Crystal Reports 10

I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase.  We would like to be
able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them in
Crystal Reports 10.  I have no issue running the reports within Crystal,
however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the first
screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get the
error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object."

Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9?  Does it even work with 9?  Am I
missing something?  Any advice would be appreciated.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

RMS works with Crystal 8.5.

Even with 8.5 there are usually some issues with the .def files.  When you
buy RMS, make sure you get the service plan - that will give you access to
Customer Source and the knowledge base.

Sorry I can't give you any specifics on Crystal, we've found that we can get
the reports we need out of the Active Reports system so I avoid Crystal...

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E4BF5254-262E-40C7-A262-98087599E775@microsoft.com...
>I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase.  We would like to
>be
> able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them in
> Crystal Reports 10.  I have no issue running the reports within Crystal,
> however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the first
> screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get
> the
> error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object."
>
> Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9?  Does it even work with 9?  Am
> missing something?  Any advice would be appreciated.

0
glenn1806 (721)
2/10/2005 2:40:22 PM
Thanks for the info.  My biggest issue is that we need to report on a
calculated field and I have not found another way to do that.  I will keep
thinking.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> RMS works with Crystal 8.5.
>
> Even with 8.5 there are usually some issues with the .def files.  When you
> buy RMS, make sure you get the service plan - that will give you access to
> Customer Source and the knowledge base.
>
> Sorry I can't give you any specifics on Crystal, we've found that we can get
> the reports we need out of the Active Reports system so I avoid Crystal...
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E4BF5254-262E-40C7-A262-98087599E775@microsoft.com...
> >I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase.  We would like to
> >be
> > able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them in
> > Crystal Reports 10.  I have no issue running the reports within Crystal,
> > however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the first
> > screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get
> > the
> > error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object."
> >
> > Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9?  Does it even work with 9?  Am
> > missing something?  Any advice would be appreciated.

You can do calculated fields in an Active Report - that's what the "Formula"
setting in the Column Definition is for - there are many example of this in
the reports installed by default - here's an example taken form the Detailed
Sales Report:

Begin Column
   FieldName = "Total"
   DrillDownFieldName = ""
   DrillDownReportName = ""
   Title = "Total Sales"
   VBDataType = vbCurrency
   Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
   ColHidden = False
   ColNotDisplayable = False
   FilterDisabled = False
   ColWidth = 1275
   GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
   ColFormat = ""
End Column

--

message news:7C1A1CFA-40AE-4A5F-A9F8-A17EB9BC57AC@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the info.  My biggest issue is that we need to report on a
> calculated field and I have not found another way to do that.  I will keep
> thinking.
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> RMS works with Crystal 8.5.
>>
>> Even with 8.5 there are usually some issues with the .def files.  When
>> you
>> buy RMS, make sure you get the service plan - that will give you access
>> Customer Source and the knowledge base.
>>
>> Sorry I can't give you any specifics on Crystal, we've found that we can
>> get
>> the reports we need out of the Active Reports system so I avoid
>> Crystal...
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>

>> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:E4BF5254-262E-40C7-A262-98087599E775@microsoft.com...
>> >I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase.  We would like
>> >be
>> > able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them
>> > in
>> > Crystal Reports 10.  I have no issue running the reports within
>> > Crystal,
>> > however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the
>> > first
>> > screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get
>> > the
>> > error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object."
>> >
>> > Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9?  Does it even work with 9?
>> > Am
>> > missing something?  Any advice would be appreciated.

