Contest Number Receipt Printing

Just wondering if anyone has tried printing numbers on the receipt from POS
to verify that someone signing up for a contest is truely someone who
purchased from your store? For example:

When POS goes through the XML file when a receipt is being printed,
it creates a random number and sends it to an outside source (e.g. Internet
MySQL Server). It then prints the number on the receipt for the customer
to use later when verifying they are who they say they are on a web based
form.

Does anyone know if this is a possible feat?

I have some experience with the receipt.xml (edited the file before for a
custom receipt to come out when a customer returns an item, so we can write
down all their personal information) and web based programming knowledge
(PHP, MySQL) but no XML knowledge.
0
Tim6814 (325)
5/8/2007 5:02:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tim wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone has tried printing numbers on the receipt from POS
> to verify that someone signing up for a contest is truely someone who
> purchased from your store? For example:

Do you want only a random number created from a web-services, or you
want to send the xml receipt to this web-services, and to-repost the
reply in store operation? I think this isn't possible.. because the
printer engine use receipt.xml and the transaction to create the
print-copy .. You can modify the receipt.xml to print a SessionVariable
value.. and to send the XML data (available from a QSRules.Session
property) to web-service before to print the receipt.

cod
0
wolfcod (116)
5/8/2007 5:59:49 AM
I just want the receipt to print a random# on the receipt and then send this
# to the MySQL Server, using the internet, so it can be looked up later for
verification.

"cod" wrote:

> Tim wrote:
> > Just wondering if anyone has tried printing numbers on the receipt from POS
> > to verify that someone signing up for a contest is truely someone who
> > purchased from your store? For example:
>
> Do you want only a random number created from a web-services, or you
> want to send the xml receipt to this web-services, and to-repost the
> reply in store operation? I think this isn't possible.. because the
> printer engine use receipt.xml and the transaction to create the
> print-copy .. You can modify the receipt.xml to print a SessionVariable
> value.. and to send the XML data (available from a QSRules.Session
> property) to web-service before to print the receipt.
>
> cod

0
Tim6814 (325)
5/8/2007 6:12:02 AM
Tim wrote:
> I just want the receipt to print a random# on the receipt and then send this
> # to the MySQL Server, using the internet, so it can be looked up later for
> verification.
Ah ok :)

You can create an hook to initialize the random# on
InitializeTransaction, or TenderBegin .. TenderEnd ..

Put this number in SessionVariable object (they are 10 session variable)
and insert into receipt.xml a row to print the SessionVariableX (see in
doc.) .. and after the post send the Transaction number, Store	ID, Date
and others details to your mysql server with another add-in (if you
write your software in .NET you can get the System.Data.MySql assembly
from mysql web site)

cod
0
wolfcod (116)
5/8/2007 6:34:32 AM
I think i just realized another way of doing it. All i need to know is can
you define the receipt.xml document as a Web path? (eg.
http://45.7.4.22/receipt.xml)
0
Tim6814 (325)
5/8/2007 3:02:01 PM
It's not going to work.  The XML template file is only read once - when
you select it in the Receipt Format properties.  When you save the
receipt format, the XML file and the property settings are compiled and
stored to the database.  The XML file is NOT accessed for each receipt
that prints, just the compiled version of the database.

You need an add-in to inject your random number into the RMS Session so
that it can be printed.  I believe that you could do this with an HTML
Add-in launched from a Custom POS Button, but if you want to make sure
it is done without cashier interaction, you will need a COM Callable
add-in.  See drilldown.htm for an example of an html add-in; you
wouldn't need anything this complex, but it shows how to interact with
QSRules.Session.

I would actually use a web service on the other end to generate the
random code and inject it into your website.  The RMS addin would just
need to call the web service to retrive the code, then save it into a
Session.VariableX as cod suggested.  No need to make multiple add-ins or
multiple calls though - you would just make a single call to the web
site saying "Hey, I need a code", then the website would be responsible
for generating and storing it - all you need from RMS is to print it out...

Hope that helps.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Tim wrote:
> I think i just realized another way of doing it. All i need to know is can
> you define the receipt.xml document as a Web path? (eg.
> http://45.7.4.22/receipt.xml)
0
glenn9672 (1267)

Numbering Raws
Hi, My query gets date from several tables: Tpurchase, TProducts, TContract, TBuyer... After ordering the query data by Contract ID (many contracts to one dealer) and by purchase date (many purchases to one contract), I would like to add another field as raw number. This is so i could later create a running sum for the purchase amount by purchase date rather then by purcahse ID. The problem is that purchases from earlier dates may have higher ID since they are entered in delay. So... How do I created numbering for the orders? On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:11:04 -0800, doughnut <doughnut@d...

