Customer Report - Custom

Hello, I am hoping someone might assist me with a problem. I am trying to
customize a customer report to show the Notes from the customer file. It has
been suggested to me to run a query on this to pull the info I want. This is
great, but not ideally what I am looking for. I want anyone in the office to
be able to run the report and filter it to their specifications. For example:
we have an anual catalogue and we do not send it to everyone on our mailing
list. We want to send it to local customers who have spent money with us or
who specifically request a catalogue. We have used up all of the custom text
feilds for other info, so if we place a "note" in the customer file, "please
mail catalogue" then run a report on customer notes feild and filter it to
contain catalogue then we would have our list.

I know the Notes feild exists in the Customer Table, but when I try to add
the feild to the report I get only an error message.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
--
Happy Camper ~ Evie
0

Evie,

What sort of error are you getting? I was able to add the column to my .QRP
file, than add that field to the list of report fields to display, and was
even able to filter based on the contents of the field.

Bill Yater
The Worth Collection
byater@worthltd.com

"Evie" wrote:

> Hello, I am hoping someone might assist me with a problem. I am trying to
> customize a customer report to show the Notes from the customer file. It has
> been suggested to me to run a query on this to pull the info I want. This is
> great, but not ideally what I am looking for. I want anyone in the office to
> be able to run the report and filter it to their specifications. For example:
> we have an anual catalogue and we do not send it to everyone on our mailing
> list. We want to send it to local customers who have spent money with us or
> who specifically request a catalogue. We have used up all of the custom text
> feilds for other info, so if we place a "note" in the customer file, "please
> mail catalogue" then run a report on customer notes feild and filter it to
> contain catalogue then we would have our list.
>
> I know the Notes feild exists in the Customer Table, but when I try to add
> the feild to the report I get only an error message.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
> --
> Happy Camper ~ Evie
0
BillYater (133)
11/9/2006 7:31:01 PM
Thanks for your response.

The error message I get when trying to run the report is:

    Error reading report file C:\Programs ... \Memorized-Detailed Customer
List.qrp at line# 728 FeildName = "Customer.Notes"

Any ideas?

--
Happy Camper ~ Evie

"Bill Yater" wrote:

> Evie,
>
> What sort of error are you getting? I was able to add the column to my .QRP
> file, than add that field to the list of report fields to display, and was
> even able to filter based on the contents of the field.
>
> Bill Yater
> The Worth Collection
> byater@worthltd.com
>
> "Evie" wrote:
>
> > Hello, I am hoping someone might assist me with a problem. I am trying to
> > customize a customer report to show the Notes from the customer file. It has
> > been suggested to me to run a query on this to pull the info I want. This is
> > great, but not ideally what I am looking for. I want anyone in the office to
> > be able to run the report and filter it to their specifications. For example:
> > we have an anual catalogue and we do not send it to everyone on our mailing
> > list. We want to send it to local customers who have spent money with us or
> > who specifically request a catalogue. We have used up all of the custom text
> > feilds for other info, so if we place a "note" in the customer file, "please
> > mail catalogue" then run a report on customer notes feild and filter it to
> > contain catalogue then we would have our list.
> >
> > I know the Notes feild exists in the Customer Table, but when I try to add
> > the feild to the report I get only an error message.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
> > --
> > Happy Camper ~ Evie
0
Evie (9)
11/9/2006 8:26:01 PM
Evie,

Is this the real message you're getting?  If so, the word FieldName is
spelled wrong.

Otherwise, here is the column you need to add to your report;

Begin Column
   FieldName = "Customer.Notes"
   DrillDownFieldName = ""
   DrillDownReportName = ""
   Title = "Notes"
   VBDataType = vbString
   Formula = ""
   ColHidden = True
   ColNotDisplayable = False
   FilterDisabled = False
   ColWidth = 2500
   GroupMethod = groupmethodNone
   ColFormat = ""
   ColAlignment = flexAlignLeftCenter
End Column

--
Jeff
Check Point Software

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

"Evie" <Evie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your response.
>
> The error message I get when trying to run the report is:
>
>    Error reading report file C:\Programs ... \Memorized-Detailed Customer
> List.qrp at line# 728 FeildName = "Customer.Notes"
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> Happy Camper ~ Evie
>