0
glenn1806 (721)
2/10/2005 7:04:07 PM
Glenn,

I'm just getting back to this.  This is a great help, thank you.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> You can do calculated fields in an Active Report - that's what the "Formula"
> setting in the Column Definition is for - there are many example of this in
> the reports installed by default - here's an example taken form the Detailed
> Sales Report:
>
> Begin Column
>    FieldName = "Total"
>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>    Title = "Total Sales"
>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
>    Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
>    ColHidden = False
>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>    FilterDisabled = False
>    ColWidth = 1275
>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
>    ColFormat = ""
> End Column
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7C1A1CFA-40AE-4A5F-A9F8-A17EB9BC57AC@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for the info.  My biggest issue is that we need to report on a
> > calculated field and I have not found another way to do that.  I will keep
> > thinking.
> >
> > "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
> >
> >> RMS works with Crystal 8.5.
> >>
> >> Even with 8.5 there are usually some issues with the .def files.  When
> >> you
> >> buy RMS, make sure you get the service plan - that will give you access
> >> Customer Source and the knowledge base.
> >>
> >> Sorry I can't give you any specifics on Crystal, we've found that we can
> >> get
> >> the reports we need out of the Active Reports system so I avoid
> >> Crystal...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Glenn Adams
> >> Tiber Creek Consulting
> >> http://www.tibercreek.com
> >> glenn@tibercreek.com
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> >> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >>

> >> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:E4BF5254-262E-40C7-A262-98087599E775@microsoft.com...

Your really going to like the reports Holly!  Just buy it....
mt

"Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4A588FED-CEAA-43D3-AB1B-7596482B75F2@microsoft.com...
> Glenn,
>
> I'm just getting back to this.  This is a great help, thank you.
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> You can do calculated fields in an Active Report - that's what the
>> "Formula"
>> setting in the Column Definition is for - there are many example of this
>> in
>> the reports installed by default - here's an example taken form the
>> Detailed
>> Sales Report:
>>
>> Begin Column
>>    FieldName = "Total"
>>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>>    Title = "Total Sales"
>>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
>>    Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
>>    ColHidden = False
>>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>>    FilterDisabled = False
>>    ColWidth = 1275
>>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
>>    ColFormat = ""
>> End Column
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>

>> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:7C1A1CFA-40AE-4A5F-A9F8-A17EB9BC57AC@microsoft.com...
>> > Thanks for the info.  My biggest issue is that we need to report on a
>> > calculated field and I have not found another way to do that.  I will
>> > keep
>> > thinking.

0
mastaT (109)
2/16/2005 5:21:09 AM
Glenn:
Your post made me really curious.  "Column Definition in an Active Report"
Are we talking RMS?  Where are you finding this "formula" setting?  I can't
find what you are talking about, and would like to explore these options...

Peter Johnson
TMS
peter@tmssupply.com

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> You can do calculated fields in an Active Report - that's what the "Formula"
> setting in the Column Definition is for - there are many example of this in
> the reports installed by default - here's an example taken form the Detailed
> Sales Report:
>
> Begin Column
>    FieldName = "Total"
>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>    Title = "Total Sales"
>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
>    Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
>    ColHidden = False
>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>    FilterDisabled = False
>    ColWidth = 1275
>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
>    ColFormat = ""
> End Column
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7C1A1CFA-40AE-4A5F-A9F8-A17EB9BC57AC@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for the info.  My biggest issue is that we need to report on a
> > calculated field and I have not found another way to do that.  I will keep
> > thinking.
> >
> > "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
> >
> >> RMS works with Crystal 8.5.
> >>
> >> Even with 8.5 there are usually some issues with the .def files.  When
> >> you
> >> buy RMS, make sure you get the service plan - that will give you access
> >> Customer Source and the knowledge base.
> >>
> >> Sorry I can't give you any specifics on Crystal, we've found that we can
> >> get
> >> the reports we need out of the Active Reports system so I avoid
> >> Crystal...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Glenn Adams
> >> Tiber Creek Consulting
> >> http://www.tibercreek.com
> >> glenn@tibercreek.com
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> >> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >>

> >> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:E4BF5254-262E-40C7-A262-98087599E775@microsoft.com...

In the ...\Store Operations\Reports directory, you will find .qrp files.
These files are the definitions for the reports available from the
ReportsMenu in Store Ops Manager - these are "Active Reports".  They are
text files, so you can open and edit them in Notepad, or any other text
editor.  If you know SQL, the report definitions are pretty easy to figure
out.  The last part of the file will contain Column definitions, and the
column definitions each have a value called Formula - in most cases this is
an empty string, as the column is just supposed to return a single coulumn
value from a table, but you can also calculate a value.  The "Total" column
in the Detailed Sales report is calculated from the Price and Quantity
fields of the TransactionEntry table for instance.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Peter Johnson" <PeterJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Glenn:
> Your post made me really curious.  "Column Definition in an Active Report"
> Are we talking RMS?  Where are you finding this "formula" setting?  I
> can't
> find what you are talking about, and would like to explore these
> options...
>
> Peter Johnson
> TMS
> peter@tmssupply.com
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> You can do calculated fields in an Active Report - that's what the
>> "Formula"
>> setting in the Column Definition is for - there are many example of this
>> in
>> the reports installed by default - here's an example taken form the
>> Detailed
>> Sales Report:
>>
>> Begin Column
>>    FieldName = "Total"
>>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>>    Title = "Total Sales"
>>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
>>    Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
>>    ColHidden = False
>>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>>    FilterDisabled = False
>>    ColWidth = 1275
>>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
>>    ColFormat = ""
>> End Column
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>

>> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:7C1A1CFA-40AE-4A5F-A9F8-A17EB9BC57AC@microsoft.com...
>> > Thanks for the info.  My biggest issue is that we need to report on a
>> > calculated field and I have not found another way to do that.  I will
>> > keep
>> > thinking.

0
glenn1806 (721)
7/11/2005 4:45:09 PM
Hey Glenn,

Do you have any toruble with overall GP% on reports?

I seem to be having some calcualtion issues for Profit (Ex Tax) GP% in
active reports.

Just hoping soemone else has this problem.

Ivan Brebner

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@tibercreek.com.nospam> wrote in
message news:eVwvjfjhFHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> [...]
>>> Sales Report:
>>>
>>> Begin Column
>>>    FieldName = "Total"
>>>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>>>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>>>    Title = "Total Sales"
>>>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
>>>    Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
>>>    ColHidden = False
>>>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>>>    FilterDisabled = False
>>>    ColWidth = 1275
>>>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
>>>    ColFormat = ""
>>> End Column
>>>
>>> --
>>> Glenn Adams
>>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>>> newsgroup so that all can share the information

ibrebner (120)
7/13/2005 12:04:38 PM
Ivan,

Overall GP% does not calculate correctly as you have found. It is a
limitation in Active Reports. You could use Crystal Reports to it however.
There are 2 reports in the library that calculate a summary GP% for
Department and Category, you can use the same logic to create a report that
will calculate a summary for Supplier as well. As I write this I just
thought of something, you could probably use the same logic to create a
summary GP% report for Matrix Items as well. I am going to look at that.

Rob

"Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message
> Hey Glenn,
>
> Do you have any toruble with overall GP% on reports?
>
> I seem to be having some calcualtion issues for Profit (Ex Tax) GP% in
> active reports.
>

> Just hoping soemone else has this problem.
>
> Ivan Brebner
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@tibercreek.com.nospam> wrote in
> message news:eVwvjfjhFHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> In the ...\Store Operations\Reports directory, you will find .qrp files.
>> These files are the definitions for the reports available from the
>> ReportsMenu in Store Ops Manager - these are "Active Reports".  They are
>> text files, so you can open and edit them in Notepad, or any other text
>> editor.  If you know SQL, the report definitions are pretty easy to
>> figure out.  The last part of the file will contain Column definitions,
>> and the column definitions each have a value called Formula - in most
>> cases this is an empty string, as the column is just supposed to return a
>> single coulumn value from a table, but you can also calculate a value.
>> The "Total" column in the Detailed Sales report is calculated from the
>> Price and Quantity fields of the TransactionEntry table for instance.
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>

>> "Peter Johnson" <PeterJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Glenn:
>>> Your post made me really curious.  "Column Definition in an Active
>>> Report"
>>> Are we talking RMS?  Where are you finding this "formula" setting?  I
>>> can't
>>> find what you are talking about, and would like to explore these
>>> options...
>>>
>>> Peter Johnson
>>> TMS
>>> peter@tmssupply.com

0
rob2655 (6)
7/14/2005 2:23:39 AM
Does anyone have a dictionary or at least some kind of documentation on how
these 'active reports' are coded?  I'd like to make a few changes to a report
that's already out there.  I could eventually fox it out myself, but if
anyone has already done the work, I'd appreciate it.

> [...]

> >>    FieldName = "Total"
> >>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
> >>    DrillDownReportName = ""
> >>    Title = "Total Sales"
> >>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
> >>    Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
> >>    ColHidden = False
> >>    ColNotDisplayable = False
> >>    FilterDisabled = False
> >>    ColWidth = 1275
> >>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
> >>    ColFormat = ""
> >> End Column
> >>
> >> --
> >> Glenn Adams
> >> Tiber Creek Consulting
> >> http://www.tibercreek.com
> >> glenn@tibercreek.com
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> >> newsgroup so that all can share the information

Kevin105 (377)
9/9/2005 4:48:05 PM
Hello

Looking to get the Reg Analy to work like a consolidated Z Report.
I have made changes to the Orignal Report and have been using for 2 years
and have made changes to The time clock report to meet my needs.

Would appreciate any help from someone that understands Crystal Reports 8.5
and RMS to help me out.

Thanks
Ralph

Are you good at writing reports with crystal looking for some help?

Can you look at my def and Department report and tell me what might be wrong
with it.

I have edited the Reg Analy to match the Z Reading a couple of years ago.

I Aslo created a tax report for the different taxes collect with crystal 8.5

Now I want to create a department sales report.

I need one report that summarizes all the batches closed on the same day.
The Reg Analy is great if it had all the same data as the Z Readings for all
the POS (DateClosed)

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Crystal Reports 9 hang up
Good afternoon! While creating a report in Crystal Reports 9.2.2 using the Crystal Reports Wizard, Crystal just seems to hang indefinitely after clicking "finish". I'm not even sure where to start to give you guys the information necessary to troubleshoot this. I've looked at so many aspects and potential solutions to no avail that I have now lost complete track. Any ideas? ...

Crystal Reports 10
I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase. We would like to be able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them in Crystal Reports 10. I have no issue running the reports within Crystal, however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the first screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get the error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object." Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9? Does it even work with 9? Am I missing something? Any advice would be appreciated...

Office 2003 fatal errors after May 10 Updates.
After the updates were installed my entire office suite shut me out. I cannot access anything at all and I need it badly. I tried a system restore without results and I am unable to repair or reinstall Office. Can anyone help me with this? Pam This usually will happen if your version of Office is not a legal licensed version or it is a Trial version that has expired. From where did you get this version of Office. Also post the error that is generated when this happens -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not ...

MOSS classes for GP 10.0?
Hello: I need to learn as much as I can about Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) and specifically on how it relates to GP 10.0. I have e-mailed people at MBS University, but they are not being forthcoming with information on MOSS classes. I am interested primarily in online rather than in classroom-style classes. Does anyone know if there are any classes out there in MOSS for GP 10.0? Thanks! childofthe1980s Generally, you should start with Microsoft.com for getting trained on technology that is not specific to MBS applications. Here's a link to an online course I foun...

Report Not Showing Full Budget Amount
Hello. My issue is that the budget amount is not reported for the full amount in the income statement report even when I set the end date for the last day of the month. The budget amount appears to be prorated based upon the % of the month that is complete. For example, if the budgeted amount is $100 for a month, the report date is set for the last day of the month, and it is the 15th, $50 will appear in the budgeted line item of the report. How do I get the income statement report to show the full amount? Kirk ...

Crystal: Verify you have enough crystal licences
I have been experiencing a problem, like many of you, with Crystal reports on a CRM 1.2 server reporting that there are not enough licences when I try to access a report. The reporting service works for a while and then stops - restarting all of the crystal services make no difference but after rebooting the server it starts to work again. There are a number of events in the event viewer i.e.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MSCRM Platform Error Report: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Unabl...