Built-in Number Format "#,##0_);(#,##0)"
I want to display my negative numbers in parentheses and should be able to use one of the built-in number formats. I select (Format > Cells)(Number tab) and in the category listbox, select "Number". The last two items in the Negative numbers listbox do not have parentheses. The built-in number format that should contain parentheses, "#,##0_);(#,##0)" has actually changed to "#,##0_);(#,##0)" Has anyone seen this before ? I could create a custom number format but this should be built-in. Hi James! You'll get the last two number options to include ()...

Number of categories
I need to make a macro to change the between tick-mark labels with a value depending of the total numbers of rows, but I do not now the VB code to put the number of categories in the graph. I'm not a expert in VB coding, any help is appreciated, Thanks, jos post specifics "Jos" wrote: > I need to make a macro to change the between tick-mark labels with a value > depending of the total numbers of rows, but I do not now the VB code to put > the number of categories in the graph. > I'm not a expert in VB coding, any help is appreciated, > Thanks, jos ...

Printing a merged to file
Hello, I have searched for this topic but did not find another similar question. I am merging mail addresses to a four up postcard form. If I merge to a document and try to print it, I either get four copies of the same address on each sheet or one copy in the middle of the four up form. If I merge to the printer, I get four addresses per sheet in the right place. That would be fine, but some of the addresses are long enough that they wrap and they wrap in a place where the program decides. Foe example: Johnathan Quixley & Jane Elizabeth Doe may wrap to be "Johnathan Quixley & J...

Revision conversion to a number suggestions ?
I have a problem with Revisioning conversions. I wonder if any one has any ideas on how to do this better. One of the elements in my database is drawing numbers and their Revision letter. ie drawing GA123 Revision A . the next drawing would be GA123 B and so on. My problem is when the drawing rolls all the way to GA123 AA or Even 3 Letters in the revision ie Rev ABZ. Currently i take the asc value of each letter and add them togeter to get a number representing the revision. example Rev AB would be 65+66 = 131 so when i compair drawings to see if a new one exists i can just...

Number Format #10
Hello I've got a large spreadsheet which was imported. Apart from the first 2 columns, the rows consist of number which I need to filter, but this isn't working. Then I noticed an apostrophe before each number in every cell, which doesn't show in the cell but up in the formula/text bar. I've set all the columns to numbers but the apostrophe won't go away. Please can someone tell me how I can without having to go into each cell as there are hundreds. Thank you J Select all the columns with these "numbers" in them, then right click the tab at the bottom of t...

Add a set number to a random entered number
I have to start a vehicle service record and am trying to add the 6000 mile service interval to the mileage at service number. EG. A B C D 1 6000 12000 2 12125 18125 3 18200 24200 etc A is the mileage at service and C is the next service due.I am trying to do this without having a cell with a line of 6000 in it and the formula eg =SUM(A1:B1) in the C cell.Is this possable?Hope some one can help. Hi =A1+6000 HTH. Best wishes Harald "Cyclops" <Cyclops@discussions.microsoft.com> skre...

Print a screen shot in Excel? #2
Can I print a screen shot in Excel If just a range of cells, select the range and SHIFT + Edit>Copy Picture. Can be pasted just about anywhere. If want the whole window, PrintScreen and paste to a graphics program like Paint. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:05:04 -0800, "Teacher1" <Teacher1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I print a screen shot in Excel ...

highest number
Hi This is my first post. please could anyone tell me how:) if i have for instance 7 cells with different numbers in each cell' ie 21' 56' 87' 99' 21' 33' 15' how can i make another cell automaticall show the highest number from the other cells (in this case the cel would show number 99. Thanks Ji -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If they're really numbers (not text), then =max(a1:a7) and there's an =min() function, too. And a couple of siblings you may want to read about in excel's help: =large() =small() "jim w <...

possible to enumerate page numbers?
Hi, If any CRM object has big data(let's suppose that Opportunity has 50000 data), in the View, you can see those data by page number..... However, by default, it only navigates by one page...In other words, if I want to see 15 page, I should click 15 times to look at the page... Any way page number can be customized via CRM system customization?... I couldn't find it... For example, if I want to have viw something like this... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ..........(Would be last number of page number) In this way, if I want to look at the 15 page, I only need to click 15 number... Thanks....

The Drawing Contest
Create an original drawing that will encourage you to think how you can help your community. http://tiotceidtbosoas.googlepages.com/ ...

1099 payee account number
I am having quite a bit of trouble with my 1099 processing. It has created a lot of manual work. Three questions?? 1. Is there anyway that you can add the paid amount of two vendors with the same FTIN together before processing? 2. Is there anyway to get the payee's account number to print on the 1099? Next year I believe this will be a mandatory thing. 3. Is there anyway that you can get the system to print the "X" in the box of over $5000 direct sales? Thanks for any help any of you can be!!! I did it manually last year, but don't really feel like doing it manually...

Formula for numbers=color
I am trying to make a cell or the numbers in a cell turn red when they are certain numbers, like 20 for example. If I enter 20 in the cell it turns red. Trying to make a lotto sheet so I can easily find my lotto numbers. Thanks On 20 Sep 2004 16:32:22 -0700, vile5@comcast.net (Vile) wrote: >I am trying to make a cell or the numbers in a cell turn red when they >are certain numbers, like 20 for example. If I enter 20 in the cell >it turns red. Trying to make a lotto sheet so I can easily find my >lotto numbers. > >Thanks Look at Conditional Formatting (under the Format...

Numbered headings, TOC, page-numbering, template
Word 2007: I am working on a manual that has chapters and appendixes. I am also trying to create a template such that later writers can use the template and simply select the appropriate styles for each heading. I want to have numbered headings such that I can specify page numbering 1-1, 1-2, ...2-1,2-2, ...A-1, A-2, A-3 etc. I created my own styles based on Normal, Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3 but with different names and with numbering specified. When I use one of my personal headings, they act ok in the text, but when I try to specify the 1-1 style of page numbering in ...

Card Contest
I'm going to make a guess.................Mary, are you responsible for the sample card on the Publishermvps.com site? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.774 / Virus Database: 521 - Release Date: 10/7/2004 If it is the "feeling well", yes. Since I can't win I decided not to get too artistic... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotm...

BCC to print
I want the BCC addresses to print when I print a copy of the email I sent. How do I do this? Thank you, Tony B. ...

printing page numbers
How do you get the page numbers to print on the pages. I can see them in the program, but not on preview or when I print a page minihaha wrote: > How do you get the page numbers to print on the pages. I can see > them in the program, but not on preview or when I print a page Adjust your printer margins. The page numbers are falling in your printer's unprintable area. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ My first thought was that *maybe* they aren't in the document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Miss Perspicacia Tick" &...

Printing E-Mails with Attachments
when printing an e-mail how do you print the e-mail showing the attachments in the header? Colin T <ColinT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when printing an e-mail how do you print the e-mail showing the > attachments in the header? Try this: Open the message, click Edit>Edit Message, and convert it to Plain Text. Then try to print it. ...

convert number to a set multiple of that number
Is there any way that I can type in a number into a cell and have a formula multiply that number by .397 and have the result show up in the same cell? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Only by using VBA, you could get the same effect by putting 0.397 in a cell, copy it, select the cell with the number and do edit>paste special and select multiply -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "CB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF48282-6C59-480E-BBB2-938E9C799802@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that I can type in a number into a cell and have a formu...

number formats and masks
Hi - I have a list of numbers whose formats i need to change. For example, the number 79.26 shows up in my formula bar as 79.25999999. How do I make all those 9's go away? Mike, Format as a number to 2 dec places, menu Format>Cells and so on. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b2901c3b8de$41876a70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I have a list of numbers whose formats i need to > change. For e...

Hey Brian, the card contest?
Maybe this year? Doesn't have to be a holiday card, any occasion will do. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com Mary Sauer wrote: > Maybe this year? Doesn't have to be a holiday card, any occasion will do. > I like the idea of course. And agreed, it doesn't have to be holiday, but it would be good to run the contest through the holidays and finish up and pick the winner near Christmas. What do you think? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This p...

Tag do not print or forward
In Outlook 2000, how can I tag an email message so that it can not be printed or forwarded on? Please advise. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2000, how can I tag an email message so that it > can not be printed or forwarded on? You can't. -- Brian Tillman ...

formula to add number comined with text
i am currently using a basic weekly diary in excel and need a formula that will count cells which contain numbers along with text Row 1 -> w/c 12/7/09 12/14/09 12/21/09 12/28/09 Total > Col A days 3mtw 5 1w 4mtwt 13 days I need formula that will give total of days across each month as above not sure if countif formula will work for this or not each cell will have the number of days used in that week followed by initial of the day I need the formula to count the number that is at the ...

Announcement Coming: Holiday Card Contest 2003
Keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming details and full announcement for the 2nd Annual Microsoft Publisher Holiday Greeting Card contest! Stay tuned........ Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org ...

formating numbers #3
Hi, In my columns when I type a number like 6.00, it would be automatically formated as 6 by Excel. How can I force it to be 6.00 ? Thx Thank you guys :) ...