Current Year vs. Prior Year reporting

Has anyone here developed a custom report (RMS Active Report or Crystal
Report) which gives a breakdown of sales by a certain period (usually by
month), then compares that to the same period in a prior year?

Our retail division manager is trying to see, at one glance, how sales in
2006, broken down by month,  compare to sales during the same month last
year. I can generate a SQL query to do this, and I can dump the results into
Excel, but I'd like her to be able to do this herself and have a formatted
report.

I looked in the Reports section of CustomerSource, and did not see anything
like this mentioned. I have not worked with Crystal Reports, and I suspect
this sort of thing can't be done easily (if at all) with the RMS Active
Reports.

Bill Yater
The Worth Collection
byater@worthltd.com
0
BillYater (133)
8/25/2006 2:32:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

One thing I like about WLM vs OE!
I'm happy with being able to get RSS feeds conveniently & easily without having to go through my browser. After all the crabbing I've done, I thought it'd be nice to say something positive. :-) I'm getting used to WLM but there are things I hope they'll change (or *bring back*) in a future release. Yes, I've submitted feedback comments to the Black Hole. bj ...

can publisher be used to create a Year Book for an organization?
I want to create a yearbook with names of members, addresses, phone numbers, etc. in alphabetical order....can this be done with Publisher? Thanks, Anne grandmanne wrote: > I want to create a yearbook with names of members, addresses, phone numbers, > etc. in alphabetical order....can this be done with Publisher? Yes (although I would probably refer to it as a 'member directory'. Look up Catalog Merge in the help file for Publisher 2003. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ Depending on how your information is stored and how you want the yearbook ...

How to create new Contacts form and have it apply to current conta
I can create a custom contact form by following http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012106101033.aspx?mode=print But how do I apply the new form to my current contacts ? For example, if I want a Car Phone field in my new form I want to be able to go back to my current names I have in my Contacts folder and see the Car Phone field. Thanks for any help. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/publish_form.htm - end of page. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

path to dll currently executing
How would I obtain the path to the DLL which contains the code which is currently executing ? This is a Web Services project, and so the \bin\ folder is obviously at a different path design-time v run-time. Thanks. On 1/6/2010 9:12 PM, John Grandy wrote: > How would I obtain the path to the DLL which contains the code which is > currently executing ? > > This is a Web Services project, and so the \bin\ folder is obviously at a > different path design-time v run-time. > > Thanks. > > System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Locati...

Publish Access Report to Microsoft Word in table with lines
I created a report in Access but the end user wants it in Word in table format with the lines between columns. This is preferred as it allows for editing without adjusting the spacing. Is it possible to achieve this? Not easily. You can try automating Word from Access, or you can check what Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/ReportUtilities.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JE" <JE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C4808F0-E53B-478E-A2A2-32F461C8BC06@microsoft.com... >I created a report...

Application.HyperLink vs controlname.HyperlinkAddress
Any comments on the use of one or the other in a form that opens a linked file? or on other methods like fHandleFile by Dev Ashish? Reason I ask: I need to make some changes in a database originally created in Access 2, then upgraded to '97 then upsized to a SQL server back end, and the front end upgraded to Access 2003. A lot of the code is archaic. some behaves erratically. -- Bob Quintal PA is y I've altered my email address. ...

Error when runnung a report
I am receiving an error "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and has to close" I receive this error when running a report. I have had this problem before and it was the data that was in the money file. I forgot what I did to correct the problem. Anyone have the same problem?? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104. Good luck. "George Scull" <gscull@aol.com> wrote in message news:2ae1e01c467b2$62595dc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving an error "Microsoft Money has encountered > a problem and has to close" I receive this error when...

Offline version of MS Money this year?
It was announced recently that this fall MS will release an offline version Money? Are there any news regarding this? I don't need only features so I'm waiting for this new release very much. In microsoft.public.money, bullka wrote: >It was announced recently that this fall MS will release an offline version >Money? > >Are there any news regarding this? I don't need only features so I'm waiting >for this new release very much. > Check http://www.microsoft.com/money/faq.mspx for information updates. No update yet in that page :( "Cal Learner-...

