customers show up in manager but not POS?

We recently started experiencing a problem where certain customers at random
would show up when searching for customers in the customer list in store ops
manager, but will not show up in the list to select from when in POS.  We
reindex the database regularly.  Any idea what could possibly be causing
this?  Thanks for the help

Kevin
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The customer(s) aren't set as global. Go to FILE, CONFIG, OPTIONS, CUSTOMER
OPTIONS. You should enable GLOBAL CUSTOMERS FOR MULTI-STORE and NEW CUSTOMERS
DEFAULT AS GLOBAL CUSTOMERS. Then, you may need to run a SQL QUERY to flip
the Global Customer flags on for existing customer records (In SO Admin enter
"Update Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1").

And finally, don't let your cashiers change the CUSTOMER IS A
GLOBAL/ENTERPRISE CUSTOMER flag when they enter NEW customer records.

Scott

"kskinne" wrote:

> We recently started experiencing a problem where certain customers at random
> would show up when searching for customers in the customer list in store ops
> manager, but will not show up in the list to select from when in POS.  We
> reindex the database regularly.  Any idea what could possibly be causing
> this?  Thanks for the help
>
> Kevin
0
Luminox (155)
2/8/2007 5:28:02 PM
Scott thanks for the reply - but I don't believe this is the problem.

We already have both of these settings set this way in Manager, and have
since we set up Store ops coming up on a few years ago.  We never have had
this problem before, it has just started.

I checked to make sure and all of our customers in the store are currently
set as global customers.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

"Luminox" wrote:

> The customer(s) aren't set as global. Go to FILE, CONFIG, OPTIONS, CUSTOMER
> OPTIONS. You should enable GLOBAL CUSTOMERS FOR MULTI-STORE and NEW CUSTOMERS
> DEFAULT AS GLOBAL CUSTOMERS. Then, you may need to run a SQL QUERY to flip
> the Global Customer flags on for existing customer records (In SO Admin enter
> "Update Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1").
>
> And finally, don't let your cashiers change the CUSTOMER IS A
> GLOBAL/ENTERPRISE CUSTOMER flag when they enter NEW customer records.
>
> Scott
>
> "kskinne" wrote:
>
> > We recently started experiencing a problem where certain customers at random
> > would show up when searching for customers in the customer list in store ops
> > manager, but will not show up in the list to select from when in POS.  We
> > reindex the database regularly.  Any idea what could possibly be causing
> > this?  Thanks for the help
> >
> > Kevin
Are the "customers" that DO show in SO and DON'T show in HQ defined as
GLOBAL? Go into POS and look at the CUSTOMER OPTIONS tab for the PROPERTIES
of the records.

If not, then my opinion is that the person (presumably a cashier) that
created the record unchecked the CUSTOMER IS A GLOBAL/ENTERPRISE CUSTOMER
flag when the record was created in POS by mistake. If the box is not checked
try checking it and waiting for the next connection cycle.

If you run the query (UPDATE CUSTOMER SET GLOBALCUSTOMER = 1) against the SO
database all of the flags will be set properly.

Scott

"kskinne" wrote:

> Scott thanks for the reply - but I don't believe this is the problem.
>
> We already have both of these settings set this way in Manager, and have
> since we set up Store ops coming up on a few years ago.  We never have had
> this problem before, it has just started.
>
> I checked to make sure and all of our customers in the store are currently
> set as global customers.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>

> "Luminox" wrote:
>
> > The customer(s) aren't set as global. Go to FILE, CONFIG, OPTIONS, CUSTOMER
> > OPTIONS. You should enable GLOBAL CUSTOMERS FOR MULTI-STORE and NEW CUSTOMERS
> > DEFAULT AS GLOBAL CUSTOMERS. Then, you may need to run a SQL QUERY to flip
> > the Global Customer flags on for existing customer records (In SO Admin enter
> > "Update Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1").
> >
> > And finally, don't let your cashiers change the CUSTOMER IS A
> > GLOBAL/ENTERPRISE CUSTOMER flag when they enter NEW customer records.
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > "kskinne" wrote:
> >
> > > We recently started experiencing a problem where certain customers at random
> > > would show up when searching for customers in the customer list in store ops
> > > manager, but will not show up in the list to select from when in POS.  We
> > > reindex the database regularly.  Any idea what could possibly be causing
> > > this?  Thanks for the help
> > >
> > > Kevin
0
Luminox (155)
2/8/2007 6:09:01 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with Headquarters.  I checked the customer
table in the Store Ops database, and every customer in the table has the
'Global Customer' property set to = 1, so they are all global.  Certain of
those customers show up in Store Operations manager when I go in and search
for customers from the list of customers.  However when i log into POS, and
go to set a customer on a transaction, those same customers that are visible
in store ops Manager, are not showing up to choose from in the list of
available customers.  Same store database.  Again, this has nothing to do
with the HQ database.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

"Luminox" wrote:

> Are the "customers" that DO show in SO and DON'T show in HQ defined as
> GLOBAL? Go into POS and look at the CUSTOMER OPTIONS tab for the PROPERTIES
> of the records.
>
> If not, then my opinion is that the person (presumably a cashier) that
> created the record unchecked the CUSTOMER IS A GLOBAL/ENTERPRISE CUSTOMER
> flag when the record was created in POS by mistake. If the box is not checked
> try checking it and waiting for the next connection cycle.
>
> If you run the query (UPDATE CUSTOMER SET GLOBALCUSTOMER = 1) against the SO
> database all of the flags will be set properly.
>

> Scott
>
> "kskinne" wrote:
>
> > Scott thanks for the reply - but I don't believe this is the problem.
> >
> > We already have both of these settings set this way in Manager, and have
> > since we set up Store ops coming up on a few years ago.  We never have had
> > this problem before, it has just started.
> >
> > I checked to make sure and all of our customers in the store are currently
> > set as global customers.
> >
> > Any other ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kevin
> >

> > "Luminox" wrote:
> >
> > > The customer(s) aren't set as global. Go to FILE, CONFIG, OPTIONS, CUSTOMER
> > > OPTIONS. You should enable GLOBAL CUSTOMERS FOR MULTI-STORE and NEW CUSTOMERS
> > > DEFAULT AS GLOBAL CUSTOMERS. Then, you may need to run a SQL QUERY to flip
> > > the Global Customer flags on for existing customer records (In SO Admin enter
> > > "Update Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1").
> > >
> > > And finally, don't let your cashiers change the CUSTOMER IS A
> > > GLOBAL/ENTERPRISE CUSTOMER flag when they enter NEW customer records.
> > >
> > > Scott

------=_NextPart_000_05A5_01C74B8B.EBEE9F90

Kevin,

Make sure you are attached to the main database and not running in =
offline mode.

Make sure that you don't have Find turned on with some options turned =
off.

Make sure that you are connected to the same database/server: SO Admin | =
File | Connect | look at the database and server names on both machines.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message =
  We recently started experiencing a problem where certain customers at =
random=20
  would show up when searching for customers in the customer list in =
store ops=20
  manager, but will not show up in the list to select from when in POS.  =
We=20
  reindex the database regularly.  Any idea what could possibly be =
causing=20
  this?  Thanks for the help

  Kevin
------=_NextPart_000_05A5_01C74B8B.EBEE9F90

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Kevin,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Make sure you are attached to the main =
database and not=20
running in offline mode.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Make sure that you don't have Find turned on =
with some=20
options turned off.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Make sure that you are connected to the same=20
database/server: SO Admin | File | Connect | look at the =
database&nbsp;and=20
server names on both machines.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"kskinne" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com">kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com</A>=
&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:FA5AFF25-86F5-4DD5-8891-D8BAC8AB1CEA@microsoft.com">news:FA5=
AFF25-86F5-4DD5-8891-D8BAC8AB1CEA@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>We=20
  recently started experiencing a problem where certain customers at =
random=20
  <BR>would show up when searching for customers in the customer list in =
store=20
  ops <BR>manager, but will not show up in the list to select from when =
in=20
  POS.&nbsp; We <BR>reindex the database regularly.&nbsp; Any idea what =
could=20
  possibly be causing <BR>this?&nbsp; Thanks for the=20
help<BR><BR>Kevin</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_05A5_01C74B8B.EBEE9F90--

0
cptsoft (1248)
2/8/2007 10:17:53 PM
Thanks for the reply -

We haven't made any changes to any find option settings, or to any of the DB
settings in Admin, I double-checked and they are all fine.  Also the database
is not running offline mode either, so I'm not sure what is causing this to
happen.

