custom POS button #2

does anybody know how can i call a query or small program by adding Custom
Button on POS
0
Shoby (75)
10/15/2005 5:57:05 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Shoby,
What specifically do you want this custom button to do?  When you say 'query
or small program' what do you mean?  This can *probably* be done but more
details are needed i think

Kevin

"Shoby" wrote:

> does anybody know how can i call a query or small program by adding Custom
> Button on POS
0
kskinne (224)
10/18/2005 4:25:09 PM
if i want to write a query to see item history of a particular item that how
many times a particular customer bought this item and in what price can i
access this information through a Custom button on POS. or i want to create a
pop up on screen that every time a customer with price level A comes to POS
it can pop up a window can i do it in RMS

"kskinne" wrote:

> Shoby,
> What specifically do you want this custom button to do?  When you say 'query
> or small program' what do you mean?  This can *probably* be done but more
> details are needed i think
>
> Kevin
>

> "Shoby" wrote:
>
> > does anybody know how can i call a query or small program by adding Custom
> > Button on POS
0
Shoby (75)
10/20/2005 5:25:02 AM
Shoby, for your first question this is something that could easily be
retreived by using a report in manager.  I don't think you'll be able to get
this information from POS, but will have to be logged into manager.

As far as your pop up screen this could probably be done in POS with a hook
of some sort, you could write the code for the pop up window and set it up
however you want, and have the code triggered by one of the hooks in POS, for
when you add a customer to the transaction, it could check to see if the
customer has a price level set up.  Not sure but the only hook that may work
in this case would be the RefreshDisplay hook, and that could be problematic
because it fires alot during your transaction as things on the screen change.

hth
kevin

"Shoby" wrote:

> if i want to write a query to see item history of a particular item that how
> many times a particular customer bought this item and in what price can i
> access this information through a Custom button on POS. or i want to create a
> pop up on screen that every time a customer with price level A comes to POS
> it can pop up a window can i do it in RMS
>
> "kskinne" wrote:
>
> > Shoby,
> > What specifically do you want this custom button to do?  When you say 'query
> > or small program' what do you mean?  This can *probably* be done but more
> > details are needed i think
> >
> > Kevin
> >

> > "Shoby" wrote:
> >
> > > does anybody know how can i call a query or small program by adding Custom
> > > Button on POS
0
kskinne (224)
10/20/2005 1:36:01 PM
Implement your query in either HTML or ASP and create a POS Button to open
in a browser window.  The page will open in a browser embedded in the
transdaction window - use the escape key to get back to the transaction
screen.  See the Drilldown.html file installed with RMS for a sample of
accessing the DB using QSBridge.

You can use a hook function to display a message for cetain customers, but
you can also just edit Status.htm to dispaly your alert there - easier and
less intrusive to the cashier...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Shoby" <Shoby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> if i want to write a query to see item history of a particular item that
> how
> many times a particular customer bought this item and in what price can i
> access this information through a Custom button on POS. or i want to
> create a
> pop up on screen that every time a customer with price level A comes to
> POS
> it can pop up a window can i do it in RMS
>
> "kskinne" wrote:
>
>> Shoby,
>> What specifically do you want this custom button to do?  When you say
>> 'query
>> or small program' what do you mean?  This can *probably* be done but more
>> details are needed i think
>>
>> Kevin
>>

>> "Shoby" wrote:
>>
>> > does anybody know how can i call a query or small program by adding
>> > Custom
>> > Button on POS

0
glenn9672 (1267)
10/20/2005 5:40:05 PM
Thanks for your solution guys.
actually for customer price level problem i want to interept casheir when
somebody for price level A appears because we have a cash n carry store and
lot of times casheirs dont even bother to look at the alerts they just keep
on scanning the items so if i want casheir to change the price level to B by
themselves everytime a price level A customer walk in without scanning any
items i will have to do it through a hook correct.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Implement your query in either HTML or ASP and create a POS Button to open
> in a browser window.  The page will open in a browser embedded in the
> transdaction window - use the escape key to get back to the transaction
> screen.  See the Drilldown.html file installed with RMS for a sample of
> accessing the DB using QSBridge.
>
> You can use a hook function to display a message for cetain customers, but
> you can also just edit Status.htm to dispaly your alert there - easier and
> less intrusive to the cashier...

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "Shoby" <Shoby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > if i want to write a query to see item history of a particular item that
> > how
> > many times a particular customer bought this item and in what price can i
> > access this information through a Custom button on POS. or i want to
> > create a
> > pop up on screen that every time a customer with price level A comes to
> > POS
> > it can pop up a window can i do it in RMS
> >
> > "kskinne" wrote:
> >
> >> Shoby,
> >> What specifically do you want this custom button to do?  When you say
> >> 'query
> >> or small program' what do you mean?  This can *probably* be done but more
> >> details are needed i think
> >>
> >> Kevin

0
Shoby (75)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

MS POS 2.0 and Office Account 2007
Has the integration been improved between these two applications since the SBA 2006 and POS 1.x were released? When I looked at it back it didnt do transactions, just batches. I am looking for full integration between the two products. Point of Sale 2.0 ships with Office Accounting 2007 for free. There is a very tight integration where detailed sales, item, customer, vendor, and item receipt information is shared automatically. This site has more info: http://pos.microsoft.com "DomitianX" <DomitianX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6E30AA5-8D21-431...

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

CStatic #2
How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? Assign an ID to your static control, other than the default IDC_STATIC id. Say IDC_MYPICTURE. Now associated a member variable of type CStatic control, to this ID using the class wizard. Say m_MyPicture. Finally call m_MyPicture.MoveWindow(..) in order to resize the control. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:%23OX6eDDtDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? > ...

RUS problem #2
Hi, I've got a problem with creating multiple distribution lists at once. I create the lists using "Users and Computers" and start mailenabling them using the exchange assistant. After mailenabling I start RUS to provide eMail addresses to them. Further on I start the OAL generator to publish them to the organization. Everything works without any failure. When I open the new created distr. lists using the address book of Outlook and open the properties of the lists I was wondering. Although all settings in AD are correct all distribution lists have got the same conent in ...

Customize Does not WOrk

missing files #2
Suddenly I loose tyhe complete content of one of my created local folders of outlook express 5. Has anybody had the same aexperience and what ccan be done about it, how can the lost files be retrieved? Thanks for a solution. Eric ...

Sort a Range #2
Sorry Everyone, I know this one has been on here a dozen times, but I cant find any relating posts. Say I have 2 columns and 4 rows of data such as: A B 1 2800 $2000 2 2700 $1952 3 2940 $1700 4 2852 $2100 I want the next 3 rows to sort this from smallest to largest according to value in column A. I have a fixed # of data points (3 in this example) and would like to use formulas rather than the sort command so that I can have a x-y scatter plot of the sorted data that updates automatically when ever new data...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

RMS POS Hang up
Dear All, We are implementing RMS 2.0.0105 (10 POS machines), On RMS-POS, after we issued transaction it's come Change screen, cashier will returned change and close cash drawer after that all POS is hanging up to 3 minutes and there will be no receipt to view although the sales records in database. That problem it's happen so many times in during the day. This error happened recently after we install mcafee antivirus and we change from Workgroup to domain. Is this change affect RMS or there is something else? Thanks & Best Regards, Ibrahim Zubair ...

Customer Report

Multiplication error #2
I noticed that Excel 2003 calculates: 7.5*1.2=8.7 when the correct answer is 9.0. It did this as part of a formula where the 1.2 answer came from calculating another set of numbers. When I asked Excel to calculate this answer by simply inputting those two numbers the correct answer of 9.0 came out. Does anyone have an answer as to why it does that?! Hmmm.... 8.7. Well, 7.5+1.2=8.7. Are you sure there's not a plus sign in there? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EA8922-F5BA-486...

Outlook/Exchange problem #2
Two users out of about 60 having problems accessing their mailbox using Outlook. One of the users had their mailbox moved from one store to another on the same server, the other user had no changes made. They can both access their Inbox, but not any of the subfolders, or Deleted, Sent, Contacts, Calendar, etc. OWA seems to work fine for both users in all folders. I already tried recreating the mail profile, didn't help. Also tried accessing the mailbox from another client, same problem. One of two things happen... Either Outlook shuts down generating the following: Event 1000 - Fau...

POS options for GP
I know RMS and ConnectPro, but could you recommend or give me some feedback on adding a POS solution to GP. I have a firm with nearly 200 stores and the want to roll out a new POS. I'm not convinced RMS is the right solution so I asking the most learned community for some help. Please respondeven if you think RMD is the one, so we can talk about requirements. Thanks to you all! -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 Hi Leslie, We have used C...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) #2
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) (Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

GPS Customization Query

Outlook calendar question #2
Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system. When I start Calendar, today's date is not highlighed in blue in the month view. I can switch to day or week view, then back to month view, and then it's highlighted. Clicking on "today" doesn't highlight it, either. Is there a way to tell Outlook to always highlight today on the monthly calendar view? Thanks. -- ----------------------------------------------------- Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com are you starting outlook in outlook today? start in any other folder and avoid using outlook today and it should work ...

FROM button
Where do i enable this button? No longer under the VIEW menu in Outlook 2002 or 2003! Did MS remove it? Also on older client such as Outlook 2000 the FROM button no longer allows delegate roles. It appends the message with a "Sent on behalf" warning which was working fine without it before. What's the dilly? Only thing that has changed in the environment is the introduction of a 2003 Exchange server. Any ideas? Many thanks! For your first question -- are you using Word as your e-mail editor? If so, you can find "From" in the Options dropdown. For the second ...

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...