coupons #2

What sort of coupons do people use and how?  I've used non inventory items
with negative values for giving money off, is there anything else anybody
does with coupons which is automated through RMS?

Does anybody know of any addon modules which would be of interest to me?

Would love to do date ranged automated coupons, with quite complex options.

0
philip168 (189)
4/11/2007 10:30:10 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We just made coupons a tender item. that way we can keep track of many we get
in.
Doug

"Philip Gass" wrote:

> What sort of coupons do people use and how?  I've used non inventory items
> with negative values for giving money off, is there anything else anybody
> does with coupons which is automated through RMS?
>
> Does anybody know of any addon modules which would be of interest to me?
>
> Would love to do date ranged automated coupons, with quite complex options.

0
DougPicNPac (141)
4/12/2007 12:16:01 AM
We also apply coupons as tender.  This seems to work better for us as a
tracking method.

Tim

"Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote:

> We just made coupons a tender item. that way we can keep track of many we get
> in.
> Doug
>
> "Philip Gass" wrote:
>
> > What sort of coupons do people use and how?  I've used non inventory items
> > with negative values for giving money off, is there anything else anybody
> > does with coupons which is automated through RMS?
> >
> > Does anybody know of any addon modules which would be of interest to me?
> >
> > Would love to do date ranged automated coupons, with quite complex options.

I believe there is great demand for the ability to scan mfg coupons at
the point of sale. Since Microsoft has not yet provided this ability,
maybe someone can produce an add-on. Most POS systems offer this capability.

Jay

Tim - Cigar Guy wrote:
> We also apply coupons as tender.  This seems to work better for us as a
> tracking method.
>
> Tim
>
> "Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote:
>

>>We just made coupons a tender item. that way we can keep track of many we get
>>in.
>>Doug
>>
>>"Philip Gass" wrote:
>>

>>>What sort of coupons do people use and how?  I've used non inventory items
>>>with negative values for giving money off, is there anything else anybody
>>>does with coupons which is automated through RMS?
>>>
>>>Does anybody know of any addon modules which would be of interest to me?
>>>
>>>Would love to do date ranged automated coupons, with quite complex options.

yes i would pay fortunes for some sort of automated couponing system which
produced coupons based on a spend or item/department trigger out of the
receipt printer, and coded them uniquely with a barcode and a date range
along with a customer freindly graphical coupon.  these then could be
redeemed  in a future transaction and when scanned would automatically line
discount relevant items etc removing the need for the till operator to do
anything manually other than scan the coupon!!!

am i dreaming or is there something like this out there?!

"Jay" <jay.lindner@pobox.com> wrote in message
>I believe there is great demand for the ability to scan mfg coupons at the
>point of sale. Since Microsoft has not yet provided this ability, maybe
>someone can produce an add-on. Most POS systems offer this capability.
>
> Jay
>
> Tim - Cigar Guy wrote:
>> We also apply coupons as tender.  This seems to work better for us as a
>> tracking method.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote:
>>

>>>We just made coupons a tender item. that way we can keep track of many we
>>>get in. Doug

0
philip168 (189)
4/12/2007 11:14:48 PM
I do not think anyone has developed this for RMS yet. It must be possible. I
assume the grocery stores use this type of coupon redemption. The
manufacturer's coupon is scanned and the system looks for the item on the
transaction and discounts it accordingly. This has to be possible in RMS via
an add-on, right?

"Philip Gass" <philip@creativegardens.net> wrote in message
> yes i would pay fortunes for some sort of automated couponing system which
> produced coupons based on a spend or item/department trigger out of the
> receipt printer, and coded them uniquely with a barcode and a date range
> along with a customer freindly graphical coupon.  these then could be
> redeemed  in a future transaction and when scanned would automatically
line
> discount relevant items etc removing the need for the till operator to do
> anything manually other than scan the coupon!!!
>
> am i dreaming or is there something like this out there?!
>

> "Jay" <jay.lindner@pobox.com> wrote in message
> >I believe there is great demand for the ability to scan mfg coupons at
the
> >point of sale. Since Microsoft has not yet provided this ability, maybe
> >someone can produce an add-on. Most POS systems offer this capability.
> >
> > Jay
> >
> > Tim - Cigar Guy wrote:
> >> We also apply coupons as tender.  This seems to work better for us as a
> >> tracking method.
> >>
> >> Tim