> "Bill Yater" wrote:
>
>> Evie,
>>
>> What sort of error are you getting? I was able to add the column to my
>> .QRP
>> file, than add that field to the list of report fields to display, and
>> was
>> even able to filter based on the contents of the field.
>>
>> Bill Yater
>> The Worth Collection
>> byater@worthltd.com
>>
>> "Evie" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello, I am hoping someone might assist me with a problem. I am trying
>> > customize a customer report to show the Notes from the customer file.
>> > It has
>> > been suggested to me to run a query on this to pull the info I want.
>> > This is
>> > great, but not ideally what I am looking for. I want anyone in the
>> > office to
>> > be able to run the report and filter it to their specifications. For
>> > example:
>> > we have an anual catalogue and we do not send it to everyone on our
>> > mailing
>> > list. We want to send it to local customers who have spent money with
>> > us or
>> > who specifically request a catalogue. We have used up all of the custom
>> > text
>> > feilds for other info, so if we place a "note" in the customer file,
>> > "please
>> > mail catalogue" then run a report on customer notes feild and filter it
>> > contain catalogue then we would have our list.
>> >
>> > I know the Notes feild exists in the Customer Table, but when I try to
>> > add
>> > the feild to the report I get only an error message.
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
>> > --
>> > Happy Camper ~ Evie

0
cptsoft (1247)
11/10/2006 5:10:26 AM
That's exactly what my column definition looks like. If you need to (don't
know how long your notes are), you may need to convert this field to a fixed
length. In that case, the following lines apply:
   FieldName = "CustomerFixedLengthNotes"
   DrillDownFieldName = ""
   DrillDownReportName = ""
   StoreIDFieldName = ""
   Title = "Notes"
   VBDataType = vbString
   Formula = "CAST(customer.notes as nvarchar(50))"
   ColHidden = False
   ColNotDisplayable = False
   FilterDisabled = False
   ColWidth = 1395
   GroupMethod = groupmethodNone
   ColFormat = ""

Jeff is right; check your spelling of the word "field".

Bill Yater
The Worth Collection
byater@worthltd.com

"Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:

> Evie,
>
> Is this the real message you're getting?  If so, the word FieldName is
> spelled wrong.
>
> Otherwise, here is the column you need to add to your report;
>
> Begin Column
>    FieldName = "Customer.Notes"
>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>    Title = "Notes"
>    VBDataType = vbString
>    Formula = ""
>    ColHidden = True
>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>    FilterDisabled = False
>    ColWidth = 2500
>    GroupMethod = groupmethodNone
>    ColFormat = ""
>    ColAlignment = flexAlignLeftCenter
> End Column
>

> --
> Jeff
> Check Point Software

> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
> follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>

> "Evie" <Evie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your response.
> >
> > The error message I get when trying to run the report is:
> >
> >    Error reading report file C:\Programs ... \Memorized-Detailed Customer
> > List.qrp at line# 728 FeildName = "Customer.Notes"
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > --
> > Happy Camper ~ Evie
> >

> > "Bill Yater" wrote:
> >
> >> Evie,
> >>
> >> What sort of error are you getting? I was able to add the column to my
> >> .QRP
> >> file, than add that field to the list of report fields to display, and
> >> was
> >> even able to filter based on the contents of the field.
> >>
> >> Bill Yater
> >> The Worth Collection
> >> byater@worthltd.com

0
BillYater (133)
11/10/2006 1:47:01 PM
Thanks Jeff and Bill for your replies.

In my response to Bill, I typed 'field' wrong. I wrote it correctly in the
report and the error message indicates the correct spelling too. I tried both
of your solutions and they both returned the same error message I originally
received (only with different field names in quotes, of course).

I know that it should work and it is very frustrating that it does not.
Perhaps the problem is not the field name but something else?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Again thanks for your time!
--
Happy Camper ~ Evie

"Bill Yater" wrote:

> That's exactly what my column definition looks like. If you need to (don't
> know how long your notes are), you may need to convert this field to a fixed
> length. In that case, the following lines apply:
>    FieldName = "CustomerFixedLengthNotes"
>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>    StoreIDFieldName = ""
>    Title = "Notes"
>    VBDataType = vbString
>    Formula = "CAST(customer.notes as nvarchar(50))"
>    ColHidden = False
>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>    FilterDisabled = False
>    ColWidth = 1395
>    GroupMethod = groupmethodNone
>    ColFormat = ""
>
> Jeff is right; check your spelling of the word "field".
>

