Connecting to MS SQL Server 2008 Express

I am using a demo for RMS 2.0 and installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express.
Using the Store Operations Administrator Configuration screen I am getting
the following listed below when trying to connect. Any clues as to my problem
would be greatly appreciated...
Error #-2147217843
Login failed for user 'Mike'
(Source: Microsoft OLE DB Providor for SQL Server)
(SQL State: 42000)
(NativeError: 18456)
No Help file avaialbe
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You are tring to log into an SQL server with the SQL Authentication and the
username Mike.  This error would indicate the user Mike does not exist, does
not have access to the database you are trying to connect to, or the
password was entered correctly.  I would double-check your settings on SQL.
Typically most users use the SA username with it's password while setting up
RMS.

--
Thank you,
Ryan Sakry

"DoScuba" <DoScuba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a demo for RMS 2.0 and installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express.
> Using the Store Operations Administrator Configuration screen I am getting
> the following listed below when trying to connect. Any clues as to my
> problem
> would be greatly appreciated...
> Error #-2147217843
> Login failed for user 'Mike'
> (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Providor for SQL Server)
> (SQL State: 42000)
> (NativeError: 18456)
> No Help file avaialbe

0
Ryan

Ms Access 2007 and Ms Sharepoint 2007 (Issue with Attachments)
Hi, I'm running MS Office Enterprise 2007 SP2, MS Sharepoint 2007 SP2 on machines running Windows 2003 Enterprise. My application is simple. I'm linked to several Sharepoint tables (or lists) in a project via MS Access. I have a large table in Access that has attachments and I'm trying to post the attachments to specific records in the Sharepoint List. In all my attempt I receive an error. Run-Time error '3001' Invalid Argument. I've also used the code in this example, and get the same problem. http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2008/...

SQL Server Backup overwrite?
My current backups are stored here S:\backup\retail123.bak. I want to over write this backup with S:\backup\retail.bak using INIT. My question is will this make two copies (retail123.bak, retail.bak) or will this overwrite the existing retail123.bak and saves only one backup i.e. retail.bak. Do I need to add SKIP command also so that it will overwrite any backup exists in that folder with retail name? Please clarify.. On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:45:58 -0700 (PDT), Bero <robertatnova@gmail.com> wrote: >My current backups are stored here S:\backup\retail123.bak. >I want t...

Reinstall Exchange 2003 on Same Server
We have multiple problems on a current Windows 2003 Server (also a DC - will DCPROMO down first and wait for replication) with Exchange 2003; therefore, we would like to reinstall the OS on this server. **** The errors are related to an application we previously had installed on this server and no longer have.**** Anyhow, after the reinstall of the OS, we will put back Exchange 2003 DB (priv & pub files). Is there a proper high-level process you guys can tell me in how to approach this procedure? Thank you. you will need to use /DisasterRecovery switch http://www.msexchange....

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

Outbound e-mail queues on our front-end Exchange 2003 server
Here is my company's config: 1 - Front-end exchange 2003 enterprise w/ SP2 server running on Windows 2003 Server R2 Standard Edition. 1 - Back-end exchange 2003 enterprise w/ SP2 server running on Windows 2003 Server R2 Standard Edition. The front-end server services HTTP/S requests as well and POP3 and IMAP4 and acts as an SMTP relay for all incoming email. The back-end server host ALL of our mailboxes and is supposed to be sending all of our outbound email via smarthost to Postini (our SPAM provider). 99.99% of our outbound email is routed and delivered no problem, but everyday I see...

help: Installed Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 over WSS
And now I can't access the Business Portal or my old WSS sites. We're running Microsoft Business Portal for Great Plains on top of WSS 2.0. Today I installed Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 without first reading the migration guide (stupid of me). Now I can't get the old WSS sites or the Business Portal site to load. I created a new virtual server for the Sharepoint Portal Server before installing it and I believe the Sharepoint Portal created a new MSDE database so it didn't wipe out the old SHAREPOINT MSDE database. I need to get the Microsoft Business Portal and the old WSS ...

MS Excel Worksheets
I have multiple worksheets with at least one common field. I need to create an additional worksheet that combines the related fields based on the field that is common to all. Which function does this? Thank you. What do you mean by "combines the related fields"? If you mean "sums" then you can use =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!A1) where Sheet1 is the left-most sheet and Sheet5 is the right-most sheet that you want to sum. In article <5F8164C9-E8F9-44B4-A846-505906F69F40@microsoft.com>, "Wordgeek" <Wordgeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I h...

Microsoft Outlook Express #3
I am having a weird program with Outlook Express. I use Roadrunner. I have two computers networked. When I try to read my e-mail I have different e-mail on each computer. For some reason all of my e-mail does not appear on both of the computers. It is frustrating to have to open Outlook Express on both to see all of the e-mail. This problem started occurring after I had to have the hard drive reformated on one of my computers. I have Internet Explorer 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2) on both computers. Can some one tell how to fix this problem. I have installed all the updates on both compu...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

FTE's in Portfolio Server vs Project Server
Is there a way that I can change the calendar for the calculation of FTE's in Portfolio Server? It appears to calculate FTE's based on an 8 hour day, resulting in my Project Server imported Resource Utilisation showing as 0.92 or something per FTE. FYI, the export from PPS to PS Resource Plan the value is correct 1 FTE = 1 FTE, it's just when I Update Availability do I see these different values. Any help would be great thanks, Martin Laukkanen ...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

Installing Intelligent Message Filter on additional servers
I am currently running Exchange 2003 SP1 on four servers, two of which are frontend servers. One frontend server already has Intelligent Message Filter installed on it. I am now planning to install IMF on the second Frontend Server, are there any issues I should be aware of, will the install on the second server cause the Message Delivery tab at the top of the organisation to be updated to it's default settings? Non of the docs on IMF are very clear about the issue. thanx Susie There should be no issue and settings should not be overwritten. Altough maybe you should consider up...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Parameter query with expressions and calculations
Hi Everyone, I am using Access 2003. I have been working on this query for a few weeks using my Access book, examples from this group and google searches. I am pretty close to getting what I want but I am getting frustrated and mixed up and I can't seem to figure it out. I'm starting to get mixed up trying to explain this too so I am going to post and let you guys help me organize my thoughts...geesh! In regular words here is what I want. My database is of patients and information about the therapy we are giving them and how long they are on that therapy. I w...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Is MS ever going to fix the problem with Bills?
My money file gets slower and slower every year (started in Money 95 and have used every version since then) and have confirmed the problem in my inability to easily view the "Spending tracker" in Money Plus is because the bills are somehow messed up in the background - they all seem to work fine for payment, cash flow, etc. Spending Tracker totally chokes though, taking 2-3 minutes to show up. If I clear out all bills using the "Repair Money, Remove All Bills" it works fine. But after wasting about an hour putting stuff back in, I ran across my mortgage. It seems the &qu...

Taste these correction patch from the MS Corp.
--rswkfwcsxba Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zjfuntbr"; type="multipart/alternative" --zjfuntbr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hjqpidhjz" --hjqpidhjz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the most serious...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

Linked Servers
I would like to create two linked servers to the same data source. The first linked server has fairly open access to the database. The second linked server will have limited access to the database (readonly on one view). The two Linked Servers would be configured to access the database through different logins on the source server with different access to the same database. The first Linked Server works fine. I can't seem to configure a second linked server to the same datasource, even if I define the Server type as another data source. How can I create two linked s...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

Outlook Express address book #8
I can add addresses to contacts but it won't let me create or add contacts to the address book??? said something about contacting the administrator to crate an address book Address books are just virtual views of contacts - they contain only contacts with electronic addresses. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-R...