Can I install RMS Store Ops on Small Biz Server 2003 ?

I have a Small Biz Server with the RMS database on an instance of SQL Server. 
I want to occasionally open Store Ops Manager on that pc to run some reports 
and accept some store transfers.

Q1) Is it o.k. to install the RMS Store Ops programs on this box?

Q2) Is it o.k. to install HQ Client on this box?


0
timgale (38)
7/20/2007 5:06:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
440 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

Running SO Mgr on the server isn't an issue.

Running HQ Server and HQ Client on a box that hosts both databases is a 
performance disaster.

If the HQ Server is on another box, running HQ client is OK.


BEWARE:  According to MS, SBS 2003 is a UNSUPPORTED OS for hosting RMS HQ or 
Store Ops.  When we  bought RMS (v1.2) SBS 2003 was a *recommended* OS.  I 
had some transaction weirdness (transaction had the wrong total), called my 
partner, partner referred the issue to MS.  MS replied:  RMS database hosted 
on SBS 2003 not supported.  For more assistance, buy a supported OS, stop 
using SBS 2003 to host RMS, re-create the issue and call us back.  We'll be 
glad to help.  Worthless support, IMO.




-- 
Stop fishing for e-mail


"timgale" wrote:

> I have a Small Biz Server with the RMS database on an instance of SQL Server. 
> I want to occasionally open Store Ops Manager on that pc to run some reports 
> and accept some store transfers.
> 
> Q1) Is it o.k. to install the RMS Store Ops programs on this box?
> 
> Q2) Is it o.k. to install HQ Client on this box?
> 
> 
0
tomg2938 (389)
7/20/2007 10:34:03 PM
This would be a satellite store- no HQ database. The SBS box would have just 
the HQ (communication) Client, as well as the Store Ops database. Do you 
think that the system would bog down during hourly 401s?

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> Running SO Mgr on the server isn't an issue.
> 
> Running HQ Server and HQ Client on a box that hosts both databases is a 
> performance disaster.
> 
> If the HQ Server is on another box, running HQ client is OK.
> 
> 
> BEWARE:  According to MS, SBS 2003 is a UNSUPPORTED OS for hosting RMS HQ or 
> Store Ops.  When we  bought RMS (v1.2) SBS 2003 was a *recommended* OS.  I 
> had some transaction weirdness (transaction had the wrong total), called my 
> partner, partner referred the issue to MS.  MS replied:  RMS database hosted 
> on SBS 2003 not supported.  For more assistance, buy a supported OS, stop 
> using SBS 2003 to host RMS, re-create the issue and call us back.  We'll be 
> glad to help.  Worthless support, IMO.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Stop fishing for e-mail
> 
> 
> "timgale" wrote:
> 
> > I have a Small Biz Server with the RMS database on an instance of SQL Server. 
> > I want to occasionally open Store Ops Manager on that pc to run some reports 
> > and accept some store transfers.
> > 
> > Q1) Is it o.k. to install the RMS Store Ops programs on this box?
> > 
> > Q2) Is it o.k. to install HQ Client on this box?
> > 
> > 
0
timgale (38)
7/20/2007 11:22:01 PM
I've been running it with no problems for close to two years. However I use 
SQL2000 not MSDE. (Sql2000 is included with sbs2003) there may be some issue 
with 64bit or 2003r2 though.

sbs2003 32bit, SO 1.3, HQ client. works for me...
-- 
Total Communications


"timgale" wrote:

> This would be a satellite store- no HQ database. The SBS box would have just 
> the HQ (communication) Client, as well as the Store Ops database. Do you 
> think that the system would bog down during hourly 401s?
> 
> "Terrible Tom" wrote:
> 
> > Running SO Mgr on the server isn't an issue.
> > 
> > Running HQ Server and HQ Client on a box that hosts both databases is a 
> > performance disaster.
> > 
> > If the HQ Server is on another box, running HQ client is OK.
> > 
> > 
> > BEWARE:  According to MS, SBS 2003 is a UNSUPPORTED OS for hosting RMS HQ or 
> > Store Ops.  When we  bought RMS (v1.2) SBS 2003 was a *recommended* OS.  I 
> > had some transaction weirdness (transaction had the wrong total), called my 
> > partner, partner referred the issue to MS.  MS replied:  RMS database hosted 
> > on SBS 2003 not supported.  For more assistance, buy a supported OS, stop 
> > using SBS 2003 to host RMS, re-create the issue and call us back.  We'll be 
> > glad to help.  Worthless support, IMO.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > -- 
> > Stop fishing for e-mail
> > 
> > 
> > "timgale" wrote:
> > 
> > > I have a Small Biz Server with the RMS database on an instance of SQL Server. 
> > > I want to occasionally open Store Ops Manager on that pc to run some reports 
> > > and accept some store transfers.
> > > 
> > > Q1) Is it o.k. to install the RMS Store Ops programs on this box?
> > > 
> > > Q2) Is it o.k. to install HQ Client on this box?
> > > 
> > > 
0
RonReyes (43)
7/23/2007 2:02:01 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

IAXL office 2003 to 2007
I have an existing IAXL running in Excel 2003. We plan to upgrade to Office 2007. Do we have any issues to be aware of? Thanks a lot. ma As far as I know IAXL has been discontinued. It is no longer for available for GP versions 9.0 and higher. I can't recall the exact date, but I believe the announcement was made at the end of 2005. So I would be very surprised if IAXL was ever tested with Office 2007 or if it will be supported on it. This is not the official answer, just my opinion. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "MCA" <MCA@discussio...

Event-ID 680 on Exchnage 2003 Server?
Hi, We deployed Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 AD und created many malboxes. EventView on Exchnage Server logs many times error with Event-ID 680 like that: Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0 Logon account: <User Name> Source Workstation: <Workstation Name> Error Code: 0xC0000064 Definetly there is no user access problem or password problem. How can we fix this error message? Thanks in advance. Cicek Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=0xC0000064&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&k...

why wont update kb967642 install
computer just will not install update kb967642. is it nessessary to have, if so what is the answer. 1. Exactly what happens when you try? 2. Why are you trying to install it? 3. Have you looked at the details of the update? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967642 ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:46:02 -0700, in microsoft.public.office.misc, liz mccleary <liz mccleary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >computer just will not install update kb967642. is it nessessary to have, if >so...

Poor performance after RMS 2.0 upgrade?
I recently upgraded my enterpirse to RMS 2.0. Some of my shops have a single register hosting the database and running Store Ops (and HQ client). At these shops, i'm experiencing VERY slow performance. Doing a 'set customer' takes maybe 30 seconds (about 50,000 customers in the database). These machines are 1ghz, 512MB. My best guess is that its the SQL 2005 Express sucking a lot of RAM where we didn't have as much trouble with 1.3 and MSDE where performance was fine. Anyone else running into this problem? At one site I have a dedicated SQL server I can move the RMS ...

A converter for Publisher 2003,2007 files to open in Publisher 20
If I am sent Publisher files made in the newer versions of Publisher, why wont they open in Publisher 2000? Is there a converter available as there is for Word file conversions? This incompatiblity between versions is a major irritation. Why does Microsoft FORCE people into costly upgrades when previous versions are working well?? Later versions of MS programs are sometimes worse containing more annoying features than the more straightforward previous ones. The change of layout etc is also disconcerting. On Wed, 7 May 2008 16:30:01 -0700, Mikerawl <Mikerawl@discussions.microsoft.co...

Can't Create/Save/Print EPS
Crew I have a 4 page brochure I created in 1999 when I first came on wit my present company, that turned out to be useful when updated t cover a current issue in our town...to now be mailed out to th entire community (10,000 residents. The commercial printer of course wants an EPS file I attempted the first stage of this EPS saving process, which is t install a PostScript driver, but then only got as far as Print Setu Properties in the second phase Since we don't have any such type printers at my company, I ha followed the directions for installing a generic EPS version (Apple. That w...

Outlook 2003 #136
Trying to send an email to more then 25 recipients gives an error on the 26th recipient 452 4-5.3 To many recipients Is this a setting somewhere? Jim <jfosterx@comcast.net> wrote: > Trying to send an email to more then 25 recipients gives > an error on the 26th recipient > > 452 4-5.3 To many recipients > > Is this a setting somewhere? It's a limit being imposed by your ISP (Comcast?). Outlook does not have any such limit. -- Brian Tillman Helping a friend on a side job supposedly he has already checked with the ISP, never seen this one before, Thanks...

IE 8
This appears to be a common problem but I just can't find a solution other than using FireFox Roger "Roger" <liam@mail.moc> wrote in message news:uOg83jE#KHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > This appears to be a common problem but I just can't find a solution other > than using FireFox > > Roger What version of Word? I'm using IE8 and Word with Office 2010 Beta. Copy/Paste as usual. Any particular web site that doesn't work for you? On 20/05/2010 1:09 PM, KCB wrote: > > >> This appears to be a common problem b...

Publisher 2003
When I create a new calender based on one of the templates, it automatically puts Sunday as the first day of the week like this: Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat. I want Sunday to be the Last day of the week like this: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun. Is there any way to do this? Gorm wrote: > When I create a new calender based on one of the templates, it > automatically puts Sunday as the first day of the week like this: > Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat. I want Sunday to be the Last day of the > week like this: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun. Is there any way to do > this? This is dep...

install with named instance
I have installed Sql server with named instance . For use outlook client I should migrate in default instance. But how migrate for keep data. thank for answer !! ps : sorry for my english Sorry for my lack of understaning skills, but if I am understadning you correctly, you installed CRM on a named instance and you want it to move it to the default instance? For that, you will really need to contact the support, as the steps are quite long. You are looking for this article they have "How to move Microsoft CRM data from a Named instance of Microsoft SQL Server to the Default instan...

Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2003 server
I'm busy installing Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2003 server but as you all know Micrsoft says it is nog possible. Well, it's not working so I guess they are right but I'm still trying. I can start a setup an can add my server in a existing site but when the setup is trying to start the services I get a error telling me that Exchange is missing a file but I can't find out wich one. I hope some one is having a solution for this issue. Please let me know, Kind Regards, Rogier I have a solution for you. Actually, I have two solutions. 1. Implement Exchange 2003 instead. ...

Can't print pages in proper order
Hi, [Publisher 2003] I created a four-page folded card to print 5.5" wide x 8.5" high on standard 8.5" x 11" paper. I started with a blank Publisher document. There's a photo and text on the cover and two pages of text inside the folded card. No matter how I arrange the page order, the "cover page" with the photo always prints on the wrong half of the sheet of paper, so it is positioned on the back page of the folded card, rather than the front. That is, it prints on the left, instead of the right side of the unfolded sheet. I checked a Publisher templ...

How can I clear the last Data->Text to columns to formatting
I've noticed in Excel 2000 that if I paste text into various worksheets within a workbook each paste will assume the Text->Column formatting that I applied in the previous. How can I prevent it from happening ? Thanks Steve Just run another data|Text to columns against a dummy cell. Specify delimited, but remove all the check marks from all the possible delimiters. (alternatively, you can close excel and reopen it.) svaardt wrote: > > I've noticed in Excel 2000 that if I paste text into various worksheets > within a workbook each paste will assume the Text->Col...

Outlook 2003 Printing Error
I've got a weird issue. When a user tries to print Outlook loses connection to the Exchange server and the print job fails. Here's the error "Connection to Exchange is unavailable Outlook must be online to complete this action". Has anyone seen this? Thanks, Jobe ...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error?
Hello, While trying to install SP1 on our Exchange servers, we get the following message: "Multiple components cannot be assigned the requested action(s) because: - The local domain configuration is not up-to-date. You must run setup with the "/DomainPrep" switch within this domain. If you have already done this with the current version of setup, then you must wait for replication to complete. Consult your documentation for details." We've been running Win2k3 with Exchange 2k3 for about 3 months now.. And I've gone through KB274737 and verified that /DomainP...

CRM Over Windows 2003 64 Bits Itanium
Hi! I install CRM 1.2 on windows server 2003 64 bit itanium, the first problem was :net framework 1.1, but I Install :net framework 2.0 64 bits and is Ok but when i type the URL http://crm a text box requires autentication i type the correct user and password but later an Erro 404 Page not found appears What is the problem, Note IIS is already configured There has yet to be any official support for 64-bit platforms. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:08:02 -0700, "Juan Hernandez&qu...

