Customer Address

Ok.  I know it must be easy because I can't see any post on this but I have
to ask anyway.  I know how to run mailing labels using Crystal Reports but,
I want it in a different format.  I want to export to excel the First Name,
Last Name,  Street Address, City, Zip.  I then want to sort by zip code and
eliminate any duplicates in my customer base for mailing labels.  I know I
have some duplicates because the customer account number is the phone number
and some customers have given multiple phone numbers.  I tried a Query but I
keep coming up with an error stating FirstName was invalid.  Please help!!
0
Lisa1 (290)
5/24/2006 8:38:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hey Jeff,

I need to generate the same report, but don't see the custom report you're
referencing. Also, will this allow me to output the list to Excell to give to
a mailhouse?
tnks

"Jeff" wrote:

> Lisa,
>
> Copy the attached report into the Reports folder.
>
> Run the report, SO Manager | Reports | Custom | Customer List Detail
>
> Add or subtract fields by right clicking on the body of the report,
> Show/Hide Columns. check or uncheck as needed.
>
> Re-sort the report by dragging the column you want to sort on to the first
> column on the left.
>
> Really no need to export to Excel to fix the list, do it all in the report.
>
> Remember you are working with _live_ data!!  Make a backup first!!
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok.  I know it must be easy because I can't see any post on this but I have
> to ask anyway.  I know how to run mailing labels using Crystal Reports but,
> I want it in a different format.  I want to export to excel the First Name,
> Last Name,  Street Address, City, Zip.  I then want to sort by zip code and
> eliminate any duplicates in my customer base for mailing labels.  I know I
> have some duplicates because the customer account number is the phone number
> and some customers have given multiple phone numbers.  I tried a Query but I
> keep coming up with an error stating FirstName was invalid.  Please help!!

0
Jim8980 (510)
6/28/2006 12:44:03 AM
Jim,

From the bottom of every one of my posts;

**** snip ****

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

 http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**** snip ****

Yes, you can then export to Excel (file type: CSV), text (Tab delimited),
XML or HTML by right clicking on the body of the report | Export |
Destination | pick your poison

--
*

"Jeff" wrote:

> Lisa,
>
> Copy the attached report into the Reports folder.
>
> Run the report, SO Manager | Reports | Custom | Customer List Detail
>
> Add or subtract fields by right clicking on the body of the report,
> Show/Hide Columns. check or uncheck as needed.
>
> Re-sort the report by dragging the column you want to sort on to the first
> column on the left.
>
> Really no need to export to Excel to fix the list, do it all in the
> report.
>
> Remember you are working with _live_ data!!  Make a backup first!!
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
> follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok.  I know it must be easy because I can't see any post on this but I
> have
> to ask anyway.  I know how to run mailing labels using Crystal Reports
> but,
> I want it in a different format.  I want to export to excel the First
> Name,
> Last Name,  Street Address, City, Zip.  I then want to sort by zip code
> and
> eliminate any duplicates in my customer base for mailing labels.  I know I
> have some duplicates because the customer account number is the phone
> number
> and some customers have given multiple phone numbers.  I tried a Query but
> keep coming up with an error stating FirstName was invalid.  Please help!!

0
spam3944 (2163)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Adding users to address books
I was hoping to have a user be a member of two separate address books. Does anyone know if this is possible. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you. One user can be the member of multiple address lists as long as the user meets the criteria specified in the filter of each address list. "Rio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20da101c45a0f$09a4c8a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I was hoping to have a user be a member of two separate > address books. Does anyone know if this is possible. > Any help greatly appreciated. > Thank you. ...

Exchange addressing and forwarding
Hello, I am running Exchange 2000 server and I have a question about an addressing and forwarding problem. Here is what we want to achieve, -1 external email address for vendors to send requests for information -multiple recipients of the email internally, with everybody being aware that the email was received What kind of rules, or forwarding do I have to setup to achieve this? I have the external email address setup already and I can log on and see that it is receiving email as it is supposed to. It will not be practical to have a dedicated computer setup to run a client side version o...

Custom toolbar and macros

how do I merge hotmail address book with outlook
I am trying to put my hotmail addresses in my outlook..how do I do this? There is an "Import/Export" wizard..save them as .csv form. You must first export them from hotmail and then import them into Outlook. "Marlane" <Marlane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AD76485-B97C-4F28-8425-9EF2263A5273@microsoft.com... >I am trying to put my hotmail addresses in my outlook..how do I do this? ...

toolbar customization

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Customer Report

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

GPS Customization Query

Custom X-axis

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

OL 2K will NOT show e-mail addresses in to field
Again - tough noogies. Learn to post some useful information, such as the version of Outlook and WHAT email addresses you want to see in the TO field as opposed to what you are seeing now. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, outlook victim asked: ...

How do I set up Outlook for another email address? #2
I have tried to set it up for my bellsouth e-mail to go to Outlook and need help to figure it out. How can I access the wizard to walk me through this. It should have come up when I tried to set everything up. Control Panel->Mail Icon->Accounts->Add. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Travis White asked: | I have tried to set it up for my bellsouth e-mail to go to Outlook | and need help to figure it...

customize public folder
Hi, I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. 1) I want to remove or hide the "favorites" folder under the public folder tree? 2) May I not to use the existing public folder tree structure? Public folder --> All Public folders --> (Company contacts) Public folder --> (Company contacts) Thanks, On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:32:25 +0800, "Classmate" <NoEmailAddress@abc.com.hk> wrote: >Hi, > > > > I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. > > > >1)...

Custom ActiveX control fails on release build
Some time ago I created simple custom control (.ocx) using Visual Basic 6. Recently I decided to also use my control in VC++ apps. VB: Using the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard and the Property Page Wizard I added the appropriate handlers and a simple property page to change the appearance, border, colors, and fonts. Nothing special there. VC: The control was installed and registered on the test machine through the installer and is located in the system folder. On the development machine the application runs fine and the new control works great. On the test machine the dialog box fail...

Custom colors
I hope someone can help me out on this one please! I mixed a few new colors using RGB that I want applied to certain cells on a spreadsheet that will be shared among many users. The problem is, I noticed that setting RGB only changes the color pallette and if the user resets or changes their color pallette, then my colors are all reset on the spreadsheet (and they look bad!). Apparently its all linked by the color index? i.e. If the user changes their color index, that change updates the spreadsheet color. Is there is foolproof (or at least better) way of applying custom shading t...

auto fill in customer when contact selected
Hello, I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the customer related to the contact?? Any help mucho appreciated. You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Ian" wrote: > Hello, > > I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) > > In a case when a user selects a contact...

Address Book Export Issues in Outlook 98 and O. Express
Outlook 98 is my primary email, and Outlook Express 6 is also used for newsgroups. When I open the Outlook 98 Address Book and go to File in the menu bar, both Import and Export in the drop down menu are grayed out. To enable these commands, a MS Knowledge base article said to switch to "Do not share contact info with other Outlook...", which I did. But now when I try open the Address Book from within in 98, I get the Express Address Book ("Main Identity) with no Contacts instead of the 98 Address Book, and Import and Export are still grayed out. Very confusing!! ...