It has never happened prior to this, just started recently.  And the
customers that are suddenly not appearing in POS are customers that have been
in the store DB for many months.

Any other possible ideas?

Thanks for the help
Kevin

"Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> Make sure you are attached to the main database and not running in offline mode.
>
> Make sure that you don't have Find turned on with some options turned off.
>
> Make sure that you are connected to the same database/server: SO Admin | File | Connect | look at the database and server names on both machines.
>
> --
>
> Jeff
> Check Point Software

> You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
>   "kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message news:FA5AFF25-86F5-4DD5-8891-D8BAC8AB1CEA@microsoft.com...
>   We recently started experiencing a problem where certain customers at random
>   would show up when searching for customers in the customer list in store ops
>   manager, but will not show up in the list to select from when in POS.  We
>   reindex the database regularly.  Any idea what could possibly be causing
>   this?  Thanks for the help
>
>   Kevin
If you haven't re-indexed the db from Store Ops Administrator, that
fixed a similar problem we were having.

-CP

On Feb 13, 10:15 am, kskinne <kskinnerNOS...@win-4-u.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply -
>
> We haven't made any changes to any find option settings, or to any of the DB
> settings in Admin, I double-checked and they are all fine.  Also the database
> is not running offline mode either, so I'm not sure what is causing this to
> happen.
>
> It has never happened prior to this, just started recently.  And the
> customers that are suddenly not appearing in POS are customers that have been
> in the store DB for many months.
>
> Any other possible ideas?
>
> Thanks for the help
> Kevin
>
> "Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:
>

> > Kevin,
>
> > Make sure you are attached to the main database and not running in offline mode.
>
> > Make sure that you don't have Find turned on with some options turned off.
>
> > Make sure that you are connected to the same database/server: SO Admin | File | Connect | look at the database and server names on both machines.
>
> > --
>
> > Jeff
> > Check Point Software

> > You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> > see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader, follow
> > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"
> > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> >http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> >   "kskinne" <kskinnerNOS...@win-4-u.com> wrote in messagenews:FA5AFF25-86F5-4DD5-8891-D8BAC8AB1CEA@microsoft.com...
> >   We recently started experiencing a problem where certain customers at random
> >   would show up when searching for customers in the customer list in store ops
> >   manager, but will not show up in the list to select from when in POS.  We
> >   reindex the database regularly.  Any idea what could possibly be causing
> >   this?  Thanks for the help
>
> >   Kevin- Hide quoted text -

genmgr1 (14)
2/13/2007 6:59:32 PM
It reindexes nightly right before it backs up, we have it set up with an osql
command in a batch file, it runs as a scheduled task each night

"CP" wrote:

> If you haven't re-indexed the db from Store Ops Administrator, that
> fixed a similar problem we were having.
>
> -CP
>
> On Feb 13, 10:15 am, kskinne <kskinnerNOS...@win-4-u.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply -
> >
> > We haven't made any changes to any find option settings, or to any of the DB
> > settings in Admin, I double-checked and they are all fine.  Also the database
> > is not running offline mode either, so I'm not sure what is causing this to
> > happen.
> >
> > It has never happened prior to this, just started recently.  And the
> > customers that are suddenly not appearing in POS are customers that have been
> > in the store DB for many months.
> >
> > Any other possible ideas?
> >
> > Thanks for the help
> > Kevin
> >
> > "Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:
> >

> > > Kevin,
> >
> > > Make sure you are attached to the main database and not running in offline mode.
> >
> > > Make sure that you don't have Find turned on with some options turned off.
> >
> > > Make sure that you are connected to the same database/server: SO Admin | File | Connect | look at the database and server names on both machines.
> >
> > > --
> >
> > > Jeff
> > > Check Point Software
> >
> > > =====================================================
> >
> > > You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> > > see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader, follow
> > > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"
> > > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
> >
> > >http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
> > > =====================================================
> >
> > >   "kskinne" <kskinnerNOS...@win-4-u.com> wrote in messagenews:FA5AFF25-86F5-4DD5-8891-D8BAC8AB1CEA@microsoft.com...
> > >   We recently started experiencing a problem where certain customers at random
> > >   would show up when searching for customers in the customer list in store ops
> > >   manager, but will not show up in the list to select from when in POS.  We
> > >   reindex the database regularly.  Any idea what could possibly be causing
> > >   this?  Thanks for the help
> >
> > >   Kevin- Hide quoted text -

kskinne,
Could I ask you the osql command to reindex? I have all other tasks
scheduled, but haven't been able to figure that one out.
Craig

