Back up and moving data

How do I back up or move my data to my pen drive to see it in my laptop
In Quicksell was as easy as copying and paste .mdb

Sorry just moving to RMS

0
toto4899 (3)
11/29/2005 7:15:59 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

JAL,

More difficult with SQL.

SO Admin | File | Connect | Database | Backup

or

SO Manager | Utilities | Backup Database

You will then need to restore the database to your laptop.  SO Admin | File
| Connect | Database | Delete | Database | Create | Select your backup file
from the device.
--
*
"JAL" <toto@telcel.net.ve> wrote in message
How do I back up or move my data to my pen drive to see it in my laptop
In Quicksell was as easy as copying and paste .mdb

Sorry just moving to RMS

0
spam3944 (2163)
11/29/2005 7:27:38 AM
Hi Jal,

You can perform backup thru Store Ops Manager-Utilities-Backup Database or
at Store Admin-Database-Backup. By doing this, it will prompt you to specify
where you want to save the backup. Yuo can save it straight to your pen
drive or save in local storage and copy paste later. The extension file name
is .bck. You need to restore it to your laptop. I hope I have answered your
question.

"JAL" <toto@telcel.net.ve> wrote in message
> How do I back up or move my data to my pen drive to see it in my laptop
> In Quicksell was as easy as copying and paste .mdb
>
> Sorry just moving to RMS

Exporting Data from VB Flexgrid to Excel
I have a set of records that is displayed in vb MSFlexgrid,i need to export that data in to excel , pls could u find out and i am eagerly witing for ur reply. regards shoeb ...

Rebuild HQ Item Data
I currently messed up with the HQ database. Since I still have an optimized database on my store, I would like to know if it is possible to import item and sales data into my "NEW HQ". I tried to sync it to the "NEW HQ" but RMS would not permit me because the store database is "flagged" to the "OLD HQ" Thanks ...

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Convert Lotus Organizer 6 Data to Outlook 2003
hello NG, i am searching for a solution on how to convert my OR6 data to outlook 2003 and have found until now only the difficult way via a text-file export. this needs the cells to be declared one by one by hand wich is a very unnoying task. isnt' there a different solution? a tool, a filter or something? thanx for any hint, tom Tom H. Lautenbacher <13-jules@gmx.net> wrote: > i am searching for a solution on how to convert my OR6 data to > outlook 2003 and have found until now only the difficult way via a > text-file export. this needs the cells to be declared o...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

Moving Index Fields
I placed an index entry marker at the wrong location. Intuitively, I want to select, cut, and paste the index marker field {XE...}, but Paste fails. I then tried to select, copy, and paste the index marker field {XE...}, but to no avail. I then tried to paste the field into Notepad and Wordpad to see if anything would paste, but I got nothing. Believe it or not, I have even looked in the online Help, but that was not helpful. (The utterly simple and efficient work-around is to re-type the index marker and be done with the issue in 10 seconds, but you know how things ...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

data sort of like
Hi experts I like to have a tabel like this This is one 1 This is two 2 This is someother 5 Text 4 that say a text that is assosiated with a number. Then (some where else in the spreedsheet) I like to have a drop down wther I can choose between ("This is one"; "This is two", "This is..."), and depending on the choosen text I will use the assosiated number in some calculations. Is this possible with Excel? e.g. if in the drop down is in cell A5, and there is choosen "This is Two", and in cell A4 says 55 like to write some ...

data tab inactive
I am trying to goal seek. All my tabs are active, but when I click on the data tab it is not active. Trying to finish a chapter for school. Hi, Watch out if you have grouped all the tabs, or your ctrl + key is enabled at the time of selecting the tabs. -- Click on Yes, if it is useful. Thanks & Best Regards, Dilip Kumar Pandey MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.) dilipandey@yahoo.com dilipandey@gmail.com New Delhi, India "Karen-Ellaville" wrote: > I am trying to goal seek. All my tabs are active, but when I click on the > data tab it is not active. Trying to finish a chapter...

photo side will not move while music is going why
Poerpoint 2007 Have sldie show ready and it works great put in MP3 songs and works great go to test it all and they songs start but the phots will not change every 5 sec What am I missing?? Why will they ot work together? HELP!!! Urgent The photos will not change ...Or the slides will not change? "wolf" <wolf@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: B68EEA13-026F-482F-B718-3D97C37E21CB@microsoft.com... > Poerpoint 2007 > Have sldie show ready and it works great > put in MP3 songs and works great > go to test it all and they songs ...

outlook rules copy instead of moving
when set rule to move message to another folder, it leaves a copy in original folder ...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

Move Inventory Between Warehouses
Hello, We are running GP 10.0. We are in the processes of opening a second warehouse that will act as a distribution center. We have a question for anyone who currently sells and ships out of two seperate warehouses: 1. How are you moving inventory between the two warehouses? We will have to ship inventory from our main production facility to the warehouse. We don't want to transfer the inventory between sites immediately because the inventory will display as qty available before the items are even received at the distribution center warehouse. We have also looked a...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

Adding specific objects based on data...
I am working on a spreadsheet which I currently manually populate with specific objects (colour-coded stars) depending on the respective date that that event occurs on. I want to implement a system whereby if I populate the date column, that excel will place the appropriate object in the appropriate column. I have two columns for the two different types of star. I have one column for everyday from start of June through to the end of February. Does a method exist to implement this? I can't see a (non-macro) way of doing *exactly* what you want, but I've got a compromise work-...

Move Contacts To New Folder
I am new to Outlook 2007. I copied all of my contacts from a prior version of Outlook on another computer and they are now all in a single "contacts" folder. I would like to "split them up" into business contacts and personal contacts. Can I easily copy (or move) them from one folder to another? Yes - make the new folder and then select them and drag them to the new folder. You can select more than one at a time using Shift Click or Ctrl Click. Make sure to set the properties of the new Folder to Contain Contacts! Often in Outlook, less folders is best. The use of...

Upload data into GreatPlains
We are using GP 8 and are soon upgrading to GP 10. Is there a way to upload data into the system? The purchase orders we enter are quite lengthy and I was wondering whether there was a way to automate this process. We also change prices of our retail prices twice a year depending on whether the Euro has changed much. It would be nice to be able to upload these price changes. Thanks Angie Hi Angie, Please drop a email to discuss about custom PO automation solution. Regards, nj.tech@hotmail.com "Angie" wrote: > We are using GP 8 and are soon upgrading to GP 10. Is...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

Outlook Data files???
When I click on File-> Open-> Outlook Data File..., there are no files shown. Shouldn't there be a/some pst files here? It depends on whether you have created .pst files in the default location or some other location. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jackson asked: | When I click on File-> Open-> Outlook Data File..., there are no fi...

Adding conditional data from 2 separate columns
Hello! Hope someone out there can help, Ive fallen and I cant get up! Basically, I am trying to write a formula that reads something like this: If ('data' from 'worksheet a'! column E4:E695 is "X" AND 'data' from 'worksheet a'! column F4:F695 is "Y") then add them up in a certain cell on a different worksheet. So, If I have 10 instances in worksheet a column e is X and in column f is Y, it should add up to 10. I hope this makes sense. I tried using the COUNTIF function, but cant seem to get it right. FWIW, I didnt write the program, ...

Cannot move focus away from CComboBox
I have a simple dialog box containing a combo box and and a list box control. The combo box contains a number of items, e.g. Item 1, Item 2, Item 3 etc. The list box on the other hand contains the sub-items of the items in the combo box. So for example, if "Item 1" in the combo box is selected, then the list box will display "Item 1 - Sub item 1", "Item 1 - Sub item 2", and so on. The problem I am having at the moment is when the dialog comes up (in the OnInitDialog() function), I set the content of the combo box to equal to what the user has selected from anothe...

Backing up Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02AC_01CAFAC7.03F51630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am able to back up all my e-mails and settings except my Contacts, which has all my friends and family e-mail address. Can anyone tell me how to back up my contacts in Outlook 2003? I would appreciate it if you could CC my e-mail address as well as the newsgroups. Thank You. ______________ David C. Stevens 14 Broadview Avenue Berlin, New Jersey 08009-1618 E-Mail : dcms61@verizon.net and/o...

Access dB_MSCRM data and Get filteredfieldname
In CRM 3.0 I have attached the NAME_MSCRM data to excel however when I open the data drop down windows all the available fields start with filteredxxxxxxxxxxxx, with xxxxxxxxxxx being account, address(1) etc… so its giving me the field names with “filtered” on the front. What/Why is this and how can I see/access the data as I did in 1.2 -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM CRM 3.0 uses views to enforce data security. These views are all prepended with the word Filtered. Using these views will make sure that CRM users only see records they have permission to se...

SBS4.5 crashed a while back!!
We have been asked to get involved with retrieving some emails from a EDB backup. The situation is: Server was SBS4.5 running Exchange 5.5. We have the PRIV.EDB and PUB.EDB, but we do not know what the site, organisation names etc. were. Are there any tools that can extract this information for us - we are hoping (and praying!!) to be able to install Exchange 5.5. with the correct details and then restore the EDB files and do a isinteg -patch and see if that gets us going. Any advice greatly appreciated. There are a few pre-requists here. Org name, Site name and Service pack level for...