> Bill Yater
> The Worth Collection
> byater@worthltd.com
>

> "Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:
>
> > Evie,
> >
> > Is this the real message you're getting?  If so, the word FieldName is
> > spelled wrong.
> >
> > Otherwise, here is the column you need to add to your report;
> >
> > Begin Column
> >    FieldName = "Customer.Notes"
> >    DrillDownFieldName = ""
> >    DrillDownReportName = ""
> >    Title = "Notes"
> >    VBDataType = vbString
> >    Formula = ""
> >    ColHidden = True
> >    ColNotDisplayable = False
> >    FilterDisabled = False
> >    ColWidth = 2500
> >    GroupMethod = groupmethodNone
> >    ColFormat = ""
> >    ColAlignment = flexAlignLeftCenter
> > End Column
> >

> > --
> > Jeff
> > Check Point Software

> > You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> > see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
> > follow
> > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"
> > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
> >

> > "Evie" <Evie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for your response.
> > >
> > > The error message I get when trying to run the report is:
> > >
> > >    Error reading report file C:\Programs ... \Memorized-Detailed Customer
> > > List.qrp at line# 728 FeildName = "Customer.Notes"
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Happy Camper ~ Evie

0
Evie (9)
11/10/2006 2:50:02 PM
Why don't you just post you file?  Follow the instrucions in Jeff's
footer to connect to the group using outlook Express and add the file as
an attachment...

You probably either have a syntax error just above the specified line,
or you may have exceeded the maximum number of columns - I think you can
have up to 40...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Evie wrote:
> Thanks Jeff and Bill for your replies.
>
> In my response to Bill, I typed 'field' wrong. I wrote it correctly in the
> report and the error message indicates the correct spelling too. I tried both
> of your solutions and they both returned the same error message I originally
> received (only with different field names in quotes, of course).
>
> I know that it should work and it is very frustrating that it does not.
> Perhaps the problem is not the field name but something else?
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated. Again thanks for your time!
0
glenn9672 (1267)
11/10/2006 8:43:16 PM
Thank you Glenn,

You are brilliant!!! There were too many columns in the report. Once I
removed one, it worked just fine!

Thanks again!
--
Happy Camper ~ Evie

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Why don't you just post you file?  Follow the instrucions in Jeff's
> footer to connect to the group using outlook Express and add the file as
> an attachment...
>
> You probably either have a syntax error just above the specified line,
> or you may have exceeded the maximum number of columns - I think you can
> have up to 40...
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Evie wrote:
> > Thanks Jeff and Bill for your replies.
> >
> > In my response to Bill, I typed 'field' wrong. I wrote it correctly in the
> > report and the error message indicates the correct spelling too. I tried both
> > of your solutions and they both returned the same error message I originally
> > received (only with different field names in quotes, of course).
> >
> > I know that it should work and it is very frustrating that it does not.
> > Perhaps the problem is not the field name but something else?
> >
> > Any ideas would be appreciated. Again thanks for your time!

0
Evie (9)

installing the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'
I have installed Visual Studio 2005 inorder to use the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' (that is also shipped on the CRM Server CD) but during the install the prerequisets say that I have not installed visual basic .net on my server. From my research SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' software works inside Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 version. Please could someone let me know what I need to do to run the reporting services? You should need the Report designer in order for basic Report Services to work. I would also suggest installing Reporting Services be...

Access 2007: Report>OnNoData Function
In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in the OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise return to the calling form. In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives me an error message on top of it. I've also tried "Cancel=True". I'm new to this version of Access. Has something Changed, here? Thanks in Advance bh Using the CancelEvent action in a macro, or setting the Cancel argument to True in code - both approaches should work in A2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Pert...

Inventory Report showing material and Labor costs
Using V9.0, manufacturing. I cant find a report that shows material and labor costs for an item that we build Where can I find this report? I know I can look up a Manufacturing Order, and then the variance window but a lot of times we dont know the MO number. This usually comes from when we invoice for the item, and find out the costs are not correct. thanks -- Doug Well, with manufacturing, the costs are generated MO by MO. There is no report that sumarizes a range of MOs. You could create this in Crystal or SRS. You would want, for each cost category, to list the average, mi...

Hidden report filter in CRM
I created a report that involves accounts, opportunity and opportunity products. It works great in SRSS. After I import it to CRM, I clear off the default filters on accounts and opportunity entities. There is no filter visible on opportunity product. The report when run in CRM does not look right. When I did a trace, it seems that there is a filter for looking at opportunity products modified in last 30 days. However, when I edit the default filter, I dont even the opportunity product entity listed there. My question is how can I remove this filter from this report. I tried to import ...

40 report wizard
Hi all, I want to create a report which will produce a chart, "amount of accounts created by users". X axis will be users and Y axis will be number of accounts created. When I try, the graph section is disabled in the wizard. Someone says there must be an integer column, but I do not have any in my implementation. Did I missed something? Thank you. Is this the 4.0 Report Wizard or an SRS report? If its SRS are you doing a count of any fields. =count(filteredaccount.accountid) Thank you for the reply. So, report wizard is perfect, but in some cases we still need programming ...

