Crystal Reports question

I am currently trying to develop a simple customer invoice that can be batch
e-mailed nightly on Crystal Reports.  I seem to be running into many
problems.  Does anyone have an easier solution for what I am trying to
accomplish or any advice would be appreciated.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi King,

The version support for crystal is 8.5 so if you have rms 1.2, 1.3 or 2.0
all works with the version I mentioned so incase if you trying to work with
any other version then it won't work. Let me know if need more help.

"knightsbridge" wrote:

> I am currently trying to develop a simple customer invoice that can be batch
> e-mailed nightly on Crystal Reports.  I seem to be running into many
> problems.  Does anyone have an easier solution for what I am trying to
> accomplish or any advice would be appreciated.
0
AkberAlwani (916)
10/31/2007 5:27:01 AM
I am working with Crystal Reports 8.5.  Any tips or advice would be
appreciated.

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> hi King,
>
> The version support for crystal is 8.5 so if you have rms 1.2, 1.3 or 2.0
> all works with the version I mentioned so incase if you trying to work with
> any other version then it won't work. Let me know if need more help.
>
> "knightsbridge" wrote:
>
> > I am currently trying to develop a simple customer invoice that can be batch
> > e-mailed nightly on Crystal Reports.  I seem to be running into many
> > problems.  Does anyone have an easier solution for what I am trying to
> > accomplish or any advice would be appreciated.
Yes King,
Once you develop the report you need to develop one file in same directory
of crystal report in notepad with extention of .def so if your report file
name is myreport.rpt then def file would be myreport.def. Now what this file
contain see below:

Crystal Reports
New Crystal Reports can be created for Microsoft® Business Solutions Retail
Management System. Although Retail Management System ships with a runtime
license for Crystal Reports, the Crystal Reports program needs to be
purchased to create or edit new Crystal Reports.

The Crystal Reports files included in Retail Management System are located
in the Crystal Reports folder where the product is installed (C:\program
files\microsoft\retail management system\store operations\CrystalReports).

Crystal Reports Rules
Follow the rules below to produce Crystal Reports for Retail Management
System.

The DEF filename must match the RPT filename. For example, Customer.def must
be used to generate Customer.rpt.

The DEF file and RPT file must be stored in the folder dedicated for Crystal
Reports. This folder is defined in Retail Management System Administrator and
is stored in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management
System\Store Operations\Manager\Paths\Crystal Reports subkey.

Retail Management System v1.2 distributes Crystal Reports v8.5. Ensure that
the new Crystal Reports are compatible with these versions.

An OLE database SQL connection to the Retail Management System database must
be used.

A formula field for ReportDate must be included in the report.

Note: This can be blank at design time since the application passes data to
this field at runtime.

In the Crystal Report definition files, use the variables listed in the
following table.

Variable Description
Filename
 The report filename.

Description
 The description that appears on the report window.

GroupCount
 The number of group sections in the report, not including the detail section.

StartGroup
 Indicates the first group section for sorting purposes.

TableCount
 Number of tables used in the report.

VisibleSectionName
 Include one for each section displayed on the report. GH1 indicates the
header section for group 1, GF1 indicates the footer section for group 1, and
DETAIL indicates the detail section.

Field
 Defines the fields that can be sorted or used in the selection criteria.
They are defined as follows: Field = {description}, {field name}, {type},
{level}, {criteria}, {G.T. #}.

Description
 The information used to identify the field in the user interface and the
field in the database.

Type
 Indicates the type of data in the field: 0 = string; 1 = numeric; 2 = date,
3 = Boolean.

Level
 The sort level in which the field appears. For example, 1 means this field
can be sorted at sort level 1. Use 0 if this field is not to be sorted.

Criteria
 Indicates if this field is used in the selection criteria. Use 1 for yes, 0
for no.

G.T.
 For future use.

"knightsbridge" wrote:

> I am working with Crystal Reports 8.5.  Any tips or advice would be
> appreciated.
>
> "Akber Alwani" wrote:
>
> > hi King,
> >
> > The version support for crystal is 8.5 so if you have rms 1.2, 1.3 or 2.0
> > all works with the version I mentioned so incase if you trying to work with
> > any other version then it won't work. Let me know if need more help.
> >
> > "knightsbridge" wrote:
> >
> > > I am currently trying to develop a simple customer invoice that can be batch
> > > e-mailed nightly on Crystal Reports.  I seem to be running into many
> > > problems.  Does anyone have an easier solution for what I am trying to
> > > accomplish or any advice would be appreciated.
0
AkberAlwani (916)

Crystal Reports 9 hang up
Good afternoon! While creating a report in Crystal Reports 9.2.2 using the Crystal Reports Wizard, Crystal just seems to hang indefinitely after clicking "finish". I'm not even sure where to start to give you guys the information necessary to troubleshoot this. I've looked at so many aspects and potential solutions to no avail that I have now lost complete track. Any ideas? ...

Crystal Reports 10
I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase. We would like to be able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them in Crystal Reports 10. I have no issue running the reports within Crystal, however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the first screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get the error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object." Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9? Does it even work with 9? Am I missing something? Any advice would be appreciated...

General Question
I am hoping for some suggestions. I need to create a db from a spreadsheet that is tracking the delivery of a document. I will have a date field in the table that will show the date it is delivered but how would one suggest to track the dates if it is delivered multiple times without losing the previous entry. If there any samples out please direct me to one. Thanks Bob First, Access is not a spreadsheet. If you understand and use spreadsheets, sorry, but you'll need to unlearn some of what you know to use Access as designed/intended. Next, if your situation can al...

Quote Template Question
I have modified the Quote.dot template and added the products line into the table. However when I generate the quote it splits the products into 1 table each. I just can't figure out how to have the products join into 1 table. I have screen shots to show how I have modified it but no way to attach it to this message for someone to review. The coding goes something like this: The Product, Qty, Unit, Unit Price, Discount, Ext Amount are in a 1 row table '' }{IF {MERGEFIELD "LineItem_Tax" } <> "" {SET ExtAmt {= MERGFIELD"LineItem_Extended_Amoun...

Outlook with Infopath question
I recieved an infopath form via email (as we want to use this option) and am unable to open it correctly. My computer is running Vista Enterpise SP2 with office 2007 enterprise SP2. Infopath is installed and email forms are enabled in outlook advanced properties. It may be worth mentioning Microsoft XML editor 2007 is also installed on this computer in case that matters. The error message is as follows: Microsoft Office InfoPath is set to be the e-mail editor. However, InfoPath is unavailable, not installed, or a different version from Outlook. InfoPath editor will be turned off, a...

Report Not Showing Full Budget Amount
Hello. My issue is that the budget amount is not reported for the full amount in the income statement report even when I set the end date for the last day of the month. The budget amount appears to be prorated based upon the % of the month that is complete. For example, if the budgeted amount is $100 for a month, the report date is set for the last day of the month, and it is the 15th, $50 will appear in the budgeted line item of the report. How do I get the income statement report to show the full amount? Kirk ...

Crystal: Verify you have enough crystal licences
I have been experiencing a problem, like many of you, with Crystal reports on a CRM 1.2 server reporting that there are not enough licences when I try to access a report. The reporting service works for a while and then stops - restarting all of the crystal services make no difference but after rebooting the server it starts to work again. There are a number of events in the event viewer i.e.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MSCRM Platform Error Report: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Unabl...

open report
Hi Is it possible to make a label visible during the OpenReport command? I have the following commands: If option 1 is selected --> DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "M1Ass1Comment='Fail M1Ass1'" If option 2 is selected -> DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "M1Ass2Comment='Fail M1Ass2'" , etc However, I would like a different label on the report to be visible depending on the selection. Is On Load the only way to achieve that? Thank you Kary -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/U...

Modify historical stock status report
I'm trying to modify the Summary Historical Stock Status by Item Report and am running into problems. I'm just trying to add 3 fields that are available from the Item Master table that is already linked to the report. The fields I want to add are Item Class Code, Standard Cost and User Def Values (1). I'm adding these to the Item footer section and get the following error: Error in equation '(C) F1_Decimals'. What does that mean? -- Jim@TurboChef This is nothing to do with the fields you've added, it seems to be one you've removed from the item footer, spe...

Outlook reports send error, fails again and again, but messages are going anyway!
Hi, My outlook XP is being very odd. I have been trying to send some digital images (750kb, over cable broadband) to some friends. When I do this, Outlook reports that there was an error waiting for the outgoing server to respond, and the message appears unsent. It keeps trying to send, and after a few goes McAfee starts whining about possible worm activity, so I cancel everything and delete the message from my outbox. However, the messages are being sent. Repeatedly. Last time I put my own email adress in the to: field as well and received 8 copies of the email. I suspect I have some ...

excel general questions
linking different worksheets that have inter-related data helps you to: Complete your homework??? "zay" <zay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B7FA4C2-6CB0-453D-946D-18485C753112@microsoft.com... > linking different worksheets that have inter-related data helps you to: ...

Crystal Reports based on SQL
Hello, I have to create several complicated reports and I've wrote an SQL query. Please advise how can I "plant" it into existing report or if I'm creating a new one how I can connect to the Crystal DB? Regards. Hi, to connect to your Crystal database, start crystal report on your client computer. Open the enterprise folder and connect to your server. Enter the server name where your CRM is installed (by default the crystal database is on the CRM server). If you have installed a Crystal APS server you have to enter this one. Regards Dieter "innab" <anony...

Report Builder 04-20-10
Is it possible to have dynamic datasources (like in BIDS) for report models? We have 200 vendors wanting access to our ReportBuilder, but I don't want to build discreet ds's for each one. I've googled it but can't find anything that relates. TIA, Michael C. ...

Trouble with reports
Hi everybody, I'm working with Access 2003, making a bill, and I have a problem when I want to fill the Detail Section with two lines (one at the left margin and one at the right margin) which covers the "distance" between all the Detail Section and ends at the top of the Bottom of Page (I don't know if I am using the right terms, I'm working with spanish version of Access). The Detail Section contains different concepts of the bill (price, quantity, description...) and it not contains ever the same amount of this concepts in different bills... I tell you this because I ...

Customizing a master project report
I have a simple report that I want to run in a master project for all sub projects, but can't figure out how. I have a master project that currently has 7 sub-projects (and will have more in the future). All subproject tasks are exactly identical. I would like to have have a report with the subproject tasks down the left side (y-axis) and each sub-project title along the top (x-axis). Where task and sub-project title meet would simply be the percent complete the task is. Is this possible to run and how so? Thanks for all the help. -- braden ------------------------...

Vacation Used/Accrued/Balance Report
I am trying to build a report in either Crystal Reports or SQL Reporting Services that would give me an employee's beginning vacation balance, hours used, hours accrued and ending balance for a particular pay period. I have determined that I need SQL views to get the data to report correctly however; need some direction. If anyone have the views already created and would be willing to share, I would greatly appreciate it. Or even better the CR or SRS report :) Thanks in advance! You can email me at lbaker@jatnet.com The paycheck history tables will have all but the beginning balan...

Quick DTD syntax question
I have a dtd with the declaration: <!ELEMENT BDD (BSR, (AccountX | Agreement | Delivery | DET | Invoice | Part | Party | PartPres | PriceList)*)> Do I understand this correctly? Given that asterix at the end of the 'OR' list, this means that a properly formed XML must have: 1) A BDD element 2) Within the BDD, a BSR element 3) And finally, (also within the BDD) any number of instances of one or more elements from the 'OR' list, or none at all? (And if there were no asterix at the end of that 'OR' list, there would have to be one and only one copy of only one...

Multiple reports in a report
Hello: I'm trying to create a report that shows the customer's mailing address on the first page, page numbers are "1 of X", account activity is sorted by [start date] to [end date]. I can do this easily for a single customer. But when I run a range of account numbers I run into trouble. The first customer's address appears on the first page, but subsequent addresses don't appear at all. Page numbers are 1 of 324, etc. Access is running a single report for a hundred customers - but what I want is 100 seperate reports, each with unique headers and footers. ...

Business Portal Roles
On Bus Portal - go to Site Settings | Application Settings | Reports | Manage Reports Catalog. Select a report and click on Modify Role. On the Select Roles list, the Roles should be in alphabetical order. We have a lot of Roles and it is very time consuming to find the one we want. Thanks Ann -- ACG ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

Crystal Reports question
I am currently trying to develop a simple customer invoice that can be batch e-mailed nightly on Crystal Reports. I seem to be running into many problems. Does anyone have an easier solution for what I am trying to accomplish or any advice would be appreciated. hi King, The version support for crystal is 8.5 so if you have rms 1.2, 1.3 or 2.0 all works with the version I mentioned so incase if you trying to work with any other version then it won't work. Let me know if need more help. "knightsbridge" wrote: > I am currently trying to develop a simple customer invoic...

Report totals
I'm using Access to build a database at work. I am entering data on a daily basis from invoices that I wish to sumarize by various periods of time (daily, weekly, monthly, etc....) so have built From and To parameters into my query. When running reports, I get #Error for the report totals. If I build my dates into the query as >=09/01/2007 And <= 09/30/2007 I can get a total on the report. The query works with the parameters, but not the report. I am using the =DSum function in the report footer to obtain my totals. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? -- ComputerStudent T...

Sum of each grouped item in a report
I have a form that logs time spent on auditing activities for the Internal Auditors in my company. Each time the auditor performs an audit related task, they enter a new record under their name. This means they could have many occurences of the same function. I then created a query/report that breaks down the different auditing activities for each internal auditor. Management has now asked for a report that gives a total for each activity for each internal auditor (example - John Smith: Audit Prep - 2.25, Follow-up - 3.75, Audit - 7.50). I want to figure out how to do this on a rep...

Call the FBI at the number provided to report the Federal Crime in progress
http://chicago.fbi.gov/ Their number is 312-421-6700. Ask for the agent in charge. Just FYI. Remember to say Just FYI after each sentence. They will know it's you. Just FYI. I already called to let them know you will be calling. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. Let me know what they say. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. ...

Running Crystal Reports
I am trying to run crystal reports through the Store Operations Manager, but I am getting the error "Run-Time Error '429'" "ActiveX component can't create object" I tried re-registering the Dzactx.dll and Duzactx.dll, but that didn't work. I had installed CR 6.0 to work on some older reports, but it broke everything. I have uninstalled CR 6 and re- installed CR 8.5 as well as re-installing RMS. Can anyone help? Thanks Justin ...

Additional Fixed Assets reports
1. Add a functionality for backtracking assets as of a certain date (similar to the PM Aging reports) for these FA reports: Depreciation Ledger by Class-Summary Fixed Assets Inventory list by Class-Summary Fixed Assets Inventory List 2. A report to print fully depreciated assets as of a certain date range ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in t...