2. Assumes that cells in column A are never blank. Sub MoveEmOut() Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("2:2").Cut Worksheets("Sheet2").R...

Exchange 2003 Databse Maintenance
I need to run maintenance on my Exchange 2003 database. However size limitation in free space pohibits this operation. I am curious if anyone has tried the following (or knows of an alternate way) Can I copy the database files to another drive (one with more headroom) and perform the funtion there, then copy the database back? Thanks for your help -Don On 6 Jan 2005 11:14:12 -0800, "Don" <dlafave@cox.net> wrote: >I need to run maintenance on my Exchange 2003 database. However size >limitation in free space pohibits this operation. I am curious if >anyone has tried ...

BadMail Utility #2
Hi! Will the utility mrntion below works with Excahneg 2000 too. The download window says Exchange 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=782aaf0f-6239-40ad-adda-97863d852ff7&displaylang=en Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Will the utility mrntion below works with Excahneg 2000 too. The download >window says Exchange 2003. It'll run with E2K SP2. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

I'm looking for the import utility for RMS
There is a third party import utility. I have downloaded it in the past but for some strange reason, probably stupidity, I can't find it. Please help. Bill, What is the name of the third party tool and where are you trying to import the items into, HQ or SO? If you know the name try seraching it in your operating system. -- Kind Regards, Shawn Ezhaghi Retail Systems Project Manager www.bspny.com Business Solution Magazine's Annual Channel Innovator POS Winner http://www.businesssolutionsmag.com/Articles/2006_02/060220.htm "Bill Cunningham" <BillCunningham@discu...

Databse 16GB Limit
I hit the Standard size limit. I deleted almost 4 gig of mial from the various user mailboxes. I ran eseutil /d and it did not appear to free up any space? I also ran eseutil /p. The database .edb & stm files still add up to the 16GB limit. When it does an online defrag it only states about 373Megabytes of free space after online defrag? Can these files be reduced or does it just free up white space? 373M does not sound like much space? Thx for any input on this matter. JP Search your event logs for Event ID 1221 and it will tell you how much free space can be reclai...

Nickname Utility
In KB article Q318827, it is stated that new nickname.exe has been created with date 28 March 2002, ver 2.0.0., size 49,152kb. Only the nickname utility for Outlook 200o seems to be availabe, the new one is not to be found on the MS site. Any idea where i can get it from? thanks ...

databse handling
1.what is the best and the easiest method of handling databse operations(with and without file support 2.How to navigate from one form to another at the click of a button? 1.I guess you can go for Databases without File Support and delcare your source name 2. For moving from one form to another using a button you ned to do the followin 2.1 insert another dialog box and give it a name say" pooja" when asked for a new class name which POPs up Add #include "pooja.h" in all the other .cpp files 2.2 Select a button from the tools controls... 2.3 Add button into the first ...

Command line utility to capture system utilisation
Is there any command line utilisation to capture CPU, memory, network, harddisk or some of these ? Thanks, sc On 7/28/2010 3:07 AM, dingdongdingding wrote: > Is there any command line utilisation to capture CPU, memory, network, > harddisk or some of these ? Thanks, sc Which version of Windows XP are you using? With XP Pro you can use WMIC. John Mine is Home. Advice ? Thanks On Jul 28, 6:51=A0pm, John John - MVP <audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote: > On 7/28/2010 3:07 AM, dingdongdingding wrote: > > > Is there any command line utilisation to capture CP...

Zoom++ Utility
A few years ago I used the Zoom++ screen capture utility. It was an enhanced version of zoomin.exe that was included with VS. My memory is a little fuzzy about this, but I thought I it was available as freeware with Win32 source. It was not an MFC app. I thought I got it from Codeguru or Codeproject. As you ran your mouse over screen, the status bar on the tool would show the client coordinates and the RGB value of the pixel that the mouse was over. As you zoomed in, the tool displayed a grid. Is this version of the tool no longer available as freeware? All I can find zoompp from etree.com w...

RMS DATABSE, WHERE DOES RMS KEEP THE DATABSE
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C8C262.3F5E3020 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit IS THERE A WAY TO RECOVER THE DATABASE EXCEPT THE USING THE BACKUP FEATURE OF RMS. THIS IS THE CASE. WINDOWS XP WILL NOT IT HAS SOME DAMAGED FILES, SO WE TOOK OUT THAT HD AND INSTERTED INTO ANOTHER PC AS A SECOND HD. SO WE CAN ACCESS THE MICROSOFT RMS FOLDER ON THAT DRIVE BUT I CAN NOT FIND THE DATABASE FILES ANYWHERE. WHERE DOES RMS KEEP THE DATABASE FILES AND CAN COPY IT AND RESTORE IT? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRICIAT...