Grouping in a Report
The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. The visible property is set to 'yes'. -- Rugiem Is the section displaying? Are there values in the text box? Are you sure this is a group footer and not the page footer? What happens if you change the background color of the section to yellow? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rugiem" wrote: > The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. > The visible property is set to 'yes'. > -- > Rugiem ...

bin number on sop report
Hi all we are using gp 9.0 and would like to add bin numbers to the sop blank invoice form and are having some problems does anyone know how this can be done ? Hi Steve, Due to a report writer limitation of only being able to have one 1 to many relationship from the SOP_LINE_WORK table, it would take a fair amount of work to add the bin. Currently the Serial/Lot information links to the SOP_LINE_WORK table and that is a 1 to many relationship. If it so happened you do not use serial/lots it would be easy because you could remove the serial/lot information and table that is used in ...

2005 printing the Tax Category Manager report
I desperatly need to print a report that shows line by line the category to tax form associations. Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... Yet I can't find any way of doing this. Using money 2005 SB. Thanks, Cameron In microsoft.public.money, Cameron wrote: >I desperatly need to print a report that >shows line by line the category to tax form associations. >Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... >Yet I can't find any way of doing this. >Using money 2005 SB. If you would like to print an image of the page, you can position things as you wa...

Exchange reporting #3
Hello, I have an exchange server 03, sp2. Does anyone know of a freebie program I can use to pull exchange stats. I am looking mostly for number of users, mailbox size and number of messages contained within. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried a few pruchase programs in demo mode, namely messagestats and promodag. Haven't had much luck running them actually they are limited in demo mode. Perfmon is free. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dustin Fulmer" <DustinFulmer@discussions.microso...

Include/Exclude filter in reports
Hi all, I am trying to modify the default value of the Include/Exclude filter in the Account Overview report. How can I set it in design mode? Also, what difference does that drop down really make? I run the report for an account that has sub-accounts and tried it both ways but the output was always the same!! Thanks, Mohamed 1.In Microsoft CRM,Select your report in the Reports grid. 2.In the toolbar, point to More Actions, and then click Edit Default Filter from the menu. 3.In the Report Viewer dialog, define the default filter criteria that will be used every time the report is run. 4....

setting "top" of report footer by VBA?
Hello, I need to print a report with the report footer always appearing at the bottom of the last page: The usable space on a page is 11,329 twips (19.98 cm), the report footer height is 6,611 twips (11.66 cm). That is, I need the report footer to start at 4,718 twips from the top of the page. The report footer contains labels with company name and address as well as the "legal stuff". I cannot use the page footer for an "if me.page = me.pages" construction because the page footer contains labels and text boxes with document number, revision and release ...

Link Tables in Report Writer
Hi everyone, Im working with Report Writer in GP10 I read David articles and they are interesting but my question is: for exemple I want to add the "expiration date" to the "POP Receivings Posting journal" report let's assume I found the table containing the "expiration date" how do I get to it when creating table relationships Im new with GP and Im having difficulties what tables to link to get the final table. I really tried everything to figure it out but I didn't succeed I hope I was clear explaning this. thank you guys in advance It sounds li...

Reporting
Dear Excel Experts, I need your help assessing whether the following project can be done using Excel. I'm an Excel newbie and would greatly appreciate the feedback. I just need a pointer in the right direction... anyway, this is what I have to do. I receive a large table with about 2000 records periodically and I need to generate a report based on this data. There are many fields in the table but the relevant ones to the problem are Country Product Group Sales Order Number Delivery Number Available (this is a boolean field, Y or N) I need to do a report on how many products were avail...

Sales Open Order Report with PROFIT MARGIN
Hi, does anybody knows if it's possible to modify the Sales Open Order Report whith Report Writer to include a field with a Profit Margin? Or is there a way to get the info from the Sales Open Order Report using SmartList? We're using GPv.8.0 Thanks. -- National Packaging Services When using a perpetual inventory method the COGS is not calculated until the Invoice is posted. Therefore the profit margin cannot be determined on an Order. You can use the Current Cost field to estimate, but the amount may change once the Order is transferred to an Invoice and then the Invoice is ...

do not include discontinued items in reports
There should be an option with most Inventory reports to not include Inventory Items that are marked with an inventory type of Discontinued. Some reports allow to not include zero quantities, but sometimes there are discontinued items with a quantity which you do not want included in the report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft ...

