Credit Auth. and Batch Upload with RMS 1.2 Technical Errors

Using Citibank.  During the day we do many credit card charges and get 
authorizations as expected.  At the end of do we do the batch upload and 
usually this runs OK.  *Occasionally* we will get a "technical error" during 
the batch upload for one of the transactions that was previously authorized.

Does anyone know how to determine the cause of such errors?

We usually end up calling the customer (if we captured their name when we 
made the original sale) and getting their card details again and re-ringing 
the transaction. 

Thanks, Neil E
0
NeilE (4)
10/12/2004 3:29:03 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

9 Replies
856 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

"Technical Error" is being returned by the processor.  It usually means that 
you accepted a card that you are not set up to process.  Discover and 
American Express have to be set up separately and then linked to your 
account with Citibank.

-- 
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com
----------------------------------------------
Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the 
newsgroup so that all can share the information



"Neil E" <NeilE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:7EFCF205-63C4-4309-BC5D-DD051AA2CFA3@microsoft.com...
> Using Citibank.  During the day we do many credit card charges and get
> authorizations as expected.  At the end of do we do the batch upload and
> usually this runs OK.  *Occasionally* we will get a "technical error" 
> during
> the batch upload for one of the transactions that was previously 
> authorized.
>
> Does anyone know how to determine the cause of such errors?
>
> We usually end up calling the customer (if we captured their name when we
> made the original sale) and getting their card details again and 
> re-ringing
> the transaction.
>
> Thanks, Neil E 


0
glenn1806 (721)
10/12/2004 1:07:03 PM
What you say confirms one of my findings.  But these technical errors are for 
cards that we accept.   Any further thoughts appreciated.

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> "Technical Error" is being returned by the processor.  It usually means that 
> you accepted a card that you are not set up to process.  Discover and 
> American Express have to be set up separately and then linked to your 
> account with Citibank.
> 
> -- 
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> ----------------------------------------------
> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the 
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> 
> 
> 
> "Neil E" <NeilE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:7EFCF205-63C4-4309-BC5D-DD051AA2CFA3@microsoft.com...
> > Using Citibank.  During the day we do many credit card charges and get
> > authorizations as expected.  At the end of do we do the batch upload and
> > usually this runs OK.  *Occasionally* we will get a "technical error" 
> > during
> > the batch upload for one of the transactions that was previously 
> > authorized.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to determine the cause of such errors?
> >
> > We usually end up calling the customer (if we captured their name when we
> > made the original sale) and getting their card details again and 
> > re-ringing
> > the transaction.
> >
> > Thanks, Neil E 
> 
> 
> 
0
NeilE (4)
10/12/2004 2:05:23 PM
Just because you accept them doesn't necessarily mean they are configured 
correctly at Citibank.  See if you can track down the credit card type for 
all of the technical error transactions and see if it's limited to one or 
two card types.  If not, you're probably going to have to get Citibank's 
Tech support involved.

-- 
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com
----------------------------------------------
Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the 
newsgroup so that all can share the information



"Neil E" <NeilE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:CD13611C-09CC-48B7-B811-0D6D7F01C012@microsoft.com...
> What you say confirms one of my findings.  But these technical errors are 
> for
> cards that we accept.   Any further thoughts appreciated.
>
> "Glenn Adams" wrote:
>
>> "Technical Error" is being returned by the processor.  It usually means 
>> that
>> you accepted a card that you are not set up to process.  Discover and
>> American Express have to be set up separately and then linked to your
>> account with Citibank.
>>
>> -- 
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> ----------------------------------------------
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>
>>
>>
>> "Neil E" <NeilE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:7EFCF205-63C4-4309-BC5D-DD051AA2CFA3@microsoft.com...
>> > Using Citibank.  During the day we do many credit card charges and get
>> > authorizations as expected.  At the end of do we do the batch upload 
>> > and
>> > usually this runs OK.  *Occasionally* we will get a "technical error"
>> > during
>> > the batch upload for one of the transactions that was previously
>> > authorized.
>> >
>> > Does anyone know how to determine the cause of such errors?
>> >
>> > We usually end up calling the customer (if we captured their name when 
>> > we
>> > made the original sale) and getting their card details again and
>> > re-ringing
>> > the transaction.
>> >
>> > Thanks, Neil E
>>
>>
>> 


0
glenn1806 (721)
10/12/2004 2:22:15 PM
What is the error? Some times you have to go into the batch and fix or
remove the transaction that is causeing the problem


0
Rick5747 (287)
10/12/2004 2:40:42 PM
I get these "technical errors" only occasionally and for MC/VS/DC but not for 
every transaction.  For example, in a batch of 100 transactions there may be 
60 Visa, 30 MC and 10 Discover all of which were successfully authorized at 
the time of the sale.  