0
tim4227 (35)
4/13/2007 3:43:21 AM
We are in the process of doing the coupons with redemption for on eof our
customers.  After we finish the project for them we plan to add the complex
Promotion and Coupons into a pacakage to be released by August - Sept of
this year.  We have also thought about Rebate reporting.  Contact me for mor
einfo.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealmn.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = = = =
> What sort of coupons do people use and how?  I've used non inventory items
> with negative values for giving money off, is there anything else anybody
> does with coupons which is automated through RMS?
>
> Does anybody know of any addon modules which would be of interest to me?
>
> Would love to do date ranged automated coupons, with quite complex
> options.

0
afshin (783)
4/15/2007 11:40:09 AM
yes this has got to be possible!

My reseller is working on a module that should do exactly this!

I will keep you updated!

"Stringers" <tim@stringers-tennis.com> wrote in message
>I do not think anyone has developed this for RMS yet. It must be possible.
> assume the grocery stores use this type of coupon redemption. The
> manufacturer's coupon is scanned and the system looks for the item on the
> transaction and discounts it accordingly. This has to be possible in RMS
> via
> an add-on, right?
>

> "Philip Gass" <philip@creativegardens.net> wrote in message
>> yes i would pay fortunes for some sort of automated couponing system
>> which
>> produced coupons based on a spend or item/department trigger out of the
>> receipt printer, and coded them uniquely with a barcode and a date range
>> along with a customer freindly graphical coupon.  these then could be
>> redeemed  in a future transaction and when scanned would automatically
> line
>> discount relevant items etc removing the need for the till operator to do
>> anything manually other than scan the coupon!!!
>>
>> am i dreaming or is there something like this out there?!
>>

>> "Jay" <jay.lindner@pobox.com> wrote in message
>> >I believe there is great demand for the ability to scan mfg coupons at
> the
>> >point of sale. Since Microsoft has not yet provided this ability, maybe
>> >someone can produce an add-on. Most POS systems offer this capability.
>> >
>> > Jay

> we

> else

> me?

0
philip168 (189)

Promotion: Upgrade Mac 2008?! #2
Hello, I bought in October the Office 2004 version with the ption to upgrade for 10$ on Mac 2008 after its launch. Today I wanted to complete the forms etc. and found another promotion "Super Suite Deal", where you get for only 6.99$ the Mac Special Media Edition, but only for purchases between Nov 1st and Jan 14th. And I couldn't find the form for the normal "promotion", because I'm excluded form this because of my earlier purchase date... Can anybody help me and tell me if I can still apply for Mac 08? Maybe I can also apply for the Media Edition?! Thank you! ...

archive question #2
this is an odd one. I've finally convinced a user to migrate from Eudora 7 to Outlook 2003 when I set him up on his new laptop. One of the features I used to sell the migration was Outlook's archiving feature - the guy has 10 GIG of mail covering a ten year period. So I did the migration and verified Outlook's happy. It sends. It receives. He has all his old messages and his old address book. Great. Now I click FILE and select ARCHIVE and point the archive.pst file to an external hard drive. It says fine and I tell it to archive everying in his Personal Folder - including sub-fo...

slm #2
slm naber ...

copy setting between 2 instalations
hi i need to know how to copy all settings/customizations from one CRM instaltion to another Thanks Hi Pepe, You can export the customizations from within the deployment manager. Rightclick on the root entry and you'll be able to select 'export customizations'. Hope this helps, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "pepe" wrote: > hi > i need to know how to copy all settings/customizations from one CRM > instaltion to another > Thanks Thanks Ronald "Ronald Lemmen" wrote: > Hi Pepe, > > You can export the customizations from within ...

Pivot Table Source Data #2
I think I remember being able to take a pivot table view of data and "double-click" on something (like the column headings or the whole sheet) and a new sheet would be created showing all the background data used to form the pivot table. If you know how to do this, could you please describe the steps for doing this? If your pivottable shows a grand total cell (usually in the bottom right corner), try double clicking on that cell. Billy wrote: > > I think I remember being able to take a pivot table view of data and > "double-click" on something (like the column...

