Beware MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder Table Corruption after upgrading from 1.3 to 2.0

RMS didn't correctly create the information in the
MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table when upgrading from version 1.3 to 2.0
(unless you applied  hot fix 2.0.0110 or later before you upgraded the 1.3
database).

The above doesn't affect the actual matrix component items them selves but
it does affect the matrix attributes. It will duplicate quite a few
dimension attributes and it will delete some as well. We upgraded RMS
shortly after 2.0 was released (8 months ago?) and originally thought that
this was caused by user errors. But when I finally realized the scope of the
problem I contacted Microsoft who almost immediately dismissed this issue as
a non MS/RMS issue. After I mentioned that it appeared to me that it was
caused during the 1.3 to 2.0 upgrade, MS "researched" this further and
admitted that it was an RMS issue, but didn't affect many customers, and was
resolved in the above mentioned hot fix. But of course this doesn't do
anybody any good if you upgraded before the above hot fix. MS has not
provided me with a solution to the problem yet.

So this posting is for the following three reasons:

1. Has anybody else encountered the above problems? And if so please let me
know how  you resolved it.
2. To warn everybody to not upgrade the 1.3 database to 2.0 UNLESS you have
the latest RMS 2.0 hot fix installed before perform the database upgrade.
3. To make everybody aware of this issue so people can check the matrices
that they have set up pre RMS 2.0 and see if they encounter duplicate and/or
missing attributes. (I was unaware of this for quite a while until we
started trying to reorder certain matrices and had to add dimension
attributes.

As of yet I've not received answers to several of my questions in regards to
the above especially why there is no knowledge base article available about
this bug and I'm very surprised that I've not heard more complaints about
this issue in this news group (maybe people are not aware that they may have
this problem).

I've also reported that the attribute display order does not "stick", in
other words when you move one of your matrix attributes up or down the list
by using the up/down arrows, it will stay there while you are on that screen
and ask you to save it before you close the windows, but next time you go
back into that matrix the attributes have reverted back to their original
sort order.

If anybody has any info, suggestions, or solutions to any of the above
please let me know.

Thank you!

0
Alex6724 (221)
1/3/2008 6:04:12 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I actually reported this last February and the hotfix you mentioned does not
fix the problem, it makes the problem easier to fix.
I actually went through the matrix items one by one and fixed them manually
and scripted some of the other fields.. I can also vouch for the ongoing
sorting issue.

Microsoft strung me along until they said 7 months later they did not deem
it worthy to fix as it was extremely rare occurance (whatever). It took them
7 months to make a hotfix that didn't help much.  it allowed editing..
whopie..

This is one of the reasons we terminated our support agreement.  We only got
on the maintenance plan for the updates/bug fixes and nothing else. What
good is it if they fix what THEY want and not what their customers are
complaining about.

It's nice to see I'm not alone on this one.

"Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message
> RMS didn't correctly create the information in the
> MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table when upgrading from version 1.3 to 2.0
> (unless you applied  hot fix 2.0.0110 or later before you upgraded the 1.3
> database).
>
> The above doesn't affect the actual matrix component items them selves but
> it does affect the matrix attributes. It will duplicate quite a few
> dimension attributes and it will delete some as well. We upgraded RMS
> shortly after 2.0 was released (8 months ago?) and originally thought that
> this was caused by user errors. But when I finally realized the scope of
> the problem I contacted Microsoft who almost immediately dismissed this
> issue as a non MS/RMS issue. After I mentioned that it appeared to me that
> it was caused during the 1.3 to 2.0 upgrade, MS "researched" this further
> and admitted that it was an RMS issue, but didn't affect many customers,
> and was resolved in the above mentioned hot fix. But of course this
> doesn't do anybody any good if you upgraded before the above hot fix. MS
> has not provided me with a solution to the problem yet.
>
> So this posting is for the following three reasons:
>
> 1. Has anybody else encountered the above problems? And if so please let
> me know how  you resolved it.
> 2. To warn everybody to not upgrade the 1.3 database to 2.0 UNLESS you
> have the latest RMS 2.0 hot fix installed before perform the database
> upgrade.
> 3. To make everybody aware of this issue so people can check the matrices
> that they have set up pre RMS 2.0 and see if they encounter duplicate
> and/or missing attributes. (I was unaware of this for quite a while until
> we started trying to reorder certain matrices and had to add dimension
> attributes.
>
> As of yet I've not received answers to several of my questions in regards
> to the above especially why there is no knowledge base article available
> about this bug and I'm very surprised that I've not heard more complaints
> about this issue in this news group (maybe people are not aware that they
> may have this problem).
>
> I've also reported that the attribute display order does not "stick", in
> other words when you move one of your matrix attributes up or down the
> list by using the up/down arrows, it will stay there while you are on that
> screen and ask you to save it before you close the windows, but next time
> you go back into that matrix the attributes have reverted back to their
> original sort order.
>
> If anybody has any info, suggestions, or solutions to any of the above
> please let me know.
>
> Thank you!