On upload 1 of them will be rejected with "Tech. error". 

When I investigate ... usually by calling the customer, as at this time I no 
longer have the card number / exp. date ... I find that it's a VISA (but it 
may be MC/DC).  I then re-ring and manually enter the number ... it gets 
authorized and the next batch upload works OK.

I have called the bank to try to pin this down and in one occurence they 
confirmed that they saw both authorizations but only saw the batch upload of 
the second auth.  This implies to me that the CC details of the first attempt 
somehow got corrupted by RMS between the authorization (where the card was 
OK) and the batch upload (where the card is NOK).

The tech support people at Citibank point the finger back to the terminal.

Is there any way to dig the credit card number and expiry date out of RMS in 
clear text between authorization and upload?

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> Just because you accept them doesn't necessarily mean they are configured 
> correctly at Citibank.  See if you can track down the credit card type for 
> all of the technical error transactions and see if it's limited to one or 
> two card types.  If not, you're probably going to have to get Citibank's 
> Tech support involved.
> 
> -- 
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> ----------------------------------------------
> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the 
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> 
> 
> 
> "Neil E" <NeilE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:CD13611C-09CC-48B7-B811-0D6D7F01C012@microsoft.com...
> > What you say confirms one of my findings.  But these technical errors are 
> > for
> > cards that we accept.   Any further thoughts appreciated.
> >
> > "Glenn Adams" wrote:
> >
> >> "Technical Error" is being returned by the processor.  It usually means 
> >> that
> >> you accepted a card that you are not set up to process.  Discover and
> >> American Express have to be set up separately and then linked to your
> >> account with Citibank.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Glenn Adams
> >> Tiber Creek Consulting
> >> http://www.tibercreek.com
> >> glenn@tibercreek.com
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> >> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "Neil E" <NeilE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:7EFCF205-63C4-4309-BC5D-DD051AA2CFA3@microsoft.com...
> >> > Using Citibank.  During the day we do many credit card charges and get
> >> > authorizations as expected.  At the end of do we do the batch upload 
> >> > and
> >> > usually this runs OK.  *Occasionally* we will get a "technical error"
> >> > during
> >> > the batch upload for one of the transactions that was previously
> >> > authorized.
> >> >
> >> > Does anyone know how to determine the cause of such errors?
> >> >
> >> > We usually end up calling the customer (if we captured their name when 
> >> > we
> >> > made the original sale) and getting their card details again and
> >> > re-ringing
> >> > the transaction.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks, Neil E
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
NeilE (4)
10/12/2004 4:25:07 PM
How do you "go into the batch and fix", what utilities are there to help you 
do this?

Additional info:

At the end of day I select the "Settle EDC Batch" from the Utilities Menu.  
I review the day's transactions, check that they are all for card types that 
we accept then run the utility.  Normally, this runs OK and give the success 
message, but occasionally (once every few days) we get a message "x 
Transactions OK, 1 had technical errors".  Then I look at the report that 
gives summary detail of the transaction that errored - the reported error is 
"TECHNICAL ERROR" - no further detail.  

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyway to get the CC details again in 
clear text from the system (the first 12 digits are masked XXXXXXXXXXXXnnnn).

To try to recover - I recall this transaction from the journal, reprint the 
receipts and confirm that it all looked OK at the time of sale.  Then I call 
the customer if we have their name/phone available to get the card details 
again and re-ring the sale.  

If we can't work out who the customer was (about 1 in 10 of our customers 
remain anonymous) I write off the sale.  Fortunately, those that I've had to 
write-off up til now have all been fairly low value, but I worry about the 
"big one".

Thanks for any help.

"Rick@alliedpos.com" wrote:

> What is the error? Some times you have to go into the batch and fix or
> remove the transaction that is causeing the problem
> 
> 
> 
0
NeilE (4)
10/12/2004 4:45:08 PM
We had this problem sometimes and found the dial-up connection was the
culprit.  We switched to DSL and no more problems.


