Database / Items

I open Store Operations Manager. I open Database / Items.

How do I customise the columns in Items dialog box. I want to add "Cost"
column next to "Price" column for quick review.

I am using ver 1.3

Thanks

Don
0
Donwatane (9)
5/2/2007 2:00:00 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can't modify the built in forms.  You could build a custom Add-in
that displays what you want.  Digital Retail Solutions has an existing
Add-in that does allow you to modify the displayed columns - search the
newsgroup, they post occasionally.

As a work around, you use an item report (Item Quantity List maybe).
Use Add/Remove columns to display the columns you want - if you need
something that is not already part of the report, you CAN add it here.
Make sure Item Lookup Code is one of the displayed columns.  Once you
have the report arranged the way you want it, Memorize it.  When you
click the lookup code in a report, it will open the Properties page for
that item.  Not exactly what you are asking for, but pretty close...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Donwatane wrote:
> I open Store Operations Manager. I open Database / Items.
>
> How do I customise the columns in Items dialog box. I want to add "Cost"
> column next to "Price" column for quick review.
>
> I am using ver 1.3
>
> Thanks
>
> Don
0
glenn9672 (1267)
5/2/2007 1:19:00 PM
Speaking of this, one thing I do not like is how RMS displays prices when
you have the VAT option enabled. My cost numbers do not include VAT, but the
price number does. I know it shows profit margin correctly (pre-tax margin)
but when a customer asks how much of a discount they can get, it is
difficult to see at a glance what price I need to charge and ensure I am
quoting a profitable after-tax price.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
message news:%23guD2xLjHHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> You can't modify the built in forms.  You could build a custom Add-in that
> displays what you want.  Digital Retail Solutions has an existing Add-in
> that does allow you to modify the displayed columns - search the
> newsgroup, they post occasionally.
>
> As a work around, you use an item report (Item Quantity List maybe). Use
> Add/Remove columns to display the columns you want - if you need something
> that is not already part of the report, you CAN add it here. Make sure
> Item Lookup Code is one of the displayed columns.  Once you have the
> report arranged the way you want it, Memorize it.  When you click the
> lookup code in a report, it will open the Properties page for that item.
> Not exactly what you are asking for, but pretty close...
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Donwatane wrote:
>> I open Store Operations Manager. I open Database / Items. How do I
>> customise the columns in Items dialog box. I want to add "Cost" column
>> next to "Price" column for quick review.
>>
>> I am using ver 1.3
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Don

Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard
Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again. Though the db wizard, I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to. I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes up under the database objects. Am I or my computer missing something? Please help! Thank You. Have you defined a name for the region ...

Access Database Conversion to Excel Database
I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. Hi Greg One way Use Data>Import External Data in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0f301c3ec2b$2b12d830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format > to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. ...

Huge database
Good afternoon, i have to make a huge database wich have to get data from excel file.That is not a big problem problem is that i have to get information for about 1000 families with 1000 elements for every family and this database have to storage this information at leaset one year. This make a huge pack of elements. Can Microsoft Access get so huge pack of data ? If yes i would be glad to read some ideas. Thanks If you are talking about 1000 columns in a table, Access can't do it. 255 is the upper limit. 1,000 * 1,000 is potentially a million records. However if the data is pr...

linking 2 databases in 1
Hi, I am running 2 hqs for 2 different purposes, now the company decided to use 1 hq for both purpose. How can i link the 2 databases into 1 database???? I tired to link them from SQL server enterprise manager-all task- export data from database A to B but some tables can not be exported and show me tables failure, is it possible to link them or im just trying something impossible? Advice me on that plZzzzZZzz -- Aliko ...

deleted items still show up
Hi, we've deleted all of our emails from our deleted items box and the recovered deleted items box and the exchange server still shows 167mb for a users box. Does anyone know what else we should be looking for? We're using Exchange 5.5 SP4. The clients are on Office XP. Thanks What is the mailbox size from Outlook's perspective? Right click the Outlook Today folder/Properties/Folder Size. On Thu, 13 May 2004 18:01:38 -0700, "Angus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, we've deleted all of our emails from our deleted >items box a...

Importing Current Database into CRM Database
Hi, I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a few records for testing purposes. You help will be highly appreciated... there is a redeployment tool on support.microsoft.com/downloads under microsoft crm. This may help you. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message news:5728edd40161d2cca1c0e079cfd86665@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, > > I would just like to know if it is pos...

some items should not be allocated
In GP 8.0, when the system will allocate a item? In my company, some items are not for production and the system allocated them. What should I do to prevent this kind of mistake? Please advise. Thanks. stien When you say "not for production" do you mean items that are not manufactured by your firm or service type items that are not physical products? Generally, if allocation is in use, all sales inventory is subject to allocation. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our...

how to start a database
hi guys, i want to start a database on excel 2000, i never had to do this before, and i know this can be done. i just dont know where to start from ! what i want to do is, it is a racing club, i want a listing of all pilot and a sheet where we can enter the number of the car(all pilot info need will be transfer) for final result of the race.(right now they enter the car no, name , city at every race at every registration, if he is register to 3 race they do the process 3 time.) like in access went we create the database and after the query, that what i want to do in excel. any tip or link...

Database Queries with database views, that base on many database t
I created 2 database views. Each of them uses 256 database tables. From every database table only one column is used in the select list of the view. Every database table has one column which is used for the join. Each database table has 5 rows. The database tables have not any foreign keys and indexes. Both views works fine. When I use the database views in a query like this: SELECT v1.*, v2.* FROM v1, v2 WHERE v1.id=v2.id I should get 5 rows with 512 columns in the resultset. But I get the following error from the SQL-Server (after about 5 minutes): Msg 8621, Level 17, State 2...

Use query from another database
Hi In the code below is there a way that qryOrderHistory could be in a separate database. If so how would i refer to it in the code. Thanks Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qd As DAO.Querydef Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set qd = db.QueryDefs("qryOrderHistory") qd.Parameters("prmCustNo") = lngCustNo Set rs = qd.OpenRecordset() If Not rs.Eof Then .... code to populate an excel spreadsheet Change your 'Set db = CurrentDb' line to something like the following .. Set db = DbEngine.OpenDatabase("full path and name of target MDB here") -- ...

User Cant Create Items in Public Calendar
Hi, We are running Windows Server 2003 Small Business Server Edition with Exchange 2003 version. One of my user cant create entries in Public Calendar folder. How can I fix it? Please help. Thanks, Rana Have the user right click the pf, properties, go to summary tab, what is the permissions that the user has? James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 14, 12:58 pm, "ITPro07" <akun...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > We are running Windows Server 2003 Small Business Server Edition with > Exchange 2003 version. One of my...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

Set Database in Excel
In Microsoft article 183446 under method 2, it refers to using "Set Database" on the Data menu. I am using Excel 2002 (the article says it applies to Excel 2002), but Set Database does not appear in my Data menu. Is this an error? It's an error due, I think, to very old menu structures. The article says that the information applies to everything from version 5.0 (1995) through 2003, inclusive. But I believe that the Set Database menu item disappeared from the Data menu as of Excel 97. And one has long defined a name using the Insert menu, not the Formula menu. But my rapidl...

upgraded from MSSQL 2000 to MSSQL 2005 now database's users have
Hello. I updated the MSSQL 2000 server to MSSQL 2005 server now the database's users have no login names. I found a way to list orphaned users sp_change_users_login 'Report' but it only listed dbo and there are actually five listed with MSSQL Server Management Studio Express. I tried this sp_change_users_login 'update_one', 'RPS', 'RPS' but I get the following error the user name 'RPS' is absent or invalid. Any ideas? Try with Auto_Fix instead; see the example at the end of the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

Restricting Inventory Item Adds
I would like to restrict access to the ADD item under the Options drop down in Sales Transaction Entry window to just a select few. What is the best way to accomplish this? I thought I read some place that there existed a chunk file that could be installed per computer that would restrict inventory items from being added. Is anyone familiar with that? You should be able to accomplish that using field level security. If so, then you can restrict it by user rather than by computer. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com How about simply restricting acc...

