Copy Security settings by Level

Hi,

Is it possible to copy security settings per level?  If yes, pls advise how.
Tnx.

\Franco

Email: fmanuel@gisimplement.com
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Could you rephrase that?  Not sure what you're looking to do - copy Level 1
to level 10 or copy all setting from one control to another?  Either way is
going to be cryptic at best...

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Joseph Franco Manuel" <JosephFrancoManuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:67C783F1-CF30-4FA9-84CE-826899539DA4@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to copy security settings per level?  If yes, pls advise
> how.
> Tnx.
>
> \Franco
>
> Email: fmanuel@gisimplement.com

0
glenn1806 (721)
5/18/2005 7:14:33 PM
there are 32 level 0 to 31
so it is represent with a 32 bit binary in the db

"Joseph Franco Manuel" <JosephFrancoManuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:67C783F1-CF30-4FA9-84CE-826899539DA4@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to copy security settings per level?  If yes, pls advise
> how.
> Tnx.
>
> \Franco
>
> Email: fmanuel@gisimplement.com

0
dont5853 (24)
5/19/2005 10:37:46 PM
For example is that i have created security settings for level 5 (say this
level is intended for the Store Manager ).  I would like to set-up another
security settings for level 10 which i intend to assign to all Store
Supervisors.  This security settings for level 10 will be almost the same as
level 5 except with some functions / views restrictions.

Now, i would like to copy(if possible) the security settings from level 5 to
level 10.  From here, i will just modify level 5 to fit the appropriate
settings intended for the store supervisor.  In short, i don't want to
recreate the settings from scratch.

Is there a better way to do this?
tnx.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Could you rephrase that?  Not sure what you're looking to do - copy Level 1
> to level 10 or copy all setting from one control to another?  Either way is
> going to be cryptic at best...
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Joseph Franco Manuel" <JosephFrancoManuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:67C783F1-CF30-4FA9-84CE-826899539DA4@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to copy security settings per level?  If yes, pls advise
> > how.
> > Tnx.
> >
> > \Franco
> >
> > Email: fmanuel@gisimplement.com

When we established security levels, we were not able to copy and just
modify.  We had to spend the time clicking all those aspects.  Originally I
had wanted more levels than what I established but the shear amount of work
involved limited what I chose to do.

--
Elizabeth M.
"Joseph Franco Manuel" <JosephFrancoManuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> For example is that i have created security settings for level 5 (say this
> level is intended for the Store Manager ).  I would like to set-up another
> security settings for level 10 which i intend to assign to all Store
> Supervisors.  This security settings for level 10 will be almost the same
> as
> level 5 except with some functions / views restrictions.
>
> Now, i would like to copy(if possible) the security settings from level 5
> level 10.  From here, i will just modify level 5 to fit the appropriate
> settings intended for the store supervisor.  In short, i don't want to
> recreate the settings from scratch.
>
> Is there a better way to do this?
> tnx.
>

> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> Could you rephrase that?  Not sure what you're looking to do - copy Level
>> 1
>> to level 10 or copy all setting from one control to another?  Either way
>> is
>> going to be cryptic at best...
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>

>> "Joseph Franco Manuel" <JosephFrancoManuel@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote
>> in message news:67C783F1-CF30-4FA9-84CE-826899539DA4@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Is it possible to copy security settings per level?  If yes, pls advise
>> > how.
>> > Tnx.
>> >
>> > \Franco
>> >
>> > Email: fmanuel@gisimplement.com

0
anonymous (74722)

Splitting a secure database
Hi I have built a secure database, using the work group method, which has worked fine as a single database. However, I am now required to split it into a front end and a back end. I used the Database Splitter in the Tools menu to create the back end file. Now, I can open the back end without being asked for a password. It has not carried across the security stuff coded in the original database. How do I rectify this? Stapes On 24 Aug, 11:07, Stapes <steve.sta...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I have built a secure database, using the work group method, which has > worked fine...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Default view is set to show Reading Pane
This is set on all folders. At the moment I have been going to each individual folder and turning the reading pane off. Is there a way to turn this off as a default on all folders? Thank you. Kylie B Kylie B <KylieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > This is set on all folders. At the moment I have been going to each > individual folder and turning the reading pane off. > > Is there a way to turn this off as a default on all folders? Use the techniques described here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