Instrat report
Hi, Does anyone have any detailed explanation as to what the Intrastat report reports on - I know it is what is entered when the 'EU' transaction box is ticked but what information should be reported upon? Can't find any help about relating to the report. Thanks Jean -- JB ...

Current Cost
On the Item Maintenance screen, there is a spot for current cost. Is this cost the last price used to purchase an item? Also, how is this field calculated? "Ryan" wrote: > On the Item Maintenance screen, there is a spot for current cost. Is this > cost the last price used to purchase an item? Hi Ryan. The current cost is calculated based on the valuation method. If you hit Help (F1) off the item card, go to the fields help, and check under valuation method, there is info to get you started. Hope this helps, Maria. "Ryan" wrote: > On the Item Maintenance ...

Fiscal Year Settings
Hi, We are getting the following error message when trying to acceess the Fiscal Year Settings; "An error has occured, For more information, contact your systems administrator" The installation is on an SBS 2003 so the Reporting Server and SQL DB are on the same machine, Reporting Server seems to be running OK we can access it OK both from with the CRM app and from http://localhost/reports. Any ideas? Thanks Justin Hi, Found the answer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921394 Rgds Justin Justin wrote: > Hi, > > We are getting the following error message when trying t...

Z report #9
Is there a way of printing out a Z report for the same period after a ZZ report was printed? -- Jeff Jeff, If you're journaling your receipts then you can go into your journal and find the batch that you need to print the z report for and print it. If you need more help you can give me a call Daniel techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 "jstone" wrote: > Is there a way of printing out a Z report for the same period after a ZZ > report was printed? > -- > Jeff ...

Problems with current currency!
Hi. I found serious problem with currencies handling in MS Money Plus! I set up BASE currency as USD but MS Money still try to use currency specified in locale settings (RUR)! It looks very bad - like MS money able to work only in US locale and only with US currency. :-( I have made lot of experiments - uninstalled MS money, installed again, killed databases, created it from scratch, tried different variants of settings... unfortunately - without positive effect. Even if I setp 1 setp forward it finally crashed on the one of next steps or put wrong currency to the invoice. :-((( I...

Open Proxy vs. Open Relay, any diffenrence?
Hi, all Recently, I found my exchange server (2003) is on some blacklist, saying open proxy is detected. I re-checked my server that open relay is blocked. Is open relay the same as open proxy? if not, how do I troiuble shoot open relay?? Thanks "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently, I found my exchange server (2003) is on some blacklist, saying >open proxy is detected. > >I re-checked my server that open relay is blocked. > >Is open relay the same as open proxy? No, it's not. An open SMTP relay is a SMTP configuration proble...

How to find the inerest pay in 3 years
Hi all I would like to know wich formula to use to calculate the interest pai in a 3 years loan Principal : 16808.10 Interest rate :2.75% term :3 years I would like to get the "Cost to borrow" in just one step formula I can calculate the monthly payment , multiply this for 36 months an take away the principal, but I think there might be a way to do thi directly. Thanks a lot for your time and attention at this matte -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use the Analysis Toolpak Addin function CUMIPMT(). In article <3dsets.18s...

Not current record
Hi I am new to Access so please help. I have a form (frmAttendance) and within this form I have a button. This button opens another form (frmTravel). forms!frmAttendance!ssn = forms!frmTravel!ssn and forms!frmAttencance!meet_num = forms!frmTravel!meet_num. This all works great! What the problem is: when I close the frmTravel it does not go back to the current record on frmAttendance. Example: frmAttendance ssn = 777-77-7777 frmAttendance meet_num = 45r45r frmTravel ssn = 777-77-7777 frmTravel meet_num = 45r45r This works great! BUT when closing frmTravel frmTravel ssn = 777-77-777...

How do I get the currently selected mail
I have written a COM addin to add a command bar along with a menu item to MS Outlook. On clicking this menu item I am able to identify the currently selected folder. My approach is as follows: void __stdcall CAddin::OnClickButton(/*IDispa=ADtch*/ Office::_CommandBarButton *Ctrl,VARIANT_BOOL * CancelDefault) { Outlook::MAPIFolder * m_pFolder; CComQIPtr<Office::_CommandBarB=ADutton,&__uuidof(Office::_Comma=ADndBarButt= on)> pCommandBarButton(Ctrl); BSTR fullFolderPath; CComQIPtr <Outlook::_Application> spApp(pApplication); CComPtr<Outlook::_Explorer> spEx...