Problem w/Multi-item selection
Whenever I select multiple items in either my Sent Items or Deleted Items folders (to move them to another folder), it appears as though Outlook attempts to open each one. If I select 100 items, I get 100 dialog boxes telling me that DLL "whatever" couldn't be opened due to lack of resources. This has been happening ever since I got this laptop back in January. I've searched through all the "Tools | Options" menus, and haven't seen anything obvious that might help. Any help anyone can provide wil be appreciated. Thanks, Mike ...

How do I add menu item to menu which is user right click on main in outlook?
Hi all, I'm writing an exchange client extension application using visual c++, and I'm having trouble add to menu item when a user right mouse click on Message(mail ) in the Inbox of Outlook It is seem to go to the IExchExtMessageEvents::OnRead event I'd like to handle the above event. I need help on getting handle of the coming popup menu whenever user right mouse clik on mail in outlook and add menu item. Thanks in advance. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

Client access problem after databases restoration
Hello! Recently we had a problem with an Exchange 2003 Back-End server with 6 mailbox store distributed thru 4 SG, and we lost the databases because the SAN's disks partitions were deleted by mistake. So, we had to do a restore from a backup, but when we could not mount the stores, so we used eseutil /p command, and after, eseutil /d, and then isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests. We could mount the stores, users can use email. The problem now is that we have some users that could not access their mailbox thru Outlook, and when we try to move to another store, we receive an ...

database or other software?
I need help with the following situation: I want to create files or a database that will contain information about my clients, with their business information (i.e address, phone, fax, type of business, in which states they do business) to send an invitation to bid on a construction project. I want , where a database would fill out the information automatically on the bid invitation, then fax, or email the invitation to each selected clients according to their specialty. Then I will need to keep track of who answers my invitations in order to "weed out" clients who do...

Form in another database
How can I check if an Access form is open or loaded when the form is in another Access application (mdb or nde file). Alex ...

Attendance Database Setup
I am creating an attendance database for my company. There are 19 different departments in the company and each manager tallies his/her own employee attendances. I had a spreadsheet set up, but it wasn't on a rolling calendar basis. Then, I was going to have the managers delete old months, but that would most likely mess with the formulas. So the new spreadsheet needs to be on a rolling calendar basis, so that when a new month comes up, the previous month from last year will drop off in calculations. My file has three worksheets, one titled "Summary", one titled "Detail...

Recover a Prod content database to Dev farm
Hello, I was wondering is it possible to recover (copy) a content database from a seperate farm to a Dev farm? I came across a few hints about using the "Copy the database files to a network folder" option, but nothing concrete. I'd appreciate if someone could clarify this for me? regards, Edgar You can recovery a database to a network location. We have the following options: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808956.aspx You will see the details in the "Tasks" section -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K...

Items Composed or Modified Offline Disappear When OnLine
I have a bizarre problem with mobile/laptop users, running Outlook XP/Outlook2003 and Exchange Server 2000. Note: this problem may affect other versions of Outlook also but we don't run versions other than those listed. Problem: Mobile users work on the LAN just fine with few, if any, issues. They use their laptops (traveling on a plane for instance) in mobile mode and compose e-mails or modify existing e-mails (mark messages with flags, change appointments, etc..) and have no problems. When they dial-in, VPN in or dock into our network and do a sync of any or all folders, all changes/...

Database schema
Does anybody have an "official" database schema or data model for these databases? The list of tables and field names for the dbs are in the Resource Descriptions under Tools in GP Our book Information Flow and Posting maps the movement of data between the tables for the transactions in GP, RM, PM POP, SOP, and Inventory. Find it on our web site at http://www.AccoladePublications.com Are we going to see you at Convergence in Orlando? We are throwing a big party aboard an ocean going cruise ship on Wednesday. Visit our web site at http://www.AccoladePublications.com for d...

moving database
I would like to know how tomove the database we use to another computer while we upgrade to windows xp (formating the drive) and still be able to work i have looked in the book but it only shows how to restore..thanks You first need to do a manual backup of the database. Take the .bck file over to the computer that you are going to be using in the interim. Follow the steps on restoring the backup. Then change where the database points to in the SO Administrator to on that computer to point locally = (local). After changing the setting press the Test Database Connection button if it suc...