Changing Item Prices

Hey Guys,

If you use the "Inventory Wizard" to Change item prices, say for a Given
Department for 10% off.....how do you cancel this if you find you wish to
stop the sale early due to it being toooo popular?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Well, run the wizard again to adjust the prices back up.  Or have I over
simplified your question?

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Michael Thomas wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> If you use the "Inventory Wizard" to Change item prices, say for a Given
> Department for 10% off.....how do you cancel this if you find you wish to
> stop the sale early due to it being toooo popular?
0
glenn9672 (1267)
7/5/2006 9:38:52 PM
This doesn't update the prices....you select the USE RETAIL SELLING
PRICE....CLICK UPDATE, AND THEN IF YOU GO INTO POS THE ITEMS ARE STILL ON
SALE!

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Well, run the wizard again to adjust the prices back up.  Or have I over
> simplified your question?
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Michael Thomas wrote:
> > Hey Guys,
> >
> > If you use the "Inventory Wizard" to Change item prices, say for a Given
> > Department for 10% off.....how do you cancel this if you find you wish to
> > stop the sale early due to it being toooo popular?

Michael,

Change the ending sale date to yesterday.

--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

"Michael Thomas" <MichaelThomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hey Guys,

If you use the "Inventory Wizard" to Change item prices, say for a Given
Department for 10% off.....how do you cancel this if you find you wish to
stop the sale early due to it being toooo popular?

0
spam3944 (2163)

Item Decimal Places Change
Hello, We recently found an issue with GP 7.5 Inventory. We were able to change an item set to 2 decimal places to 5. This condition will not allow a sale on this part until the Decimal place (IV00101 and IV00105 DECPLCUR) is changed back to 2 decimals. The fix requires the running of check links on the Inventory tables. I have detailed the steps that caused this issue below: 1. Open Item Maintenance 2. Enter Part Number 3. Click Lookup icon 4. In the Item screen, highlight the desired item number 5. Click Open 6. In Item Inquiry Screen click Item Number link 7. Click Item Maintenance...

Word Document Format (line spacing, etc.) changes on its own.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have adjusted a document (resume) in order to fit on one page. When I send it to someone via email as an attachment, the format(spacing) changes so that it is on two pages. They may have another version of Word (PC rather than a Mac). How do I make sure the spacing stays the same? Believe it or not what version of Word is the least likely to be the cause of the problem. The more likely issues are; How you "adjusted" the document, What fonts you've used relative to what the other user has, and The differe...

How to update sent items on IMAP Folder on server using Outlook 2003 ?
How to update sent items on IMAP Folder on server using Outlook 2003 ? My Inbox is updating but my sent items on IMAP Server are not updating, any idea please ? My Root Folder Path in IMAP E-Mail Settings is Blank. Best Regards, Luqman ...

Changing the font of numerous dialog items
Short of creating variables or using GetDlgItem repeatedly, is it possible to iterate through the child windows of any dialog, identify which are buttons or checkboxes, and apply SetFont() to them? The font will be owned by the CDialog/CPropertyPage. "jSmith" <js@aol.com> wrote in message news:#jVPo6iOGHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Short of creating variables or using GetDlgItem repeatedly, is it > possible to iterate through the child windows of any dialog, identify > which are buttons or checkboxes, and apply SetFont() to them? > > The font will be owne...

function defaults change in Pivot Table..why?
I was recently working in my pivot table and had something happened that doesn't make a lot of sense to me so I'm asking for some assistance. Usually, when I drag a field on to my Pivot Table in the DATA section it defaults to the sum function with a number field. It also defaults to a count function when I drag a field that has text in it. Recently, I got a pivot table that default a number field to the count function. Can anyone explain why the default has changed on this particular Pivot Table? Any asistance would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks! Tim If there's a blank ...

How can I change the font of a CEdit?
Hi everyonee, I have a CEdit control in my dialog which I want to change its font to "Courier New" with a height of 9. I have been trying without success. Here's how I'm trying: In my OnInitDialog(): LOGFONT lf; CFont font; m_edtCtrl.GetFont()->GetLogFont(&lf); lf.lfWeight = 9; lf.lfFaceName = "Courier New"; font.CreateFontIndirect(&lf); m_edtCtrl.SetFont(&font); Please tell me what is that I'm doing wrong? By the way what other font name than "Courier New" has a fixed width characters? Thank you, Geo "Geo" &...

email status changed to "read".
First some facts... 1. Dell Inspiron 8600; only three weeks old. 2. Alps touchpad is super sensitive (Dell replaced it after just one week). As an example of its sensitivity, assume there are five applications open (all screens at Max setting). While not even touching the pad, it will close out the application if the cursor happens to be setting on the "X". It will continue to close each remaining one until just the desktop is showing. 3. I want to disable the tapping and Dell cannot tell me how to do that. What I hope to find out in this newsgroup is, "In Outlook2003, if...

Change text in textbox in chart in Excel 2007
After I changed from Excell 2003 to Excel 2007, the following VBA code, which changed the date in a textbox in a chart, no longer worked: Sheets("All Styles").Select ActiveChart.Shapes("Text Box 1026").Select Selection.Characters.Text = Range("Date").Value The macro recorder doesn't record anything when I try to use it to get some code. Any ideas for fixing this? Excel 2007 Shape Text Sub Textbox() Dim d As Date With Sheets("Summary") d = .Range("DDate") With .ChartObjects(1).Chart.Shapes(1).TextEffect ...

Item Quantity List Problem
I want to use the Item Quantity List to show me all items for a certain department where the Qty to Order > 0. I use the standard report for all active items of a certain department. Without filtering on the Qty to Order field I see all my items and what the qty to order value is. However when filtering on this field that I only want to display the items with a qty > 0 the report does not show any items anymore just the headings. I realize that the qty to order field is a calculated field but would have expected that sql can do filtering on this field as well. Plus I can choose the fi...

Deleted Items of multiple accounts (Outlook 2003)
Assuming I have account A as major mailbox and account B as additional. Back in Outlook 2000, when browsing emails of account B and delete emails, they go into the [Deleted Items] folder of account A, no problem in that, I can still drag-n-drop the mails directly into the [Deleted Items] of account B and does not interferce account A at all. However in Outlook 2003, even when I drag the messages directly into [Deleted Items] folder of account B, they still ended up in that of account A. Any work around that we could resolve this? ...

Calculating best mobile phone price plan
My mobile operator lets me download a CSV file containing eac call/SMS/data I made in the phone bill. I want to evaluate what m phone costs will be if I chose a different price plan. The spreadshee looks like: | Type | Date | Time | Number | Duration | Cost | Now I want to add extra cost columns each representing a differen price plan. So it would look up the date/time to decide if it's peak/offpeak/weekend tariff, extract the price from another tarif table. So at the bottom you can have the total monthly cost of each price pla and decide which plan is the cheapest. For now I can only...

How change maximal value in excel for filter (1000) ?
Hi Poul See http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Poul" <Poul @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:936F61B4-FB99-4754-A40B-B0A2F51D9D08@microsoft.com... > ...

Change Cell color with macro
hello all, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this. I want to be able to change the background and font color of any cell where text is equal to a specific text. I do not know if I have the right syntax, but here goes If text = "Fail" then Range("A1:J19").Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 3 .Pattern = xlSolid End With Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 2 Selection.Font.Bold = True Else If text = "Pass" Then Range("A1:J19").Select Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = 5 Selecti...

preventing a workbook being changed? (not as simple as it sounds!)
i am trying to prevent anyone being able to make changes to a workboo and something strange is happening. Ive put a password on the workbook by going to tools/options/securit and adding a "password to modify". now in theory this should prevent anyone ever being able to change m workbook without knowing that password. however ive had the workbook put onto the intranet, clicking the lin to it opens it in IE. if i make some changes in the workbook and the click the back button in IE, i get prompted to save the workbook due t changes. I can then click save and save the workbook to m...

Change Single Sign On account
I have MOSS 2007 SP2. Everything is working OK. 3rd party backups are failing on the SSO part. I have been informed by the off-site backup people that I need to change the SSO service account to be the same as the backup service account. My question: What are the rammifications of this? I do not want to blow anything up...... Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_AA8BC052 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Please refer the below article this will give you some idea about the SSO backup: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512096.aspx ------=_Next...

Changing beginning balances
When we closed out the 2006 P&L balances to retained earnings, we noticed we had a couple expense accounts that did not close out. We found that these accounts had a posting type of "Balance Sheet" instead of "Profit and Loss" in the account maintenance. We have since changed their settings. Now we are looking for a way to change the beginning balances of 2007 to reflect these expense accounts being closed out to retained earnings. Has anyone had this happen to them? Thanks! Yes this happens more than occasionally. I win bets with my clients every year when I make...

