Building a Model Stock - Reorder/Restock

RMS V 1.3.1006

Hi again!

We need to build model stocks for our locations. I need some help
understanding the Restock Point and the Reorder Level. I have searched
Customer Source and the RMS Help files, and only found how to make changes,
with no real description of how they function.

Aside from generally understanding how they work together (or maybe not?), I
also need to know if these can be changed on a per location basis. I can see
that they can be input under the Attributes of an item, then issued down via
a 250, but, can you also issue a 308 specific to the different locations you
would like model stock levels to apply to? (like 1 location would always have
2, while another would always have 1).

Thank you so much for any help here!!!!

Jocelyn
0
Jocelyn (213)
8/25/2006 2:51:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Also, we have that section un-checked in HQ> File> Config...

"Jocelyn" wrote:

> RMS V 1.3.1006
>
> Hi again!
>
> We need to build model stocks for our locations. I need some help
> understanding the Restock Point and the Reorder Level. I have searched
> Customer Source and the RMS Help files, and only found how to make changes,
> with no real description of how they function.
>
> Aside from generally understanding how they work together (or maybe not?), I
> also need to know if these can be changed on a per location basis. I can see
> that they can be input under the Attributes of an item, then issued down via
> a 250, but, can you also issue a 308 specific to the different locations you
> would like model stock levels to apply to? (like 1 location would always have
> 2, while another would always have 1).
>
> Thank you so much for any help here!!!!
>
> Jocelyn
0
Jocelyn (213)

------=_NextPart_000_0A6B_01C6C853.A1395E10

Jocelyn,

It not very intuitive and can be messy, but you can have different =
numbers per store.

Go into Maintenance Mode | Database | Items | select the item | Store =
Qty | just modify the Re-order and Re-stock | send a 250

The 308 is if you want to make mass changes primarily, but can be used =
as above, you just have to do one store at a time. We recommend using =
the 308 for when you want all stores to have the same levels for the =
particular items.

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "Jocelyn" <Jocelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  RMS V 1.3.1006

  Hi again!

  We need to build model stocks for our locations. I need some help=20
  understanding the Restock Point and the Reorder Level. I have searched =

  Customer Source and the RMS Help files, and only found how to make =
changes,=20
  with no real description of how they function.

  Aside from generally understanding how they work together (or maybe =
not?), I=20
  also need to know if these can be changed on a per location basis. I =
can see=20
  that they can be input under the Attributes of an item, then issued =
down via=20
  a 250, but, can you also issue a 308 specific to the different =
locations you=20
  would like model stock levels to apply to? (like 1 location would =
always have=20
  2, while another would always have 1).

  Thank you so much for any help here!!!!

  Jocelyn
------=_NextPart_000_0A6B_01C6C853.A1395E10

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Jocelyn,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>It not very intuitive and can be&nbsp;messy, =
but you=20
can have different numbers per store.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Go into Maintenance Mode | Database | Items | =
select=20
the item | Store Qty |&nbsp;just modify the Re-order and Re-stock | send =
a=20
250</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>The 308 is if you want to make&nbsp;mass =
changes=20
primarily, but can be used as above, you just have to do one store at a =
time. We=20
recommend using the 308 for&nbsp;when you want all stores to have the =
same=20
levels for the particular items.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Jocelyn" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Jocelyn@discussions.microsoft.com">Jocelyn@discussions.mic=
rosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:93568C39-5509-4682-87DE-B5F001DE7C2D@microsoft.com">news:935=
68C39-5509-4682-87DE-B5F001DE7C2D@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>RMS=20
  V 1.3.1006<BR><BR>Hi again!<BR><BR>We need to build model stocks for =
our=20
  locations. I need some help <BR>understanding the Restock Point and =
the=20
  Reorder Level. I have searched <BR>Customer Source and the RMS Help =
files, and=20
  only found how to make changes, <BR>with no real description of how =
they=20
  function.<BR><BR>Aside from generally understanding how they work =
together (or=20
  maybe not?), I <BR>also need to know if these can be changed on a per =
location=20
  basis. I can see <BR>that they can be input under the Attributes of an =
item,=20
  then issued down via <BR>a 250, but, can you also issue a 308 specific =
to the=20
  different locations you <BR>would like model stock levels to apply to? =
(like 1=20
  location would always have <BR>2, while another would always have=20
  1).<BR><BR>Thank you so much for any help=20
here!!!!<BR><BR>Jocelyn</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0A6B_01C6C853.A1395E10--

0
spam3944 (2163)
8/25/2006 9:34:53 PM
Reorder Point = minimum stock.  If you automatically generate POs, items with
On Hand quantities at or below the Reorder Point will be ordered.

Restock Level = full warehouse.  The PO created in the example above will
order sufficient quantities to bring the item(s) in question up to the
Restock Level.

For any given item 'X' where Restock Level = 10 and Reorder Point = 5, when
On Hand <=5, system generated POs will order Restock Level - On Hand.  If On
Hand = 4, Order Qty would be 6.

In the HQ Item Properties Store Quantity tab you can set store-specific
restock/reorder levels.  I don't think that you can change these with a 250
except in the case of a new item - but I could be wrong.

There is nothing but the Store Operations security settings to stop the
stores from revising these values.

Tom

"Jocelyn" wrote:

> RMS V 1.3.1006
>
> Hi again!
>
> We need to build model stocks for our locations. I need some help
> understanding the Restock Point and the Reorder Level. I have searched
> Customer Source and the RMS Help files, and only found how to make changes,
> with no real description of how they function.
>
> Aside from generally understanding how they work together (or maybe not?), I
> also need to know if these can be changed on a per location basis. I can see
> that they can be input under the Attributes of an item, then issued down via
> a 250, but, can you also issue a 308 specific to the different locations you
> would like model stock levels to apply to? (like 1 location would always have
> 2, while another would always have 1).
>
> Thank you so much for any help here!!!!
>
> Jocelyn
0
tomg2938 (389)
8/25/2006 11:39:02 PM
Thanks Jeff and Tom. I knew I would hear from you guys.

I get exactly what you are saying. I am going to test this out this
afternoon. I am actually thinking about setting the Store Region (currently
used as State Abbreviation or Closed) to set it to Levels (like 1, 2, 3)
because that makes it so much better when working with Worksheets to
designate by Region (we always uncheck our Closed locations to keep our
worksheets clean).

This info has been really helpful. I think I will first go after it from the
Store Qty on a line item and set it up there, but I might give this Regions
thing a try too with a 308.

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> Reorder Point = minimum stock.  If you automatically generate POs, items with
> On Hand quantities at or below the Reorder Point will be ordered.
>
> Restock Level = full warehouse.  The PO created in the example above will
> order sufficient quantities to bring the item(s) in question up to the
> Restock Level.
>
> For any given item 'X' where Restock Level = 10 and Reorder Point = 5, when
> On Hand <=5, system generated POs will order Restock Level - On Hand.  If On
> Hand = 4, Order Qty would be 6.
>
> In the HQ Item Properties Store Quantity tab you can set store-specific
> restock/reorder levels.  I don't think that you can change these with a 250
> except in the case of a new item - but I could be wrong.
>
> There is nothing but the Store Operations security settings to stop the
> stores from revising these values.
>
> Tom
>

> "Jocelyn" wrote:
>
> > RMS V 1.3.1006
> >
> > Hi again!
> >
> > We need to build model stocks for our locations. I need some help
> > understanding the Restock Point and the Reorder Level. I have searched
> > Customer Source and the RMS Help files, and only found how to make changes,
> > with no real description of how they function.
> >
> > Aside from generally understanding how they work together (or maybe not?), I
> > also need to know if these can be changed on a per location basis. I can see
> > that they can be input under the Attributes of an item, then issued down via
> > a 250, but, can you also issue a 308 specific to the different locations you
> > would like model stock levels to apply to? (like 1 location would always have
> > 2, while another would always have 1).
> >
> > Thank you so much for any help here!!!!
> >
> > Jocelyn
0
Jocelyn (213)

building a worksheet row by row
I hope somebody can assist. My worksheet calculates rows of data, which I wish to slide into another worksheet and secure; then change the original data, slide those results under the first. Keep repeating. Is there a way to do this without manually pasting values each time? David Dave "Sliding" rows from one sheet to another would involve the use of VBA. See Ron de Bruin's site for moving/copying rows to next available empty rows. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:04:03 -0800, "DaveButcher" <DaveButcher@discussio...

Stock Price Update
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C394C8.DA1D9E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Is there any way to get stock price (China market) updated in Money 2003 = via MSN's service? If the service is not available with MSN, can Money = 2003 be set to connect the third party service provider to online-update = China market's stock price, and anyone know these providers? if any. Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C394C8.DA1D9E10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" ...

Can I Build an Access Statement (in 2007) as a String and Execute
Hi, I know that I can build a SQL statement within a string and then execute it like the following: strSQL = "UPDATE tblAuditRpt " _ & "SET tblAuditRpt.AuditRptYesCount = " & lngInitialEvalCount & " " _ & "WHERE tblAuditRpt.AuditRptID=25;" CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError Can I do the same with an Access statement itself? For example, How could I execute the following statement if I built it in a string? lngInitialEvalCount = DCount ("AuditDtlCnt", "AuditDetai...

Building Assembly
I'm trying to build an assembly that creates a directory that is named after an attribute in opportunities. this is what I have, and it is not compiling into a dll, any advice? public string CreateDirectory(string root,string folderName) { } Luke Davis, MCSE: Security DEM Networks - Senior Systems Architect 7225 N First, Suite 105 Fresno, CA 93720 Office: 1 (559) 439-1000 Fax: 1 (866) 640-2041 www.demnetworks.com ...

Employee Stock Options
I have an investment account in Money 04 that contains several employee stock option "investments." They are now being handled by a different broker. I'd like to move each of the options to a new Money account. Is there a way to do that without re-fat-fingering all the previous transactions? Ken In microsoft.public.money, Ken Kast wrote: >I have an investment account in Money 04 that contains several employee >stock option "investments." They are now being handled by a different >broker. I'd like to move each of the options to a new Money account...

Building Kits
I am having trouble using the build kits tab. I went through and made sure all the components were available to build the kits. I click the build tab and the program prompts that there is enough inventory to build 2 kits. I enter 2 and then hit the build tab and then ok. When I go to the properties screen the inventory qty is still 0. I copied the kit and gave it another name and did the same process and was able to build the kits the first and only time. Any suggestions? known bug, apply the latest hotfix and you will be good to go. "akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.mic...

MS 2004 deluxe Stock sale and Purchase #2
Hi there, I came across this not to long ago. I owned ( lets use a fake company here) ABCcorp.. symbol ( fake again) ABC I then sold off all shares of ABC.at 28.00 Later in the year I purchased a new interest in ABC for 11.00 per share. When it went to 10.88 the MS Money 2004 Deluxe portfolio screen shows I am making money on this new lot of shares. Only thing I can think of is, because Money uses the old symbol and lumps previous stock ownership ( even though you sold it all) to the subsequent purchases. Has this been fixed in later editions of Money? Or is the fix, manual? Such as, befo...

Macro to build table
I have 6 questions that may be answered yes or no, and for the sake of keeping everything in integer form, let's assume "1" for yes and "0" for no. Depending on how a customer answers all 6 questions, they will receive a predetermined score. I am attempting to develop the answer key, so-to-speak, to refer the reps to once they are finished asking the customer these questions. I was hoping for the code that would build a macro to create this tabe for me - a table that would lay out all of the 6 question-answer combinations, like the following: Questi...

Error when building payroll build
One of my users is continuously getting an error when clicking OK on Calculate Payroll Checks. The error is - The checks cannot be calculated. Errors were found when building the checks. All other users can build the exact same build with no issues. What could be the issue here? Jack-One thing you may want to check is compare the users security. One user may/may not have rights to benefits/deductions/batches, etc. "Jack Tundra" wrote: > One of my users is continuously getting an error when clicking OK on > Calculate Payroll Checks. The error is - The checks cannot b...

Entourage Build Information
Processor: Power PC Is there a matrix of Entourage versions and their respective build numbers anyone can provide? This information would be of great use in troubleshooting client/server issues. Thanks in advance, Chris I haven't checked specifically for Entourage, but Wikipedia usually has such data published - you might check there. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 11/13/08 3:24 PM, in article 59b61e39.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "chrisxmartinez@officeformac.com" <chrisxmartinez@officeformac.com> wrote: > Processor: Power PC > > Is there a ma...

New HP Color LaserJet
Our company is looking to purchase a new HP Color LaserJet for use with Dynamics GP 9.0 and later (when they are released). However, the GP compatibility list does not include any current model HP color laserjets. This will be a workgroup printer and color is necessary. I would like to stick with HP's since we have had good luck with them in the past. I was looking at maybe the 4700dn, 3800dn, or the 3600dn. Has anyone been using any of these models? Alan, We don't have anyone using the models you listed, we do have one customer using the HP 2840 Color LaserJet with no pro...

Stock chart, need help!
Hi, I'm trying to plot a regular stock chart and using first sub-type o stock chart. I'm working with Office XP. I'm able to plot High-Low-Close Price chart, but I also need to plac Daily Volume numbers next to the date numbers on my category X-axis. For example, X-axis should have dates 10/28, 10/29 ... etc. and corresponding Volume of stock sold each day right next to it(unde it). Does anybody know how can I do that? any advice appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly...

using xml to build ASP.NET applications
hiya, ATM, I use vis studio to drag and drop controls on to my web forms. Apparently, an app can be built via XML and XSLT.I've been googling, but I'm still none the wiser as to why people would go to a low level of xml when they could use the IDE? Is it because: 1) the same xml can be used to build cross-platform apps? 2) it performs better (maybe there is less metadata if done in this way)? 3) it is easier to modify using XSLT than it is to go in and manually alter controls that have been dropped onto a webform? Can anyone give me a clue? Also, the people that use XML to build t...

Build
Hi, I am experiencing some problems building a solution. This project previuosly ran in Visual C++ 6, but I decided to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 - which I now regret. ------ Build started: Project: Misc, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ Compiling... StdAfx.cpp c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afxv_w32.h(228) : error C2065: 'DWORD_PTR' : undeclared identifier c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afxv_w32.h(228) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'GetWindowThreadProcessId' c:\program files\microso...

How to build only usbdisk6.dll
Hello, I have to modify ScsiTestUnitReady() in the usbdisk6.dll. I know that it is public code and that I have to clone the component. Before cloning the component I want to try my solution and i want to see if it works so I want to modify the public code (I have a backup). How can I build and sysgen only the usbdisk6.dll ? Thanks, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engineer Paolo: Cloning the code for that should only take a few minutes. http://geekswithblogs.net/BruceEitman/archive/2008/07/02/platform-builder-clone-public-code.aspx is for a different set of c...

Versioning on Build
Hi, I would love to be able to have the build number increment each time I compile, but I am not familiar with the correct way to do versioning in C++. I have VS 2005 Pro, and in a header, I have this: #define VERSION_MAJOR 1 #define VERSION_MINOR 0 #define VERSION_BUILD 200 // Magic to get the preprocessor to do what we want #define lita(arg) #arg #define xlita(arg) lita(arg) #define cat3(w,x,z) w##.##x##.##z##\000 #define xcat3(w,x,z) cat3(w,x,z) #define VERSION_STRING xlita(xcat3(VERSION_MAJOR,VERSION_MINOR,VERSION_BUILD)...

Tempate Building How-To's?
I've been tasked with converting our company's current set of collateral (mostly in Adobe InDesign) into user-friendly Word Templates (v 2007). I'm fairly comfortable in Word, but not really skilled at creating a master template file that will be widespread used. For example, I don't need help on *how* to create a table... I need to know what is the benefit of a table vs. a 3 column page... or is there a different way to do this. I run into multiple ways to do something, and wonder what way is best, from the standpoint of multiple people using this template. Do y...

