Barcode on HTML page.

I am reading the last transaction number and generating a detail description
page with proper style sheet in HTML. I want to display a barcode on the same
page, can any one tell me please how can I do that ?

I am generating the HTML dynamically using VB.Net.

Waiting for your reply

Vicky... :-)
0
Vicky (87)
4/10/2006 9:22:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Google it, you should be able to find what you are looking for.

Rob

"Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am reading the last transaction number and generating a detail
>description
> page with proper style sheet in HTML. I want to display a barcode on the
> same
> page, can any one tell me please how can I do that ?
>
> I am generating the HTML dynamically using VB.Net.
>
> Waiting for your reply
>
> Vicky... :-)

0
Rob
4/11/2006 3:32:42 PM
U mean that I can use a third party component to generate a barcode ?? If I
am not wrong I have to just pass Transaction Number to it... rite ?? Can u
tell me what else is required ??

Waiting for ur reply...

Vicky...:-)

"Rob" wrote:

> Google it, you should be able to find what you are looking for.
>
> Rob
>
> "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am reading the last transaction number and generating a detail
> >description
> > page with proper style sheet in HTML. I want to display a barcode on the
> > same
> > page, can any one tell me please how can I do that ?
> >
> > I am generating the HTML dynamically using VB.Net.
> >
> > Waiting for your reply
> >
> > Vicky... :-)

0
Vicky (87)
4/12/2006 5:23:01 AM
"U mean that I can use a third party component to generate a barcode ?? If I
am not wrong I have to just pass Transaction Number to it... rite ??"
You are right Vicky that is all you should need.

>U mean that I can use a third party component to generate a barcode ?? If I
> am not wrong I have to just pass Transaction Number to it... rite ?? Can u
> tell me what else is required ??
>
> Waiting for ur reply...
>
> Vicky...:-)
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
>> Google it, you should be able to find what you are looking for.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am reading the last transaction number and generating a detail
>> >description
>> > page with proper style sheet in HTML. I want to display a barcode on
>> > the
>> > same
>> > page, can any one tell me please how can I do that ?
>> >
>> > I am generating the HTML dynamically using VB.Net.
>> >
>> > Waiting for your reply
>> >
>> > Vicky... :-)

0
Rob

Conversion from HTML to XML
Hello every body Is there any technique to parse a HTML file for the values in the different attributes with the exception of the HTML tags. Or is there a way to convert HTML to XML. regards ...

Can I print one page landscape and the next page portrait on same.
I am trying to print the 3 pages of one worksheet and can not figure out how to make page one print out as landscape, page 2 to print out as portrait and page 3 to print out as landscape. I'd record a macro when I printed page 1 as landscape, then page 2 as portrait and then page 3 as landscape. So I could just rerun that macro when I needed it. lisajillian wrote: > > I am trying to print the 3 pages of one worksheet and can not figure out how > to make page one print out as landscape, page 2 to print out as portrait and > page 3 to print out as landscape. -- Dave Pet...

Save As HTML
I'm trying to Save As HTML in Excel so I can publish my sheet on a web page but that HTML isn't an option listed on my Save As drop down menu. On the help index it appears that they want me to install that option from the CD but all I get when I try to find any option for Excel is just a checkmark that shows Excel??? I'm lost! I installed Excel from my Office 97 Professional Edition. Any step by step info for this Excel challenged person is appreciated....thanks Tim From memory, I think its just File > Save As Webpage (although I dont know what version that first app...

End of Page command
Is it possible in Excel to stop it from sending an End of Page command I am trying to send single lines of data to an out of room printer and not have the printer start a new page with each line? Does anyone know how I could accomplish that Thanks I don't know how to stop it, but maybe you could accumulate the data into a worksheet and then print that. Or write to a .txt file and then print the .txt file when you're done. wvut51 wrote: > > Is it possible in Excel to stop it from sending an End of Page command? > I am trying to send single lines of data to an out of room...

Publishing Excel 2007 Sheets as Web Pages
I've got two questions regarding publishing Excel sheets as web pages. For the record, I'm using Excel 2007. I have some text in a cell that is aligned 90 degrees from horizontal. When I publish this sheet as a web page, the alignment of the text resorts to normal, horizontal alignment. However, I'm looking to preserve the alignment I had in Excel when I publish the page. Anyone know how to do this? I had seen this same question posted on another site, but no one knew how. Also, when I publish, the viewing area of the sheet extends beyond the viewing area of my screen in my ...

i can't get a publisher 2002 file as the main page on e mail
it becomes distorted when i send it via e mail. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524821033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "ejm" <ejm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90401E76-1332-4311-8D9C-C6F5D591C4FE@microsoft.com... > it becomes distorted when i send it via e mail. ...

Footer on page 1 only
Trying to print a workbook with a custom footer on page one only. Anyone know how to? Hi You need a macro to do this http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <flowry@amgen.com> wrote in message news:8DE457A0-CB8A-4FC1-972A-84012351C19D@microsoft.com... > Trying to print a workbook with a custom footer on page one only. Anyone know how to? Thanks a million Thanks for the macro direction on inserting a footer on page one only. Would you know how to insert multiple line footer via that macro as it will not accept c...

SKU and Barcodes
Hello - we are setting up the database for the first time. Many of our products can have multiple suppliers and therefore have multiple barcodes (even within suppliers). What is the best way for us to do this? In our current software, we have a single entry based on a SKU that has multiple suppliers based on their individual barcodes. Help is appreciated Do the same thing "santa''''s helper" <santashelper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3676311-46BF-4FDE-BCA9-710C8CE6F429@microsoft.com... > Hello - > we are setting up the databas...

Reference to pages in a Multipage Control
Is there any specific way to refer to a page(tab) in a Multipage contro in code? I have: frmSchedDates is the form MultiPage1 is the multipage control pgSched, pgResched, pgRemove are the pages(tabs). As I'm sure you well know, when you start typing in an object name i VBA close ones will pop up. Multipage1 pops up but, the individua pages don't. frmSchedDates.MultiPage1.pgSched doesn't seem to work :( Thanks for your insight. :) Stev -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Try this UserForm1.MultiPage1.Pages.Item = page2 I just put this into the load sub a...

Barcode Printing
We are using a Cognitive Advantage barcode label printer. We are using 1" x 1" labels, two up. My reseller gave us the following code to use for the labels, but the UPC prints fairly small and is sometimes difficult to scan, any suggestions as to how to make the barcode wider or more readable? Also, when we print the labels it only prints on one of the two up - we end up with 50% waste. Any way to get it to use both of the two ups? We use two up 1" x 1" because we need small labels for small items. Thanks in advance. Here's the code we've been using......

Barcode
Hello I am looking for a program that can count the bar code by handheld systems. I want to give discount for our costumer by paying ex. 100$ I give them card with barcode and that will be used for 10 times. So every time they will visit our restaurant and have a meal, then they have to show the barcode card to be read on computer to register the time and make -1 count from the total times he / she had paid. Any hekp please? search on this site, particularly in forms and form code on the key word barcode and you will see alot of good advice. the scanner essentially plays the role of k...

Change Format from booklet to just print each page as is.
I am using power point 2003. I have not used this program very much. I created a 15 page document that prints out like a booklet - which I do not want. I need the program to print it out just as I have typed it - Landscape, with 2 columns/page. How do I change this without re-typing the whole thing? Can someone please help me? Aurora I suspect you've got booklet printing selected in your printer options somewhere. You can look under File | Print, then click the Properties button at the top of the Print dialog. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What...

Use Edit HTML Code Fragment to create link
Hi, I would like to use a .jpg as an anchor for a "return to top of page" bookmark. I have the code and it works, except that I have to use an absolute URL for the image. I need to use a relative URL as this webpage will be published on more that one server. In the img src= "Picture.gif" part of the code I have to use an absolute URL or the image will not show. Is there a way around this? This is what the directions on the MS website say to do. (I had to manipulate the directions a bit to make the .jpg the anchor as opposed to the link.) <a href="#addi...

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text
Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text (ie) just a simple text file, having nothing to do with webpages at the moment ? I will eventually want to apply the text in the simple text file to the source for a web page. -- Joe Miller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29900 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499012 Yes: File > Save As... and specify html -- Gary''s Student "Joe Miller" wrote: > >...

barcode
I want to put a barcode into an address in a letter, can it be done on a mail merge with microsoft word 2004? If so How? It "can" be done, but it's pointless to do so... The Postal Bar Codes in Word are invalid & no longer of any value. USPS changed their specs too frequently for MS to keep up so they just stopped trying:-) Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 10/10/07 11:21 AM, in article 1192029684.997361.67660@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com, "dunnecln@mac.com" <dunnecln@mac.com> wrote: I want to put a barcode into an address in a letter, can ...

