Cash Drawer locked by another application

Hi everyone,

I have a MMF cash drawer connected to an Epson TM-T88IV running on RMS 2.0.
I've configured the OPOS for both the cash drawer and the receipt printer.
Receipt printer works fine, but I can't open the cash drawer.  I'm getting
error 913: application is locked by another application.

Could someone shed some light on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you.
0
MB (51)
9/18/2007 6:16:04 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We've had similar experience ... try powering off everything (PC included)
and powering back on. This should kill the application that has locked the
drawer.

"MB" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a MMF cash drawer connected to an Epson TM-T88IV running on RMS 2.0.
> I've configured the OPOS for both the cash drawer and the receipt printer.
> Receipt printer works fine, but I can't open the cash drawer.  I'm getting
> error 913: application is locked by another application.
>
> Could someone shed some light on how to resolve this issue?
>
> Thank you.
0
Luminox (155)
9/18/2007 10:34:02 PM
Thank you for your response, but I've tried that.  Also tried swapping out
the cable.  I also deleted the OPOS entry and created a new one, still locked.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

"Luminox" wrote:

> We've had similar experience ... try powering off everything (PC included)
> and powering back on. This should kill the application that has locked the
> drawer.
>
> "MB" wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have a MMF cash drawer connected to an Epson TM-T88IV running on RMS 2.0.
> > I've configured the OPOS for both the cash drawer and the receipt printer.
> > Receipt printer works fine, but I can't open the cash drawer.  I'm getting
> > error 913: application is locked by another application.
> >
> > Could someone shed some light on how to resolve this issue?
> >
> > Thank you.
0
MB (51)

Security lock #2
Running Office 2004 on mac os X Tiger. Initially used the same disk to load office 2004 on my and my wife's computer. Discovered the error and reloaded separate disk on my mac. Recently had to reinstall Tiger from the system disk. I had to create new users, etc after the install, although the old ones are backed up. Now Office will not let both of us run on the same wireless network. I have the original user and system files backed up from the previous system installation. Is there a file I can move from the backup of the previous system so Office knows this is a legal install? (I ...

Too much cash warning
I have a customer that wants to be warned that the drawer has reached X amount of dollars and a cash drop is needed before they can proceed with sales. Example: Max Cash Limit: $1000 Opening Amount: $200 When sales reach $800 a mandatory cash drop is necessary before they can continue. Is this possible to do without an add-on? Is there a work around or at least a notification of some sort? We have "Drop Notification" as part of the RR Store Utility. If you wish to try this or know more about it please contact me. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm =...

Datagrid Cell Locked
Hi: I have developed an app that has sevearl data grids on different forms. They all were working. One grid has several columns with most locked and the operator can only change the data in one column. (that one column is not "locked"). The form has worked for weeks, but now (I don't know why), the operator cannot enter the cell...it is as if the cell is locked. I have gone to the grid (in the developement environment) and insured that the column is not locked. I have also added a line of programming to the refresh action: "me.grddaily.columns(5).locke...

Cash flow problem 2005
I am trying to use the cash flow tool. When I try to use it I am told to create at least one checking, savings or cash account before you go to cash flow forecast. I already have two checking acounts. Any thoughts... Try searching the group "microsoft.public.money" at http://groups.google.com This has come up before. I can't recall the solution(s) or excuse(s). "maj" <maj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DF88AB4-6168-4B26-A651-78A60F7BD906@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use the cash flow tool. When I try to use it I am told to > c...

Pulling Specific info to transfer to another worksheet
Hello all - I am trying to do something, and not sure that it can b done.. I have a workbook with two worksheets. Sheet 1 has database info in colums, First, Last & Company. Sheet 2 has different database info i 4 columns. First, Last Company & Email. Here's what I want to do. If the first, last & company are identical in both worksheets, then want the email address from sheet 2 to go to the appropriate cell i sheet 1. Am i asking too much??? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming you're using Columns A, B, &C, o...

Problem after "copy and paste" the mdb from one computer to anothe
I have encountered a problem when I transferred the "mdb file, 02-03 version" from computer A (my computer using MS office 07) to computer B (company computer using office 03). I have developed some "Forms with sub-froms", with "Pull down button" linked with "Query" using computer A After I copy and paste the mdb file to computer B, when I re-open the mdb file, those "pull down button" showed "blank value", that is previously won't happen when opened with computer A. Is there any expert encountered this before,...

Can I lock the OE6 UI?
Is it possible to lock the Outlook Express UI? I am supporting a novice/elderly user who is using OE6 on WinXP SP3. This user has a habit of accidentally closing toolbars or the folder view from time to time causing considerable confusion and a support call. To prevent this problem, I would like to lock-down OE6 somehow so that once the UI (toolbars, views, menu, etc.) is arranged nicely, it cannot be changed without administrator permission. Or failing that, can I create a default UI view for OE6 that can be easily restored (i.e. "click here") when things start looking ...

Copying existing sheets to another Workbook
I need help copying an existing sheet along with the links on that sheet to another workbook. I have two workbooks, say Workbook1 and Workbook2. They are the same exact workbooks with the same worksheets in them, the same layout. Only the data is different. In workbook 1 I have inserted a sheet that summarizes the data from the other sheets in that workbook. Now I want to copy that sheet to Workbook2 so that I don't have to make a summary page for Workbook2. The problem is that the sheet has links in it and when I copy and/or move the sheet to the new workbook those links are still ...

How do you change OWA to another server?
OWA is working on the exchange server through the website on the Exchange server. First, is it a good thing to have the Web Server for OWA on a different server from the Exchange server? And if so, how do you change it...? charlie On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:20:38 -0500, "charles kuchar" <charliekuchar@news.postalias> wrote: >OWA is working on the exchange server through the website on the Exchange >server. First, is it a good thing to have the Web Server for OWA on a >different server from the Exchange server? And if so, how do you change >it...? charlie ...

cash sales off on a register
this is weird, but the cash sales are off on one of our register z reports. that is, the number on the Cash line on the Z-report is a few hundred dollars less at the end of the day than the number in either a daily sales or tender summary report. I know that it is register #1 cash sales because our other 2 registers' cash and credit sales, and credit on register #1 match exactly with what is reported in manager. Only the cash line on the Z-report of one register is off. Does anybody know what is going on? thanks, kamal I sounds like you may have had some sales done after the Z-report w...

Loan cash to a friend with interest
Hi, is there an account to register some cash I lend to friend, but he is making payments only for the interest not for the principal? He will pay the principal someday, but right now he is paying me interest. Becuase with money I can only track loan with interest but for credits I received, not for credits I am giving. Thanks You don't say what version/edition/mode of Money you are using. Money (except Essentials (MEss)) can create a Loan Account when you are lending money--it's the first or second question the account setup genie asks. But in this case that's still probabl...

Outlook 2002 causing Domain account lock issues
We are having a issue at our company with sites that have been migrated to Outlook 2002 - users logon to a workstation with Generic Logon Account - then access their own email profile. The main issue is when the user enters the login credential through the Outlook client. Outlook then passes the information on to the domain controlling authentication. If the credentials are incorrect, it appears that Outlook resends the credentials multiple times thereby causing the Corporate Login account to lock out the individual user - too many bad password attempts. We have some users that h...

Cash receipt remains open for the invoice document with history status
There is a cash receipt that is still remain open for the invoice document has previously applied, and this invoice document status has changed to History (because of this status the cash receipt cannot be applied to this invoice. I have done the Reconcile and CheckLinks GP > Tools > Utilities > Sales > Reconcile Current Customer Information Outstanding Document Amounts for the particular customer ID. GP > Maintenance > CheckLinks > Sales Receivable Transaction History Files Receivable Batch History Receivable Open Transaction File Receivable S...

How to save 'Forecast your cash flow' results
Hi, The way I can create various reports with different settings and save them in favourites so that I can use that setting in future, how can I save 'Forecast your cash flow' settings to use in future? Basically I do check my cash forecast by using different accoutns and categories. If I want to save that setting, who can I save that? @shish No way. Sad, but there it is. "@shish daga" <shishdaga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53E0F4C-878A-4EE7-924F-F43ED6B6F54A@microsoft.com... > The way I can create various reports with different setting...