Reports duplicating rows of information
Hi, I have inherited an Access 2000 database. Whilst i am in the process of bringing to a useable standard, it is producing an unusual glitch. I have a form which is used for orders, which the data is subsequently used for producing order forms and invoice sheets. At random times the Report will replicated lines of data from one of the subforms. The data only appears in the table once and I can only see this error on the forms themselves. I am bound to have many other queries as I have become used to using 2007. Thanks in advance Charlotte In your query designer, ...

Can I see the summary report of each resouce's booking status ?
Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. Is there any method to view the summary report ? for example, a summary report show which meeting room booked by which one for what agenda. I have tried to use public folder with email address, but can't register by AutoAcceptAgent. Any one has any idea of such request ? Pls help soon. Thanks. On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:14:02 -0700, Enid <Enid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. >Is there any method to view the summary repor...

Excel Report Builder Samples
Hi, The SP2 for GP 10 has been released (as has Feature Pack 1). Within this is Excel Report Builder as part of the SmartList Builder. Installation was not an issue, but now my developers are asking where the 'over 200 sample Excel Reports' are that are supposed to come with Excel Report Builder. Can anyone point me to where I may find these samples? Much Thanks Jerry On Jun 12, 1:57=A0pm, malt09 <jbier...@sympatico.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > The SP2 for GP 10 has been released (as has Feature Pack 1). =A0Within > this is Excel Report Builder as part of the SmartList ...

Access report margins on differents computer
Hi, I'm havin a serious problem with the margin of one (only one) of the reports of my application. On the developpment machine and on all the others the report print as expected, however on a machine in particular the margins seem to reset to default values. When I preview the reports I can see that the content is too large for the page. If I go in the page setup window the value are all normal. If I close the window by clicking OK, nothing happen, but if I make a small change to any parameter (incresing a margin by 1mm for example) and then click OK. The preview is redrawn correctly th...

multi-company FRx reports
in FRx 6.5 and GP10, if company A and Company B have the same COA structre, can I create a report pulling data from both company databases and create a consolidated financial statement? Can I combine both the budget and actuals? Jim, Yes, what you're asking for is exactly what FRx does. If you are just starting out with FRx, I highly recommend a little training. An hour or two is typically enough for most users to be off creating their own reports. A little surprising to hear you say that you're on FRx 6.5 with GP 10.0 - the current version of FRx is 6.7 and ha...

Characters not displaying in Reports
Hi I have a problem where certain characters are not displaying when i print reports. An example of the characters would be: ĨħĪĩčċ‹ēĖĖĝĜ which when they are printed within the report come out as: ??????‹????? Is there any reason for it doing this? Is there any way to get the report to display these characters? The reason I would like the characters displayed is due to the Romanian language using some of those said characters. "Are you sick" becomes "eşti tu bolnav?" where the 'ş' is displayed as '?' Thank you very much in advance If this is just...

Crystal reports for individual records
I have seen several posts that indicate that parameters cannot be sent to a CRM crystal report. If this is the case, how can a customized report be created run on individual records (i.e. custom quotes)? Any suggestions are appreciated. ...

Too Many Fields in a Report?
Has anybody ever had this problem? I have a table with a lot of fields in it. I'm trying to be able to pull up a report with my table's values in it. When I go to "create report by using wizard" I select all the fields for the table that I want it to display. Go through the rest of the set up. The report has to be in the "Tabular" layout. (that part is important for what I'm trying to produce). Then I go to generate the form and this error comes up..."The wizard is unable to create your form or report because you chose too many fields; please try agai...

Adding a long subitem in Report View of a CListCtrl
Hello everyone, I am trying to show the contents of a table in a CListCtrl. However, since the contents of the table varies greatly in length, is there a way for me to make the contents of the subitem do an automatic word wrap when it reaches the width limit of the column? I have tried looking on the web and searched through the MSDN Library but I couldn't find anything. I have thought of an alternative, which is to add a new empty row so that the additional text will be shown in another row. However, that didn't work either. Last but not lest, I also tried using the new line charact...

automatical error reports to Microsoft
Hi. Years ago, I elected to send those auto messages to MS when a program crashed. I now feel I have done my civic duty and no longer wish to participate. Somehow, I accidentally found a place to turn it off, and for a few days or weeks maybe had blessed relief. Now Outlook is back to asking me to send a report every time it crashes...which is a lot. Anybody know how to tell it to stop asking? I'll be eternally grateful. -- hammar2007 It is a function of Windows XP. Please look up Error Reporting in Windows Help and support, and follow the links to change the settings....