custom report filter by customer & supplier

We would like to have the reporting capability to pull a customer list with
name, address, email and phone number (where available of course) filtered on
customers who have purchased Vera Bradley(Supplier) products in the past.  We
do use Vera Bradley as a department.

The output would be, for example, 1000 customers out of 4000 in the total
customer database have purchased a Vera Bradley product and thus show Vera
Bradley in their detailed customer purchases.  The report would give us just
the subset of 1000 customers to use for target marketing purposes.  The
report would need to be replicatable, such that we could pull updated reports
regularly to use for marketing purposes.

Thanks for the support
Dave

0
DCR (67)
11/13/2007 8:41:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi DCR,

We have done a customer statement report for our client, whic can be
customized.

Please drop a email to discuss.

Regards,
Manick
manick.m@hotmail.com

"DCR" wrote:

> We would like to have the reporting capability to pull a customer list with
> name, address, email and phone number (where available of course) filtered on
> customers who have purchased Vera Bradley(Supplier) products in the past.  We
> do use Vera Bradley as a department.
>
> The output would be, for example, 1000 customers out of 4000 in the total
> customer database have purchased a Vera Bradley product and thus show Vera
> Bradley in their detailed customer purchases.  The report would give us just
> the subset of 1000 customers to use for target marketing purposes.  The
> report would need to be replicatable, such that we could pull updated reports
> regularly to use for marketing purposes.
>
> Thanks for the support
> Dave

0
manick (194)

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01C82643.8855D550

------=_NextPart_001_007B_01C82643.8855D550

DCR,

Try the one attached.  It will do Dept and/or Cat

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "DCR" <DCR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  We would like to have the reporting capability to pull a customer list =
with=20
  name, address, email and phone number (where available of course) =
filtered on=20
  customers who have purchased Vera Bradley(Supplier) products in the =
past.  We=20
  do use Vera Bradley as a department. =20

  The output would be, for example, 1000 customers out of 4000 in the =
total=20
  customer database have purchased a Vera Bradley product and thus show =
Vera=20
  Bradley in their detailed customer purchases.  The report would give =
us just=20
  the subset of 1000 customers to use for target marketing purposes.  =
The=20
  report would need to be replicatable, such that we could pull updated =
reports=20
  regularly to use for marketing purposes.

  Thanks for the support
  Dave

------=_NextPart_001_007B_01C82643.8855D550

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16546" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008000 size=3D2>DCR,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008000 size=3D2>Try the one =
attached.&nbsp; It will=20
do Dept and/or Cat</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"DCR" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:DCR@discussions.microsoft.com&#10;CTRL + Click to =
follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:DCR@discussions.microsoft.com">DCR@discussions.microsoft.c=
om</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:2C0E788E-D8B3-42B6-B26A-FBE8B2310761@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:2C0E788E-D8B3-42B6-B26A-FBE8B2310761@microsoft.com">news:2C0=
E788E-D8B3-42B6-B26A-FBE8B2310761@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>We=20
  would like to have the reporting capability to pull a customer list =
with=20
  <BR>name, address, email and phone number (where available of course) =
filtered=20
  on <BR>customers who have purchased Vera Bradley(Supplier) products in =
the=20
  past.&nbsp; We <BR>do use Vera Bradley as a department.&nbsp; =
<BR><BR>The=20
  output would be, for example, 1000 customers out of 4000 in the total=20
  <BR>customer database have purchased a Vera Bradley product and thus =
show Vera=20
  <BR>Bradley in their detailed customer purchases.&nbsp; The report =
would give=20
  us just <BR>the subset of 1000 customers to use for target marketing=20
  purposes.&nbsp; The <BR>report would need to be replicatable, such =
that we=20
  could pull updated reports <BR>regularly to use for marketing=20
  purposes.<BR><BR>Thanks for the =
support<BR>Dave<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_007B_01C82643.8855D550--

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01C82643.8855D550
	filename="Custom - Sales - Recall.qrp"

