Creating custom buttons #2

Hello,

I would like to create screens of buttons so that the operators of the
register can simply press a button to add an item for a sale.

The system will be used at the end of a cafeteria type food line and I need
to speed up the check out process.

What I am thinking is having 3 buttons on one screen, Hot Food, Drinks, and
Candy/Snacks. Then when the cashier presses Hot Food, another screen comes up
that displays 1 button for each of the 16 current Hot Food items. When 1 of
those items is selected, the Hot Food button screen should remain open until
the user presses a Back button.

I'm sure that I could write the code, I just don't know if this is possible
with this software and where to look for example code.

Thanks.
--
Todd Wilson
ERC Communications

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Todd,
The first solution you and I know is available like creating your own
buttons but under each button if you need screens and so. you must need to do
some small development may be in Vb(add-on) and attached with RMS.

Why not look at the touchscreen solution from RMS. I think it support what
you want. else if such feature microsoft not offer with touch screen (which
seems) then you can develop your own add-on.

"Todd Wilson" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to create screens of buttons so that the operators of the
> register can simply press a button to add an item for a sale.
>
> The system will be used at the end of a cafeteria type food line and I need
> to speed up the check out process.
>
> What I am thinking is having 3 buttons on one screen, Hot Food, Drinks, and
> Candy/Snacks. Then when the cashier presses Hot Food, another screen comes up
> that displays 1 button for each of the 16 current Hot Food items. When 1 of
> those items is selected, the Hot Food button screen should remain open until
> the user presses a Back button.
>
> I'm sure that I could write the code, I just don't know if this is possible
> with this software and where to look for example code.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Todd Wilson
> ERC Communications

0
AkberAlwani (916)
3/28/2007 7:22:02 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. As I am new to RMS, I'm not familiar with the
"touchscreen solution" that you refer to. The RMS software is installed on a
NCR RealPOS 21 with a touchscreen, and I have development experience with
touchscreen monitors, so I'm good there.

What I need is to know how to (or where to look to see an example of) place
approx. 50 buttons on the screen at one time, 1 button per product. If the
buttons could display a .jpg or .gif and/or be color coded, that would be
great.

Todd
--
Todd Wilson
ERC Communications

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> Hi Todd,
> The first solution you and I know is available like creating your own
> buttons but under each button if you need screens and so. you must need to do
> some small development may be in Vb(add-on) and attached with RMS.
>
> Why not look at the touchscreen solution from RMS. I think it support what
> you want. else if such feature microsoft not offer with touch screen (which
> seems) then you can develop your own add-on.
>
> "Todd Wilson" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to create screens of buttons so that the operators of the
> > register can simply press a button to add an item for a sale.
> >
> > The system will be used at the end of a cafeteria type food line and I need
> > to speed up the check out process.
> >
> > What I am thinking is having 3 buttons on one screen, Hot Food, Drinks, and
> > Candy/Snacks. Then when the cashier presses Hot Food, another screen comes up
> > that displays 1 button for each of the 16 current Hot Food items. When 1 of
> > those items is selected, the Hot Food button screen should remain open until
> > the user presses a Back button.
> >
> > I'm sure that I could write the code, I just don't know if this is possible
> > with this software and where to look for example code.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Todd Wilson
> > ERC Communications

In SO Manager, Database/Registers/Keyboards
Click New
Click Help (in the lower right corner of the keyboard properties screen)

That should get you started.

I agree with Akber that this functionality is going to get you very
close to what you are asking for.  Search the group using Google Groups
for many many posts on the topic of using and configuring the touch
screen feature.  The RMS touch screen is reasonably functional, but very
dated in appearance.  Retail Realm has a far more advanced touchscreen
solution available as an add-in - call your reseller for details if you
are interested.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Todd Wilson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the reply. As I am new to RMS, I'm not familiar with the
> "touchscreen solution" that you refer to. The RMS software is installed on a
> NCR RealPOS 21 with a touchscreen, and I have development experience with
> touchscreen monitors, so I'm good there.
>
> What I need is to know how to (or where to look to see an example of) place
> approx. 50 buttons on the screen at one time, 1 button per product. If the
> buttons could display a .jpg or .gif and/or be color coded, that would be
> great.
>
> Todd
0
glenn9672 (1267)
3/28/2007 4:32:07 PM
Glenn,

I found the custom keyboard feature, is there a way to display more than 12
buttons on the screen at one time? I know that my client is going to like
using the software, but really wants to speed checkout by having each product
on the screen at one time.