Running Calculations to build chart
I have the following columns: Job Title, Week, Total People The data looks like this: Job Title Week Total People PM W2 1 Tech Edit W3 5 Net Engineer W2 2 Programmer W12 10 Programmer2 W1 5 ..... I have a named range of weeks, W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W6, W8, W8, W10, W11, W12, named "weeks". I'm trying to build a chart to show the total number of people for each week. So I need to total up all the W1s, W2s, etc. to display my chart. Hi - I am using Excel 200. Select your Data > Job Title ...

Duplicate Transactions not Fixed with Build 1105
Was hoping this fix would deal with the duplicate transaction issues that occur when using Online Update with accounts that are updated via Yodlee... it doesn't appear that it does. Still getting duplicates... maybe they will stop with yesterdays duplicate... I suppose we will see tomorrow. Larry ...

Stock Takes
Does anyone know if there is a way of creating a stocktake from the available qty rather than on hand qty as we run stock takes on a rolling live basis not just when everything is posted & cleared. The stocktake based on 'on hand qty's' means that it will adjust incorrectly if we have unposted invoices. Any help will be appreciated... The only suggestion here is to use the Unposted Transaction button available on the Stock Count Entry screen to adjust the count recorded. For example, if you counted 15 pieces on the shelf and there were 5 pieces listed in Unposted Trans...

Restricted Stock #2
Many companies are moving away from granting stock options to granting restricted stock. It does not appear, however, that Money 2005 or Money 2006 have functionality for restricted stock. Restricted stock is similar to stock options in that it usually vests over a period of time, but instead of exercising the option, the stock is simply granted to the employee. If it was that simple, I could simply enter the stock as an option with a 0 strike price. The real issue is that the stock pays a dividend during the vesting period that is paid to the employee and is taxed at ordinary rates...

Sales & warehouse store or Stock Store
I have 2 table Stock_Table Sales_Table Stock_Table Contain This Field StockId Primary Key StockName Quantity Date_of_Add StockId StockName Quantity Date_of_add 1 a1 computer 10 1/1/2008 2 b2 printer 20 1/1/2008 3 a1 computer 10 15/1/2008 4 b2 printer 60 20/1/2008 Sales_Table contain this field (Sales mean Pull or get from Stock table) SalesId Primary key St...

Vumero
We recently launched Vumero.com - a marketplace for Excel Spreadsheet and Financial Modeling expertise (http://www.vumero.com/) We thought you might be interested in making money money from selling your quality Excel spreadsheets and financial models. If you are interested - it's really easy to get started. Simply describe your spreadsheet/financial models, provide quality screenshots, list your price and begin earning from your work. From mergers & acquisitions, debt restructuring, LBO, portfolio management and startup models - Vumero is a global finance community helping you to e...

How to Upgrade from Build 12 to Build 14?
I currently am using WLM Build 12. Can someone please give me a link to instructions for best practices in upgrading to Build 14? For example, I originally thought I should remove Build 12 first, but I guess that's wrong. What other things should I do or not do? Thanks. DQpUaGVyZSBpcyBjZXJ0YWlubHkgbm8gcGFydGljdWxhciByZWFzb24gdGhhdCBJIGNhbiB0aGlu ayBvZiB0byBVbmluc3RhbGwgV0xNYWlsIDEyeCBiZWZvcmUgSW5zdGFsbGluZyBXTE1haWwgMTR4 LiBJIGtub3cgSSBkaWRuJ3QgYm90aGVyIHdpdGggdW5pbnN0YWxsaW5nIGZpcnN0LCBhbmQgSSBh bSBoYXBweSB3aXRoIGhvdyBpdCB3ZW50Lg0KDQpJbiBhbnkgY2FzZSwgYSBTdGFuZGFyZCBVbmlu ...

Donated Stock
I am looking for the proper transaction procedure to record appreciated stock donated to a charity. The transaction allows for reduction in the shares of stock contributed at the market price recorded by the charity and showing a deductible charity expense. How is this done? -- Danspar Others will probably give you a more sophisticated answer, but frankly, I don't think that one can expect a simple money managemnt program like MONEY to be you tax accountant. Peronally, I would simply record a sell and let MONEY show the difference as a LT Capital Gain. Just because it shows up ...