//--- Report Summary --- //

Begin ReportSummary
   ReportType =3D reporttypeCustomer
   ReportTitle =3D "Sales Recall Report"
   PageOrientation =3D pageorientationLandscape
   OutLineMode =3D True
   Groups =3D 0
   GroupDescription =3D "Total"
   DisplayLogo =3D True
   LogoFileName =3D "MyLogo.bmp"
   ProcedureCall =3D ""
   TablesQueried =3D "FROM Customer INNER JOIN [Transaction] ON =
Customer.Id =3D [Transaction].CustomerId INNER JOIN TransactionEntry ON =
TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber =3D [Transaction].TransactionNumber =
INNER JOIN Item ON Item.Id =3D TransactionEntry.ItemId LEFT JOIN =
Department WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.DepartmentID =3D Department.ID LEFT JOIN =
 Category WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.CategoryID =3D Category.ID"
   SelCriteria =3D ""
   GroupBy =3D ""
   SortOrder =3D ""
End ReportSummary

//--- Title Rows ---//

Begin TitleRow
   Text =3D "<Store Name>"
   Font =3D "Arial"
   FontBold =3D True
   FontSize =3D 16
   Color =3D "Blue"
End TitleRow

Begin TitleRow
   Text =3D "<Report Title>"
   Font =3D "Arial"
   FontBold =3D True
   FontSize =3D 12
   Color =3D "Black"
End TitleRow

Begin TitleRow
   Text =3D "As Of: <Report Date>"
   Font =3D "Arial"
   FontBold =3D True
   FontSize =3D 10
   Color =3D "Black"
End TitleRow

Begin TitleRow
   Text =3D "Designed and/or modified by Microsoft Corp. and/or Check =
Point Software"
   Font =3D "Arial"
   FontBold =3D False
   FontSize =3D 8
   Color =3D "Black"
End TitleRow

//--- Filters ---//

Begin Filter
   FieldName =3D "[Transaction].Time"
   FilterOp =3D reportfilteropBetween
   FilterLoLim =3D "<YearStart>"
   FilterHilim =3D "<Today>"
End Filter

//--- Columns ---//

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "distinct Customer.AccountNumber"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D "Customer.AccountNumber"
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Account #"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1100
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "CustomerName"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Name"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D "Customer.LastName + ', ' + Customer.FirstName"
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1860
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Customer.Company"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Company"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D True
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1495
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Customer.Address"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Address"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1580
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
   ColAlignment =3D flexAlignLeftCenter
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Customer.Address2"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Address 2"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D True
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1380
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
   ColAlignment =3D flexAlignLeftCenter
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Customer.City"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "City"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1080
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
   ColAlignment =3D flexAlignLeftCenter
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Customer.State"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "State"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 980
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
   ColAlignment =3D flexAlignCenterCenter
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Customer.Zip"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Zip"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 880
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
   ColAlignment =3D flexAlignLeftCenter
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Customer.PhoneNumber"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Phone #"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1365
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Customer.FaxNumber"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Fax #"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D True
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1365
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Customer.EmailAddress"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Email"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1365
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Item.ItemLookupCode"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D "Item.ITemLookupCode"
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "ILC"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1200
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
   ColAlignment =3D flexAlignLeftCenter
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "[Transaction].Time"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Date Sold"
   VBDataType =3D vbDate
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D True
   ColNotDisplayable =3D True
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 900
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Department.Name"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D "Department.Name"
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Department"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1500
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
   ColAlignment =3D flexAlignCenterCenter
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Category.Name"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D "Category.Name"
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Category"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1500
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
   ColAlignment =3D flexAlignCenterCenter
End Column

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01C82643.8855D550--

0
cptsoft (1247)
11/14/2007 6:21:27 AM
This feature is available in our upcoming release of V.I.P. Zone v1.1.
You can accomplish what you describe in less than a minute including export
of the mailing or email addresses to a file (CSV or tab-delimited).
You can also filter by 'bought handbags, not luggage', date range, specific
bags, # visits, $'s, additional tab fields, etc. and save your settings as a
template for instant recall.
Counts appear in real-time as you define your filters so you know how many
customers you'll be reaching before you export the list.
V.I.P. Zone also performs USPS street validation as you add new customer
accounts, finds addresses by reverse phone number lookup, allows you to
merge duplicate accounts, provides global editing at the store level (for HQ
users), and more.

Request a 30 day trial of the v1.1 beta by filling out our download form.
www.digitalretailer.com/trial
Mention "Send v1.1 beta" in the Comment box to ensure you receive the new
version.

Greg
Digital Retail Solutions
www.digitalretailer.com/RMSaddins  (v1.x and 2.x compliant)

"DCR" <DCR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We would like to have the reporting capability to pull a customer list
> with
> name, address, email and phone number (where available of course) filtered
> on
> customers who have purchased Vera Bradley(Supplier) products in the past.
> We
> do use Vera Bradley as a department.
>
> The output would be, for example, 1000 customers out of 4000 in the total
> customer database have purchased a Vera Bradley product and thus show Vera
> Bradley in their detailed customer purchases.  The report would give us
> just
> the subset of 1000 customers to use for target marketing purposes.  The
> report would need to be replicatable, such that we could pull updated
> reports
> regularly to use for marketing purposes.
>
> Thanks for the support
> Dave

0
support7094 (156)

installing the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'
I have installed Visual Studio 2005 inorder to use the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' (that is also shipped on the CRM Server CD) but during the install the prerequisets say that I have not installed visual basic .net on my server. From my research SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' software works inside Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 version. Please could someone let me know what I need to do to run the reporting services? You should need the Report designer in order for basic Report Services to work. I would also suggest installing Reporting Services be...

Custom toolbar and macros

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Access 2007: Report>OnNoData Function
In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in the OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise return to the calling form. In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives me an error message on top of it. I've also tried "Cancel=True". I'm new to this version of Access. Has something Changed, here? Thanks in Advance bh Using the CancelEvent action in a macro, or setting the Cancel argument to True in code - both approaches should work in A2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Pert...

toolbar customization

Inventory Report showing material and Labor costs
Using V9.0, manufacturing. I cant find a report that shows material and labor costs for an item that we build Where can I find this report? I know I can look up a Manufacturing Order, and then the variance window but a lot of times we dont know the MO number. This usually comes from when we invoice for the item, and find out the costs are not correct. thanks -- Doug Well, with manufacturing, the costs are generated MO by MO. There is no report that sumarizes a range of MOs. You could create this in Crystal or SRS. You would want, for each cost category, to list the average, mi...

Hidden report filter in CRM
I created a report that involves accounts, opportunity and opportunity products. It works great in SRSS. After I import it to CRM, I clear off the default filters on accounts and opportunity entities. There is no filter visible on opportunity product. The report when run in CRM does not look right. When I did a trace, it seems that there is a filter for looking at opportunity products modified in last 30 days. However, when I edit the default filter, I dont even the opportunity product entity listed there. My question is how can I remove this filter from this report. I tried to import ...

Exchange 2003
Does anyone know when the Exchange 2003 Intelligent Message Filter will be available? http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/security/imfoverview.asp We do have current SA on our Exchange and CALs, and our local MS Office and reseller don't know anything about it. Thanks in advance. Hopefully soon! On Mon, 3 May 2004 08:22:20 -0600, "Research Services" <key@lamar.n0-sp@m.colostate.edu.NO> wrote: >Does anyone know when the Exchange 2003 Intelligent Message Filter will be >available? >http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/security/imfoverview.asp >...

40 report wizard
Hi all, I want to create a report which will produce a chart, "amount of accounts created by users". X axis will be users and Y axis will be number of accounts created. When I try, the graph section is disabled in the wizard. Someone says there must be an integer column, but I do not have any in my implementation. Did I missed something? Thank you. Is this the 4.0 Report Wizard or an SRS report? If its SRS are you doing a count of any fields. =count(filteredaccount.accountid) Thank you for the reply. So, report wizard is perfect, but in some cases we still need programming ...

