Check Validation Printing

I am using Epson TM-U375 receipt printers at my POS and whenever I try to
tender a check, I get the following error:

Run-time error '5';
Invalid procedure call or argument.

The POS then shuts down and I have to restart it.  I have isolated this
error to the check validation printing function, as the error only occurs if
I turn on validation printing through the check tender types screen.

I have logged this error with Microsoft and Epson, and Microsoft
acknowledges this to be a known issue with the Epson TM-U375, Epson TM-U325,
and Ithaca brand receipt printers.  The only workaround is to turn check
validation printing off (not really an option), or to buy different receipt
printers (expensive and frustrating).   I am hopeful that Microsoft
engineers will correct this bug shortly, as check validation printing is a
fundamental function of the POS.  I will keep this thread updated as I learn
more from Microsoft, but welcome others to post additional relevant
information.

 I also wanted to query the newsgroup to see what receipt printers others
are using to perform check validation printing.  If you are having success
printing endorsements and validation messages on the back of your checks,
please reply with the type of receipt printers you use at your POS.

Thanks,

Paul Arenson
Anderson Plywood Sales
Culver City, CA

0
paul299 (35)
11/22/2004 11:59:30 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Authorizing checks with RMS

Printing single page from multi page document.
I am running Publisher 2007 and have an old 28 page document made in an earlier version. The document is a booklet. Previously I have been able to print "Pages 3 to 3" and a dialogue box would ask if I planned to have it as a separate document or part of the designed document. In which case I would finish up with Page 3 and Page 26 on a single piece of paper. I have failed to find the method to achieve the same outcome in Publisher 2007. I don't doubt that the option is available. How do I find it? Many thanks, Robin Chapple Robin Chapple wrote: > I am running Publisher ...

How do I create Check list

Printing Autofilter Data
How do I print Autofilter data onto one sheet instead of a few lines on say 20 pages? In page Setup, select fit to print and select 1 page wide and 1 page high. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C7DCB67-06B2-429C-99D9-D2B3A40FEF4A@microsoft.com... > How do I print Autofilter data onto one sheet instead of a few lines on say > 20 pages? Thank you! "Tom Ogilvy" wrote: > In page Setup, select fit to print and select 1 page wide and 1 page high. > > -- > Regards, > Tom Ogilvy >...

Printing logo on TM88III to slow
Hi group how can I print a logo in the TM88III printer faster from VB6, Now I'm using a Image control and I send directly the picture property to the Printer control using paintpicture. There is any way to print a logo faster. Thanks, Unfortunately - no. When sending graphics to the Epson printer is uses the Raster driver which essentially sends a bitmap to the printer. As you may know - bitmaps are very large hence the slow printing. When printing receipts and if you want speed it's best to stick with the Line driver and just output the company information formatted ...

Control printing according to list box options
I have two list box's that control the report that is going to print. Text20 is the list box that displays the shed number, and the drop down list varies depending on what sheds are in the table. if a shed number is added or deleted, it is also added or deleted in the list drop down box.The row source is: SELECT DISTINCT [98MatingRecords].[SHED #] FROM 98MatingRecords ORDER BY [98MatingRecords].[SHED #]; The second is Text22, this list box has the sections in it and the sections are controled by the shed number, some sheds have 1 section some have 6 and some have 3 or 4, so the dro...

Issues when validating xml in VS2003
I am trying to validate an xml file and schema and when I am trying to validate I am getting the following error. I have been trying to come out with a solution but I have failed so far. The document validates ok in xmlSpy but it fails in VS2003. Is there any article or fix for this? Thnaks in advance. Error: ====== "The Keyref 'Details' cannot find referred key or unique in scope. An error occurred at file:///C:/test1.xml, (7, 4)..\n" XML file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Renewals> <Renewal> <Headers> <...

Printing Checks

Printing Command
The command print (DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPageSetup) works great. However when the command is executed you can not see the report until after the command is executed. I will like to know how to show the report first then print.... NOTE: The command is executed from a form. -- Jeff Have you tried: DoCmd.OpenReport "YourReportNameGoesHere", acViewPreview If you use "acViewNormal" (the default) instead of "acViewPreview", the report prints without the preview. HTH -- Steve S -------------------------------- "Veni, Vidi, Velcro" (I came; I sa...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

selecting print area via inputbox
I am trying to do something that seems quite simple, yet I can't get it to work. I am using the following code to get the print range from the user. Sometimes it works, and other times nothing happens, depending upon the range that is selected. Any ideas? Sub SelectPrintRange() Dim rRange As Range On Error Resume Next Application.DisplayAlerts = False Set rRange = Application.InputBox(Prompt:= _ "Please use your mouse to select a select a range to be printed.", _ Title:="SPECIFY RANGE", Type:=8) On Error...

'C:\Documents...\SBCMSYNC.DLL' is not a valid Office add-in.
Every time I open Outlook 2000 I get the following message: 'C:\Documents and Settings\...path...\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL' is not a valid Office add-in. It is not listed as an add- in and I cannot find the file anywhere on the computer. It doesn't seem to be affecting anything. I simply click the OK button and carry on. I would like to get rid of the popup as it is very annoying. Any ideas? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=235009 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) O...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

validating against schema with namespaces
I have a very complex XDR schema that uses namespaces: xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data" xmlns:b="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:BizTalkServer" xmlns:d="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" Do I need to build a custom validator in order to validate XML documents against this schema? How does the XML parser know how to validate against the extra namespaces? For example, schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes allows for attributes such as maxLength, minLength, etc. If my XML document contains a value that doesn't meet these criteria, then the document should n...

how do you print a publisher file as a poster and smaller handout.
I am using Publisher 2003. I have a designed a document that is 11 x17. I need the same document as a smaller 8.5 x 11 or 8.5 x 14 document. Do I have to create another document? Or is there a way I can use the 11 x17 document. When I go to FILE - Page Set up - Paper layout. I can change the size of the documentment the only thing that changes is the paper size the design (text boxes and photos) remain the same size. They do not have the same proportions. The ratios are: 11 x 17 = 1:1.545 8� x 11 = 1:1.294 8�x 14 = 1:1.647 The best you can do is convert it to a .pdf file and then ...

Printing Chart
I have an Epson RX680 Photo All-in-One Printer. I can not get a chart to print using the rear paper feeder. Any suggestions? Thanks. ...

tristate check box #2
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. Well, for Win32, you can always SendMessage the button a BM_GETSTATE. I'm sure with MFC there's a function that will permit this; it could be as simple as button_name.GetState(). Well, for the event OnClick for that button, you can get the state of the button and then either run it through some if-...