Can I install RMS Store Ops on Small Biz Server 2003 ?

I have a Small Biz Server with the RMS database on an instance of SQL Server.
I want to occasionally open Store Ops Manager on that pc to run some reports
and accept some store transfers.

Q1) Is it o.k. to install the RMS Store Ops programs on this box?

Q2) Is it o.k. to install HQ Client on this box?

0
timgale (38)
7/20/2007 5:06:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Running SO Mgr on the server isn't an issue.

Running HQ Server and HQ Client on a box that hosts both databases is a
performance disaster.

If the HQ Server is on another box, running HQ client is OK.

BEWARE:  According to MS, SBS 2003 is a UNSUPPORTED OS for hosting RMS HQ or
Store Ops.  When we  bought RMS (v1.2) SBS 2003 was a *recommended* OS.  I
had some transaction weirdness (transaction had the wrong total), called my
partner, partner referred the issue to MS.  MS replied:  RMS database hosted
on SBS 2003 not supported.  For more assistance, buy a supported OS, stop
using SBS 2003 to host RMS, re-create the issue and call us back.  We'll be
glad to help.  Worthless support, IMO.

--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"timgale" wrote:

> I have a Small Biz Server with the RMS database on an instance of SQL Server.
> I want to occasionally open Store Ops Manager on that pc to run some reports
> and accept some store transfers.
>
> Q1) Is it o.k. to install the RMS Store Ops programs on this box?
>
> Q2) Is it o.k. to install HQ Client on this box?

0
tomg2938 (389)
7/20/2007 10:34:03 PM
This would be a satellite store- no HQ database. The SBS box would have just
the HQ (communication) Client, as well as the Store Ops database. Do you
think that the system would bog down during hourly 401s?

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> Running SO Mgr on the server isn't an issue.
>
> Running HQ Server and HQ Client on a box that hosts both databases is a
> performance disaster.
>
> If the HQ Server is on another box, running HQ client is OK.
>

> BEWARE:  According to MS, SBS 2003 is a UNSUPPORTED OS for hosting RMS HQ or
> Store Ops.  When we  bought RMS (v1.2) SBS 2003 was a *recommended* OS.  I
> had some transaction weirdness (transaction had the wrong total), called my
> partner, partner referred the issue to MS.  MS replied:  RMS database hosted
> on SBS 2003 not supported.  For more assistance, buy a supported OS, stop
> using SBS 2003 to host RMS, re-create the issue and call us back.  We'll be
> glad to help.  Worthless support, IMO.
>

> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>

> "timgale" wrote:
>
> > I have a Small Biz Server with the RMS database on an instance of SQL Server.
> > I want to occasionally open Store Ops Manager on that pc to run some reports
> > and accept some store transfers.
> >
> > Q1) Is it o.k. to install the RMS Store Ops programs on this box?
> >
> > Q2) Is it o.k. to install HQ Client on this box?

0
timgale (38)
7/20/2007 11:22:01 PM
I've been running it with no problems for close to two years. However I use
SQL2000 not MSDE. (Sql2000 is included with sbs2003) there may be some issue
with 64bit or 2003r2 though.

sbs2003 32bit, SO 1.3, HQ client. works for me...
--
Total Communications

"timgale" wrote:

> This would be a satellite store- no HQ database. The SBS box would have just
> the HQ (communication) Client, as well as the Store Ops database. Do you
> think that the system would bog down during hourly 401s?
>
> "Terrible Tom" wrote:
>
> > Running SO Mgr on the server isn't an issue.
> >
> > Running HQ Server and HQ Client on a box that hosts both databases is a
> > performance disaster.
> >
> > If the HQ Server is on another box, running HQ client is OK.
> >

> > BEWARE:  According to MS, SBS 2003 is a UNSUPPORTED OS for hosting RMS HQ or
> > Store Ops.  When we  bought RMS (v1.2) SBS 2003 was a *recommended* OS.  I
> > had some transaction weirdness (transaction had the wrong total), called my
> > partner, partner referred the issue to MS.  MS replied:  RMS database hosted
> > on SBS 2003 not supported.  For more assistance, buy a supported OS, stop
> > using SBS 2003 to host RMS, re-create the issue and call us back.  We'll be
> > glad to help.  Worthless support, IMO.
> >

> > --
> > Stop fishing for e-mail
> >

> > "timgale" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a Small Biz Server with the RMS database on an instance of SQL Server.
> > > I want to occasionally open Store Ops Manager on that pc to run some reports
> > > and accept some store transfers.
> > >
> > > Q1) Is it o.k. to install the RMS Store Ops programs on this box?
> > >
> > > Q2) Is it o.k. to install HQ Client on this box?