Todd
--
Todd Wilson
ERC Communications

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> In SO Manager, Database/Registers/Keyboards
> Click New
> Click Help (in the lower right corner of the keyboard properties screen)
>
> That should get you started.
>
> I agree with Akber that this functionality is going to get you very
> close to what you are asking for.  Search the group using Google Groups
> for many many posts on the topic of using and configuring the touch
> screen feature.  The RMS touch screen is reasonably functional, but very
> dated in appearance.  Retail Realm has a far more advanced touchscreen
> solution available as an add-in - call your reseller for details if you
> are interested.
>

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Todd Wilson wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. As I am new to RMS, I'm not familiar with the
> > "touchscreen solution" that you refer to. The RMS software is installed on a
> > NCR RealPOS 21 with a touchscreen, and I have development experience with
> > touchscreen monitors, so I'm good there.
> >
> > What I need is to know how to (or where to look to see an example of) place
> > approx. 50 buttons on the screen at one time, 1 button per product. If the
> > buttons could display a .jpg or .gif and/or be color coded, that would be
> > great.
> >
> > Todd

Contact Retail Realm... http://www.retailrealm.co.uk

The built in ts keyboard is only going to give you 12 buttons at a time.
  You can page up and down to get additional buttons, and if you clcik a
category, department or supplier, you will get a scrollable list of all
matching items.

Also, check out the drilldown.htm file that installs with RMS - it's in
the HTML folder.  You can create a custom POS button to open this file
in an HTML window.  This is another clickable interface.  It's just
HTML, so you can modify the function or look without too much trouble...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Todd Wilson wrote:
> Glenn,
>
> I found the custom keyboard feature, is there a way to display more than 12
> buttons on the screen at one time? I know that my client is going to like
> using the software, but really wants to speed checkout by having each product
> on the screen at one time.
>
> Todd
0
glenn9672 (1267)

graphics in Publisher #2
When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Does the document print in toto? Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site of your printer model and looked around for an updated driver? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cmeeker" <cmeeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1EF4D42-295C-4BCF-A7D9-97362174FECF@microsoft.com... > When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Yes, the document does print. No, I haven't gone to the printer...

create a roster

Reports and Forms Customizations After Migration to GP8
Hi i have migrated my Test Server to GP 8 and i Exported the Modified Reports and Forms and imported them again to the Test Server, the screen Labels are updated to the new lables but the fields formats didnt update for example the phone field format returned to the original. how can i solve this issue? regards Nader Formats are not transferred using packages. You will either need to keep your original forms and reports dictionaries and upgrade them, or remake the format changes. I would suggest recording the format changes using a macro, so they can easily be re-run if required. ...

Compile Error #2
I am currently using Excel 2002. I was given a file, apparently created in Excel 2003. When I try to access the file I get the following message: Compile error: Can't find project or library The developer believes this error is coming up because 2002 doesn't have the same "libraries" as 2003 and that I need to upgrade to 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help. Does the file you have been given contain VBA code? If so, then it would seem that the original creator has 'referenced' another project or library in it. To explain, when this sheet has been create...

Task Create - Status

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Is it possible to customize money?
Hi, I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop functionalities for it. Let me explain better: I'm from Brazil, and the default stock quote finder isn't able to get local quotes. So, I was wondering if it's possible to customize it, or build a brand new one (I'm a programer). TIA, Bob See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. <rcrios@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8d4a06fd.0505091627.33a35a7a@posting.google.com... > I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop > functionalities for it. > >...

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

Stuck in outbox #2
whenever i send an email outside of outlook (whether it be from internet explorer or forwarding an email from an open folder) the email does not send automatically, it just sits in outlook outbox. i always have to physically open up outlook to release the email. this is very anoying and never happened with outlook express. before, it just sent automatically. thanks ...

Customizing CRM look and feel
Is there a way to 'brand' or otherwise give the CRM application the look and feel of our enterprise web site? I see multiple posts about using the CRM sytleguide to give CRM look and feel to custom pages, but I don't see anything about customizing CRM to take on a custom look and feel. It doesn't have to be wholesale changes to the UI, I'm just looking to at least slip in a logo and possibly a footer with a disclaimer/trademark kind of thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. SpencerW I would venture to say in the ISV.config file. You can buttons to the men...

Retrieving current custom sort settings
Is there a way to retrieve the current custom sort settings stored with a worksheet? ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

I cant find my send button
Does anyone how where the send button is?? Check and see if your views are correct. When you have a new message open, click view, then toolbars and make sure there is a check mark next to the word standard. That should bring up the toolbar with the send button Angela >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. > >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. >Look on your Toolbar for ">>" and a down arrow. If you hold your pointer on it, it should say "more buttons." Click on...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

UDF #2
hi Can someone explain me about UDF & its use? Thanks in advance A UDF is a user defined function. You can create a UDF and use it in a formula in a worksheet in the same way as a built-in function. You would create one to do something the built-in functions do not do, such as a look left VLOOKUP, or when you want to simplify a complex formula. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ankur" <Ankur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB8738FE-AF09-4ADD-A180-7B6A7C98EC8B@microsoft.com... > hi > > Can someone explain...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Tab Sequence? #2
tab sequence? Is there a way to set the order in which cells are highlighted when pressing the tab key? i.e. I have a cell in which data is entered, and then a button which fires a macro next to it. After entering the data I would like to be able to tab out of the cell and have the button highlighted such that pressing enter on the keyboard would trigger the button - much like a web page. Any suggestions? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I don't think you can do what you want. Excel allows for very little control over the tab sequence of cells. Moreover, buttons ...