v10 Int Mgr settings for .ini file to see dyn windows being popula
In v8 and earlier I used to create a im.ini file that would open GP windows and show the integration running. How do you do this in v10? Thanks Ray Nist Ray, The setting hasn't change. [IMGPPrv] ShowDynamics=True Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Ray Nist" wrote: > In v8 and earlier I used to create a im.ini file that would open GP windows > and show the integration running. > > How do you do this in v10? > > Thanks > Ray Nist Thanks Mario. We set this and it ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

subtotal copy and paste

Security Flaw with Digital Signatures in Outlook
This report is also available graphically at http://www.logsat.com/Signatures On 10/21/2004 the following vulnerability was reported to Microsoft: Security Flaw with Digital signatures in Microsoft Outlook - Emails in Microsoft Outlook digitally signed with S/MIME using either a commercial personal certificate like Verisign or using a certificate issued by MS Certificate Server can be altered. Outlook will not show any warnings about the email being changed, the digital signature will still be reported valid even though the message content has been modified and parties involved in the sig...

Copying graphs

How do I set up a personsl address book in Outlook?
I am trying to create a personal address book in Outlook so that I can transfer it to my contacts in Outlook Express and I canpt find any instrutions on how to do this. Thank you for any HELP you my give. Outlook does not use an address book. You can export your Contacts to any format OE can import. CSV seems to work for most folks. -- Russ Valentine "Sterling1Mia" <Sterling1Mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3A362B1-8618-41D5-ADA9-4E1CDC950618@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a personal address book in Outlook so that I can > tra...

Exchange Sets itself as default ~Urgent
I have a new SBS domain. I am using outside services for web hosting and email... I do not want exchange to send email as I have set up my domain to be mydomain.local. When I configure Outlook I set the pop 3 account to be default. However, if I reboot then Exchange takes over and sets to default. My understanding is that I need exchange for the company web and shared calendars, however, I do not want to use it for email. When Exchange is default then outgoing email is lost in never never land... I do not want to force my users to select which account they are going to send from ever...

Copying Views

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

EXCEL FILE a copy/a copy/a copy ....filename
when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file itself so my file name of a file i save 7 times can have 7 'a copy' in it eg c./my doc/a copy/a copy/ a copy..............a copy/xx.xls Is the file saved as Read Only? Do you get a message on opening asking you if it's read only? Regards, Alan. "ve" <ve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C3DEBA-2C2E-4DF0-978B-F823E120458A@microsoft.com... > when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file > itself so my file name of a file i save ...

copy of treeview
Hello, I have to copy information from a treeview to another treeview... The first TreeCtrl is in a dialog and the second it's in another dialog. The application is Dialog Based and I use my oen solution of property sheet. So if I want to call something from another dialog i make i this way: CResultsPageDlg resDlg((CMyAppDlg*)theApp.GetMainWnd()); resDlg.CopyTreeview(m_TreeView.GetRootItem(), m_TreeView.GetRootItem()); useing the solution from http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/dragdrop/article.php/c657/ Somebody knows how to do that? Alex What is CopyTreeview method...

How can set to default the Format Text with No Spacing in Word / Outlook 2007?
I am using Office 2007 package, including Word 2007 and Outlook 2007. I have noticed that when I open a new document (or email) my Word always deafults to "Normal" in Format Text, which means that there is a one-line space in between each line that I write text in Word or Outlook. How can I set that both Outlook and Word always deafults to "No Spacing" between the lines of text. I assume that whateevr setting I have in Word are automatically used by Outlook when I open a new email or select reply to one? Please advise! Michael B. <mystic02removethisplease@ver...

everything I copy from explorer end up green in Excel How can I c.
How can I change this to copy the actual colors from the html file ??? "Sacs" wrote: > ...

Copy to Clipboard from Excel 2003
Hi, I run Office 2003. In Excel, I consistently have problems with copying information from cells. The following happens: - I select a numeric cell and do a ctrl+c, message from Excel "cannot empty the clipboard". Item does not appear on clipboard " - I select a text cell and do a ctrl+c, message from Excel "an error occured while trying to retrieve information from another program. Try working with your message again". When I OK this message, it appears one more time and when I OK a second time, the item is placed on the clipboard. I do run a very useful app call...