Closing Billing Cycle

Our terms are 10 days after the close of the billing
cycle. Our opening and closing dates were 7/1/04 to
7/31/04. I took payments on Saturday the 10th of July but
did not close out the registers which were closed on the
following Monday afternoon. When we ran statements today,
the customers who paid on the 10th still received a
finance charge. Do the registers have to be closed out
before the payments are considered paid?? Or are we doing
something else wrong?? Any help would greatly
appreciated!!!
0
anonymous (74740)
8/3/2004 1:35:21 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check the config in SO Mgr for statements billing.
When did you closed the billing cycle in SO Mgr ?

Mihir
Diviasoft, Inc
www.diviasoft.com

"Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our terms are 10 days after the close of the billing
> cycle. Our opening and closing dates were 7/1/04 to
> 7/31/04. I took payments on Saturday the 10th of July but
> did not close out the registers which were closed on the
> following Monday afternoon. When we ran statements today,
> the customers who paid on the 10th still received a
> finance charge. Do the registers have to be closed out
> before the payments are considered paid?? Or are we doing
> something else wrong?? Any help would greatly
> appreciated!!!

0
mihirs (128)
8/3/2004 2:57:52 AM
We ran statements on 8-2-04 with a closing date of 7-31-04.

0
anonymous (74740)
8/3/2004 2:07:46 PM
Do these customers have an account balance that was not included in the
payment on 7-10?

--
Elizabeth M.
> We ran statements on 8-2-04 with a closing date of 7-31-04.

0
anonymous (74740)

ThisWorkbook.Close question
Please take a look at the code below: Public Sub DumbFoo ( ) ThisWorkbook.Close() Sheet1.Range("A1").Value = -1 ThisWorkbook.Save() End Sub Is it safe to assume that the code below the "ThisWorkbook.Close()" line will NOT be executed??? My question is basically: Does all VBA code stop executing once a .Close() function is called??? Thank you! I don't believe the code would execute at all because of the parentheses after Close. It would throw an error an tell you that something is missing, or type mismatch. But, if you did...

How to Enable Close(cross) button of MB_YESNO messagebox
Hi, I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO message box. Can anybody tell me how to do this. Klic. "Klic" <rohit.turambekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186120969.045121.287770@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO > message box. > Can anybody tell me how to do this. Why? If there is a valid answer other than yes or no, then how about a yes/no/cancel message box in which (I would guess) the x button is equivalent to cancel. That would be more standard. Da...

Outlook closes and closes
Hi I have a strange bug. Windows XP Sp2 and outlook from office 20003 with all service packs applied. When I start outlook from windows out of standby postion, outlook immediately after the splash screen closes without reporting any errors in the eventlog or in any other log. If I start outlook the 10th time (or so) it stabilizes and does not close anymore and everything works again. info: My machine is fully patched and I am well known with keeping things healthy. Outlook.exe Version: 11.0.6353.0 Any ideas what to do? Thanks... try the detect and repair in the help menu. >----...

closing
What's the best way to close for the day? Making a backup is a given, but what about the computer? Is it better to shut everything off every day, or is it less wear and tear on the computer to leave it on all the time? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Craig That's a matter of preference really. Personally I always turn off my rigs at home when I'm done with them. At the store we leave most of ours on 24/7. We've done it for years with no issues. Our register must be left on as it does automatic backups to a tape drive every night. I'd set your monitors ...

Help
When creating or fowarding an e-mail message using outlook 2000, scrolling through my "recipients" list (contacts) causes the program to close unexpectedly. So, I click "new", click "to", switch to my "contacts" list, and as I scroll through the names, the program just closes. Is there a possibility that one of my contact records is corrupt? I have opened all of my contacts and saved them without an error. This problem developed shortly after the install of Office 2000's calender update, and basic security update. I have since fully u...

Bill Shortcut Menu is Incomplete
Every now and then I notice that the shortcut menu available to you on the Bills page loses some of its options. I am currently using M$ 2007 Deluxe. When right-clicking on one of my bills, I only get the options of "Go to Account" and "Go to Payee". It does not display the options of "Enter", "Edit", "Delete", or "Skip". I can still get to those options if I use the buttons at the bottom of the Bills page. Anyone have any ideas why this has happened or how to get those options back? - Merg -- Today's problems don't ...

Workflow Rule -> Closing Activity
I set up a Manual Workflow Rule for Contacts to close out Holiday Season cards sent. The rule uses a condition to check for Contacts with cards sent and then Creates an Activity to add to each of the appropriate Contacts for future reference. What else do I need to do to close out all of activites rather than 1 at a time? Here is the workflow rule if that helps: if Contact.holidaycardlist = 1 then Letter: Send Holiday Card endif -- Dan W Systems Engineer Denver, CO ...

Auto-close Quotes when Closing Opportunity
We would like the ability to close an opportunity and have it ask if you want to close all the associated quotes. Right now, it says you can’t close the opp until you close all the open quotes and you have to each one of those one by one. Barring that, if we could select multiple quotes and click on a menu item (Close all selected quotes), that would be most useful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

Data file not closed properly #3
I saw several post regarding this, but none had any answers, so I starting a new post. There is also nothing in the KB about this. Since othe people are having the same problem Microsoft should take a look at it. I get the message "The data file 'Personal Folders" was not closed properly" every time I close Outlook 2003. It runs a quick check/fix and starts up fine. I am running XP pro w/ SP-2. Outlook 2003 w/ SP-1 All patches and updates are current. My notebook was just rebuilt for so I could get a clean slate for the office 2003 install, (reformat drive and new ins...

Outlook2003 open and closed immediatly
I checked event log, nothing. And this happened when I just reboot my machine and first time tried to open Outlook, still same problem. But I found, when I double click anywhere in the Outlook Windows even it only gave me 0.5 second, then it won't close. Andy -------------------------------------------------------------- >>Look in task manager - processes, and see if multiple >>instances are running. If so, end all of them and try >>starting again. I had similar problem w/user, posted >>above. >>>>>-----Original Message----- >>>>>My O...

Outlook Closes After Closing an Email
When I click the 'X' to close an email after reading it, Outlook closes (or tries to close, but I get a warning because I have templates in my Outbox). This only seems to happen when I close a new email. I have Outlook 2003. Thank you. ...

YE Closing Procedures
The year end closing procedures need to be more efficient and user friendly. For example, the payables and receivable management is date sensitive except for amounts since last close, vendor yearly summary etc. These modules should be fully date sensitive and the ability to enter into multiple years without caveats should exist. Year end is stressful enough ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the b...

Permissions / Closing MDB left open
I need to learn how to create - well, I'm not actually sure what I need to learn... Let me explain: I'm a surgical resident. I've been working on an Access MDB as a patient census - for day-to-day management including tables, queries, and forms that print based on room number or service. Everything is setup as needed in the local file. I've been working on the content of the database on and off for a year. Recently, before I can implement my project, I realized I have a very big challenge to overcome related to usage of the file. Now, to complicate my iss...

Closed account not so closed?
Hi All... I have (had) an investment account with E*Trade, which I have since closed. In MS Money 2006, I have it as "Account Is Closed", in the account list. There are a few weird things going on: 1. When I go into the account list, this account appears in gray with $0.00 next to it, but the "To Review" column has "Update in Progress" in it. This account is definately not part of my regular online updates (though when it was active, it was). 2. When I click into this account, 2 securities are listed. Neither one of them has Quantity or Cost Basis,...

when closing outlook favourite files disappear
When I create a favourite file by right clicking it creates ok and appears in the favouites section. After closing and reopening outlook the file disappears from the favourites section Bummer! -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "ceh" <ceh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C6E3908-E47D-4398-B12F-376AC9A7A8F8@microsoft.com... > When I create a favourite file by right clicking it creates ok and appears > in > the favouites sec...

Closing Excel #2
I have inherited an App desigend by an ex employee Sometimes the program leaves Excel in the task manager The programe uses various routines and calling various functions that define Excel sheets etc (badly named) I'm finding it hard to follow (my 1st experince of .NET) is there a way to KILL any Excel instence when exiting the program. I have come across some posts about GC (garbage collection) like this System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWsheet) oXLWsheet = Nothing 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWs) oXLWs = Nothing oBook.Clos...

Messages Close When Outlook Closes
Our company has recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000. 2003 has one very annoying feature that was not present in 2000: When the main Outlook program is closed, any open messages are also closed. 2000 would allow the messages to remain open when Outlook closed. Is this change by design, by oversight or by error? Is there some hidden registry tweak to change this behavior? Heck, even Outlook Express will allow messages to remain open when the program is closed! Jerry Are you using Word as the editor? If so, they might stay open... note that Outlook 2000 didn't allow it - it ...

Inventory Year End Close Should Display Last Close Date
I have run into several clients that have accidentally closed their inventory module twice. I suggest that the Inventory Year End Close window display the 'Last Closed Date' on it so that users can easily see when the inventory module has been closed. This will reduce the number of support calls. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the ...

Multiple workbooks open -- closing workbooks
Dear Clever People, I hope this is not the "silly question of the day". We were wondering (when you have multiple workbooks open and you close one workbook) why are all other workbooks forced to be closed, too? Is it possible to ever close one workbook and leave all the others open? Thank you, Janet Close it by going to file>close or by pressing Ctrl + F4 or by clicking the smaller X below the big red X -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Janet Panighetti" <JanetPanighetti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9BC30B-BE1A-4605-B215-99C07CB1D366...

Bulk Email to Closed Leads
(MS CRM 3.0) I am not sure if I am loosing my mind or if this really isn't possible. I need to send an email to 250 of my closed leads. I created a marketing list of the leads and a quick campaign for the email but all emails failed with an error something about being blocked by the bulk email. I spot checked the lead's preferences and they all allow bulk email. Do I need to reactivate these leads to do this since you can't create an activity for a closed lead? If so, does anyone have any ideas on how to do this easily? what is the issue if you make them active and send...

Closing Opportunity
When you close an Opportunity, you can set the Status "Won" or "Lost." Based on what you select, it populates a drop-down list, Status Reason, right beneath it. How can I add my own options to this drop-down? Keith From Home, go to Settings>System Customization>Opportunities>Customize Form Click on the detail tab, then double click the Status Reason field. Add your own options from the value tab krschacht@hotmail.com (Keith) wrote in message news:<280caed6.0307091545.753caf87@posting.google.com>... > When you close an Opportunity, you can set the St...

DoCmd.Close not closing form
I'm trying to automatically close a popup form (frmSearch), when the user clicks on a control in a continuous subform (frmSearchResults). My DoCmd.close statement appears to be doing nothing as the popup form stays open. Any ideas? Thank you. ### Private Sub Pt_LName_Click() Dim rs As Object Set rs = Forms!frmPatients.Recordset.Clone Forms!frmPatients.SetFocus rs.FindFirst "[PatientID] = " & Me.PatientID If Not rs.EOF Then Forms!frmPatients.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark ' Problem persists even if I delete this line or ' swap the order of thi...

How to close dividend account to retained earning (YE Closing)
At the end of year proceedure, is there a way to have the dividend accounts to close automatically in to retained earning. currently I have to manually do a J.E. If you setup your dividend accounts as P&L accounts instead of BS accounts they will automatically close to Retained Earnings. It won't screw up your financials or anything. The only thing the BS and P&L settings do is determine which accounts close to retained earnings. Leslie "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > At the end of year proceedure, is there a way to have the > dividend ac...

Electricity Bill Sheet
Hi, I posted a similar question 2 days back but seems like i was not clear enough with the question. The following table contains UNITS of electricity and corresponding rates. UNITS RATES 50 2.5 100 3.6 150 4.5 300 5.4 This table shows that for first 50 units consumed, rate will be 2.5 PER UNIT. For next 100 units, rate will be 3.6 per unit. Not 50 to 100, BUT rest 100 above 50. That would total to 150. After that for next 150 units 4.5 per unit. This totals up TOTAL UNITS to 300. For units above 300, rate will be 5.4 per unit. If i enter 425 units in H1, i sho...

freezes while closing !!!
The outlook 2003 freezes while closing. It takesalmost 3 monutes to close. I have tried to disable all the addins and still I have the problem. I also disabled the antivirus and teh firewall for some time and still it froze. Somebody help please !!!! Are you using a pst-file or an Exchange Mailbox? In the case of the first use scanpst.exe to scan it for errors. Does it also happen when you start with a clean profile? You can create an additional one for testing in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting ...