Check scanning and Check readers

Has any group successfully integrated a check reader or scanner into a MSFT
RMS-POS solution?

Our small business processes alot of checks from contracts and cash from
customers.  So, we need to integrate credit card, debit card, cash, and
checks processing.

I've been wanting to implement RMS but have been unsuccessful in locating
info on any check readers and compatibility with RMS.

Anyone with a solution to reading, scanning, and electronically verifying
checks at the POS?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Rms only supports check verification using PC Charge.  Also, RMS only
supports MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) verification.  If you are
trying to use a check scanner that does electronic funds transfer from a
check image, you will either need to use an external terminal or look to an
add-in.  I believe that TPI's payment processing add-in supports checks, but
I'm not sure what services are supported.
http://www.tpisoft.com/products/servicemanager/rms.aspx

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"IPnewdevdude" <IPnewdevdude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has any group successfully integrated a check reader or scanner into a
> MSFT
> RMS-POS solution?
>
> Our small business processes alot of checks from contracts and cash from
> customers.  So, we need to integrate credit card, debit card, cash, and
> checks processing.
>
> I've been wanting to implement RMS but have been unsuccessful in locating
> info on any check readers and compatibility with RMS.
>
> Anyone with a solution to reading, scanning, and electronically verifying
> checks at the POS?

0
glenn9672 (1266)

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Authorizing checks with RMS

How do I create Check list

Printing Checks

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

tristate check box #2
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. Well, for Win32, you can always SendMessage the button a BM_GETSTATE. I'm sure with MFC there's a function that will permit this; it could be as simple as button_name.GetState(). Well, for the event OnClick for that button, you can get the state of the button and then either run it through some if-...

Check scanning and Check readers
Has any group successfully integrated a check reader or scanner into a MSFT RMS-POS solution? Our small business processes alot of checks from contracts and cash from customers. So, we need to integrate credit card, debit card, cash, and checks processing. I've been wanting to implement RMS but have been unsuccessful in locating info on any check readers and compatibility with RMS. Anyone with a solution to reading, scanning, and electronically verifying checks at the POS? Rms only supports check verification using PC Charge. Also, RMS only supports MICR (Magnetic Ink Character...

Check Void in Error
Our beloved cash admin voided SEVERAL checks in error. Is there a way to un-void them? They were historical checks, ie. not in the current period. Our bank isn't effected, but our ledger is. I'm pretty adept at Sql, what tables would I need to hit if I have to manually do this?? Thanks! ...

How to check settings for Outlook 97
My Outlook is not working. The error message states, "Mapisp32 has caused an error in MINET32.DLL. Mapisp32 will now close." Secondly, whenever I attempt to check for "new mail" I get another error message, "messaging interface has returned to an error." Any help would be greatly appreciated. First thing to try would be to create a fresh profile here: Control Panel > Mail applet. Also, have you ever installed the Internet Mail Enhancement Patch for OL97? "Alex O. Stone" <aistone@comcast.net> wrote in message news:005501c368bf$eaa638...

Check box change colour once checked
Hi can anyone please help me? I've created a check box in my form which shows what information is valid and what's not, if it's checked then it's not valid and if it's not checked then it's valid....I would like the one's that are checked to show all the information in a different colour not the check box label but rest of the information For example: In a form which shows the category and skills and then the sub form shows list of volunteers (Name and contact details) who may still do voluntary work or not. there is a check box on the sub form next to each volun...

Check all check boxes in a continuous form
Hello Everyone, I need help checking all check boxes in a continuous form. This form has filtered data from its table. I want to be able to set all check boxes within the form to TRUE but only for the records reflected on the form, not the whole table. Please help!!! Danny Danny Records (rows of data) in Access are stored in tables, not forms. If you are saying you need to update all the rows in a table (by checking one/more checkboxes), use an update query. CAUTION: save a backup copy before performing the update! Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Danny Moral...

Sync Services check boxes won't stay checked
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Several computers in the office, running either 10.5.8 or 10.6.3, MS Office 2008, using Entourage sync services to sync with iCal. <br><br>Frequently, for no apparent reason, the top 2 sync services boxes come unchecked. Although we have on occasion run Onyx (like Cocktail), these events happen even when we haven't run Onyx in days or weeks. Sometimes it happens right after setting them, sometimes it works okay for a few hours or a day or two, but on these three computers, ev...

checking names not checking
When setting up an appointment in Outlook 2000, in the "Attendee Availability", it is usually possible to type the first part of a name and press enter to have that name completed and the calendar displayed for that person. I have one user that has lost this capability. The only setting I have found is "Automatic Name checking" in Email options(Advanced Options). But that is checked. Something in his profile is set to disable this feature but I can't find it. -mjm did you disable, apply, and reenable the setting you found? Does Ctrl+K force it to resolve? ...

Protecting Sheet- Speel check?
Is there a way to have a sheet protected and still allow users to use spell check on unprotected cells. THanks for any help!!! Chance Try this form: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=O4wpEVUdCHA.1656%40tkmsftngp11 Sub test() 'spell check only unprotected cells Dim rng As Range Dim cell As Range Sheet1.Unprotect For Each cell In Sheet1.UsedRange If Not cell.Locked Then If rng Is Nothing Then Set rng = cell Else Set rng = Union(rng, cell) End If End If Next cell rng.CheckSpelling Sheet1.Protect End Sub -- Paul B Always ...

Checking delegate access from server
Does anyone know of a way to check which users have granted delegate access from the server side? We often have questions from users who send a meeting request to a group of users and get a response from someone not in that group who obviously has delegate access to an invitee's calendar. I'd really like to have a quick way of checking delegate access rather than asking each invitee or accessing their mailbox. Thanks, Michael sometimes delegates will appear in the list in the "delivery options" properties...but they do not always show up there... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] ...

How to suppress zero value check checks and remittance
Any one knows how to avoid printing the zero value remitances during the checks run in PM. GP7.5 Thanks in Advance. ...

SPELL CHECK
I am unable to use spell check in outlook express....get the message...."an error occurred while the spelling was checked".... any help would be appreciated..thnx...sam If you are on exchange try and remove your profile folder from both the server and the client machine. Had the same problem last week. >-----Original Message----- >I am unable to use spell check in outlook express....get >the message...."an error occurred while the spelling was >checked".... > >any help would be appreciated..thnx...sam >. > Owen <ohein@sasktel.net> wro...