How to execute a dynamically added or changed module
I can write code to add a module to or change a module in the current project. Once this is done, how can I programmatically cause a recompile so that I can execute the new code without manual intervention? (I would like to read column headers and, depending on each header, create a variable I would use to reference that column. Then, even if columns were added or moved since the programmer wrote the code, the code would not have to change.) Thanks for any help. On 04/03/2010 19:58, NoSpam@aol.com wrote: > I can write code to add a module to or change a module in the current...

Changing a Withdrawal to a Transfer
My wife entered a number of payments on credit cards (from checking) as Withdrawals instead of Transfers. Is there a way to "convert" an entry from a Withdrawal to a Transfer? If I delete the Withdrawal, I will lose the status of the electronic payment to the bank. Or is my only option to enter an offsetting entry for each payment in the credit card account? Thank you Yes! Try changing the category to "transfer". The sub-category will be the account for the other end of the transfer. -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?...

Format changes
When I send Emails to clients with a spreadsheet attached the files are changed from .xls to .dat. Why does this happen? If MS Outlook is your email client............... Most likely because you are sending in "Rich Text Format" Change to "Plain Text" and the problem will(should) go away. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:51:02 -0800, "kym_596" <kym_596@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I send Emails to clients with a spreadsheet attached the files are >changed from .xls to .dat. Why does this happen? ...

rules change after closing rules wizard
I have recently installed Outlook 2002 (upgrading from Outlook 2000) and imported my OE mail and address book. My OE message rules did not import, although the dialog box message said that they did. When I create the rules again with the Rules Wizard to have messages from a specified account move to the same named folder, some of them look fine when I click "OK" and then, when I reopen the Rules Wizard, I find that the account name has changed to another account (always the same one). I have installed all the updates I can find, closed and opened the program several time...

Importing Items using the QSImport Utility
I am trying to import an excel file with my items on it and every time i export it to csv format it recodes the 12 digit UPC code to Scientific notation no matter what i do. I read through some of the recent responsed to other postings but all i can find is the AutoFit option and that doesnt work. So any help would be greatly appreciated. In your file format upc as custom and in the box put 12 zeros works every time. "ILMARcorp" <ILMARcorp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F55979E-0A2D-4CC1-8ED9-761C55708B26@microsoft.com... >I am trying to import an...

Changing default browser
Hello, I'm wondering how to change the default browser so when I click on hyperlinks in Word, Excel, and OneNote they automatically open in Firefox. Is there a way to do this? Currently they all open in IE, which I have on my computer but don't prefer to use. Thanks very much! This would be a question for a Firefox forum, as Office settings have nothing to do with the default browser. However, since I have Firefox.... On the menu, choose: Tools Options Advanced Check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup" Also click "...

WATCH OUT--Change you email address to avoid MASS spamming from newsgroup
I posted a message the other day and unfortunately used my real email address, without adding NOSPAM to the address and I have since gotten about 12 or more of the SWEN worm emails, the supposed Microsoft Security patch worm. Thankfully I have Norton AntiVirus which detects it. Now I know to WATCH OUT. Be careful! Joan Hi, You may be interested to know that your correct address still shows in your message header. The "reply-to" address has "NOSPAM" in it. The "from" address does not. -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled "Joan Apt" <joanap...

Dynamically setting the Sent Items folder
What I'm trying to accomplish is adding an additional field to the new mail form where a user will enter a project number. That field should be used to programatically do one of the following: - set which IMAP folder the sent message should be stored (eg Shared Folders/Projects/12345A) - post a copy of the message to an IMAP folder (eg Shared Folders/Projects/12345A) Creating the custom form was easy. What I'm not sure how to save the outgoing message to an IMAP folder. Some google searching of the newsgroups led me to this: Try setting Item.SaveSentMessageFolder to the desired M...

Store Operation 2.0 In Item Property showing On Order 6 or so.Need
I my Store Operation 2.0 database in am showing some #s in on order. I alreddy all PO closed and I don't have any any back order and its still showing On Order Quantity (Different #s for different items) How do I make this On Order Quantity Zero "0" I am looking for SQL query Update Items Set OnOrder = 0 some thing like that but I dont know the Database field name for Onorder Please help me. ...