Customize Does not WOrk

Grouping in a Report
The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. The visible property is set to 'yes'. -- Rugiem Is the section displaying? Are there values in the text box? Are you sure this is a group footer and not the page footer? What happens if you change the background color of the section to yellow? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rugiem" wrote: > The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. > The visible property is set to 'yes'. > -- > Rugiem ...

bin number on sop report
Hi all we are using gp 9.0 and would like to add bin numbers to the sop blank invoice form and are having some problems does anyone know how this can be done ? Hi Steve, Due to a report writer limitation of only being able to have one 1 to many relationship from the SOP_LINE_WORK table, it would take a fair amount of work to add the bin. Currently the Serial/Lot information links to the SOP_LINE_WORK table and that is a 1 to many relationship. If it so happened you do not use serial/lots it would be easy because you could remove the serial/lot information and table that is used in ...

Alias filter for Detail Sales
I have a customer who wants Alias added to their Detail Sales. How can this be done. >thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01CAABC6.78E3CDB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The problem with adding the Alias to the detailed sales report is the = relationship from the Item table to Alias. Because you can have more = than one Alias per Item you can end up with duplicate Item sales records = on your report. For example: Item A has an alias 1 and 2. Item A gets sold. Wh...

2005 printing the Tax Category Manager report
I desperatly need to print a report that shows line by line the category to tax form associations. Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... Yet I can't find any way of doing this. Using money 2005 SB. Thanks, Cameron In microsoft.public.money, Cameron wrote: >I desperatly need to print a report that >shows line by line the category to tax form associations. >Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... >Yet I can't find any way of doing this. >Using money 2005 SB. If you would like to print an image of the page, you can position things as you wa...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Exchange reporting #3
Hello, I have an exchange server 03, sp2. Does anyone know of a freebie program I can use to pull exchange stats. I am looking mostly for number of users, mailbox size and number of messages contained within. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried a few pruchase programs in demo mode, namely messagestats and promodag. Haven't had much luck running them actually they are limited in demo mode. Perfmon is free. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dustin Fulmer" <DustinFulmer@discussions.microso...

Criteria in Advanced Filter
Please tell me how to extract records in a certain range. I need to have all rows where date is from 3 to 8 for example. I'm using Advanced filter and 2 rows for criteria. When I enter data in the 2 rows for given column, I have and OR condition. I need an AND condition. Christine If you want an OR condition, you would have the criteria range in e.g. L1:M3 with Head1 Head2 a b For an AND condition use e.g. criteria range L1:M2 and Head1 Head2 a b -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Christine" <cls...

Include/Exclude filter in reports
Hi all, I am trying to modify the default value of the Include/Exclude filter in the Account Overview report. How can I set it in design mode? Also, what difference does that drop down really make? I run the report for an account that has sub-accounts and tried it both ways but the output was always the same!! Thanks, Mohamed 1.In Microsoft CRM,Select your report in the Reports grid. 2.In the toolbar, point to More Actions, and then click Edit Default Filter from the menu. 3.In the Report Viewer dialog, define the default filter criteria that will be used every time the report is run. 4....

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Wildcard Advanced Filter
Hi all, I have a column of staff numbers like so: 30002042 30002026 30002072 30002070 30002094 30002008 30002022 30002018 30002099 30002031 30002062 When I try to find all staff whose number ends in 2, my *2 wildcard criteria is retirning no records. I have tried formatting the range to number, general and text to no avail! Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here? Many thanks Andy Wildcard characters only work with text values. The easiest way I can think would be to create a helper column with: =--RIGHT(A2,1) copied down, and then have the Advanced Fi...

setting "top" of report footer by VBA?
Hello, I need to print a report with the report footer always appearing at the bottom of the last page: The usable space on a page is 11,329 twips (19.98 cm), the report footer height is 6,611 twips (11.66 cm). That is, I need the report footer to start at 4,718 twips from the top of the page. The report footer contains labels with company name and address as well as the "legal stuff". I cannot use the page footer for an "if me.page = me.pages" construction because the page footer contains labels and text boxes with document number, revision and release ...

Customer Report