"Neil E" <NeilE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:298DDC2A-2B1F-4D38-BA05-5FB9F6F1DDF3@microsoft.com...
> How do you "go into the batch and fix", what utilities are there to help
you
> do this?
>
> Additional info:
>
> At the end of day I select the "Settle EDC Batch" from the Utilities Menu.
> I review the day's transactions, check that they are all for card types
that
> we accept then run the utility.  Normally, this runs OK and give the
success
> message, but occasionally (once every few days) we get a message "x
> Transactions OK, 1 had technical errors".  Then I look at the report that
> gives summary detail of the transaction that errored - the reported error
is
> "TECHNICAL ERROR" - no further detail.
>
> Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyway to get the CC details again
in
> clear text from the system (the first 12 digits are masked
XXXXXXXXXXXXnnnn).
>
> To try to recover - I recall this transaction from the journal, reprint
the
> receipts and confirm that it all looked OK at the time of sale.  Then I
call
> the customer if we have their name/phone available to get the card details
> again and re-ring the sale.
>
> If we can't work out who the customer was (about 1 in 10 of our customers
> remain anonymous) I write off the sale.  Fortunately, those that I've had
to
> write-off up til now have all been fairly low value, but I worry about the
> "big one".
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> "Rick@alliedpos.com" wrote:
>
> > What is the error? Some times you have to go into the batch and fix or
> > remove the transaction that is causeing the problem
> >
> >
> >


0
anonymous (74719)
10/12/2004 5:07:37 PM
You can get the card number through a round about way.  The easiest way I
know is to act as if returning the sale and RMS pops up the cc info.  I
believe you can also get it from the journal entry. To get info find its
entry. CLICK TENDERS and in the pop up screen it will give cc number, type,
approval code and amount.
Hope this helps.

-- 
Elizabeth M.
"Neil E" <NeilE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9722CC20-EF79-4887-8A11-6C738610C34B@microsoft.com...
> I get these "technical errors" only occasionally and for MC/VS/DC but not
for
> every transaction.  For example, in a batch of 100 transactions there may
be
> 60 Visa, 30 MC and 10 Discover all of which were successfully authorized
at
> the time of the sale.
>
> On upload 1 of them will be rejected with "Tech. error".
>
> When I investigate ... usually by calling the customer, as at this time I
no
> longer have the card number / exp. date ... I find that it's a VISA (but
it
> may be MC/DC).  I then re-ring and manually enter the number ... it gets
> authorized and the next batch upload works OK.
>
> I have called the bank to try to pin this down and in one occurence they
> confirmed that they saw both authorizations but only saw the batch upload
of
> the second auth.  This implies to me that the CC details of the first
attempt
> somehow got corrupted by RMS between the authorization (where the card was
> OK) and the batch upload (where the card is NOK).
>
> The tech support people at Citibank point the finger back to the terminal.
>
> Is there any way to dig the credit card number and expiry date out of RMS
in
> clear text between authorization and upload?
>
> "Glenn Adams" wrote:
>
> > Just because you accept them doesn't necessarily mean they are
configured
> > correctly at Citibank.  See if you can track down the credit card type
for
> > all of the technical error transactions and see if it's limited to one
or
> > two card types.  If not, you're probably going to have to get Citibank's

> > Tech support involved.
> >
> > -- 
> > Glenn Adams
> > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > ----------------------------------------------
> > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >
> >
> >
> > "Neil E" <NeilE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:CD13611C-09CC-48B7-B811-0D6D7F01C012@microsoft.com...
> > > What you say confirms one of my findings.  But these technical errors
are
> > > for
> > > cards that we accept.   Any further thoughts appreciated.
> > >
> > > "Glenn Adams" wrote:
> > >
> > >> "Technical Error" is being returned by the processor.  It usually
means
> > >> that
> > >> you accepted a card that you are not set up to process.  Discover and
> > >> American Express have to be set up separately and then linked to your
> > >> account with Citibank.
> > >>
> > >> -- 
> > >> Glenn Adams
> > >> Tiber Creek Consulting
> > >> http://www.tibercreek.com
> > >> glenn@tibercreek.com
> > >> ----------------------------------------------
> > >> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in
the
> > >> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> "Neil E" <NeilE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >> news:7EFCF205-63C4-4309-BC5D-DD051AA2CFA3@microsoft.com...
> > >> > Using Citibank.  During the day we do many credit card charges and
get
> > >> > authorizations as expected.  At the end of do we do the batch
upload
> > >> > and
> > >> > usually this runs OK.  *Occasionally* we will get a "technical
error"
> > >> > during
> > >> > the batch upload for one of the transactions that was previously
> > >> > authorized.
> > >> >
> > >> > Does anyone know how to determine the cause of such errors?
> > >> >
> > >> > We usually end up calling the customer (if we captured their name
when
> > >> > we
> > >> > made the original sale) and getting their card details again and
> > >> > re-ringing
> > >> > the transaction.
> > >> >
> > >> > Thanks, Neil E
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> >
> >
> >


0
anonymous (74719)
10/12/2004 5:30:48 PM
 I believe you can get it from the journal entry. To get info find its
entry. CLICK TENDERS and in the pop up screen it will give cc number, type,
approval code and amount.
Hope this helps.