Can a macro be written to launch a pre-canned e-mail?
I need to launch an e-mail quickly with as few key strokes as possible. The e-mail needs to have a pre-canned subject line, a simple pre-canned message body and, a follow up flag. I have a template but also need to set the Follow up flag each time I send it and this has proven more time consuming than is practical for this application. Can a macro be written to open the template and set the follow up flag to the current date and 1 minute forward from the current time? Most of the time the message will be sent with just that. On occasion I may need to add a word or two to the subject...

newbie questiobn about DPM and SQL Server
I am in the process of identifying the best solution for our company regarding SQL Server Disaster Recovery. Having just being exposed to DPM, I had a question that may be answered best in this group. Could one replace SQL Server mirroroing or Replication with an implementation of DPM? In other words, would DPM suffice as the backup and recovery tool for SQL server in an environment less than 4TB? Thanks JT DPM is a backup-and-restore option for SQL; it is not a high-availability option. Conversely, SQL mirroring is a high-availability option; it does not provide poi...

Outlook 2003 & 2GB PST barrier
Does Outlook 2003 break the glass ceiling of the 2GB PST maximum ? -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm Yes provided you are using the new unicode format pst Next Q, create a new OL pst (unicode) in OL2003 and copy your old data to it :) "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message news:OPybOzQMHHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does Outlook 2003 break the glass ceiling of the 2GB PST maximum ? > > -- > Dave > http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html > http://www....

Outlook 2003 data files
My computer was reformatted by a technician and I was able to backup all my files to a CD. After reinstalling Office and Outlook I am unable to open the pst file any longer because it says it is not a recognised outlook file. I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Thank you Did you copy the files back to the hard drive and remove the read-only attribute? If the answer to this is yes, then there is a possibility that the PST file was burned to the CDR/RW at a speed that was too fast and it corrupted the file. "Suresh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Will 2003 .PRF file work also with Outlook 2000/02?
I would like to create a .PRF file with Outlook Resource Kit 2003, to set up an Exchange account. My plain is to install this PRF file using the /importprf directive. Will this 2003 .PRF file work also with Outlook 2000 and 2002? TIA, /NeXTstep Outlook 2000 requires some resource kit utilities: newprof.exe and modprof.exe to create new profiles or modify existing ones. I have used a PRF file created with Office 2003 resource kit tools for Outlook 2002 (XP) and it seemed to work fine. Good luck! Kevin Egan. "NeXTstep" <na@na.na> wrote in message news:OctaU7XAHHA.23...

HELP: Contacts not showing when writing email Outlook 2003
Hi, I have Win XP Pro with Outlook 2003 (ver. 11.5608.5703) When I try to write an email, Outlook is not "looking" to my contacts... I also try to press the TO: or CC: button to select a contact, but nothing is there.. it is empty. Now, as I could read from the group, it has something to do with the "Outlook Address Book"... so I selected the CONTACTS, right click on it and selected Properties... then Outlook Address Book to see if it's linked and where.... but the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is dimmed grey and I can't select anything......

Alternative SMTP server in OL Connector
Hi, I'm using Office Live Connector to connect my Outlook to Windows Live Mail when I'm at home. Unfortunately my ISP for wireless internet service (that I use when travelling) does not allow my laptop to connect directly to SMTP.LIVE.COM server and wants that I use its SMTP server for outgoing mail. Is it possible to configure the Office Live Connector to use an alternative SMTP server instead of SMTP.LIVE.COM? I could use POP3, I know, but I don't want to download messages on my laptop. I want to connect to the server from different PCs. -- Plo First l...

Archiviazione impossibile con Outlook 2000 e 2003
Avendo raggiunto una quantit=E0 di messaggi considerevole nel server, abbiamo chiesto ai dipendenti di cancellare e/o archiviare la loro posta sul disco. Il problema nasce proprio quando l'utente utilizza File > Archivio: - con Outlook 2003 comincia ad archiviare poi restituisce un generico "Errore sconosciuto". - con Outlook 2000 comincia ad archiviare poi restituisce una serie di errori del tipo "Impossibile archiviare <cartella> [...]", e dice che la cartella di partenza e quella di destinazione non possono essere uguali. I file pst che vanno a crearsi si...

DateTime. Stored with timezone information or not
One thing I have been blessed from until now is to deal with datetimes for different time zones. Are datetime saved as they are (not taking timezone into account) or are they converted to UTC? If it does I guess the timezone the server is running in is used (or more correctly what timezone Windows that the server is running under) when saving or displaying date time information. Note: I am talking about DateTime and not the new data type DateTimeOffset in 2008. Hej Magnus, They are saves as they are, with no consideration to UTC, offsets and such. -- Tibor Kar...