0
RonReyes (43)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Microsoft Exchange Server #4
I need help. Everytime a send an email in Outlook, a window pops up with "Request for data from Microsoft Exchange Server". It takes 1-2 minutes for the request to run out. If I cancel the request, I have to restart outlook and it just starts over again everytime I send an email. Does anyone have suggestions on how to prevent this from occuring? Are you using an Exchange server? What version of Outlook? What SP = level is Offiice/Outlook? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Randy a...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Selection button not in Outlook 2003
I would like to print a "selection" of a larger article from the internet, (just as I did in the past using Outlook Express)however there is no button in the FILE/PRINT/ menu Please help? It only works on HTML formatted messages. On 21 Apr 2004 21:11, =?Utf-8?B?SG93ZWV5?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to print a "selection" of a larger article from the internet, >(just as I did in the past using Outlook Express)however there is no button >in the FILE/PRINT/ menu.Please help? > -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Cannot install lame mp3 on vista x64
Hi, Somebody gave me advice to do: 1. Opening up a command prompt by typing "cmd" in the run box and pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter (to run as Administrator). 2. Changing directories to sysWOW64 ("cd C:\windows\syswow64") 3. Typing the following (example_path replaced with the actual path to the extracted files), then hit enter: rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 0 c:\Temp_Folder_Path\codecXXX.inf I did everything and it was looking that it was installed but still in my VirtualDub this codec doesn't exist. Can someo...

What is the quickest way to get an xml based dataset to add entries to SQL Server?
Because there is no 'datareader' involved, what is the most efficient way to get an XML based dataset to be added to an SQL server dataset? I would hate to have to create a new SQL connection and iterate through making "executenonquery" for each row in the dataset. That seems horribly in-efficient. I know of no other way to get an xml based dataset to push data to the database though. Any pointers? Thanks for any pointers, Peter Robbins Freelance Programmer C#/PHP "MurdockSE" <murdock@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153922058.675709.165630@h48g2000cwc.go...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

Outlook 2003 SP1 upgrade
I have just upgraded Office 2003 to SP1 as well as installing the new junk mail update and my Outlook 2003 rules no loner work when Outlook is open - If I close it and reopen it all the rules then work but any subsequent e-mails that come in while outlook is running do not work. Any ideas as to why this should suddenly start happening? I have even re-created all my rules but to no avail - Before the installation of these updates everything worked fine. Any help would be gratefully received - Regards, Michael Hewson MCP ...

It is possible to install some programs from 2003 with some from 2
I have a student/home edition of Office 2007 and I'd like to install Access from Office 2003. Would that work? Yes, ensure you do a custom install, selecting only Access; however the MS advice is to install earlier component first, update then install later version, but you should be ok "Paul Blay" <PaulBlay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B549DE7-5E88-4498-BD63-58063A211923@microsoft.com... > I have a student/home edition of Office 2007 and I'd like to install > Access > from Office 2003. Would that work? Thank you! ...

Moving from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
On Friday, we began upgrading to Exchange 2003 Standard Edition from 2000 Enterprise edition. (The new enterprise edition was too expensive for us) Using the move mailbox utility in Active Directory, we moved over 800 mailboxes from two stores into one. Now, they are not accessible at all. THey show up in Active Directory, but not in either of the mailbox stores What can I do Thanks Mary Can you access them with Outlook? Mary wrote: > On Friday, we began upgrading to Exchange 2003 Standard Edition from > 2000 Enterprise edition. (The new enterprise edition was too > expensi...

Error in Send/Recieve (Outlook 2003)
Hi Users are getting an error when pressing the send/recieve button in outlook: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reporte4d error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' This error is because of an offline addressbook. But not all users are getting this. The setup is Exchange 2003 Hosting environment, exchange forest, users from one domain are working ok but users from other domain gets this error. Is it possible that this has something to do with firewall? any other ideas? GauiC I had the same problem, then read: http://support.microso...