-- 
Elizabeth M.
"root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:eXAl95HsEHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> We had this problem sometimes and found the dial-up connection was the
> culprit.  We switched to DSL and no more problems.
>
>
> "Neil E" <NeilE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:298DDC2A-2B1F-4D38-BA05-5FB9F6F1DDF3@microsoft.com...
> > How do you "go into the batch and fix", what utilities are there to help
> you
> > do this?
> >
> > Additional info:
> >
> > At the end of day I select the "Settle EDC Batch" from the Utilities
Menu.
> > I review the day's transactions, check that they are all for card types
> that
> > we accept then run the utility.  Normally, this runs OK and give the
> success
> > message, but occasionally (once every few days) we get a message "x
> > Transactions OK, 1 had technical errors".  Then I look at the report
that
> > gives summary detail of the transaction that errored - the reported
error
> is
> > "TECHNICAL ERROR" - no further detail.
> >
> > Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyway to get the CC details
again
> in
> > clear text from the system (the first 12 digits are masked
> XXXXXXXXXXXXnnnn).
> >
> > To try to recover - I recall this transaction from the journal, reprint
> the
> > receipts and confirm that it all looked OK at the time of sale.  Then I
> call
> > the customer if we have their name/phone available to get the card
details
> > again and re-ring the sale.
> >
> > If we can't work out who the customer was (about 1 in 10 of our
customers
> > remain anonymous) I write off the sale.  Fortunately, those that I've
had
> to
> > write-off up til now have all been fairly low value, but I worry about
the
> > "big one".
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > "Rick@alliedpos.com" wrote:
> >
> > > What is the error? Some times you have to go into the batch and fix or
> > > remove the transaction that is causeing the problem
> > >
> > >
> > >
>
>


0
anonymous (74719)
10/12/2004 5:33:22 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Credit Card charge/credit
I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was later credited back to me. I categorized the original charge but I want the credit to offset the expense in that category. Is the only solution to this not categorizing the original transaction? or is there another way to do it? Thanks, Scott Use the same category for the credit transaction. Money will ask if you are sure this is what you want to do. Say yes. <imscoop22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104599274.971858.51860@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was...

"Illegal characters in path" with XmlReader of .Net 1.1
I only found one post on Google where someone mentions the same problem with a DataSet: XmlDataReader in .Net 1.1 can not read XML files from a path which contains "%10" or "%3f". code to reproduce: string filename = "%10.xml"; //XML file with this name is existing XmlReader reader = new XmlTextReader(filename); reader.Read(); this will throw an System.ArgumentException: "Illegal characters in path." at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path) at System.IO.Path.GetFileName(String path) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path,...

CRM report Error - Account Overview
Hi there, Is it possible if anyone could help me with the following problem.The Account Overview Report does not appear for one of the clients. When the report is opened the following error message appears: Error: Subreport could not be shown. Any ideas? Thank you in advance Lebo Hallo Lebo, i had the same problem. The phone number string of assigned contacts from our firm records were too long. The phone number string in the Reporting Services Report include 20 charakter per standard so that we had to increase it on 25. It works now. Greetings Sandi Tvrtkovic-Rajic applicatio...

Process Credit Cards?
I currently have Money 2005 SB. I'm considering moving to 2007 H&SB. My big question is, will I be able to process credit cards (accept them from my customers) with Small Business, or do I have to get the Small Business Accounting product to run side by side with this? Thanks! ...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=A320_per_hour?=
I'm trying to create a work time sheet. I have 3 columns=20 Start time (displays the time started - in hh:mm) Finish=20 Time (displays the time finished - in hh:mm) & Duration=20 (displays the amount of time taken to perform the task). Scrolling down the page I then have a cell that displays=20 the Total Time (adds all the times from the above and=20 displays the grand total). My problem is that I want to=20 create a cell that equates to total time @ =A320 per hour=20 (I.e. Total time =3D 4hrs. @=A320/hr =3D =A380.00) Thanks in advance Daran Multiply your time value by 24 then by the ...