Cant install Outlook back up utility
When I try to install the outlook backup utility, I keep getting the error msg." before you can install.............you must install outlook or an office program that includes Outlook". Outlook 2000 is already installed. ...

using log4net to log to databse
Hi, I am trying to use log4net to log every thing to a mssql 2008 database. Here is what i have DATABASELOGGING.PS1 FILE: Code: -------------------- $ErrorActionPreference="Stop" [void][Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFile("C:\Log4net\log4net.dll") [log4net.LogManager]::ResetConfiguration() $configFileInfo = gi "C:\Log4net\log4net.xml" [log4net.GlobalContext]::Properties["timestamp"] = Get-Date -Format "yyyy-MMM-dd_hh-mm-ss" [log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator]::ConfigureAndWatch($configFileInfo) $...

GWClient Utility
Please, help to find GWClient Utility to access IMS mailbox. Thank you. Oleg Try calling Microsoft and referencing Q192540. They should be able to send it to you. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I Microsoft MVP - Directory Services www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection www.akomolafe.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -anon "Oleg K. Yugai" <Yugaiok@hotbox.ru> wrote in message news:#dgQHYGaEHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Please, help to find GWClient Utility to access IMS mailbox. > > Than...

search utility in CRM knowledge base
Hello there! The search utility in CRM knowledge base works for some of my users and for others doesn't. I mean that they put the same word which exists in articles, one sees the search results and the other gets no results. Have you any idea how can I fix this. I gave system administrator role to both users and nothing changed. Another question for those of you that don't write only in english. The search utility in CRM cannot identify greek characters and gives an "unexpected error". All other search utilities in CRM (such as in Accounts, Contacts etc) work fine wi...

Battery utility
For a high school prroject, we want to interrupt (VC++ 6.0) battery charge to examine system performance. Any ideas on how to do this in C++? -- Steve Halla Specialty Department Chair, Technology Teacher LEAP Academy University Charter High School 319 Cooper Street Camden, NJ 08102 856-614-0400 ...

Accesing an Access Databse from Excel
Please, how can I access an Access database through ODBC from VBA. Where an I find the documentation needed. Best regards, Alexandru TUDOSE First, you don't necessarily need to use VBA to bring data into Excel from a database, whether from Access or another DBMS. Two easy ways are to use a pivot table (Data, PivotTable and PivotChart Report, and specify External Data Source in the wizard's first step; then, follow the prompts), or Data | Import External Data | New Database Query. Some of these menu items will differ according to the version of Excel you're using. The pivot t...

Databse Utility
Good day, Quick question.....is there any database utility that can be used to connect to the RMS databse, pull the relevant information, and convert it to a CSV or Excel file . Then, after editing the csv or excel file.....convert it back into the RMS database......Any help would be greatly appreciated..... Best regards, Uttam Dookhran Excel can connect directly to the database. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "uttam" <uttam@d...

Excel 2007 capped at 50% CPU utilization?
I've got several large datasets (couple hundred thousand rows), with some custom VB functions and lookups, which feed a pivot table. On a dual-core T60p thinkpad (WinXP, 3GB RAM), calculations can take a while. The little message bar a the bottom of Excel shows that it knows about the dual-cores while calculating. However, sometimes calculations seems to be taking forever to complete, so I'll pull up Task Manager to check the CPU utilization. Why does Excel 2007 seem to stop at 50% utilization? I've got no other primary applications running, so Excel will be pegged at 50% of m...

PST2GB utility
I once read a tip that says you can run this on PST files that aren't over the 2 gig limit -- that there's a command line switch you run with PST2GB. I can't remember what it is -- can anyone help? Thanks! Christina Hi Christina, can you tell us what are you trying to achieve? Baris. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Christina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d3d301c439d6$fcb01800$a001280a@phx.gbl... >I once read a tip that says you can run this on PST files > that ar...

.Net Framework Utilities
When you go to install GP 10 it wants to see .Net FW 2.0 with no service packs. I thought I saw there were a couple of utility programs that will help by not having to uninstall any service packs to .Net FW. Does anyone know where I can get those utilities? Why not use a Feature Pack DVD image? you can download this from the Product Release page on CustomerSource or PartnerSource. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Rich Wheeler"...

Does Requery "Go back" to the remote Databse after I do an Open ?
I am using SQL Server 2000. If I do a cRecordSet "Open" that gets all the records of the table and later on I do a Requery, does the Requery go back to the remote Databse in SQL Server 2000 ? I don't have a way of testing this. Thanks a lot in advance. ...

Databse synchronisation
Hi, I have a database on a server which is used by only 2 operators. the opperators work away using laptops and enter new records. When they get back to the office, can they synchronise their laptops with the main database and update records in both directions? Any help here would be most helpful. Regards John "John" <johnlee2509@btopenworld.com> wrote in news:FE09E18D-B219-41D9-AE90-525D93F5D64E@microsoft.com: > I have a database on a server which is used by only 2 operators. > the opperators work away using laptops and enter new records. > When they get...

GP Utilities Error at Startup Version 9
We have Microsoft Dynamics 9 installed. When we run GP Utilities we get the following error: The stored procedure verifyVersionInformation() of form duSQLInstall Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 446, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0. Thanks. This problem occurs if the collations and the sort orders of the DYNAMICS database and of the company database do not match the collations and the sort orders of the Microsoft SQL Server system databases. See below link for resolution: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVLXUZLWUKKQPOVRVWLZU...