Credit Card Swiping Error

Im having issues with credit card swiping via keyboard.  Currently, the
information captured (when swiping the card) is obtaining not only the credit
card number, etc., but also a long list of other numbers/characters in the
credit card number field.    None of the other fields (e.g., name, expiration
date, etc.) populate and if I try to process the transaction, i get an error
message "invalid card length, please try again."  Manually entering the card
works fine.  Any ideas what might be causing this problem?

FWIW, the keyboard is connected to the scanner (running through the keyboard
serial port) and the printer/cash drawer are connected to the parallel port.

0
BCS (14)
11/30/2004 11:05:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Your card reader is reading too many tracks.  RMS needs the reader to be set
to read track 2 only.  There is a Knowledge Base article on Customer Source
that gives steps to set this up for Cherry keyboards - if you have another
brand, just check the user's guide.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"bcs" <bcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im having issues with credit card swiping via keyboard.  Currently, the
> information captured (when swiping the card) is obtaining not only the
> credit
> card number, etc., but also a long list of other numbers/characters in the
> credit card number field.    None of the other fields (e.g., name,
> expiration
> date, etc.) populate and if I try to process the transaction, i get an
> error
> message "invalid card length, please try again."  Manually entering the
> card
> works fine.  Any ideas what might be causing this problem?
>
> FWIW, the keyboard is connected to the scanner (running through the
> keyboard
> serial port) and the printer/cash drawer are connected to the parallel
> port.

0
glenn1806 (721)
11/30/2004 11:45:43 PM
For anyone with PREH Commander PCPOS keyboard, you must enable track 3 and
diable both tracks 1 and 2.

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> Your card reader is reading too many tracks.  RMS needs the reader to be set
> to read track 2 only.  There is a Knowledge Base article on Customer Source
> that gives steps to set this up for Cherry keyboards - if you have another
> brand, just check the user's guide.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "bcs" <bcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Im having issues with credit card swiping via keyboard.  Currently, the
> > information captured (when swiping the card) is obtaining not only the
> > credit
> > card number, etc., but also a long list of other numbers/characters in the
> > credit card number field.    None of the other fields (e.g., name,
> > expiration
> > date, etc.) populate and if I try to process the transaction, i get an
> > error
> > message "invalid card length, please try again."  Manually entering the
> > card
> > works fine.  Any ideas what might be causing this problem?
> >
> > FWIW, the keyboard is connected to the scanner (running through the
> > keyboard
> > serial port) and the printer/cash drawer are connected to the parallel
> > port.

0
BCS (14)

Business Cards #10
Can you print double sided business cards in Publisher? If so, can you tell how because I don't see that option. The way I do it in Publisher 2000 is create a two page card (front and back). Print page 1 of 1 then turn the card stock over and print page 2 of 2. Or, if you have a duplex printer print pages 1 and 2. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72860FB0-69DE-4BE2-82E3-07587D9DF0F4@microsoft.com... > Can you print double sided business cards in Publisher? If so, can you tell > how because I don't see t...

Error appearing after quitting from MS EXCEL 2003 SP1
Error appearing after quitting from MS EXCEL 2003 SP1 Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.6355.0, stamp 40aa979f, faulting module mso.dll, version 11.0.6360.0, stamp 40d147de, debug? 0, fault address 0x0003dbe7. For further information, visit help at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Need help to solve this problem without re-installing! Thanx i got this problem too,but it appear occasionally after i try some registry repair stuff. "Gianluigi" 來函: > Error appearing after quitting from MS EXCEL 2003 SP1 > > Faulting application excel.exe, version...

Error when using RMS EDC Settle function
Hello. We run RMSsp2, and use PCCharge PaymntSvr EDC software/First Data processor. PCCharge settles fine, if trying from within RMS, receive error on: 1st attempt: "Invalid Merchant" box error appears. 2nd and subsequent attempts "Invalid Destination Zip" box error appears. Erro occurs withing few seconds of settle attempt, settle progress doesnt go beyond 1/10 of progress meter and this error pops up. Any ideas? Our EDC config is fine and all batches and items are ok in PCCharge. thanks luke ...

Object expected error
I'm hoping this is probably an easy one for ya'll... Every time I go to one of the main list screens (e.g. accounts, leads, etc.), the page seems to load fine. However, as soon as I hover over a row, I get an "Error on page" in the lower left status bar. Double click on the error and they all seem to be the same: Line: 35 Char: 1 Error: Object expected Code: 0 URL: http://[my url]/_grid_grid_data.aspx?....... One colleague said it might be looking for a Javascript file that it can't locate. Sounds reasonable, but where to start? Thanks, Robert ...