> It reindexes nightly right before it backs up, we have it set up with an
> osql
> command in a batch file, it runs as a scheduled task each night
>
> "CP" wrote:
>
>> If you haven't re-indexed the db from Store Ops Administrator, that
>> fixed a similar problem we were having.
>>
>> -CP
>>
>> On Feb 13, 10:15 am, kskinne <kskinnerNOS...@win-4-u.com> wrote:
>> > Thanks for the reply -
>> >
>> > We haven't made any changes to any find option settings, or to any of
>> > the DB
>> > settings in Admin, I double-checked and they are all fine.  Also the
>> > database
>> > is not running offline mode either, so I'm not sure what is causing
>> > this to
>> > happen.
>> >
>> > It has never happened prior to this, just started recently.  And the
>> > customers that are suddenly not appearing in POS are customers that
>> > have been
>> > in the store DB for many months.
>> >
>> > Any other possible ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks for the help
>> > Kevin

craig6967 (916)
2/14/2007 7:12:22 PM
Craig insert the following line into a OSQL command line, as the query string:

sp_msforeachtable @command1 = 'DBCC DBREINDEX ([?])

The sp_msforeachtable is a stored procedure in the master DB that allows you
to run the reindex command as shown above, on every table in the DB you
specify in your OSQL command line

Hope this helps
Kevin

"Craig" wrote:

> kskinne,
> Could I ask you the osql command to reindex? I have all other tasks
> scheduled, but haven't been able to figure that one out.
> Craig
>
> "kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message
> > It reindexes nightly right before it backs up, we have it set up with an
> > osql
> > command in a batch file, it runs as a scheduled task each night
> >
> > "CP" wrote:
> >
> >> If you haven't re-indexed the db from Store Ops Administrator, that
> >> fixed a similar problem we were having.
> >>
> >> -CP

I hate to be a pest, but this is a little over my head. I know how to make a
batch file, but really don't know that much about writing Osql commands. If
you would be so kind as to elaborate I would be grateful.
Craig

> Craig insert the following line into a OSQL command line, as the query
> string:
>
> sp_msforeachtable @command1 = 'DBCC DBREINDEX ([?])
>
> The sp_msforeachtable is a stored procedure in the master DB that allows
> you
> to run the reindex command as shown above, on every table in the DB you
> specify in your OSQL command line
>
> Hope this helps
> Kevin
>

> "Craig" wrote:
>
>> kskinne,
>> Could I ask you the osql command to reindex? I have all other tasks
>> scheduled, but haven't been able to figure that one out.
>> Craig
>>
>> "kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message
>> > It reindexes nightly right before it backs up, we have it set up with
>> > an
>> > osql
>> > command in a batch file, it runs as a scheduled task each night

craig6967 (916)
2/15/2007 9:04:00 PM
This is a command line in our batch file:

OSQL -U sa -P password -S servername -Q "sp_msforeachtable @command1 = 'DBCC
DBREINDEX ([?])"

replace password with your sa password, and replace servername with the name
of your server.  If you google 'OSQL' you can also find a lot of sites that
explain in more data how to use OSQL to run SQL queries

hth
kevin

"Craig" wrote:

> I hate to be a pest, but this is a little over my head. I know how to make a
> batch file, but really don't know that much about writing Osql commands. If
> you would be so kind as to elaborate I would be grateful.
> Craig
>
> "kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message
> > Craig insert the following line into a OSQL command line, as the query
> > string:
> >
> > sp_msforeachtable @command1 = 'DBCC DBREINDEX ([?])
> >
> > The sp_msforeachtable is a stored procedure in the master DB that allows
> > you
> > to run the reindex command as shown above, on every table in the DB you
> > specify in your OSQL command line
> >
> > Hope this helps
> > Kevin
> >

> > "Craig" wrote:
> >
> >> kskinne,
> >> Could I ask you the osql command to reindex? I have all other tasks
> >> scheduled, but haven't been able to figure that one out.
> >> Craig
> >>
> >> "kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message

Thanks Kevin, this will really beat having to remember to reindex on a
regular basis after backing up. Just to clarify, this command will reindex
the entire database? Thanks again.
Craig

> This is a command line in our batch file:
>
> OSQL -U sa -P password -S servername -Q "sp_msforeachtable @command1 =
> 'DBCC
> DBREINDEX ([?])"
>
> replace password with your sa password, and replace servername with the
> name
> of your server.  If you google 'OSQL' you can also find a lot of sites
> that
> explain in more data how to use OSQL to run SQL queries
>
> hth
> kevin
>

> "Craig" wrote:
>
>> I hate to be a pest, but this is a little over my head. I know how to
>> make a
>> batch file, but really don't know that much about writing Osql commands.
>> If
>> you would be so kind as to elaborate I would be grateful.
>> Craig
>>
>> "kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message
>> > Craig insert the following line into a OSQL command line, as the query
>> > string:
>> >
>> > sp_msforeachtable @command1 = 'DBCC DBREINDEX ([?])
>> >
>> > The sp_msforeachtable is a stored procedure in the master DB that
>> > allows
>> > you
>> > to run the reindex command as shown above, on every table in the DB you
>> > specify in your OSQL command line
>> >
>> > Hope this helps
>> > Kevin

craig6967 (916)
2/16/2007 2:57:51 PM
yes that's correct

"Craig" wrote:

> Thanks Kevin, this will really beat having to remember to reindex on a
> regular basis after backing up. Just to clarify, this command will reindex
> the entire database? Thanks again.
> Craig
>
> "kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message
> > This is a command line in our batch file:
> >
> > OSQL -U sa -P password -S servername -Q "sp_msforeachtable @command1 =
> > 'DBCC
> > DBREINDEX ([?])"
> >
> > replace password with your sa password, and replace servername with the
> > name
> > of your server.  If you google 'OSQL' you can also find a lot of sites
> > that
> > explain in more data how to use OSQL to run SQL queries
> >
> > hth
> > kevin
> >

> > "Craig" wrote:
> >
> >> I hate to be a pest, but this is a little over my head. I know how to
> >> make a
> >> batch file, but really don't know that much about writing Osql commands.
> >> If
> >> you would be so kind as to elaborate I would be grateful.
> >> Craig
> >>
> >> "kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message

Portfolio manager #3
can i set up sub account within account so as to segregate asset classes? also how do i open two accounts at the same time without selecting "all" In microsoft.public.money, Frageo wrote: >can i set up sub account within account so as to segregate asset classes? In Microsoft Money Portfolio views, you can GroupBy:InvestmentType. If that is not what you want to do, it is probable that you cannot do what you want to do. >also how do i open two accounts at the same time without selecting "all" In Microsoft Money Portfolio views, you can ChangePortfolioView->Cust...

Expenses not showing up in budget when paying from Cash account
I've set up a budget for Food : Dining Out and it works fine if I use my debit card when I eat out and the money comes straight from my checking account, but when I transfer money to my cash account (ie. withdrawal 10 dollars from the ATM) and then use that money to eat out on it doesn't show up at counting towards my budget. Is this supposed to work this way? I thought about just listing the transfer from checking to cash as Food : Dining Out but sometimes not all of the 10 dollars is used for food and plus I'd have to go back and edit it because when I go to the ATM I don't...

Report Manager 2003; Windows XP
Is there a Report Manager download for Excel 2003, using Windows XP. Previous posts contain a link to the Microsoft Web Site, but tha download does not appear to work with Windows XP -- Chris ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Chrisp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=636 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51062 Hi Chrisp See this KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873209 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Chrisp" <Chrisp...

Custom Roles
We created 2 custom roles for the sales team. Their core records permissions give them full control over opportunities. However, users in one of these 2 roles try to close an opportunity they get an error that says insufficient permissions. If we add a Core Role, like VP of Sales to the user account roles, while leaving the custom role in place the users can then close opportunities without an issue. Anybody have any idea why the custom role with the same permissions as the VP of Sales would not allow users to close opportunities? The security roles for these users need to have &quo...

In Excel how do I get 2 zeros to show automatically after I enter.
I am using Excel 2003. I have set my options to a fixed decimal with 2 places. When I enter 1495 the cell shows 14.95 but when I type in 14. the cell shows .14. How do I get 14.00 without entering the zeros? Jackson shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > I am using Excel 2003. I have set my options to a fixed decimal with > 2 places. When I enter 1495 the cell shows 14.95 but when I type in > 14. the cell shows .14. How do I get 14.00 without entering the > zeros? What if you enter 123: 1.23 or 12.30? -- Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1 If it ha...

Integration Manager
Bank transaction entry - source file is a single line per transaction, all source lines are checks. Importing into a foreign currency check book. I have the mapping for the debit/credit to be Use Default, the check amount is going into the originating debit column and the credit column in the source file is blank. When I try to import it, I'm getting originating debit and credit totals must match. I'm not sure what the problem is, as I've done a similar import on another GP instance and it worked without issues. Thanks. If you have your distributions (debit, credit, originating...

Dividend Yield not showing
In M2001 Deluxe in portfolio view, I've added the 'dividend yield' column. All the investments [except one] show blanks in the column even tho many have a multitude of dividend payment actions in their investment activities records. The one exception is a closed-end fund just bought that has had NO investment activities other than the initial purchase; this shows '7%'. What's going on here? Thanks, Mike mloy@citadelenterprises.com ...

Reports showing );} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML .
Hi, Maybe someone can help me? I updated to rollup 3. When I run reports for account summary. It shows this: v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Is this normal? Or is the program missing the appropriate icon and needs to be uploaded on the server in the correct folder somewhere? Any help would be most appreciated. ...

How to make an Add-in show under Run->Macro
Hi! I just managed to create an Add-in on our server that shows up fine on my workstation. The macro is not available though. I can see it and run it in VBE, but it's not listed under Run --> Macro. Please advice! Martin -- mliungman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mliungman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30397 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501594 It doesn't show, but you can still run it by typing it in the textbox myAddin.xla!MySub -- HTH Bob ...

How do i make the whole y axis label show up it wont show the end
When i label the y-axis the very last letter wont show up unless i print only that chart. I want to copy and paste it into a word document but i need the whole label to show up. This is a known problem in Excel 95 or earlier up to Excel 2003. I haven't heard of it in Excel 2007. Here is a bit of information about the problem: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/AxisLabelCutOff.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jordan" <Jordan@discussions.microsoft.co...

Customize Outlook Today #41
We just upgraded to a new computer and it came with Windows XP. Office was also loaded and everything is working fine except I can not open the "Customize Outlook Today" for customizing my outlook today page. How can I get this to work. Thanks tluethye@northwestmech.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We just upgraded to a new computer and it came with > Windows XP. Office was also loaded and everything is > working fine except I can not open the "Customize Outlook > Today" for customizing my outlook today page. How can I > get thi...

Embedded Chart doesn't show data value on treadline.
I have an embedded chart that I input data on a monthly basis. This month it is not showing the data that I input. It shows that trendline but not the value. I've gone into the Format Data Series tab and don't see anything that is out of wack. Can any one help? Does the chart have the min. or max. value specified for either the x or the y axis? If so, that might result in the new value not being shown. Does the chart series include the cell(s) with the new values? Click the plotted series. Check the range reference in the formula bar. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-m...

BP Requisition Management problem
I was working on the Approval Hierarchy when BP suddenly closed. When I went back in and tried to open up the hierarchy again, I was given a message "The approval hiearchy is being modified by another user." How do I solve this problem as it is thinking that I am that other user? Thanks, KJ ...

Can no longer customize Outlook Today for Outlook 2000
Over the past week or so I have discovered that I can no longer customize the Outlook Today screen in Outlook 2000. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem and if there were any solutions out there. (And please don't say upgrade to Outlook 2003 :) ) Thanks, Mat See the following KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Mat" <mathew@pceasy.com> wrote in message...

New Recipient Policy in Mailbox Manager
Hi, I created a new recipient policy for mailbox management to permanently delete all items in the Deleted Items folders of our mailboxes that are 30 days or older and set the size limit at 0 kb. I ran the Mailbox Manager and while it did delete about 500mb of items, it did not delete all of the items that are 30 days or older. I checked to make sure the the created date of the items in the deleted folder was older than 30 days, but there are a lot of old items that just did not get deleted. Can someone tell me what to look for? Thanks, What counts is the modified date. ...

I need to manage an email mailing list
Can anyone suggest an add-inn that can help Outlook 2003 managean email mailing list. I need to manage opt in's and outs etc -- Stephen Connolly www.constructiveearth.com "Stephen Connolly" <StephenConnolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD98D3E5-48A0-4883-9349-5DA466269D43@microsoft.com... > Can anyone suggest an add-inn that can help Outlook 2003 managean email > mailing list. I need to manage opt in's and outs etc > -- > Stephen Connolly > www.constructiveearth.com Search www.slipstick.com for third party utilities that might h...

Deleting/renaming custom attributes
Hi, I just added an attribute using the schema manager... and transposed two letters. How can I either delete (and reenter) the attribute or rename it? Thanks, Lindsay. After you have created an attribute there is not a way to delete or rename it (the name text box is grayed out) - you can restore from a SQL back though and start over >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I just added an attribute using the schema manager... and transposed two >letters. How can I either delete (and reenter) the attribute or rename it? > >Thanks, > >Lindsay. > > >. &...

Printing Custom "Receipts"
Is there any way to make a Custom POS button that, when pressed, will print whatever I tell it to out of the POS printer? i.e. Someone returns something thats damaged, the cashier could hit that button to print out a damage report. Or someone wants a gift receipt, just hit the button and BAM! gift receipt. None of these examples are what I want to do, just examples. ...

Subject Manager not available
Has anyone seen a case when one area, in this case Subject Manager within Settings, does not appear even though all authorizations are met and all other screens and objects are available? What can I look at to fix this? Darryl Which CRM license do you have? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP "Darryl" <darrylhen@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:0dfa01c46e9e$86489b90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > > Has anyone seen a case when one area, in this case Subject > Manager within Settings, does not appear even though all > authorizations are met and all other sc...

From Email Not Showing
When I receive email from some ISPs the email does not contain the "From" email of who sent me the email. Does this have to do with a setup in my Exchange Server? Will appreciate your input on this. Efrain Efrain <egarcia@shasc.org> wrote: >When I receive email from some ISPs the email does not contain the "From" email of who sent me the email. Does this have to do with a setup in my Exchange Server? No, it has to do with the fact that the message has no "From:" header and it's probably junk mail. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Ex...

Edit button image of a custom macro on the QuickAccess toolbar
In Office 2007, I made a macro (personal workbook for use among any/all files) and put it on the Quick Access toolbar. Now how do I change the picture of the icon? In the old Excel I would get the customize box up and then right click on the button. Then I would click on Edit Button Image, and I could "paint" the pixels however I wanted. -- Thanks, PTweety hi PTweety See this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "pickytweety" <pickytweety@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:995...

Sales by Vendor / customers / product report
Dear friends, We are using GP ver 8.0, i could not find any report that gives sales by vendor / sales by cusomers / sales by product. Could you please help on this. Thanks There is no standard report of that type. For the vendor, do you want the primary vendor or the vendor from whom you purchased the item you are selling? If you want the latter the level of complexity is much higher because of the tables involved. The Sales Line Items smartlist can give you sales by customer and item. The primary vendor may be available to add to the smartlist. If you want the vendor from who...

Form show child entity
I have an entity 'Person' that is associate with 0 to N 'Benefit' entities. I have a form for the person, and would like to make a tab that would allow me to view and edit these individual benefits. Can this be done? Hi Eric, In your Person entity, you may create an IFRAME on the Person form, then link to the benefit form in the IFRAME. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 1, 11:35=A0am, Eric Fleet <Eric Fl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an entity 'Person' that is associate with 0 to N 'Benefit' entiti...

cell to show 0 instead of #NA
Hi there excellers I am using this formula and I need it to show a 0 when there is nothing in colunm 2, "instead of the #NA" any help appreciated =VLOOKUP(B1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$500,2) regards Ditchy ditchy =if(iserror(VLOOKUP(B1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$500,2), 0, VLOOKUP(B1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$500,2)) Just watch the word wrap. I am not sure if it will show properly. But just piece it together if required. Regards, Kevin "ditchy" <ditchy@ncable.net.au> wrote in message news:dda1ad29.0310301940.7d33ac60@posting.google.com... > Hi there excellers > I am using this formula ...

make outlook 2007 show activities for that contact
when I click the activities tab of a contact in outlook 2007, it displays the entire activities entered so far, not just the ones for that contact. it was not like that in Outlook 2003. am i missing a setting? Contacts should only show the activities the contact is associated with. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLET...