Auto Increment Lookup codes

I am curious if there is a way to customize data entry so that lookup codes
are randomly (and obivously uniquely) generated for us.  It could be as
simple as creating GUIDS or using the row ID for the lookup code.  I could
use a bit of guidance on how to customize data entry in such a way.
0
mhodgdon (10)
12/20/2006 2:25:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

IF and LOOKUP Problems
I am having 1 major problem currently, and will have another problem potentially in the near future. In the last tab "Weekly Time Sheet", I have created a pivot table, which works to perfection. I have also created in Column A a description for each of the codes given in the pivot table. This description is pulled from a range that has been created in N18:O76. However, the problem is, I can't seem to figure out how to have a blank cell show up if there is not a code given in column B. There is no guarantee that I will work on the same projects on a weekly basis. Is there a w...

Complex Lookup in Excel for values not in same row/column
Is there any way to do a lookup in excel that returns a value in the same relevant place for the lookup value?? For instance can you do a lookup that takes a value and returns a value that is 2 cells over and 2 down from the value?? I get a report that has data in two columns, each group of data is 2 columns and 6 rows (12 total cells) A social security number is the 2nd cell down in the first row and that needs to be my lookup value. I need to merge it with other valuse and get it into access so I would like for the whole set of data to be linear? Any suggestions? Use =MATCH() to find t...

Auto-Calculate

Common code DB (MDA/MDE)
I'm currently workling in a middle office environment, and I've created multiple databases for various groups, and I dislike the idea of copying code into each DB, since much of the code is generic/ wrapped modules that can be reused, I wanted to cut down on the code redundancy and consolidate in a single MDE/MDA. Are there any good references, or does anyone have any good pointers? James Igoe http://code.comparative-advantage.com/ <james.igoe@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:1191518291.004259.217710@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > > I'm currently workli...

auto copy self

Help me understand this code
Hi everyone, A coworker came to me with an Excel sheet with dropdown controls on it She wanted the dropdown control to not be visible when the sheet i printed, while the selected data in the dropdown still be printed. Eas enough, I thought, just gotta change the combobox properties. Turns out it wasn't quite that easy. The dropdowns seem to be create with something that vaguely resembles XML, but isn't quite that either. As far as I can tell, this is the code that creates th dropdown: Code ------------------- <v:shape id="_x0000_s1186" type="#_x0000_t201&quo...

How to lookup when range contains multiple identical entries?
Here's a simple example of what I'm trying to do on a larger scale. I have a raw list of data as below. I rank them elsewhere and then I use a lookup function to find match the country to the value. The problem is that when I do a lookup on "10" it gives me Egypt every time because it is the first match that it finds. How do I get it to skip Egypt the next time "10" appears and to show UK, and then Russia, etc Example: China 25 Egypt 10 UK 10 Germany 80 Russia 10 Spain 20 Italy 5 ...

Zebra 2844 printer installed, just printing the label code instruc
Hi Folks, I just installed the lp2844 and I am just testing it with the default zebra.lbl. Although I will use 2" instead of 4 inch I just wanted to test. The printer is printing out the actual text of the zebra.lbl instead of processing the instructions. Now I did a default install of the printer and am using the windows driver. Is this the mistake? Thanks Kevin Hi Kevin - my understanding is the zebra.lbl template uses a generic text printer driver, not the windows driver - try testing the avery templates, these should work fine on windows drivers if that's what you...

Auto correct or Auto complete

No Attachment Warning
I had this code in Outlook 2003 it warned me when I sent email without attachment if it found the word attached in the email. It doesn't work in Outlook 2007, please help. Thanks. Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim lngres As Long If InStr(1, Item.Body, "attach") <> 0 Then If Item.Attachments.Count = 0 Then lngres = MsgBox(" Found 'Attach' in message, but no attachment found - send anyway?", _ vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2 + vbQuestion, "You asked me to warn you...") If lngres = vbNo Th...

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Campaign code
We have made a change to the pick list in Campaign response and now receive an error when we try and access it. It works once then generates an error Is there anyway to access it again? -- mike ...

How to code <A> target attribute

Auto date

Auto-Alphabetize

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...