Cannot copy the merge cells into another sheet
hi I m a new user of excel. Recently i have working on excel.When this problem occurs. My problem is that I have a data in one sheet. Which has cities wise data.And some cells are merge. I have to copy the one city (NEW DELHI) data into another sheet. I make the autofilter in the sheet and find the city i:e NEW DELHI Now the problem started with me is that when i copy the filter data an ERROR MESSAGE DISPLAY:- CANNOT CHANGE THE PART OF A MERGE CELL. Is it possible to copy and then paste into another sheet this type of data.Without unmerge the cell. Because it is not possible to me first...

Stop Excel from locking files/directories you AREN'T working on?
That's it. It is really a time waster to have to close all Office windows whenever I need to perform a file function (move, rename, delete) on a file/directory that isn't open in excel. Is there a fix for this? Thanks! You do not have Excel running? But have some other Office application running? You attempt through Windows Explorer to select an Excel file to rename, copy or move it? Or ANY file cannot be renamed, copied or moved? How about a *.jpg file or similar? You are unable to complete the operation because you get a message that the file is in u...

View calender for another user
Is it possible to view another persons calender in the same view as my own? I don�t want another open window - I want to display it in the same window. Johan which version of outlook? On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:02:28 +0200, "Johan Almblad" <johan.almblad@dagen.com> wrote: >Is it possible to view another persons calender in the same view as my own? >I don�t want another open window - I want to display it in the same window. > >Johan > ...

formula for cash on cash payback
how do you create a formula for cash on cash payback in months? I think you will need to describe what you mean. Are you talking about "return on investment"? kpc help wrote: > how do you create a formula for cash on cash payback in months? ...

Julian Date Question (Another)
Thought I had a handle on it, but guess not. This is my code. Me.JulianExpirationDate = Format(DateAdd("yyyy", 5, Now()), "dd/mm/yyyy") ? me.JulianExpirationDate 08/02/2015 Me.JulianExpirationDate = Format(Me.JulianExpirationDate, "yy") & Format(DatePart("y", Me.JulianExpirationDate), "000") ? me.JulianExpirationDate 15214 Shouldn't it be "15039"? What is wrong? Am I missing the whole idea of Julian date. I realize there are many different methods to Julian date calculation, some of which include time...

Money Cash Flow Button quit working!!
All was going fine, then, without any cause I can tell, I quit getting a Cash Flow for one of my accounts. I went to the Cash Flow report, and it was $0.00 forever on that one as well. I closed, rebooted, and went back into MS Money 2002. There still was no Cash Flow generating for that 1 account, but then the Cash Flow button on the toolbar quit working. Please help! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.pgp?q=67. "Christopher" <cadams35@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message news:186601c426df$f6d5dd70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > All was going fine, then, without any cause I can t...

.NET-BroadcastEventWindow.1.0.5000.0.2f: EXCEL.EXE
My Windows 2000 system suddenly started giving this error message whenever I log in. I do not launch Excel before getting this error: ..NET-BroadcastEventWindow.1.0.5000.0.2f: EXCEL.EXE - Application Error The instruction at "0x308f3c7c" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program Click CANCEL to debug the program [OK] [Cancel] Why am I getting this error, and how can I fix it? I noticed that after I click OK, Task Manager shows one or two copies of EXCEL.EXE still running. But I did not (knowingly) ...

Excel file locked
When some Windows XP user open an excel file in the share directory (running Windows 2000 server, no Active Directory), she can edit and save it. But after she save the file, both Windows 98 and Windows XP can't open the excel file again. The file will be release after one day, or we manually kick out the user in server manager. Any ideas to solve the problem? Many Thanks for your kind help. When this happens on a single user's pc (no network), the common suggestions are to clean the windows temp folder and reboot the pc. This deletes any temp files that excel uses for file r...

How to move OWA to another Web site
Hi I'm trying to move OWA (Exchange 2003) from "Default Web Site" to another (earlier created) web site. This can be done using System Manager. However - System Manager seems to create new web site instead of using existing. This makes existing web site to fail (after iisreset). Is there a solution allowing to use existing Web site? Regards. Piotr. ...

Issues Locking A Sheet
I am trying to lock a sheet so that when the form is emailed the person is not able to make any changes. I am selecting the cells I want locked, protecting the sheet, setting a password, but when I email the sheet the person is still able to make changes. What am I doing incorrectly? Nevermind, I figured out my issue. Thanks this site is always so helpful in all my other issues I have come across! >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to lock a sheet so that when the form is >emailed the person is not able to make any changes. I am >selecting the cells I want loc...