Error message "not enough memory to display completely"
Hi All, We have been getting this message from time to time. I know this has been posted in the past, but none of the past threads seem to have good answers. Has anyone been able to get to the bottom of this? We are running on Excel 2002/ Windows 2000 Professional Thanks in advance for any help. Ellis There's some information here on Excel's memory limits: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm Ellis Horowitz wrote: > Hi All, > > We have been getting this message from time to time. I know this has > been posted in the past, but none of the past threads see...

Error 3162
I have a calls table & when trying to enter data into the notes section I get the following error message "You tried to assign the Null value to a variable that is not a Variant data type. (Error 3162)". I haven't changed anything that I am aware of. Also, if I advance to the next record and then go back I am typically able to enter the data with no error. Please help! ...

MFC Dlls between VS 6, and VS 7.1
Hi there, quick question about MFC dlls. If I compile a simple "hello world" app in Visual C++ 6, and I type in at the command prompt: dumpbin /dependents hello.exe I get a list of the DLLs that hello.exe depends on: MFC42.DLL MSVCRT.dll KERNEL32.dll USER32.dll GDI32.dll COMCTL32.dll OLEAUT32.dll I do not have visual studio.net installed on my machine (yet). Could someone compile a simple MFC hello world app using VS 7.1 and see what DLLs it depends on using dumpbin? I'm asking because I know my clients only have MFC42.dll on their machines and I...

Calculate credit card APR
I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula to calculate credit card apr or a pre done form that i can download. I have been searching but can not find exactly what i am looking for. I would like to enter current balance, apr and have it calculate what the interest is then have it minus payment and then recalculate balance and have it continue for the next month. I am not sure if this is enough information but i hope it is a start. Any information would help. Thanks in advance. Rob Rob wrote: > I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula ...

M02 w/XP in USA; credit card acct balancing, with no new charges
We use no internet services, enter each transaction into the account the goods were purchased, splitting the items into catergories as desired. I balance all accounts with the monthly statements. each month an amount is automatically paid to this credit card account that gets no new purchases. How can I get the interest paid to the CC company into the proper catagory. Thanks so much, been wrestling with this for 3 months. Enter a transaction when balancing from the statements against some category like Interest Expense:Other Interest? "barb e" <anonymous@discussions....

Visual Studio 2003 MFC extention dll with VC6 Extention Dlls. #2
I have MDI application compiled in VC6 (MFC42). It dynamically loads MFC extention dlls (plug-ins), so every dll can add it's own menu to main window, create toolbars..... I want to give support to my customers to develop plug-ins in Visual Studio 2003, but I have to keep backward competability to plug-ins compiled in VC6. Once I added MFC extention Dll compiled with 2003 that creates dockable window, i got lot of ASSERTs and it could work. ASSERT(pBar->m_pDockSite != NULL); is one of them. Is it possible to have 2 MFC extention dlls from different MFC versions in same MDI application...

Activesync 2 devices to 1 pc calendar
My husband and I share the same outlook calendar and task list. We just bought 2 ipaq 111's and are trying to get the activesync to function for us. We both update the calendar and task list throughout the day on our seperate ipaq's and then sync them to the pc at night. Is there a way to get activesync to ask us what to do when it sees a conflict, rather then just chooseing between the desktop or ipaq (so far that's the only option we can find, which is causing us problems... for ex: I delete a task on my ipaq and sync to the desktop, he then sync's to the desktop and t...

Formatting Help #2
Hello, I put the number 1 in cell A1 and then select the cell. Then I run the following code: MsgBox ActiveCell.NumberFormat varformat = ActiveCell.NumberFormat x = ActiveCell.Value x = Format(xbar, varformat) MsgBox xbar I get "General" as expected for the first message box, but I get "Ge0eral" for the second. How come I don't get 1? I want to read a format in a certain cell and apply that it to variable in my code that I print out in the title of a chart. Thanks. Bill I used this version of your code: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim varFormat As String D...

win32 error...but not always !
Hi there, I've got WORD, EXCEL & OUTLOOK 2003, and PPT 2007 (Don't ask ! - Dell sent wrong office suite without outlook - then sent another disk without ppt, so now I have a mixture - I can't completely uninstall either without losing either ppt or outlook). Problem - If I launch Excel 2003 and then open an old file (2003 file) it opens fine. But, if I double click the file, or try to open the file via a desktop link - I get 'not a valid win32 application', and it won't open. I've tried the 'open with' option - same message. I really want to ope...

Delete batch
Hi guys: Is there any way that I can determine who deleted a batch in GP? I have the batch number and I looked in SY00500 but it appears that the batch is removed from that table when it is deleted. TIA Norman -- This was a dupe. -- Norman "Norman Daley" wrote: > Hi guys: > > Is there any way that I can determine who deleted a batch in GP? > > I have the batch number and I looked in SY00500 but it appears that the > batch is removed from that table when it is deleted. > > TIA > > Norman > -- ...

Outlook 2003 Contacts #2
I upgraded from Outlook XP to 2003. When I create a new message and try to selected addresses by clicking on the "To..." field, I get a list of contact folders. The displayed list has folders that I don't even have anymore. I must scroll through the list until I come to my "contacts" folder. The other folders don't appear in either my archive or primary contacts lists. How do I get rid of the "ghost" folders when trying to create a new message? TIA Remove the irrelevant listings here: Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing direct...

passport #2
Money 2004 will no longer accept our passport password. Nothing has changed and we still sign into hotmail without any problems. Does anyone else have this problem or know the solution? In microsoft.public.money, browndk26 wrote: >Money 2004 will no longer accept our passport password. Nothing has changed >and we still sign into hotmail without any problems. Does anyone else have >this problem or know the solution? See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;331123 and start with method 3. That fixed it. Thank you. "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In...

Graph errors
I am plotting a graph with daily data but there will be no data on Sunday since it’s a holiday then the data again entered on Monday but when you notice the graph due to no values on Sunday it looks, the is a gap formed between Saturday and Monday how do I join Saturday to Monday without hiding or entering 0 (zero) under Sunday. Hi, You need to use a category axis rather than time-series. Excel will use Time series is your axis labels are dates. To switch back to category right click chart and pick Chart Options. On the Axes tab set X axis to category. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Mi...

Global client credit limit doesn't send to store
We change credit limit of various global clients. But it didn't change in the store. Are we missing a step? ...

MS SQL Server 2005 SP 3 KB955706 didn't install, error code 0x2726
Multiple attempts to install with same result. Have tried various links offered by MS, and searched multiple sites, with no solution. Is this update critical to prevent malware or for optimal operation? Am I at risk if it isn't installed? Anyone have a way to help? Thanks! I have a similar experience, but for me the error code is 0xD59 in myriads of automatic attempts to install this upgrade. I do not know the consequenses of this error either. "Susan in AVL" wrote: > Multiple attempts to install with same result. Have tried various links > offered by MS, ...

MS CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook
Hi, is it possible to install/use CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook on a laptop without entry of this laptop in any domain? Thanks achim ...

Outlook #2
What's the best/easiest way to open 2 different exchange mailboxes within Outlook? Do you open one through Exchange and then open the other using POP3? I need to have both mailboxes open in order to give my users the ability to send from either one. Thanks for any help... I have had to do this during migrations. I always use the Exchange server for the one that will remain, and IMAP for the other one. -- Hope it helps........... dw Don Wilwol Blog - http://spaces.msn.com/members/wilwol/ Web - http://capital.net/~wilwol/dw.htm DonWilwol(REMOVE)@yahoo.com "Mark" <Ma...

Credit Card
wells fargo is my credit card prosesser & they are really bad i never was able to reconsile my bank account cuze they deposit the money when ever they want please i'm in urgent need for a good company to replace wellfargo & that is easy to reconsile the statment & desent fees any suggestion i wanna a company that do deposit based on my setteled batch & charge my account with the fees at the end of the month -- maher almasri This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_028E_01C6D6C5.B4A93FD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8&quo...

RMS add ons #2
Hi everyone,... could anyone please reply to this post with the various RMS add ons you guys are using.. We are a retail store, was planning on upgrading to POS2009, but now after reading all the bullsh.... and my partner not knowing a thing about it, I might stay with RMS... So please reply with your add ons suggestions,.... thanks What kind of add ons are you looking for? I have several from a few different partners. Just what are you looking to do with them will give everyone in this newsgroup an idea of what direction to point you in. -- Steve "Arve" wrote: > Hi e...

pdf attachments #2
Hi, I am using Outlook 97 and I am connected to a file server with Outlook Express. I have a lot of trouble sending emails with PDF attachments from my machine. My emails get rejected. However if I send the same email from the file server and with Outlook Express it works OK. Also, other PC's connected to the file server using Outlook Express don;t have any trouble sending pdf attachments. Apart from changing to Outlook Express, any thoughts on a fix ? Pedro ...