Cost Amount when "Must Enter Price"?

We operate a hardware store where we sell a lot of small items (e.g. Bolts,
screws, etc..) that we use a generic sku for and have the box checked in the
options tab to"Must Enter Price". Is there a way that everytime this sku is
sold that the cost can be calculated at the time of the sale to be a
percentage of the price entered? Otherwise this really throws off the COGS.

Thanks
0
sales8674 (35)
12/21/2005 2:51:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It would be possible to build an add-in to do this, but I don't know of any
existing ones.  Check with your reseller...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Tony" <sales@windovers.com> wrote in message
> We operate a hardware store where we sell a lot of small items (e.g.
> Bolts,
> screws, etc..) that we use a generic sku for and have the box checked in
> the
> options tab to"Must Enter Price". Is there a way that everytime this sku
> is
> sold that the cost can be calculated at the time of the sale to be a
> percentage of the price entered? Otherwise this really throws off the
> COGS.
>
> Thanks

0
glenn9672 (1267)
12/22/2005 10:30:33 PM
Glenn is correct this will require an add-in.  If you want us to quote for
this contact me.

Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk]
CEO - Retail Realm
--
URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> It would be possible to build an add-in to do this, but I don't know of any
> existing ones.  Check with your reseller...

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "Tony" <sales@windovers.com> wrote in message
> > We operate a hardware store where we sell a lot of small items (e.g.
> > Bolts,
> > screws, etc..) that we use a generic sku for and have the box checked in
> > the
> > options tab to"Must Enter Price". Is there a way that everytime this sku
> > is
> > sold that the cost can be calculated at the time of the sale to be a
> > percentage of the price entered? Otherwise this really throws off the
> > COGS.
> >
> > Thanks

0
afshin (783)

Setting Sale Price for must enter price items
we are having a store wide sale. There are items that you must enter price at pos. When I set a formula (price*.75) these come up as $0.00 even after entering the price. Is there any way around this??? ...

Cost Amount when "Must Enter Price"?
We operate a hardware store where we sell a lot of small items (e.g. Bolts, screws, etc..) that we use a generic sku for and have the box checked in the options tab to"Must Enter Price". Is there a way that everytime this sku is sold that the cost can be calculated at the time of the sale to be a percentage of the price entered? Otherwise this really throws off the COGS. Thanks It would be possible to build an add-in to do this, but I don't know of any existing ones. Check with your reseller... -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@ti...

Must enter price at POS
We have a few generic ILC's we use that are setup as "Must enter price at POS". Today while ringing up a customer who is setup on 'A' pricing, we noticed that if you set the customer (which changes pricing from regular to A price level) after one of these 'Must enter price' items has been rung up, the price of that item gets reset to ZERO. Has anyone noticed this behavior? This is very dangerous. Am I setting up something wrong - or is there a work around? Marc Marc, When you select a customer that has A, B, or C pricing, it doesn't matter when you ...