Hyperlinks 04-02-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel OK - sometimes when I enter an email address endin gin .com in a cell in Excel and press Enter, a hyperlink is automatically created. Sometimes it is not. Any help how I can always have Excel do such? Thanks - Neil I just searched on Hyperlinks and got the answer. Sorry for the trouble and thanks. ...

open report
Hi Is it possible to make a label visible during the OpenReport command? I have the following commands: If option 1 is selected --> DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "M1Ass1Comment='Fail M1Ass1'" If option 2 is selected -> DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "M1Ass2Comment='Fail M1Ass2'" , etc However, I would like a different label on the report to be visible depending on the selection. Is On Load the only way to achieve that? Thank you Kary -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/U...

Modify historical stock status report
I'm trying to modify the Summary Historical Stock Status by Item Report and am running into problems. I'm just trying to add 3 fields that are available from the Item Master table that is already linked to the report. The fields I want to add are Item Class Code, Standard Cost and User Def Values (1). I'm adding these to the Item footer section and get the following error: Error in equation '(C) F1_Decimals'. What does that mean? -- Jim@TurboChef This is nothing to do with the fields you've added, it seems to be one you've removed from the item footer, spe...

Outlook reports send error, fails again and again, but messages are going anyway!
Hi, My outlook XP is being very odd. I have been trying to send some digital images (750kb, over cable broadband) to some friends. When I do this, Outlook reports that there was an error waiting for the outgoing server to respond, and the message appears unsent. It keeps trying to send, and after a few goes McAfee starts whining about possible worm activity, so I cancel everything and delete the message from my outbox. However, the messages are being sent. Repeatedly. Last time I put my own email adress in the to: field as well and received 8 copies of the email. I suspect I have some ...

Outlook Rules 03-08-10
I have two rules set up: a. Moves mail coming in to my inbox to my tiscali account into another mail folder unless the email is from and address in a listed group. b. Picks up all mail from certain addresses and moves them to a seperate folder (these are generally to my tiscali account). What these rules should do is: a. should move all mail to the tiscali account less those in the listed group then rule b. should pick up the emails in the listed group and move them to a seperate folder. What actually happens is that I get a two copies of the email one into each the tiscal...

Crystal Reports based on SQL
Hello, I have to create several complicated reports and I've wrote an SQL query. Please advise how can I "plant" it into existing report or if I'm creating a new one how I can connect to the Crystal DB? Regards. Hi, to connect to your Crystal database, start crystal report on your client computer. Open the enterprise folder and connect to your server. Enter the server name where your CRM is installed (by default the crystal database is on the CRM server). If you have installed a Crystal APS server you have to enter this one. Regards Dieter "innab" <anony...

Subreport Problem 01-20-10
Hi everybody. I am hoping someone may be able to help me out with a problem that I am having. I am creating some new receipts via an access report. I made a report that is pulling customer information from a select query. Inside the report deail section I have added a subreport to list the various acconuts that a customer may have (created in a separate report). The amount of space that I can use is limited, since I am fitting 3 receipts per page, but I can still list 8 accounts in the small detail section to the right of the customer name and address. The problem comes in when t...

Report Builder 04-20-10
Is it possible to have dynamic datasources (like in BIDS) for report models? We have 200 vendors wanting access to our ReportBuilder, but I don't want to build discreet ds's for each one. I've googled it but can't find anything that relates. TIA, Michael C. ...

Trouble with reports
Hi everybody, I'm working with Access 2003, making a bill, and I have a problem when I want to fill the Detail Section with two lines (one at the left margin and one at the right margin) which covers the "distance" between all the Detail Section and ends at the top of the Bottom of Page (I don't know if I am using the right terms, I'm working with spanish version of Access). The Detail Section contains different concepts of the bill (price, quantity, description...) and it not contains ever the same amount of this concepts in different bills... I tell you this because I ...

Customizing a master project report
I have a simple report that I want to run in a master project for all sub projects, but can't figure out how. I have a master project that currently has 7 sub-projects (and will have more in the future). All subproject tasks are exactly identical. I would like to have have a report with the subproject tasks down the left side (y-axis) and each sub-project title along the top (x-axis). Where task and sub-project title meet would simply be the percent complete the task is. Is this possible to run and how so? Thanks for all the help. -- braden ------------------------...

Vacation Used/Accrued/Balance Report
I am trying to build a report in either Crystal Reports or SQL Reporting Services that would give me an employee's beginning vacation balance, hours used, hours accrued and ending balance for a particular pay period. I have determined that I need SQL views to get the data to report correctly however; need some direction. If anyone have the views already created and would be willing to share, I would greatly appreciate it. Or even better the CR or SRS report :) Thanks in advance! You can email me at lbaker@jatnet.com The paycheck history tables will have all but the beginning balan...

Multiple reports in a report
Hello: I'm trying to create a report that shows the customer's mailing address on the first page, page numbers are "1 of X", account activity is sorted by [start date] to [end date]. I can do this easily for a single customer. But when I run a range of account numbers I run into trouble. The first customer's address appears on the first page, but subsequent addresses don't appear at all. Page numbers are 1 of 324, etc. Access is running a single report for a hundred customers - but what I want is 100 seperate reports, each with unique headers and footers. ...

Business Portal Roles
On Bus Portal - go to Site Settings | Application Settings | Reports | Manage Reports Catalog. Select a report and click on Modify Role. On the Select Roles list, the Roles should be in alphabetical order. We have a lot of Roles and it is very time consuming to find the one we want. Thanks Ann -- ACG ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

Crystal Reports question
I am currently trying to develop a simple customer invoice that can be batch e-mailed nightly on Crystal Reports. I seem to be running into many problems. Does anyone have an easier solution for what I am trying to accomplish or any advice would be appreciated. hi King, The version support for crystal is 8.5 so if you have rms 1.2, 1.3 or 2.0 all works with the version I mentioned so incase if you trying to work with any other version then it won't work. Let me know if need more help. "knightsbridge" wrote: > I am currently trying to develop a simple customer invoic...

Report totals
I'm using Access to build a database at work. I am entering data on a daily basis from invoices that I wish to sumarize by various periods of time (daily, weekly, monthly, etc....) so have built From and To parameters into my query. When running reports, I get #Error for the report totals. If I build my dates into the query as >=09/01/2007 And <= 09/30/2007 I can get a total on the report. The query works with the parameters, but not the report. I am using the =DSum function in the report footer to obtain my totals. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? -- ComputerStudent T...

Sum of each grouped item in a report
I have a form that logs time spent on auditing activities for the Internal Auditors in my company. Each time the auditor performs an audit related task, they enter a new record under their name. This means they could have many occurences of the same function. I then created a query/report that breaks down the different auditing activities for each internal auditor. Management has now asked for a report that gives a total for each activity for each internal auditor (example - John Smith: Audit Prep - 2.25, Follow-up - 3.75, Audit - 7.50). I want to figure out how to do this on a rep...

Call the FBI at the number provided to report the Federal Crime in progress
http://chicago.fbi.gov/ Their number is 312-421-6700. Ask for the agent in charge. Just FYI. Remember to say Just FYI after each sentence. They will know it's you. Just FYI. I already called to let them know you will be calling. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. Let me know what they say. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. ...

Running Crystal Reports
I am trying to run crystal reports through the Store Operations Manager, but I am getting the error "Run-Time Error '429'" "ActiveX component can't create object" I tried re-registering the Dzactx.dll and Duzactx.dll, but that didn't work. I had installed CR 6.0 to work on some older reports, but it broke everything. I have uninstalled CR 6 and re- installed CR 8.5 as well as re-installing RMS. Can anyone help? Thanks Justin ...

Option Group 04-19-10
I am new to using option groups. I will have several of them that will be a value of 1-5 and want to total them up in a report. Do I need a field for each option group? Are there field names that can be used to make it easier to total, ie grp1, grp2, etc.? Thanks, Les You've told us "how", but not "what". "How" depends on "what"! If you have data with values of 1-5, and "several of them", is there a chance you are working with something like a rating scale, or a survey? If so, you may benefit (*and get more...