How 2 Link DATA instead of CELL REFERENCE
Here Goes...long story short, I am trying to make Excel work a little like Access. On first tab of my worksheet labeled "All" is all my data. Additional tabs contain links of the data from the 'All' tab1 (Party Invite-tab 2, Golf Invite-tab 3, Alumni-tab 4, etc.) However...when I sort the data on the 'All' tab, the links pasted on the other tabs continue to reference the pre-sorted ROW/COLUMN from the 'All' tab instead of the post-sorted DATA. Therefore data from the links on the other tabs are useless to me. Is there a formula to link the DATA in t...

Coupons.
1. Has anyone ever printed coupons at the receipt printer. If so, how did you create coupons and print them? 2. Is there a way to get suggested item pop ups, so the cashier may offer additonal items while making the sale? 1) I've never done this, but it would be possible to build an add-in to do it. I've seen this at supermarkets, and they usually print coupons off a separate printer - that seems like a really good idea, and should probably be included if you wanted to pursue a custom solution. 2) You can use Item Messages to do this, but creating the Item Messages and lin...

Disappearing Charts #2
When I create a chart and then I send it to someone the chart disappears. Would this be something I am doing or a server problem? ...

Merging Calendars #2
I have two Calendars - one is a sub of the main Calendar. I want to combine the sub calendar with the main one. I tried to export and import it into the main one but that isn't working. Any ideas? Melonie ...

SMTP Queue Growth error #2
I have set up notifications to notify my when my SMTP Queue grows consistently for 5 minutes. But I get this notification like 15 times a day! So then I go into my queue, and there is sometimes only one message that is in the queue at most. It is always an NDR for domain mx01.send4fun.com. I have no idea what that domain is. Under "Additional Queue Info" at bottom it says "The connection was dropped by the remote host". I am pretty sure my server is not open relay. Is this domain using me for Reverse NDR spam? Can someone explain this to me? Thanks, ....Jamie This...

Invalid Domain Name. Domain name invalid or unreachable #2
Hi, I am getting following error in MS CRM 4.0 when using Deployment Manager: "Invalid Domain Name. Domain name is either invalid or unreachable". Also when using the Plug-in registration tool, I am getting the same error. And I am not able to register any plug-in. Request you to please provide your inputs. Thanks in advance, help appreciated. Bharat On this posting there is some code to help you list the domains active from the machine you wish to install CRM 4.0 on. create this inside a .vbs file and run it using cscript from the system32 folder and it listed mine correctl...

date in excel #2
Hi, I'm trying to solve a problem... If I put "x" in A1 I would like for excel to set date and time in A2 when I put "x", B1 -> B2, ...., and so on. NOW() does not work because every time I close and open excel it recalculates. Is there a formula to set cell date and time without excel refreshing it on reopen, without using "manual calculations", and possible without macros and VBA? Thanks, MS! In article <j3b35d$1u9$1@sunce.iskon.hr>, MySelf.2001 at REMOVEmyself.2001 @gmail.com says... > > Hi, > I'm trying to solve a problem......

Breaking up one field into 2 columns and 2 rows
I have a table with 3 columns Totals, SalesOffice and Type. Type contains 4 different entries Cash Contribution, Cash Distribution, Security Contribution and Security Distribution. I want to set the report up like this: SalesOffice Contributions Distributions Net Cash Securities I can't figure out how to get it to display correctly. I've tried using 4 labels with =IIF([Type]="Cash Contribution","[Totals],"") =IIF([Type]="Cash Distribution","[Totals],"") ...

out of office reply #2
I want to let people know that I am out of the office when then send an e-mail and I am not there to receive it. How do I do that? In article <896301c34562$4f082030$a401280a@phx.gbl>, teresaswick@msn.com says... > I want to let people know that I am out of the office when > then send an e-mail and I am not there to receive it. How > do I do that? > Tools-Out of Office Assistant (unless you do not connect to exchange server, in which case the option won't be there...) -- (I may be wrong...I usually am....) Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to ...

Runtime Error 2
I am porting loads of old code (VC6) into our application at the moment. One class I have brought over is a dialog to allow users to change calendars for people (Resources). The code has come over OK, with just 1 or 2 minor tweaks so that it fits in with my app, but when running, I get "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'boldDays' was corrupted" (code is below) I have read about this on the web and it seems that the common theme is that code was brought from VC6 to a newer VS. Another theme is the bool variable - at least one other post involved a ...

How do I design a discont coupon (on line coupon)
How do I design a discont coupon (on line coupon)? I would like to build more business by offering discount coupons, like the ones I get from B&N in my email. They are printable and coded for single use. There are coupon templates in Publisher's Design Gallery objects. Maybe you can adapt of those. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Oscar FC" <Oscar FC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7542AD20-D471-4320-9767-8F027CB573BC@microsoft.com... > How do I design a discont coupon (o...

Timeout #2
Hi Milly and others -- is there any resolution to this? Thx, Brian __ Outlook should retain my settings regardless, but no, I don't get the mail after a few minutes. I set the timeouts that low so instead of opening the details, hitting "cancel all", then hitting send receive again, I can simply wait the few seconds and hit send/receive. It eliminates me constantly hitting cancel. Because if the first events haven't finished yet, hitting send/receive only enqueue's the commands so it doesn't really help and I don't want to wait 10 minutes to get my mail. Whe...

Crystal reports 9.2.2 upgrade
Hello I have crystal report advanced 9.2.0 and i really need an update for version 9.2.2 Can anybody tell me how can i get this download? It was a ftp: "ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/TS/CC/CRPro922.zip " but it missing. THANK YOU !! razvan rbacria@hotmail.com you need to contact businessobjects.com once they have verified your crystal 9.2.0 license they will send out or give you permission to download crystal 9.2.2 -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "razvanb" <razvanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Coupon
Is there a way to ring up a coupon in RMS? Say $5.00 off if you spend $50 or more? I don't to issue gift cards and I'm not to thrilled with the idea of setting up an item with a negative retail. try Retail Realm loyalty works great just as you wanted automaticly can credit customers account or print coupon that can be scaned "Daniela" <Daniela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9310F27D-2A1D-4A48-8529-8AA38F11EE81@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to ring up a coupon in RMS? Say $5.00 off if you spend $50 > or > more? I don't to issue ...

Camera_Toy_Videogame_Laptop_sale #2
Camera_Toy_Videogame_Laptop_sale http://shopforless.itgo.com Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , from $50 -up for the top brands Toy Sale from monster trucks to game cubes starting at $20 -$100 Pro active solution $20.00,and much more! ...

SUM IF 2 CONDTIONS
Hi there, I have a little probelm with my excell formula. I would like to do the following: If values in column R are equal to "Forest" AND if values in column P are equal to "Peter" then sum the numerical values in column AN. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ellenbelle You could use either =SUMPRODUCT(--(P2:P5="Forest"),--(R2:R5="Peter"),(AN2:AN5)) or an array formula. {=SUM(IF($P$2:$P$5="Forest",IF($R$2:$R$5="Peter",$AN$2:$AN$5,0),0))} If you use the array, don't type in the {}curly brackets. Type th formula a...

Microsoft Outlook 2003
I did what you said but now I cannot find the *.oft file that I saved. How do I open that file? "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message news:%23fsvHoSTHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... I said you should not use a ***published*** custom form. If all you need is a standard message to send frequently, turn off Word as your email editor, create the message, save it as an .oft file. You can then turn WordMail back on. When you want to send a message, just double-click the .oft file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Out...

PrimoPDF #2
I know that this may be a little off topic, but found the PrimoPDF facility through this newsgroup. Can anyone (Mary, JoAnn, Ed - others) tell me if there is a way to "merge" various PrimoPDF print files into one file? Thanks, Pat Nope. You either need Acrobat or a friend with Acrobat to do that for you. If it's a one-time thing, contact me off-line. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "PatJennings" <pfjennings@charter.net> wrote in message news:%235VAaWkRHHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP...

2 barcode scanners
Anyone know if I can use a splitter and connect two barcode scanners? - m Hi Mannay, Yes you can do so, and better contact hardware vendors of scanner, they must give you the cables where you can use 2 scanner one fix may be and one handheld. "Manny" wrote: > Anyone know if I can use a splitter and connect two barcode scanners? - m > > > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_12F3_01C7A24A.DD209C50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Manny, If you buy 2 USB scan...

toolbars #2
How do I keep custom icons (i.e. 'close' & 'save as' within the toolbar after I close out of Excel? When I reopen Excel, the screen quickly flashes the toolbars with the custom icons then switches to a screen without them. I have to reload each icon everytime I open Excel. (I do not have this problem with Word). ...