Reporting Hardware Specs for a 20TB Oracle DB
Hello, I have a requirement for a Reporting Solution for an Enterprise Reporting Solution for a 20TB Oracle (running on Unix) Datawarehouse that does about 150M Transactions a day. There are about 300 users and not more than 30 concurrent users. They already have a MOSS 2007 Installation so i need specs for the SSAS Server which will sit on its own server. My questions are; 1) What should the specs (RAM, Processor, Disk Space) of this SSAS Server be? 2) What would the specs of the SSRS Server be? 3) Any other special considerations? Thanks I'd buy the highest machi...

SQL report to filter for Current user
I am working on a SQL report, and i need to filter the data for the current user logged in to CRM. Something like where current user id = user id of activity. What I am looking for is how to find the current user id. Much thanks in advance! An easier solution is not to build that into the report; simply use the default filter to do that. No coding needed "ilibhart" <ilibhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92DE3638-A92A-42C8-BDEA-A8686829D249@microsoft.com... >I am working on a SQL report, and i need to filter the data for the current > user l...

creating a report from a table, pivot table not suitable
hi I have data table with 7 headings, the cell of each row contains a project code and there are multipule project codes. By means of a drop down list (list of the project codes) I wish to be able to create adhoc pre-formatted MIS reports that show only the details of the rows for the selected project code. I know I could use filters but the reports are on a differant sheet to the table and needs to be included with other data to be printed. To push my luck, is it possible because there is a worksheet and so table for each calander month is it possible for the "repor...

visual report in excel is disconnected from the Project plan
hello, i've generated an excel visual report. i open the excel, and get the message: "cannot connect to cube file..." is there anyway to overcome that and reconnect to the Project program? thanks, Nirit. Hi all. i figured it out. go to Visual reports tab. press "save data" and save cube file. then connect the cube file you saved to the program. (with the wizard). "nirit" wrote: > hello, > i've generated an excel visual report. > i open the excel, and get the message: "cannot connect to cube file..." > is there an...

Single DLL vs. Multiple DLLs
When building a website in ASP.Net, are there any advantages to compiling everything into multiple DLLs (one per .aspx, .ascx, etc) in the website project model vs. the single DLL generated by a web application project? I can see the benefit of having multiple DLLs in that you can replace the DLL corresponding to one codebehind file and not worry about deploying unwanted code somewhere else on the site, but are there any other advantages? My testing showed that with either model, dropping a DLL into the bin folder results in the application restarting, so all classes in the appli...

Historical Year Problem.
Hi.. While uploading the data in Greatplains. 2003 year has not marked as Historical year during the data upload Now we are facing problems due to this. Can anyone suggest if we can mark 2003 as historical year now. and if we do so what are the repercussions of doing it... Thanks. What version are you using? If you are using 7.5 you should have no problem marking it as History. It might prompt you to close your other sub modules for 2003. Other version I do not know if it the same. "Rahul" wrote: > Hi.. > While uploading the data in Greatplains. > 2003 year has ...

Crosstab report
Is there a way to create cross tab report? For example sales by category by day of month... category going down the page, days going across the page. If any one has a sample report to attach it would be great. Thank you. hi, Well at the level of active report I don't think so but Crystal report you can create as you like, let m know if you need help in this. "relentless" wrote: > Is there a way to create cross tab report? For example sales by category by > day of month... category going down the page, days going across the page. If > any one has a sample r...

C-Run-time library static vs DLL vs both!
I have now settled down to having my language-support resource DLLs carrying the minimum amount of code (other than none): One cpp file: ============ #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN #include <windows.h> BOOL APIENTRY DllMain( HANDLE hModule, DWORD ul_reason_for_call, LPVOID lpReserved ) { return TRUE; } ============ These "language resource DLLs" go with a project with lots of big DLLs some of which are MFC extension DLLs and most of which link to the C-runtime DLL. If I imply in the language resource project that it mi...