0
anonymous (74719)
1/3/2008 6:39:02 PM
Just to add my 2 cents and let MS hear from us.

I agree about the selective fixes and I am very doubtful that I will renew
my maintenance plan this year.

Marc

"root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> attributes.
>>
>> As of yet I've not received answers to several of my questions in regards
>> to the above especially why there is no knowledge base article available
>> about this bug and I'm very surprised that I've not heard more complaints
>> about this issue in this news group (maybe people are not aware that they
>> may have this problem).
>>
>> I've also reported that the attribute display order does not "stick", in
>> other words when you move one of your matrix attributes up or down the
>> list by using the up/down arrows, it will stay there while you are on
>> that screen and ask you to save it before you close the windows, but next
>> time you go back into that matrix the attributes have reverted back to
>> their original sort order.
>>
>> If anybody has any info, suggestions, or solutions to any of the above

0
marc_no_spam (194)
1/3/2008 7:07:20 PM
And here are my two cents, Microsoft needs to FIX THIS...  I would be
interested in what Alex did specifically to fix his problem.  We don't even
use Matrix Items and we are getting the error message, HELP?

"Marc" wrote:

> [...]
> >> attributes.
> >>
> >> As of yet I've not received answers to several of my questions in regards
> >> to the above especially why there is no knowledge base article available
> >> about this bug and I'm very surprised that I've not heard more complaints
> >> about this issue in this news group (maybe people are not aware that they
> >> may have this problem).
> >>
> >> I've also reported that the attribute display order does not "stick", in
> >> other words when you move one of your matrix attributes up or down the
> >> list by using the up/down arrows, it will stay there while you are on
> >> that screen and ask you to save it before you close the windows, but next
> >> time you go back into that matrix the attributes have reverted back to
> >> their original sort order.
> >>
> >> If anybody has any info, suggestions, or solutions to any of the above

0
Goodwill1 (1)
1/3/2008 10:38:06 PM
MS didn't mention that the hot fix would fix the problems but that if you
upgraded the database from 1.3 to 2.0 with the latest hot fix applied BEFORE
you upgrade your 1.3 database that it wouldn't corrupt the
matrixattributedisplayorder table. Of course, this only helps people that
waited all this time before upgrading to RMS 2.0

We have a great many matrices so fixing them one by one would take a
tremendous amount of time. But even if I could it wouldn't work (from within
RMS) because if for example dimension 2. which we use for color. had the
color black (attribute) duplicated 5 times as soon as I delete any of the
"extra" black attributes it would actually delete the matrix component items
with the black color attribute.

I would be very interested in seeing your scripts that you used if you don't
mind sharing those.

Microsoft's reply on the sorting issue was that it supports by the ID field
(which is the primary key)  in the MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table even
though there is a DisplayOrder field, which is, of course, a completely
ridiculous explanation. It's really a bug that they don't want to
acknowledge. Why in the world would they provide the up and down arrows to
change the attribute sort order and have the DisplayOrder field if this was
truly the case.

It's really frustrating and I would imagine that there are a lot of RMS
users impacted by this bug (if they have matrix items and upgraded from 1.3
to 2.0)

> [...]
>> attributes.
>>
>> As of yet I've not received answers to several of my questions in regards
>> to the above especially why there is no knowledge base article available
>> about this bug and I'm very surprised that I've not heard more complaints
>> about this issue in this news group (maybe people are not aware that they
>> may have this problem).
>>
>> I've also reported that the attribute display order does not "stick", in
>> other words when you move one of your matrix attributes up or down the
>> list by using the up/down arrows, it will stay there while you are on
>> that screen and ask you to save it before you close the windows, but next
>> time you go back into that matrix the attributes have reverted back to
>> their original sort order.
>>
>> If anybody has any info, suggestions, or solutions to any of the above

0
Alex6724 (221)
1/3/2008 11:56:35 PM
I'm insisting on a fix from MS and I'm going to keep them on their toes.
However, it's ridiculous that I need to spend my valuable time to first
convince them that this is a bug, while they already knew this, and then
spend more time to get them to supply me with a patch and or SQL scripts to
correct this problem.

It appears that MS tells many people that it's very rare for this to happen
and not many customer are affected by this.

I'm also very upset that there is not a KB article related to this issue (as
far as I can tell).

"Goodwill" <Goodwill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> And here are my two cents, Microsoft needs to FIX THIS...  I would be
> interested in what Alex did specifically to fix his problem.  We don't
> even
> use Matrix Items and we are getting the error message, HELP?
>
> "Marc" wrote:
>
>> Just to add my 2 cents and let MS hear from us.
>>
>> I agree about the selective fixes and I am very doubtful that I will
>> renew
>> my maintenance plan this year.
>>
>> Marc
>>

>> "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I actually reported this last February and the hotfix you mentioned does
>> >not fix the problem, it makes the problem easier to fix.
>> > I actually went through the matrix items one by one and fixed them
>> > manually and scripted some of the other fields.. I can also vouch for
>> > the
>> > ongoing sorting issue.
>> >
>> > Microsoft strung me along until they said 7 months later they did not
>> > deem
>> > it worthy to fix as it was extremely rare occurance (whatever). It took
>> > them 7 months to make a hotfix that didn't help much.  it allowed
>> > editing.. whopie..
>> >
>> > This is one of the reasons we terminated our support agreement.  We
>> > only
>> > got on the maintenance plan for the updates/bug fixes and nothing else.
>> > What good is it if they fix what THEY want and not what their customers
>> > are complaining about.
>> >
>> > It's nice to see I'm not alone on this one.
>> >

>> > "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message

0
Alex6724 (221)
1/4/2008 12:01:52 AM
I actually scripted the re-ordering of all of the DisplayOrder fields to
coincide with numerical attributes like shoe sizes when possible and it
still did not work.

I'll see if I saved any of the SQL I used.  If I saved them, I'll post what
I have.  I do recall checking each one manually afterward though. :-(
If I recall correctly most of the SQL I implemented was for filling in
fields that did not get populated, like price, cost, barcodetype, etc..

> [...]
>>> dimension attributes.
>>>
>>> As of yet I've not received answers to several of my questions in
>>> regards to the above especially why there is no knowledge base article
>>> available about this bug and I'm very surprised that I've not heard more
>>> complaints about this issue in this news group (maybe people are not
>>> aware that they may have this problem).
>>>
>>> I've also reported that the attribute display order does not "stick", in
>>> other words when you move one of your matrix attributes up or down the
>>> list by using the up/down arrows, it will stay there while you are on
>>> that screen and ask you to save it before you close the windows, but
>>> next time you go back into that matrix the attributes have reverted back
>>> to their original sort order.
>>>
>>> If anybody has any info, suggestions, or solutions to any of the above

0
anonymous (74719)
1/4/2008 2:01:22 AM
According to MS they use the ID field for the attribute display order
instead of the field that they should have used, which is the DisplayOrder
field in the same table. The attribute record (from the
MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table) with the lowest/smallest ID is the first
attribute to be listed followed by the attribute with the next
lowest/smallest ID etc. They completely goofed on this but, of course,
haven't fixed it yet. That's, most likely, why your setup won't work even
though it should.

MS did provide a script to populate the General Matrix tab from one of the
matrix component items (like tax, price, cost, supplier, department,
category, barcode type etc.). I believe they put it in a KB article but if
you need it and can't find it let me know and I'll see if I can find it and
post it in the NG. Of course this should have been done and included during
the upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0 but.....

> [...]
>>>I actually reported this last February and the hotfix you mentioned does
>>>not fix the problem, it makes the problem easier to fix.
>>> I actually went through the matrix items one by one and fixed them
>>> manually and scripted some of the other fields.. I can also vouch for
>>> the ongoing sorting issue.
>>>
>>> Microsoft strung me along until they said 7 months later they did not
>>> deem it worthy to fix as it was extremely rare occurance (whatever). It
>>> took them 7 months to make a hotfix that didn't help much.  it allowed
>>> editing.. whopie..
>>>
>>> This is one of the reasons we terminated our support agreement.  We only
>>> got on the maintenance plan for the updates/bug fixes and nothing else.
>>> What good is it if they fix what THEY want and not what their customers
>>> are complaining about.
>>>
>>> It's nice to see I'm not alone on this one.

0
Alex6724 (221)

Disabled "Switch Row/Column" when creating chart from a pivot tabl
I have a pivot table where there are week numbers and three different data values pr week. This I want to graph so that the weeks are on the X-axis, the values on the Y-axis and a legend telling which of the three datasets are which. When I create a Line graph the weeks are put as a legend and the X-axis have the three different datasets grouped. This is not what I want. When I go into "the "Select data..." dialog box all the options are disabled. Why is this and how can I get the graph to show the way I want? You will need to pivot your pivot table to move the row fiel...

coupons #2
What sort of coupons do people use and how? I've used non inventory items with negative values for giving money off, is there anything else anybody does with coupons which is automated through RMS? Does anybody know of any addon modules which would be of interest to me? Would love to do date ranged automated coupons, with quite complex options. We just made coupons a tender item. that way we can keep track of many we get in. Doug "Philip Gass" wrote: > What sort of coupons do people use and how? I've used non inventory items > with negative values for giv...

Count records from different table
Not sure if this is even do-able or not. I have a form (lets call it FORM A) that has details information about each Case. Each case can have multiple Collection records. I want text box on FORM A that just tells me the number of Collection records with the same Case number. I tried DCount in a new unbound text box, but i just get '#Error'. Any suggestions? You can use an unbound textbox, and in the form's On Current event open a recordset of the table, then populate the textbox with the recordcount from that recordset. For example, if your other table was called TBL an...

What table is the SOPType lookup table?
I'd like to do a sql join from sop tables and rather then hard code the soptype description such as 2=Order, 3=Invoice, 4=Return, I want the join to return the description by getting it from the sop type lookup table. Can't locate the lookup table. Can someone please send me the lookup table. Thanks. Unfortunatlety there is no lookup table for this information. In the past, I have created my own table to serve as a lookup. The table closest to the information you arer looking for is [SOP40300]. -- Regards Andrew Dean Envisage Software Solutions Pty. Ltd. www.envisa...

Copy Paste Screen Shot in KB Article, CRM 4.0
Is it possible to copy and paste print screens as part of a KB Article in 4.0? I have not been able to get it to work. The place is held, but you can't view the screen shot, and when the record is saved, the file is compressed. Any suggestions as to how I can show screen shots as part of the KB? -- Marty ...

Pivot Table
In a Excel Pivot Table, when we double-click a cell in the Data area, a new sheet is created with the details. What I want to do (I already did it in the past), is when I click a cell in the Row area, several sheets are created (one per value). I have already had this feature in Excel in the past (I think it was an add-on), but I don't remember how to do it again. Thxs,, Pedro Valente I think you mean from the Page field, not the Row field. From the PT Toolbar>dropdown>Show Pages -- Regards Roger Govier "Valente" <pedro.valente.geral@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Yearbook #2
Is it possible using Publisher 2000 to create an easily editable yearbook for a Club? I can see how you could do it in 2003 onwards with the catalogue merge facility but 2000 does not seem to allow merging pictures. Is there any work around please. Tony About the only advice I can suggest is to use one of the built in catalog templates in Publisher 2000; modify it as a yearbook. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message news:_bydnZnDrM51-mnXnZ2dnUVZ7sudnZ2d@brightview.co.uk... > Is it possible using Publishe...

Need 1.3 hotfix
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0063_01C89368.9AD4FA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I had to swap a machine out this weekend. It had 1.3 already on it (not = sure when I put it on) with a level of 1.3.0203. I had a hotfix around = of "Retail1.3-KB918740.EXE". When I tried to install it, I got a = message that indicated the correct base version wasn't found. The other = systems I have running are at 1.3.1006. Does anyone have a hotfix that can put the "0203" ...

Populate a table from another table column
Is there an easy way to fill a column in one table based on what is entered in another table? For example I have a table for a list of raw materials. I want to automatically add those materials to an order guide table, so that any raw material added to the database is automatically on the order guide table. Any Suggestions? Bo Harris wrote: > Is there an easy way to fill a column in one table based on what is > entered in another table? For example I have a table for a list of > raw materials. I want to automatically add those materials to an > order guide table, so that ...

pivot table limitation
Hi, when i tried to generate an excel report. It gives me an error message "Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items. Drag at least one row or column field off the PivotTable report, or to the page position. Alternatively, right-click a field, and then click Hide or Hide Levels on the shortcut menu. Error in generating report. Please contact Administrator!" What can i do with this message? Is this the data volumne limitation for pivot table? Thanks for your help You have hit one of Excel's limitations. For pivot tab...

Error message for data table
I tried to change a data table and now I cannot get the information that was there before or move on I am using a school lab from and everytime I try to reopen Excel it takes me dirrectly to the page with the error. So I need to know how to get it to let me refresh or delete the data table and start over. Hi, I think you need to contact the administrator of the lab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Abigail" <Abigail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C19ED7B6-8EDA-4549-A98D-8C85093C3327@microsoft.com... >I tri...

Beware Loan Amortization report
Yet another report that doesn't do what it says it does... Env: M04 Deluxe. Loan Transaction report set to include transactions from register and to show "Paid from account". Instead of the Paid From account, it shows the loan account name for the loan you are reporting on. How helpful. Does anybody actually test this stuff in any rigorous way? I understand how intermittent hangs and corruption problems and so forth are hard to test for. But that the options in a customize dialog do what they say they do? ...

Calculate field with input from different table
Hi all, I would like to calculate a value of a field in table A via a formula. However, some input for this formula contains a field in table B. To put differently, in table A I would like to set the data type of one field to "calculated" and use a field from table B within the formula. Unfortunately, Access 2007 only offers me all the fields within table A for incorporation in my formula. How can I use a field from a different table for a calculated field in another table? Best, Andreas On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:27:22 -0800 (PST), Andreas <andreas.vester@gmail.com&g...

Create fiscal Year calendar list weeks by #1-52
I am trying to create a fiscal calendar that runs from The first full week of febuary (Sunday to Saturday) through the last full week of January (Sat-Sun) It is OK and preferred to have full weeks, so for example, the first Full week of 2005 would be Jan 30-Feb 5. I would like to create a drop down list to select each week # to enter dates automatically in another worksheet, not sure where to start and no very little vba ...

Can you float a chart or table
want to know if you can "float" a chart or table - have it move down the sheet as you scroll? If so how? -- stones Scrolling doesn't trigger any event, so that won't do, but you can write code to have the chart's "top" property change when you click a cell - would that help? "stones" <stones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41180718-8CB9-4BB0-8292-634A11ED4428@microsoft.com... > want to know if you can "float" a chart or table - have it move down the > sheet as you scroll? If so how? > -- ...

Outgoing SMTP Problem #2
I am experiencing problems sending to certain domains on new Exchange 2003 Server installation running on 2003 Server (PDC and DNS Server). I have had similar problems on the previous setup running Exchange 2000 on 2000 and 2003 Server where outgoing SMTP did not fail over to the next lower priority MX record of the recipient's domain. This was a known issue and a hotfix was available. A test SMTP connection to a recipients primary mail host did in fact fail whereas the third highest accepted mail. Creating an SMTP connector for this domain to that host solved the problem. However...

From temporary table to master table and then join this in junction table
Hello, I have imported two spreadsheets from excel to two temporary tables called "import_tbl_contract" and "import_tbl_products". I do this on daily basis and import many spreadsheets. I end up with these data: [import_tbl_contract] contract_number contract_title start_date end_date [import_tbl_products] product_number product_text price I now append these data to the following two tables: [tbl_contract] contract_id (PK) contract_title start_date end_date e.g. 1; Syringes and needles; 01-01-2010; 31-12-2010 [tbl_products] product_id ...

Excel 2010 Slicer Connection / Pivot Table Problem
Working in Excel 2010 beta. I have two pivot tables created from different SSAS cubes. I have PowerPivot add in installed, but not using it for this project. The two pivot tables both share several similar dimensions. When I try to connect a given slicer to both pivot tables, the 2nd pivot table is not available in the "Pivot Table Connections" window. The only pivot table listed in the "Pivot Table Connections" is the one for which the slicer was originally created. All of the posts I've seen so far say that all the pivot tables in the workbook should appear...

Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. 02-13-05
Hello all, using CRM 1.2 on a win2k3 server we get this error in the application event log: Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event ID: 5895 - Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. Category: none User: n/a Computer: our_exchange_server ooppps, I forgot, of course many thanks in advance for any tip! ...

pivot table with dynamic base data
hiya, im trying to create a pivot table where I can change my base data (inserting or deleting rows of data) and still have this reflected in the pivot table. My solution was to use entire columns as my range for input to the pivotTable, but this means including blank rows which seems to muck up the calculations. I cant think how else i can allow for new rows to be added to the base data anyone got any ideas how to do this? thanks loads for your help! You can use a dynamic range as the source. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html bb wrote: > hiy...

RMS 3.0 #2
i upgraded my service plan last year same time becuase they said rms 3.0 is releasing soon. Should i pay the fee becuase it didn't get me anything. any suggestions? Also rms 2.0 didn't do much except some button in po's and created more problems. i dont think they will be releasing 3.0 anytime soon anyway. Tough call I have heard from a partner that the 3.0 wont be out until endo 2009 but most likely 1st qtr 2010... Dynamics pos is the next release then RMS 3.0...thats on the rumor mill.. take it with a grain of salt. "manoj" wrote: > i upgraded my...

Folding Bar Tables
Drop Leaf Breakfast Bar With Two Stools Price:$159.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0009I5VO8 Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0009I5VO8 Lifetime 22673 72-Inch Round Folding Table, White-Granite, 72 Inch Molded Top Price:$290.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0009OOEUY Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0009OOEUY PTC Home &amp; Garden Folding Bar Table, Black Price:$151.80 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0002V2LGS Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0002V2LGS PTC Home ...

How to Populate a Table based on Entries in Another
I have 2 tables, TBL - Claims & TBL - Transactions. This is a one to many relationship, 1 Claim has many transactions associated with it. The issue arises in the fact that I receive the data feed of the transactions, and need to populate certain fields into the Claims table. The Claims table contains a unique primary key, Claim Number. This number is a field on the data for the transaction. What I am thinking I need to do is a find Duplicate query to return just each unique claim number and then append to claims table. Any info is greatly appreciated. Ed Ed wrote: ...

CRM 3.0 Rollup 1
If you install the CRM Rollup to the server, do you need to immediately install the client version for them to work? ...or do the clients continue to function correctly and I can spread the roll out to the clients out over the next few days? Thanks! ...

BEWARE
Oh, I forgot to add that I had to go back and copy, cut and paste entire web sites to rebuild the sites. The files I had so carefully copied to disk for transfer to the new PC were totally corupted. Don't let this happen to you. Viki ...