Authorizing checks with RMS

I recently removed PCCharge and setup my syetm to work with a preferred
merchant provider to allow native processing of credit & debit cards. Since
check verification/authorization was handled by PCCharge to Telecheck, check
authorization is now not being done.

How is check authorization  accomplished using a preferred provider?

Thanks,
Richard
0
Richard853 (481)
12/19/2005 7:15:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Unfortunately, it's not.  PC Charge is the only option for check processing
in RMS as far as I know.  TPI or some other vendor may support it through an
add-in, but RMS as shipped has no way of doing both checks and debit...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently removed PCCharge and setup my syetm to work with a preferred
> merchant provider to allow native processing of credit & debit cards.
> Since
> check verification/authorization was handled by PCCharge to Telecheck,
> check
> authorization is now not being done.
>
> How is check authorization  accomplished using a preferred provider?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

0
glenn9672 (1267)
12/19/2005 7:27:17 PM
TPI Software
www.tpisoft.com
There RMS plug-in is $150.00, they support Vital, First Data, Concord EFS,
Global and many others.
Global provides a Check Guarantee service.

Rob

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Unfortunately, it's not.  PC Charge is the only option for check processing
> in RMS as far as I know.  TPI or some other vendor may support it through an
> add-in, but RMS as shipped has no way of doing both checks and debit...

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently removed PCCharge and setup my syetm to work with a preferred
> > merchant provider to allow native processing of credit & debit cards.
> > Since
> > check verification/authorization was handled by PCCharge to Telecheck,
> > check
> > authorization is now not being done.
> >
> > How is check authorization  accomplished using a preferred provider?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Richard

0
rob242 (534)

check number > 10000
I have a checking account where my check numbers recently went over the 10000 mark and my credit union told me that the OFX format only goes up to 9999 so they start over at check number 1. I find it hard to believe that this could really be true. Anyone else run into this and have a better solution? Would another bank not have this issue? I use Money 2004 and it allows me to enter check numbers over 10000, but when I download my transactions from my Credit union it knows enough to match the check up correctly (IE: Credit union check number 10 match my entry of 10010) but when I accept ...

Check out these internet update
--qoimijfkxalr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ffnxooeklggooqjj"; type="multipart/alternative" --ffnxooeklggooqjj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lttjxmdy" --lttjxmdy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulnerabil...

check my personal address book first?
When Outlook checks addressees when I generate an email, I would like it to check my personal address book before the company address book. How do I configure it to do that. You need to clarify your post. Outlook has not used a Personal Address Book for over a decade, so I suspect you mean something else. Try to be more accurate in telling us what you do mean. Include your Outlook version whenever you post a question here. Also include your mail account type(s). -- Russ Valentine "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52C26A25-D9D8-4053-...

Spell Check #28
When I reply to an email, my Outlook 2003 spell check scans the previous senders email for misspelled words. Can I just limit it to check my reply only? I already tried the following without success: Tools Options Spelling Tab Ignore Original Message Text in Reply of Forward Thanks It depends on how you are quoting the message to which you are replying. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, yojerkyboy asked: | W...

Duplicate charges using RMS -> PCCharge
We are using PCCharge Payment Server 5.7.1 F, installed on a server machine. We have two RMS POS workstations. We have configured our EDC settings to point to PCCharge on that server. Over the weekend, we discovered that there were several transactions duplicated in PCCharge. They had the same TroutD, and initially they looked like they had the same authorization code. Using a utility program given to me by PCCharge support, I looked at the raw batch data, and saw that the duplicates were sent within 1 - 2 seconds of each other. They had the same TroutD, but they did have different (sequ...

Bank Rec void check date s/b same as GL void date
When voiding a check in the payables management module and the Void date and Posting date are changed from the original check date, Bank reconciliation should recognize that void date instead of the original check date as the voided date. Please refer to Knowledgebase Article 857704 to see how Ban Rec handles the date of a void check. If a check is voided in Payables Mgmt on a different date than the original date, and bank rec uses the original date trying to reconcile to the general ledger is a problem because the adjusted bank book balance is different than the GL balance becuase th...

must have more than one check in que to print
Microsoft money will not show that just one check is to be printed. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks in advance!! Gejage@aol.com See other thread you also poked into. The answer posted in the other thread (twice now?) may work for you. "Gejage" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082801c3ce23$56e26280$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Microsoft money will not show that just one check is to be > printed. Is there a way to correct this? ...

RMS databases show synchronized, but 0 worksheets process
During a recent data upload from RMS to HQ, we showed a ref msg 36603, then 2147024882 ' not enough storage available to complete operation'... error occurred while attempting to process worksheet at HQ...' ever since then, even after rebooting servers, we get the following msg: 'local and HQ databases are synchronized. Number of worksheets to process 0' does anyone have any suggestions? -- Robert Gross The 401 failed - have you created a new 401 for the store in HQ yet? This sounds like there are no approved worksheets waiting for that store. -- Glenn Adams Ti...

Check Printing #10
I'm using Money 2005 and have bought blank check stock---can I print a batch of checks with our name, address, bank info, etc to use to fill out by hand??? I've run through the users guide, but it sounds like to me that we can print checks from the computer that we want to send out--but, that's not what we want to do, we want to write them out ourselves, but print the checks ourselves instead of ordering from the bank. Thanks, Darlene See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=39. "Novelmom" <Novelmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:121CCBC1-4E68-4...

How to check why emails are not getting to particular domain?
How could i check why emails from my exchange server is not being received by a particular domain.? On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:25:01 -0800, RonaldDaven <RonaldDaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How could i check why emails from my exchange server is not being received by >a particular domain.? If you're not getting a NDR then it's up to their admin folks to figure that out. If you /are/ getting a NDR the reason's in there. --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP Thank You. This is more of a theoretical question. I am not getting a bounce back a...

Check for last record
I have a form with a subform and I would like to check for the last record I tryed If Me.CurrentRecord = Me.Recordset.RecordCount but it only brings back what is curently in the sub form. I would like to check all the recrods. How would i do that? Not exactly sure what you're looking for, but maybe Recordset.AbsolutePosition would work in place of Me.CurrentRecord hth -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work." -Thomas Edison (1847-1931) "Jeff" wrote: ...

Check Duplicate with VBA
Dear all, Can I do check duplicate using VBA when user enter data in a certain field? If the data that tuser entered was already in the system, give a message 'Duplicate data' and the user have to enter a new data. Thank you in advance. KT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200711/1 Use the control's BeforeUpdate event to check your table's data (code sample below assumes the field is a numeric data type): Private Sub NameOfTextbox_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If DCount("*", "NameOfY...

Remittance Check Number on PM History Records
Currently you can't print a history report that will show you what was included on a remittance or check stub from a check that has already been posted and moved to history. If the PM30200 table had a column that showed the Remittance Check Number for every record, then we could print history remittance report. Some customers are trying to print a report at the end of each month to give to their vendors that show all the checks that were paid to them and the detail of what was on each check. If you had a invoice and credit memo for the same amount and applied to each other, there...

Big Ask? Loading UserForms and then using the Check Box
I am very new to VBA and am trying to do the following, I have created the Userform and check boxes but that is as far as i can go. When a ceratin a cell e.g A1 goes to = red then a userform will pop up with a list of check boxes e.g Nexus, G2, Swift, Crest if Nexus and Crest check box is ticked then the word nexus will appear A2 and Crest in A3. Or if G2 and Swift were checked then G2 would be in cell A2 and Swift in cell C3. Many Thanks Changing the format of a cell isn't enough to make excel notice the change. But you could tie showing your userform to a change in a column (or...

RMS shipping function
Why doesn't the POS screen calulate sales tax on shipping charges? We have always used a seperate line item call Freight - UPC code -> F When you used it as a seperate line item the POS does calculate the tax at our states going rate. We wanted to start using the shift F1 feature because we added the prrduct weight to all our items in the Manager Program and we going to intergrate our RMS data base to our new WEB shopping site and weights must be loaded so the WEB shopping cart can calculate shipping when the WEB customer buys something from us. Moe Moe, Not all states/countries c...

