Authorizing checks with RMS

I recently removed PCCharge and setup my syetm to work with a preferred
merchant provider to allow native processing of credit & debit cards. Since
check verification/authorization was handled by PCCharge to Telecheck, check
authorization is now not being done.

How is check authorization  accomplished using a preferred provider?

Thanks,
Richard
0
Richard853 (481)
12/19/2005 7:15:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Unfortunately, it's not.  PC Charge is the only option for check processing
in RMS as far as I know.  TPI or some other vendor may support it through an
add-in, but RMS as shipped has no way of doing both checks and debit...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently removed PCCharge and setup my syetm to work with a preferred
> merchant provider to allow native processing of credit & debit cards.
> Since
> check verification/authorization was handled by PCCharge to Telecheck,
> check
> authorization is now not being done.
>
> How is check authorization  accomplished using a preferred provider?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

0
glenn9672 (1267)
12/19/2005 7:27:17 PM
TPI Software
www.tpisoft.com
There RMS plug-in is $150.00, they support Vital, First Data, Concord EFS,
Global and many others.
Global provides a Check Guarantee service.

Rob

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Unfortunately, it's not.  PC Charge is the only option for check processing
> in RMS as far as I know.  TPI or some other vendor may support it through an
> add-in, but RMS as shipped has no way of doing both checks and debit...

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently removed PCCharge and setup my syetm to work with a preferred
> > merchant provider to allow native processing of credit & debit cards.
> > Since
> > check verification/authorization was handled by PCCharge to Telecheck,
> > check
> > authorization is now not being done.
> >
> > How is check authorization  accomplished using a preferred provider?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Richard

0
rob242 (534)

Can I Manually Check/UnCheck Boxes in Report View And Have Them Stay?
Access 2007. I've created a report based on a query and in Report Design View I added some check boxes that I'd like to manually "check" and "uncheck" as the situation warrants. Well when I get to Print Preview, none of the checks that I made show up. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your assistance (B^>)-]=[ Unless the check boxes are bound to fields in the report's RecordSet, I'm afraid you can't do this. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "WSR" ...

Author of event
On a group calendar, is it possible to find out who made an entry? -- Ferret Mom PK;110394 Wrote: > On a group calendar, is it possible to find out who made an entry? Add the Organizer field to a table view. The Field Chooser will enable you to do that. -- tillman1952 Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Check Boxes #3
Excel 200. I have 4 Forms on different sheets. Various cells are link with auto updates from main front form, useing formulas such as =IF('Ophthalmologist Copy'!$N$13="","",'Ophthalmologist Copy'!$N$13). I use some check boxes on the front form. How do I get the corresponding Check boxes on the other forms to update automatically??. I do not want to have to go to each one and check them manually. Link them to the cells, via Properties of the checkbox. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "vknight" <vknig...

Unable to go into check book under Great Plains
hello to all, I was wondering if you could help me with little issue that I am having with Great Plains. The problem is that we are trying to access our check book and it is showing as if somebody is in already which is not the case. How do I know? I know it because there are no rows under activity table fo any extra users. select * from Activity with (nolock) We also have problems running batch recovery. When batch recovery is executed great plains client simple locks up. Can you please help. Thanks Dude, Dude, Sounds like some users have crashed out of GP and you might still have ...

RMS during sql 2005 upgrade
Hello. We are getting ready to do our sql 2005 upgrade and wanted to know if the RMS application would be able to stay active (meaning our bookstore can sell items, etc.) while we are upgrading the database ? We need to be sure that the db is in the offline mode until the end of the day when we do our end of day procedures. We are thinking that the end of day procedures synch with the database at that point. If anyone else has done this or has the information I'm looking for, please help us out. Thank you, -- Elizabeth ...

checking OS
How do I check what OS a computer is running using VC++ 6.0 ? Look at GetVersionEx. ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com for all the bells and whistles check out http://www.naughter.com/dtwinver.html Ian. ...

Audit Trail and Check Links caused SOP Invoices to be deleted
We had implemented audit trail for a client and it was running fine. We ran in to some performance issues when they tried to post 100+ invoices and we were auditing SOP10100 and SOP10200 so we decided to stop auditing those tables. Someone a couple hours tried to print a pick ticket and got the following error: A SAVE OPERATION ON TABLE 'SOP_HDR_WORK' (45) I went to the MS Knowledge base on partenrsource and found ArticleID 931648 CAUSE This problem occurs if a Sales Order Processing table contains damaged or duplicate records. RESOLUTION Run the Check Links procedure We ran it...

How do I stop author from showing on meetings
I copied my .pst files from my old laptop that was using Outlook 2003 to my new laptop with Outlook 2007. The calendar entries in 2007 all show my name in the subject line of all meetings. How do I eliminate it? Is that the only thing showing in the subject line? Or it is appended to the subject? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, kdinco asked: | I copied my .pst files from my old l...

RMS HQ Client update utility
RMS HQ Client update utility will not install. I get the following error: Product: Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Client -- Error 1309.Error reading from file: C:\Software\program files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters Client\CapiCom.dll. System error 3. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks, Scott Emick Are you trying to install on Win2K ? If so, follow the install through as far as it goes and then open a DOS window. Change to the Headquarters Client folder and run the following: regsvr32 CapiCom....

Check links -item master
Hi there, Is there a way to set the record count in item master to the the real count of existing items in the database when you are going to do a Check link for Inventory|item master?. It keeps a complete list of items including those I have previously deleted. Working on GP10 Built 1319, SQL2008 SP2. Any help would be appreciated -- Gilberto Villegas IT Plus Inc. GP Business Solutions partner Not sure what you are asking. However, check links will cycle through all existing records. It cannot cycle through what you have previously deleted, unless you are keeping history of such i...

Check this correction package
--zhrncaydvppbupomk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gsvkdwntdacbwbfcp"; type="multipart/alternative" --gsvkdwntdacbwbfcp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="oqejjsfk" --oqejjsfk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now...

You are not authorized to view this page
I have just one user that has this problem. They put in the login credentials, and then after several attempts get the page "You are not authorized to view this page". This person has been accessing this site for a long time now with no problems. what is causing this? Thanks I don't know. But problems like this are always caused by something that changed. Somewhere something changed. What changed? (I feel you know this, but I thought I would help remember this). --rms www.rmschneider.com JohnB wrote: > I have just one user that has t...

Cannot add a "Corporate Author" as the "Book Author" in a "Book Se
s the above possible as there is no tick box for a corporate author as there is with the primary author, the details i wish to enter are as follows: Author: Watkins J Title: The Beginings of Engineering Book Author: American Society of Civil Engineers Book Title: The Civil Engineer: His Origins ....etc However, when entering this the author appears as Engineers, A S. Is there a way around this problem? Thanks in advance. ...

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat scheduled for May 7 #2
On Thursday, May 7th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) team will host a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT. In this chat, our experts will take questions on Service Pack 3 for Microsoft Dynamics RMS. If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site appro...

original text spell checked
running exchange 2000\sp3 with outlook 2000\sp2 clients. Mail format set to html, use word to edit html and rich text messages is checked. along with the option to ignore original message text in reply or forward on the spelling tab. We are still having the original text spell checked even though our options are set to not do this. Am I missing something? thanks, ...

Spell Check Error OL 2003
Has anyone seen or heard of any problems with spell checker in Outlook 2003? ...

authorizing a sale of an item.
there are items in my store that I want to authorize the sale off. For example if a customer has 10 items that are regular items and one item that I don't want to be sold without my authorization. Instead of training my cashiers which are the items that I don't want to be sold without my authorization I want the RMS not allow the sale of that specific item and ask for an authorization. Can you help? HI Hayk, its again Akber, I belive such thing is not available right now, you are talking about workflow where authorization has passed and then you can move one. but you can do ...

writing checks
Is it possible to have your signature printed on your check as a default option. ...

How to check how big should be static to fit given text?
I need to place some text into static control (using SetWindowText), sometimes it will be few words, but sometimes it will be few lines of text. I want to check how big should be static to fit given text. I want to set static size, and whole window size to fit this text into static. I need something like LineFromChar from CEdit. "Tomasz Pyra" <hellfire@spam.spam.spam> wrote in message news:dc2d0k$bpa$1@korweta.task.gda.pl... > I need to place some text into static control (using SetWindowText), > sometimes it will be few words, but sometimes it will be few lines of t...

Outlook subject spelling check
I have office 2003 and set my default lenguaje to spanish, but the check spell ALWAYS chek the subject in english and the rest of the document in spanish, and i have try for a few days, and i havent found a way to chenge this. Can any one help me. best regards AV What native language is Office? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, avalera@gmail.com asked: | I have office 2003 and set my default lenguaje to spanish, b...

Check authorization
We had a bad check passed to us the other day. The police are asking for the driver's license information that we entered in our system - is there a way to recall that information? Thank you. -- Kris If you go to journals and lookup the receipt then select tender option in the properties, it should show it all to you. -- Jenny "Kris" wrote: > We had a bad check passed to us the other day. The police are asking for the > driver's license information that we entered in our system - is there a way > to recall that information? Thank you. > -- > Kri...

Certification Authority
We installed win2003 advanced server with exchange 2003 enterprise. Then for the purpose of authenticating the clients with the server and encrypting all emails, we installed also the MICROSOFT certificate authority. The first time any of our email user connects to the server, automatically requests a new certificate (generated by our server) and so far everything works fine. The server generates the certificate which the user installs in his machine and from that moment he can sign his emails with that certificate and later on he can start encrypting his emails. The only thing is that...

Print outstanding check report with other bank rec reports.
Most of my clients forget to print the outstanding check report before pressing the reconcile button in the Bank Rec module. It would be very helpful if it printed with the other reports when reconciling the bank book. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

us payroll
After performing the 2005 year end user tried to do her checks in her payroll batch and it said :"another user is performing a check run, checks cannot be calculated." She has recreated her batch and still receives this error. ------=_NextPart_0001_3CD20887 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Jason, My name is Jen and I will be assisting you with your US Payroll Year End question. I understand you are after completing the year end process a user is getting the "another user is performing a check run, checks cannot be calculated." messag...

Payroll Posting reports prior to Printing and Posting Checks
Our client would like to get sum summary edit reports prior to printing and posting checks. --Review deduction totals --review tax totals for federal, state,local etc. Any suggestions would be helpful. Contact Integrity Data (www.integrity-data.com). They have a product that includes these reports. You won't be able to tell from the module descriptions so make sure you contact them. I think the reports are part of the Payroll to Payables integration but I can't remember. -- Charles Allen, MVP "kmeyer" wrote: > Our client would like to get sum summary edit re...