Credit Card charge/credit
I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was later credited back to me. I categorized the original charge but I want the credit to offset the expense in that category. Is the only solution to this not categorizing the original transaction? or is there another way to do it? Thanks, Scott Use the same category for the credit transaction. Money will ask if you are sure this is what you want to do. Say yes. <imscoop22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104599274.971858.51860@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was...

Run time error 3077
I am new to access programming so this may be a newbie error. I have a form that I would like the user to select a record from the database through a combo box. However, every time I execute the findfirst statement I get the following message: Run-time error '3077'; Syntax error (missing operator) in expression Here is the code I am using. Private Sub cboTicket_Num_AfterUpdate() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = Me.RecordsetClone Dim strCriteria As String strCriteria = "Ticket Num = " & Me.[Ticket Num] rst.FindFirst strCriteria If Not rst.NoMatch Then ' You k...

CRM report Error - Account Overview
Hi there, Is it possible if anyone could help me with the following problem.The Account Overview Report does not appear for one of the clients. When the report is opened the following error message appears: Error: Subreport could not be shown. Any ideas? Thank you in advance Lebo Hallo Lebo, i had the same problem. The phone number string of assigned contacts from our firm records were too long. The phone number string in the Reporting Services Report include 20 charakter per standard so that we had to increase it on 25. It works now. Greetings Sandi Tvrtkovic-Rajic applicatio...

Process Credit Cards?
I currently have Money 2005 SB. I'm considering moving to 2007 H&SB. My big question is, will I be able to process credit cards (accept them from my customers) with Small Business, or do I have to get the Small Business Accounting product to run side by side with this? Thanks! ...

Calculate credit card APR
I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula to calculate credit card apr or a pre done form that i can download. I have been searching but can not find exactly what i am looking for. I would like to enter current balance, apr and have it calculate what the interest is then have it minus payment and then recalculate balance and have it continue for the next month. I am not sure if this is enough information but i hope it is a start. Any information would help. Thanks in advance. Rob Rob wrote: > I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula ...

How do I create greetings card A5 one fold print both sides
Create my own greetings cards using A5 paper with one fold, either lanscape or vertical Place digital picture on the front and message inside and on the back Setup your printer for A5, either use the Folded Card or booklet in page setup. Basically the booklet is the folded card with a different page orientation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "parksw" <parksw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CF9E52-B098-4CD8-9EC0-E2D61647968F@microsoft.com... > Create my own greetings cards usin...

Outlook.ost error
Please help: I get the following error and it is just driving the owner crazy. I have tried the usual stuff like making a new profile, reinstalling outlook, even had an opportunity to reformat the hard drive yet I still get this error. Can you help, here's the error: I am getting the message again: "The file C:\admin\outlook.ost is already in use by the maximum number of applications. Close some of these applications and then try again." When I get the message my inbox is the only application open. Thanks, Nate ...

Error message "not enough memory to display completely"
Hi All, We have been getting this message from time to time. I know this has been posted in the past, but none of the past threads seem to have good answers. Has anyone been able to get to the bottom of this? We are running on Excel 2002/ Windows 2000 Professional Thanks in advance for any help. Ellis There's some information here on Excel's memory limits: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm Ellis Horowitz wrote: > Hi All, > > We have been getting this message from time to time. I know this has > been posted in the past, but none of the past threads see...

Error 3162
I have a calls table & when trying to enter data into the notes section I get the following error message "You tried to assign the Null value to a variable that is not a Variant data type. (Error 3162)". I haven't changed anything that I am aware of. Also, if I advance to the next record and then go back I am typically able to enter the data with no error. Please help! ...

M02 w/XP in USA; credit card acct balancing, with no new charges
We use no internet services, enter each transaction into the account the goods were purchased, splitting the items into catergories as desired. I balance all accounts with the monthly statements. each month an amount is automatically paid to this credit card account that gets no new purchases. How can I get the interest paid to the CC company into the proper catagory. Thanks so much, been wrestling with this for 3 months. Enter a transaction when balancing from the statements against some category like Interest Expense:Other Interest? "barb e" <anonymous@discussions....

win32 error...but not always !
Hi there, I've got WORD, EXCEL & OUTLOOK 2003, and PPT 2007 (Don't ask ! - Dell sent wrong office suite without outlook - then sent another disk without ppt, so now I have a mixture - I can't completely uninstall either without losing either ppt or outlook). Problem - If I launch Excel 2003 and then open an old file (2003 file) it opens fine. But, if I double click the file, or try to open the file via a desktop link - I get 'not a valid win32 application', and it won't open. I've tried the 'open with' option - same message. I really want to ope...

Graph errors
I am plotting a graph with daily data but there will be no data on Sunday since it’s a holiday then the data again entered on Monday but when you notice the graph due to no values on Sunday it looks, the is a gap formed between Saturday and Monday how do I join Saturday to Monday without hiding or entering 0 (zero) under Sunday. Hi, You need to use a category axis rather than time-series. Excel will use Time series is your axis labels are dates. To switch back to category right click chart and pick Chart Options. On the Axes tab set X axis to category. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Mi...

Global client credit limit doesn't send to store
We change credit limit of various global clients. But it didn't change in the store. Are we missing a step? ...

Error 48 Error in Loading DLL
I'm running Windows 2000 and Outlook 2002 I have some simple test code which runs ok on machines with Windows 2000 and Outlook 2000 but not on my version as mentioned above. I've tried using. Outlook 2002 "Microsoft Outlook 10.0 Object Library" msoutl.olb and "Microsoft Outlook 9.0 Object Library" neither work sample code.......... ---------------------------------- Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim objOutlook As New Outlook.Application Dim objMail As MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("outlook.application") Set objMail = objOutlook.CreateItem(ol...

Error using vba
I am new at VBA and trying to use VBA in powerPoint 2007 in a vista os to create a quiz. I am reading a set of question into an array of questions from a file and want to add one question at a time to a text box. I am using the following code: ActivePresentation.Slides(5).Shapes("TextBox 19").TextFrame.TextRange.Text = question(number) but I have been getting the following error: Run-time error '-2147188160 (80048240)': Item TextBox 19 not found in the Shapes collection. But when I check the object code using either the selection and visibility option in...

MS SQL Server 2005 SP 3 KB955706 didn't install, error code 0x2726
Multiple attempts to install with same result. Have tried various links offered by MS, and searched multiple sites, with no solution. Is this update critical to prevent malware or for optimal operation? Am I at risk if it isn't installed? Anyone have a way to help? Thanks! I have a similar experience, but for me the error code is 0xD59 in myriads of automatic attempts to install this upgrade. I do not know the consequenses of this error either. "Susan in AVL" wrote: > Multiple attempts to install with same result. Have tried various links > offered by MS, ...

Credit Card
wells fargo is my credit card prosesser & they are really bad i never was able to reconsile my bank account cuze they deposit the money when ever they want please i'm in urgent need for a good company to replace wellfargo & that is easy to reconsile the statment & desent fees any suggestion i wanna a company that do deposit based on my setteled batch & charge my account with the fees at the end of the month -- maher almasri This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_028E_01C6D6C5.B4A93FD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8&quo...

Odd 404 Page not found error in OWA
Hi, I have a a Windows 2003 server with Ex2003 SP1 installed. (It is SBS, but I dont think that is relevant as I have this wotrking on other sites) I am using OWA internally on :80 and something odd is happening. If I open a browser and go to http://server/exchange I get a 404 - page not found error. If I browse to http://server/exchange/%username% OWA works fine and everything is displayed OK. I was being prompted for a username and password everytime I connected to OWA. I found that the authentication on EXCHWEB in IIS was set wrong. I corrected this and now I am no longer prompted ...

Proofing Tools Error
Hello, I'm trying to copy and paste a portion of a Publisher 2003 document to Word 2003. When I do so, I receive the error "Cannot Find Proofing Tools. Try installing or reinstalling them." Any ideas why this might occur? The language for the entire document is U.S. English. Thanks, Matt Matt M. wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to copy and paste a portion of a Publisher > 2003 document to Word 2003. When I do so, I receive the > error "Cannot Find Proofing Tools. Try installing or > reinstalling them." Any ideas why this might occur? ...

Word 2007 "File error has occurred"
Hello! I am working on Word 2007 on Windows Vista and I have all of the latest updates. I have a 37-page document that has text and images. I have already formatted the entire document and I am running through my final edit on it. I got to page 17, tried to save, and it tells me, "A file error has occured." No matter what I do (rename it, save it in another location, etc.), the file will not save as a docx file. I am able to save it as a 2003 document; however, I cannot keep the file this way as it messes up my formatting and it needs to be a docx file for my ...

date and time picker control error
i have a tab control on my form. i then have several microsoft date and time picker control on the tab control. when i select a date on any of the date and time picker control, the result of the control's value is always 12:00:00 am instead of the date i selected even though the date displays correctly on the date and time picker control. the controls are unbound. why is this? i also have another identical form where the date and time picker controls are bound. when i use the navigation buttons to move between records on this form, the error message "An error occurred in a call to ...