RMS 2.0 Headquartner Client Licence Question vs old Dongle on HQ R
Hello, We are moving from RMS 1.2 to RMS 2.0, I have notice the RMS 2.0 the license is registers at the store level vs. the dongle being use at the HQ RMS Server level for all the store. I don't see any registeration process for the RMS HQ Server since the HQ Client has the individual license now. Is this correct? Ed you should have a separate SO license for each lane that runs POS, and an HQ license for each store for the HQClient to upload to HQ. "Ed" wrote: > Hello, > > We are moving from RMS 1.2 to RMS 2.0, I have notice the RMS 2.0 the > license i...

3rd party product for reconciling checks
We are on GP 10 and I have a question. We just began receiving our cleared checks from Chase bank in a file and I was wondering is there any way we can automatically import into GP directly to clear all the checks in this file. Is there a 3rd party product involved? Any input would be greatly appreciated. We have about 4,000 employees so this is a tiresome task for someone to do . THanks Barb BK, You can always look into Microsoft Dynamics GP's Electronic Reconcile, a part of the Electronic Banking suite. There are a few third parties out there: - Advanced Bank Reconciliatio...

ap credit memos related to checks on historical reports
we modified our check stub so that fully applied credit memos and the original unapplied invoice amounts appear on checks stubs. good so far. now we'd like to be able to run reports after-the-fact showing this same relationship between check, fully applied credit memo, and fully applied invoice. is this possible? Is there a table that contains the linkage between the applied credit memo and the check we placed it on? I'm beginning to suspect there is no direct link between check and credit memo, and we must use the apply date as a proxy for this link, however doing so would...

Money Essentials to balance checking account
I know this is a stupid question. But, I can't figure out how to start using ME to balance my checkbook. I've downloaded my checking account from my bank to ME. Now, how do I start to balance the account? It shows everything as being cleared. On my old computer I used Money 2003! I can't figure how to get started. tia The Money Essentials (MEss) model is that since all the data came directly from the bank there is nothing to balance. You are seeing the account from the bank's perspective. The MEss model is that there is no other perpective. All it thinks you need...

Checking for Ghost Cleanup Job Status
I have a HEAP with 500 million rows in SQLServer 2005 - Standard Edition - SP2 (I know!). The table keeps growing and even though I've deleted 50million+ rows WITH TABLOCK this hasn't reclaimed any of the space ... These are still marked as Ghost records in dm_db_index_physical_stats (DB_ID() ,,,,'DETAILED'). Can anyone advise on the Ghost Cleanup Job ... I've checked for Trace 661 and it shold be running. I'm in a catch 22 ... want to add a Clustered Index, but need to free up some space to enable me to do this and the longer this goes on the less disk...

Color Checking
Hi, I have a sheet that had different cell background colors for different status. This coloring is done manually. Is there a way for me to create text based on the cell color? For example, in a new column I would type: B1 = if(color(A1) = Red, 'Inactive', if(Color(A1)=Yellow,'Tentative', if(Color(A1)=Green,'Active'))) I guess the color names could also be a numerical value. Thank you. You have to use VBA to get at color properties; see www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Jerry Dragon wrote: > Hi, > > I have a sheet that had different cell back...

checking for values in a row
Hi, I have the word "yes" in cells A2:A20. I want A1 to get flashed by changing its value to say 'alert' the time any value in cell A2:A20 gets changed to anything other than "yes". I tried if(A2:A20<>'yes',"alert") it doesnot work. it seems to check only the value of the cell in A20. Thanks in advance Amag One way (and I am sure there will be others <g>): =IF(COUNTIF(A2:A20,"yes")<19,"Alert","") Regards Rowan amitntu@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have the word "yes" in cells A...

Check the critical patch
--fbdrugpremyh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="thxxcvraafmkd"; type="multipart/alternative" --thxxcvraafmkd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jjbdzxbutzqiqexz" --jjbdzxbutzqiqexz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Instal...

check box formatting #3
How do I increase the size of a check box in Excel? I inserted a check box from the form toolbars, but it's so small I can barely read it. If someone could tell me how to increase the size of the check box, I would really appreciate it. Thanks. ...

Outlook Express & Spell Check
When creating and sending a email, my O.E. will not spell check the email. I keep getting an error message that reads "An error occurred while the spelling was being checked". I've checked all of my settings with O.E. and as far as I can tell the approp. areas have been selected for spell check. Can some please advise. Thanks Vicki This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wind...