Page Setup Not Working
I have a report that is a legal size document and everytime go to page set up and set it to "Legal" - the print preview is always letter. When i got back to page set up it reverts back to letter (even when i save after the change). Any suggestion or thoughs on why this is happening??? "Adam" wrote: > I have a report that is a legal size document and everytime go to page set up > and set it to "Legal" - the print preview is always letter. When i got back > to page set up it reverts back to letter (even when i save after the change). > Any sugg...

how do i get to the back page of a postcard on publisher?
I'm new to using publisher and I picked a postcard as my newest project and I can't get to the other side of it...do i have to make a whole other postcard to do the other side? From the menu bar, select Insert, Page. -- Don Vancouver, USA "rach" <rach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5ADEC20-3C30-4CF4-812D-782E06CDA213@microsoft.com... > I'm new to using publisher and I picked a postcard as my newest project > and I > can't get to the other side of it...do i have to make a whole other > postcard > to do the other side? ...

How to disable annoying help page behaviour
Hi All, How does one go about disabling that wonderful feature of Windows help re - sizing the Excel window so that you end up with a half - half (slightly overlapping) view of the help window and the Excel window ? Win XP SP2, Excel 2000 Thanks, Neil Hi Neil, I wonder who thought that that was good idea? Too much time in a dark room I guess. Anyway, Chip Pearson posted this fix a while back You can fix this "feature" with a registry entry. Run RegEdit, and go to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mic�rosoft\Office\9.0\Common\HelpV�iewer If there is a value named &quo...

Dealing with a barcode scanner
I'm writing a small dialog app that, along with taking keyboard input the "regular" way, also takes input from a USB barcode scanner. The issue is, the barcode data appears as typed-in text (followed by a RETURN) in whatever app has the current focus. The scanner appears as a "HID Keyboard Device" in the Windows Keyboard section. The problem this presents in my app is that the user could be in any one of my text-entry controls when he decides to scan in an object, thus dumping the scanned text into any old text-entry control that happens to have the focus at the mome...

Decoding Outlook's HTML emails?
Does anyone know if its possible to save the HTML (source) of an Exchange/Outlook email to text without having to open the email itself? I have searched for answers to this and am pretty sure it can't be done - but thought I'd post a question just in case. Currently we are manually going through emails recieved on our Exchange server, right clicking and selecting "View source" and then searching for "href" or "src" tags in the HTML code to find the actual links these things are connecting to and then adding these to our spam block lists so we don't g...

Money Home Page "Investment Summary"
I have Money Plus Deluxe and on my home page there is an Investment Summary that has a listing of all the quotations that I get updated online. Is there any way to edit this list? I have investments still listed that I have sold years ago. I am concerned about deleting the investment because I don't want to affect the history. Any suggestion? In microsoft.public.money, SandC wrote: >I have Money Plus Deluxe and on my home page there is an Investment Summary >that has a listing of all the quotations that I get updated online. Is there >any way to edit this list? I have i...

BARCODE ON TRANSFERS #2
HOW CAN I EDIT A TRANSFER OUT/IN TO SHOW EVERY SKU CODE OF THE ITEMS TRANSFERRED. ALSO INSTEAD OF SHOWING COST TO SHOW MY RETAIL PRICE AND A EXTENDED RETAIL PRICE (=QTY TRANSF X PRICE) ORDERED - TO DATE - ISSUED - LOOKUPCODE - BARCODE - DESCRIPTION - PRICE - EXTENDED PRICE THESE ARE THE COLUMNS I WANT A TRANSFER TO SHOW AND PRINT ANY HELP THX DAVI ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,...

Simply Barcoding
We have a client who had been using product IDs as a 12 character (all numerics) number and Selecting UPCA in the bar code selection. After they have entered 1000s of products they have tried to print barcoded labels. However the Symbol 2208 when it scans these labels, is not successfully able to determine the 12th digit. Which is understandable as the UPCA code should have a calculated check sum 12th digit. The question is now what bar code type should be used so that the existing product ID are faithfully reproduced on the labels and by the scanner, even if the 12th digit is non UPCA c...

I can not "send this page as message"
The send this page as message option does not come up under the file/send email menu. I also can not drag it from the tools/customize... menu. Is my software faulty? Live from Idaho <LivefromIdaho@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > The send this page as message option does not come up under the > file/send email menu. I also can not drag it from the > tools/customize... menu. Is my software faulty? Do you have Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express 5 or later set as your default email client? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I do have Outlo...

Linked Excel File Too Long for Page
Linked Excel File runs off page, how do we fix? A linked or embedded object, such as a spreadsheet, cannot exceed the page in Word. However, if you want to link a certain Excel range, you can do the following: In Excel, copy the range; in Word, in the Paste Special dialog box, choose "Paste link" and select "Formatted Text (RTF)" as the paste format. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Kathy J" <Kathy J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A27B3B8C-51AE-4A1F-93E8-D909D42FF841@microsoft.com... > Linked Excel File runs...