Check Number on Receipts

How can I print the check number on my receipts when I tender a check at the
POS?

I know that the check number gets stored in the TenderEntry table in the
SerialNumber column.  I tried adding the following lines to my receipt
template, but it didn't work.

<IF>
<CONDITION> Len(TenderEntry.SerialNumber) </CONDITION>
<THEN>
<ROW> "Check #:|" TenderEntry.SerialNumber</ROW>
</THEN>
</IF>

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul Arenson
Anderson Plywood Sales
Culver City, CA
(310)313-1599

0
paul299 (35)
1/5/2005 2:50:43 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The identifiers available in the receipt language are not the same as the
Table.Column convention (some of them match, but that's just a coincidence).
In the receipt Language, the available TenderEntry fields are known as
Tender.*, but SerialNumber is not available.

The closest thing I could find was Tender.AccountNumber or
Tender.AccountNumberMasked, which I believe is going to show the checking
account number rather than the check number.  You might also try
Tender.VoucherNumber, but I'm pretty sure that's going to come back empty
for anything except a voucher tender type.

You could get around this by setting one of the Session.VariableX values and
displaying that, but setting those variables isn't exactly a trivial
exercise - you need an add-in to do it...
--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Paul Arenson" <paul@andersonplywood.com> wrote in message
> How can I print the check number on my receipts when I tender a check at
> the POS?
>
> I know that the check number gets stored in the TenderEntry table in the
> SerialNumber column.  I tried adding the following lines to my receipt
> template, but it didn't work.
>
> <IF>
> <CONDITION> Len(TenderEntry.SerialNumber) </CONDITION>
> <THEN>
> <ROW> "Check #:|" TenderEntry.SerialNumber</ROW>
> </THEN>
> </IF>
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul Arenson
> Anderson Plywood Sales
> Culver City, CA
> (310)313-1599

0
glenn1806 (721)
1/6/2005 3:47:08 AM
have you tried Tender.SerialNumber

"Paul Arenson" <paul@andersonplywood.com> wrote in message
> How can I print the check number on my receipts when I tender a check at
the
> POS?
>
> I know that the check number gets stored in the TenderEntry table in the
> SerialNumber column.  I tried adding the following lines to my receipt
> template, but it didn't work.
>
> <IF>
> <CONDITION> Len(TenderEntry.SerialNumber) </CONDITION>
> <THEN>
> <ROW> "Check #:|" TenderEntry.SerialNumber</ROW>
> </THEN>
> </IF>
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul Arenson
> Anderson Plywood Sales
> Culver City, CA
> (310)313-1599

0
anonymous (74718)

How do I set number formats that will be applied only if a number.
Hi you may post your question as body of your message :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jim Gentile" <JimGentile@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2678B459-1954-4258-A570-155E25F18F52@microsoft.com... > ...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

How can i change value of number to zero, when i have
How can i change value of number to zero, when i have 00000.000 "" formula rezult? For example A1=00000.000 "E" A2=00000.000 "E" The SUM value of A1 and A2 is 00000.000 "", but I need that rezult would display like 0 "" if there is no whole numbers in A1 and A2. Thanks for helping :) Have you tried using the format cell option. r-click -> Format Cells -> Number tab -> select Number in the window and you can specify the decimal places, and there are custom options as well. I'm not a guru, but if it works, i...

Authorizing checks with RMS

How do I create Check list

Summation of 3 biggest numbers... #2
hi all, is there any quick method to add up 3 biggest numbers in a se of number? e.g. I have the following data in a row: 100 20 90 30 And I want to add up 3 biggest numbers, i.e. 100 + 90 + 30 = 220 Thanks -- lau000 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lau0001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3332 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53144 thanks all, I have solved the problem by "large" function.:) -- lau0001 -----------------------------------------------------...

Printing Checks

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Itemized Receipt
Hi, how do we create and print an "itemized receipt" for a customer who calls back few days later about a previous purchase and requests this information? Thanks, Zorian Zorian, The journal viewer will allow you to view and print past receipts, given that the journal printer was set up. Matt "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6F2441C-0FE4-4243-AAE7-0C05A747DC82@microsoft.com... > Hi, > how do we create and print an "itemized receipt" for a customer who calls > back few days later about a previous purchase and r...

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Document numbering in Excel
Please help! I need to know how to put in a formula for the follwing. I created delivery notes on Excel. In the one cell I need to put a formula in order to bring up a new page number for every new delivery note I do. This I must do the same for collection notes and invoices. I need this really urgently. Thank you so much. -- Rykie Botha Hi, look into McGimpsey web http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html if this helps please click yes thanks "Rykie" wrote: > Please help! I need to know how to put in a formula for the follwing. ...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

in excel why do numbers entered get divided by 100?
Excel was working fine last time I used it, but now if I type in for instance 5000, it puts 50 in the cell and on the formula bar, and calculates etc. as 50. I have tried changing formatting, but this doesn't make any differnce In Excel, click on Tools | Options | Edit | uncheck the "Fixed decimal places" box | OK. "roger bemused" wrote: > Excel was working fine last time I used it, but now if I type in for instance > 5000, it puts 50 in the cell and on the formula bar, and calculates etc. as > 50. I have tried changing formatting, but this doesn't...

tristate check box #2
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. Well, for Win32, you can always SendMessage the button a BM_GETSTATE. I'm sure with MFC there's a function that will permit this; it could be as simple as button_name.GetState(). Well, for the event OnClick for that button, you can get the state of the button and then either run it through some if-...

Check scanning and Check readers
Has any group successfully integrated a check reader or scanner into a MSFT RMS-POS solution? Our small business processes alot of checks from contracts and cash from customers. So, we need to integrate credit card, debit card, cash, and checks processing. I've been wanting to implement RMS but have been unsuccessful in locating info on any check readers and compatibility with RMS. Anyone with a solution to reading, scanning, and electronically verifying checks at the POS? Rms only supports check verification using PC Charge. Also, RMS only supports MICR (Magnetic Ink Character...

plotting location of a number within a range
Hi, I'm trying to create a chart showing where a number falls within a range. For example, given the following: Number Min Median Max 110 90 105 120 What I would like to do is plot a bar something like this: |============||=*==========| 90 105 120 there the * on this chart indicates the "Number" field. I have tried a variety of things without success. All suggestions welcome. Thanks. Steve Steve, you can probably achieve what you are trying to do by plotting the numbers as points with no lines joining t...

Check Void in Error
Our beloved cash admin voided SEVERAL checks in error. Is there a way to un-void them? They were historical checks, ie. not in the current period. Our bank isn't effected, but our ledger is. I'm pretty adept at Sql, what tables would I need to hit if I have to manually do this?? Thanks! ...

How to check settings for Outlook 97
My Outlook is not working. The error message states, "Mapisp32 has caused an error in MINET32.DLL. Mapisp32 will now close." Secondly, whenever I attempt to check for "new mail" I get another error message, "messaging interface has returned to an error." Any help would be greatly appreciated. First thing to try would be to create a fresh profile here: Control Panel > Mail applet. Also, have you ever installed the Internet Mail Enhancement Patch for OL97? "Alex O. Stone" <aistone@comcast.net> wrote in message news:005501c368bf$eaa638...

Check box change colour once checked
Hi can anyone please help me? I've created a check box in my form which shows what information is valid and what's not, if it's checked then it's not valid and if it's not checked then it's valid....I would like the one's that are checked to show all the information in a different colour not the check box label but rest of the information For example: In a form which shows the category and skills and then the sub form shows list of volunteers (Name and contact details) who may still do voluntary work or not. there is a check box on the sub form next to each volun...