database restore

How can I simply do a database restore from a backup (.bck file) in RMS Admin?

--
Scott
0

------=_NextPart_000_051A_01C70A48.42C79E50

Scott,

Database | delete (be real sure you really want to do this) | select the =
existing that you want to restore | Database | Restore | name it as the =
old one | Next | point to your backup .bck file by clicking on the =
magnifying glass

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "clutchme" <clutchme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  How can I simply do a database restore from a backup (.bck file) in =
RMS Admin?

  --=20
  Scott
------=_NextPart_000_051A_01C70A48.42C79E50

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Scott,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Database | delete (be real sure you really =
want to do=20
this) | select the existing that you want to restore | Database | =
Restore | name=20
it as the old one | Next | point to your backup .bck file by clicking on =
the=20
magnifying glass</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment(s).&nbsp; If you are not =
using a=20
reader, follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click =
on "Open=20
with newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the =
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"clutchme" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:clutchme@discussions.microsoft.com">clutchme@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:26AB818F-695E-4FA5-962E-DCEB636809AF@microsoft.com">news:26A=
B818F-695E-4FA5-962E-DCEB636809AF@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>How=20
  can I simply do a database restore from a backup (.bck file) in RMS=20
  Admin?<BR><BR><BR>-- <BR>Scott</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_051A_01C70A48.42C79E50--

0
cptsoft (1248)

How do i change my database to list view
How do you change the position of the field names in a database to the top, instead of the side. I need to change them from the side to the top. Copy and paste special and select transpose, this assumes you don't have more than 256 headers. It might be a good idea to paste into a new worksheet Regards, Peo Sjoblom "m" wrote: > How do you change the position of the field names in a database to the top, > instead of the side. I need to change them from the side to the top. > ...

Database SQL query
Sorry for this post here. If someone knows a group I can go to for this question, please let me know. I have a program in MFC that accesses and updates an Access database. The problem is I can't figure out how to add a field which contains a word with a single apostrophe ie (St. Vincent's). I'm using the CDaoDatabase and CDaoRecordset classes. I understand that DAO is interpreting the apostrophe as some type of terminator but there must be a way around the issue. MS Access has information on how to do it in Access VB but that doesn't seem to work in MFC. Thanks Ughh ...

Software and Database Shapes for Microsoft Visio
For those that may have missed them A set of Microsoft Visio stencils containing shapes for creating Express-G, ORM, Jackson, and ROOM notation diagrams. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=6297cf81-c071-4bea-bd9d-fde692536e5a al ...

dump database after CRM expires
hi our Microsoft CRM trial license has expired. Before we could purchase a new one, if there is any way that i can dump the database to excel or access format. Thanks I have never used it but this software can be used to export from SQL to *.csv files which you can import into Access. http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ImportExportCSV.asp The only problem is that the data is normalised by CRM in SQL (ie it is spread over numerous tables) for example addresses are stored in their own table and they are linked to Accounts and Contacts via ID numbers so you will need to take this into a...

How do I set up a database for tracking Employee Absense?
I am looking for an improved way to track the vacation, sick days and bereavement leaves for 150 employees. Looking for suggests on how to design a databse to reflect my specific needs A very simple database would probably contain an employees table, an AbsenceType table, and an EmployeeAbsences table. It might need a few more, depending on what type of information you want to get out of it. Do you want to store the number of authorized vacation days? Can employees roll their vacation days over from one year to the next? What types of reports do you want to generate? What type of syste...

Delete old WSUS 2 Database files
I've an SBS 2003 R2 that had the original WSUS 2 database moved from the C partition to the D partition post installation of SBS 2003. I've also recently installed WSUS 3.0 on the SBS 2003. WSUS 3 is working fine. However the old WSUS database (called Wsusdatabase) on Drive C is taking up over 5Gb of space. The data modified on the files in the folder (.mdf & .ldf files) have today's date. Can they be deleted? The WSUS 3 database is on drive D is called WSUS and is over 9Gb in size. thanks, Careful - WSUS has two large pieces. One is the database fi...

CRM 1.2, new database server
I am going to be replacing the SQL 2000 server that has the databases for CRM 1.2. The actual CRM server is remaining the same. The new SQL 2000 server will have the same name as the old server. Reviewing KB article 861115 dated 11/14/2005, it states that as part of moving the databases to a new server you have to uninstall all the CRM for Outlook clients, uninstall the CRM server, reinstall the CRM server and then reinstall the CRM for Outlook clients. Are those steps really neccassary since the database server name is staying the same? Most likely. The problem is that the 1.2 SF...

Outlook2003 as a database
Hi there, Can anyone help me? I am urgently looking for a database. I have been using Outlook 2002 and this is now in a real mess with lots of different folders and subfolders for each category and this is becoming a real problem. I have been looking into buying the new Outlook 2003 with buisiness contact manager but I am unsure whether this will be enough for my needs. I need the software to store contact details, set reminders, print invoices and reports, have email templates and to analyse sales statistics. I also need the database to be able to import CSV files from our onlin...

Database Security 02-27-08
For a network database and only that database - It would seem simply to allow only a few users to be able to modify objects or enter data. All other users would be read only. However, I can not seem to get the settings correct. I have read, multiple times, the FAQ's on Security which were offered as a reply to someone elses question. I have tried to modify the Admin and User default groups and tried the Security Wizard - neither seem to allow me and a co-worker to make changes but also allow limit 50+ other users to view the data only (read only). Can someone assist? Facts: one access dat...

Cannot find ODBC driver for MS Access 2007 database on Win 7 64-bi
Hello. I've been trying to connect to a MS Access 2007 database through JDBC. My JDK is JDK 1.6u18 64-bit and OS is Windows 7 64-bit. But problem is I am unable to create a DSN using Windows\system32\odbcad32.exe because it doesn't show ODBC drivers for MS Access at all, it's only showing drivers for MS SQL Server. When tried to click on Configure for "MS Access Database" (which is an already created DSN, I guess), it first shows error message : "The setup routines for the Microsoft Access Drivers (*.mdb, *.accdb) ODBC Driver could not be found. P...

Databases....
I've got a workbook with multiple pages which performs engineering calculations. Currently, I have about 200 identical work books in a directory with the number growing everyday. I would like to build a work book which could pull certain data our of each workbook and display that data in columns in this workbook very similar to building a view in a database program. Am I barking up the wrong tree or is this possible? I have a similar need: I am trying to summarize 200+ small design projects, each in a separate workbook, to summarize the status of cost, billings, and collections to date...

How do I restore deleted pages ?
I just deleted seven pages of my pblication and then hit "save" button. Can I undo this? "paul metto" <paul metto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FA76355-B21B-4D02-B639-25A108562EF7@microsoft.com... > I just deleted seven pages of my pblication and then hit "save" button. > Can I > undo this? Not unless you have it in a backup file somewhere else. Once the save button is used it erases the undo feature up to and including the save. paul metto wrote: > I just deleted seven pages of my pblication and then hit "sav...

How can I restore part of a file?
I open a file and one part of it is missing. what should I do? Two options: 1 See whether Open Office will open it. 2 Go back to the backup copy of your file. -- David Biddulph "poohabear" <poohabear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:087CF0A2-E90E-423F-B793-FD8432623F8D@microsoft.com... >I open a file and one part of it is missing. what should I do? ...

Want to create a database and report of purchase order
I want to create a database in msaccess for purchase order. How to do that? I have basic knowlege of msaccess. ...

Backup/Restore Project 2007
Hello, Have single servers complete backup taken with Backup option from Central administration. Installed new W2K3 server, installed Project server 2007 Trial, trying to do complete restore and encounter errors. What is correct way of restoring Project 2007 server to different computer ? Sam This way of restoring is correct. But usually there are errors related to different level of Service Packs, hotfixes applied to the servers. "Sam" wrote: > Hello, > > Have single servers complete backup taken with Backup option from Central > admini...

Veritas doesn't restore mailbox-store into recovery storage group
Hi I need to restore some mails from a users mailbox. So, I created a recovery storage group on my exchange 2003 server and added the mailboxstore to this recovery storage group. The path for log-, system files and database is different from the active mailboxstore. The recovery storage group is not mounted. Now, I start the restore job on veritas, with the same mailboxstore, the users mailbox is in and I added before to the recovery storage group. 10 minutes later, I have an error message from Veritas, that some exchange components could not be recovered because at least one database i...

Restored Object (Computer) from AD Deleted Items gives Error of Duplicate Name on the Network! (AdRestore and ldp.exe)
Someone accidently deleted a Computer from AD and I want to restore it back. This Computer acts as a Virtual IP to our SQL Cluster Here is what I have done so far. I ahve used AD Restore and ldp.exe and restored the computer back, reset the account and enabled it back But when i try to right click on it and go to Manage it spits out error saying It cannot be managed. You are not connected as a Duplicate name exists on the network. I have checked Service Principal names and it didnt find any duplicate names. Also did below to find duplicate entries csvde -d =93DC=3D...

Access 2007 databases
Is there a ODBC driver that I can install that will allow Access 2003 to understand Access 2007 (*.accdb) data files? If so, can someone point me to it? I checked around the Access 2003 site and didn't see anything obvious. Hi, Larry. > Is there a ODBC driver that I can install that will allow Access 2003 to > understand Access 2007 (*.accdb) data files? I haven't tried it yet, but if history is any guide, you won't be able to link to the ACCDB tables from Access 2003 with an ODBC driver. However, you should be able to use VBA code to create a Recordset object tha...

Access membership database and the web
I could not decide exactly which specific group this would be best posted in, so I posted it here. I apologize if this is not the best group for this question. I have a large Access database for a membership organization split into a front and back end. My office staff accesses and updates the database regularly on a daily basis so It would appear to me that the back end database needs to reside on my local LAN. We currently have a website (remote web server) were we would like members to be able to dynamically update their own information in real-time. Knowing a little bit about programm...

Insert dataset to another database

How to aviod reset of Pivot filters when reconnecting to database?
I have a large amount of Excel pivots feeding on MS Access databases. However, these databases have moved location and I need to reconnect the Pivots. When I do this, I loose all the filters I have applied. Does anyone know how to avide the resetting of these filters? It'll be a great help to me as I have a lot of pivots... Thanks, Tonny How are you reconnecting? What filters are applied? Tonny Olesen wrote: > I have a large amount of Excel pivots feeding on MS Access databases. > However, these databases have moved location and I need to reconnect the > Pivots. > Whe...

Error in Loading image file into database using ADO
Hi, I tried a sample code from a website, to store my files in the database. The code perfeclty writes the data into the access file. I can preview the image in the dialog box. But I am not able to do this via the database that has been created. I am using MS Access2000. The format of the data is .bmp, .jpg, .xls. But in the Access file, instead of saving it as a specified format, it says long binary data which couldn't be opened. If i click that i get message stating " Problem occured while MS Access was communicating with OLE server or ActiveX control" How should I overcome...

Restoring the backup
We want to have a database that is typically like the running one for trouble shooting, testing some new functions, and technical purposes. Is there any troubles or side effects on our server or databases if we create a comapny with a different name on the same sql server and restoring the backup of the running company on the new one? Many Thanks, Hi: In Knowledge Base you can find this article: How to set up a test company that has a copy of live company data by using SQL Server 7.0, SQL Server 2000, or SQL Server 2005 (871973 - modified: 2007-04-30) Describes how to set up a test com...

SW_SHOW does not restore to correct size
I have a window that is already open, I execute a m_cwnd- >ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) and the window activates and then changes to the unmaximized size, so it's not minimized, but it changes from it's maximized size. According to MSDN, SW_SHOW is supposed to activate the window and display it in its current size and position...Any thoughts? "j_eagle" <jason.eagle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186831361.063399.235460@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I have a window that is already open, I execute a m_cwnd- >>ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) and the window activates and ...

Exchange 2007 Database won't mount.
I've recently created a brand new Exchange 2007 environment and cannot mount the First Storage Group. When I try to mount the First Storage Group, I get the following error: "Failed to create the Event Registration Mailbox for Database First Storage Group\Mailbox Database. Error - 0xbf69." On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:29:02 -0700, Wade Bart <WadeBart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've recently created a brand new Exchange 2007 environment and cannot mount >the First Storage Group. > >When I try to mount the First Storage Group, I get the following err...