Assembly Item and Departments

We have a golf pro shop in which we have assembly items containing greens
fees and cart fees together.  But we would like for this assembly item, not
the individual items, to show up in particular Department (i.e. Greens Fees)
from the Departments Menu from the Store Ops screen.

The only thing I can see is adding the individual component items to the
department and have them showing up individually.  I didn't know if there was
something I was overlooking which would allow us to do this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Also, any other ideas of how
to accomplish this Kit or Assembly within the Departments menu would also be
welcome (we don't care about inventory on these items as they're
non-inventory).

Thanks!
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Forgive me if I oversimplify this one...

At present you have two non-inventory items:
GREENFEE
CARTFEE

And an assembly item CART+GREENFEE

You want the assembly to show up in only one dept, but the components are in
two different depts.  Right?

Oversimple suggestion: create a new non-inventory item CART/GREEN PKG and
stop using the assembly item altogether.

Am I missing something?

Tom

"Zach Hoffman" wrote:

> We have a golf pro shop in which we have assembly items containing greens
> fees and cart fees together.  But we would like for this assembly item, not
> the individual items, to show up in particular Department (i.e. Greens Fees)
> from the Departments Menu from the Store Ops screen.
>
> The only thing I can see is adding the individual component items to the
> department and have them showing up individually.  I didn't know if there was
> something I was overlooking which would allow us to do this.
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Also, any other ideas of how
> to accomplish this Kit or Assembly within the Departments menu would also be
> welcome (we don't care about inventory on these items as they're
> non-inventory).
>
> Thanks!
0
tomg1 (230)
5/4/2006 10:10:02 PM
I apologize, I probably didn't explain it well enough :)

We have several items for Greens Fees (9 hole, 18 hole, whether their
weekday or weekend, etc.).  We also have the same for Cart Fees (9 hole, 18
hole, whether their weekday or weekend, etc.).  They are actually all under
the same department Greens Fees.

However, on the actual "Store Operations POS" we hav e the "Touchscreen
Keyboard" enabled because we have touchscreen monitors.  And on there you
have menus you can go into such as "Departments" allowing you to quickly find
items without having to do a lookup.  This "Departments" menu is populated
based on the department chosen on the individual items.

But, with an assembly item, it doesn't have an option to show the actual
assembly item on this screen as far as I can tell and that's what I'm trying
to determine if is possible.  The individual items show up just fine and I
need them individually as well as the assembly since sometimes someone may
walk the course and not need the Cart Fee item, or there may be two people
and we pick the assembly for the first one, and only the greens fee for the
second one.

Let me know if this makes sense or not.  Again, I apologize for the
confusing verbiage.

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> Forgive me if I oversimplify this one...
>
> At present you have two non-inventory items:
> GREENFEE
> CARTFEE
>
> And an assembly item CART+GREENFEE
>
> You want the assembly to show up in only one dept, but the components are in
> two different depts.  Right?
>
> Oversimple suggestion: create a new non-inventory item CART/GREEN PKG and
> stop using the assembly item altogether.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Tom
>

> "Zach Hoffman" wrote:
>
> > We have a golf pro shop in which we have assembly items containing greens
> > fees and cart fees together.  But we would like for this assembly item, not
> > the individual items, to show up in particular Department (i.e. Greens Fees)
> > from the Departments Menu from the Store Ops screen.
> >
> > The only thing I can see is adding the individual component items to the
> > department and have them showing up individually.  I didn't know if there was
> > something I was overlooking which would allow us to do this.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Also, any other ideas of how
> > to accomplish this Kit or Assembly within the Departments menu would also be
> > welcome (we don't care about inventory on these items as they're
> > non-inventory).
> >
> > Thanks!

Opening file from an item loses Word document properties
Hello, I have just discovered that when you double-click a Word file attached to an appointment item (although I imagine it will be the same for other items too), Outlook does not open the actual file, but takes a copy and puts it in the temp folder and opens that. This is a pain as it mucks up some of the automation coding I have done, but what's worse is that the copy doesn't seem to have the custom properties I have set. Is there any way of forcing Outlook to open the original, instead of a copy? Failing that, any ideas why the custom document property would have been lost...

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

Assembly
Hi We assemble units in GP (our units is under warranty) sometimes they come back often we only need to change certain items inside the unit - what would the procedure on GP be for doing this - "dis-assemble" Neil Techknowledge Article #903696 offers a lengthy discussion of this. As far as I know there is no disassemble transaction in Inventory BOM or Manufacturing. "Neil" wrote: > Hi > > We assemble units in GP (our units is under warranty) sometimes they come > back > often we only need to change certain items inside the unit - what would the ...

Newsgroups unread items counter
Dear All, I've set up an Exchange Server 2003 and created newsgroups there. Then in Outlook, I open Public Folders, then Internet Newsgroups. Any folder within there is not showing unread message counter. Is there any way so the unread counter appears next to each newsgroup? Show number of unread threads / number of total items properties are greyed out. There is a checkbox next to "Maintain per-user unread message counter" in Public Folder properties in System Manager. Thank you, Rostislav In news:eCoqpH38GHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, Rostislav Yevdyukhin <bloodh...

Sql to return items in promo
Hi, Somone much more inteligent than me once told me a sql to run in HQ which would return all items which have a Qty discount/ promotion applied to them.. I cant find it - would someone be able to remind me? Thanks v much Phil Hi Philip see if this returns what you are looking for.... select i.itemlookupcode, i.description, qd.description from item i inner join quantitydiscount qd on i.quantitydiscountid = qd.id "Philip Gass" wrote: > Hi, > > Somone much more inteligent than me once told me a sql to run in HQ which > would return all items which have a Qt...

Kit or Assembly
I want to be able to create a kit or assembly, using a Matrix Item Lookup Number. I sell bowling equipment and the kit to contain the Matrix of one particule ball with the various weights, shoes with various sizes and different bags for one price. When trying to do this, I have to select one from each category. This would create alot of Item Lookup Numbers if I have to do one for each. Suggestions? I have a similar problem with mattresses and mattress sets. A dozen different models, each with at least seven different sizes and either sold separately or as sets with a box spring--w...

How to GetItemData of a Checked Item of a CCheckListBox?
I use MFC VC++ 4.2. I have been successful in creating CCheckListBox and now I have a problem with getting the item data. I need if an item is checked, I want to get that item's text. Here is when I add the item to the CListBox: CStringList strFilePathLst; POSITION pos = strFilePathLst.GetHeadPosition(); int i = 0; while( pos!= NULL ){ CString sFullPathName = strFilePathLst.GetNext( pos ); if( !sFullPathName.IsEmpty() ){ int iPos = sFullPathName.ReverseFind( '\\' ); CString sFileName; if( iPos != -1 ) sFileName = sFullPathName.Right( sFullPathName.G...

How do you view Assembly Items?
I have got to be missing the obvious here, but how do you view a list of Assembly Items? From what I read, it should be an option on the Items screen, but I sure don't see it. Thanks in advance. Sort the item list by Item Type. Any thing marked with an "A" is an assembly. Open the properties for the assembly item and you will be able to view or edit it's contents... There is also an Assembly List report available in the Reports Library on Customer Source that may help. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com -----------------...

OWA Sent Items
I have a user (exchange2k3 server 2k3) who when they use OWA and send out an email, the email will not display in the sent items. If in the office they use Outlook 2k3 the item displays in the sent items in both Outlook and OWA. The problem is with OWA. Any help would be appreciated. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer, but I do have the same problem. I know it isn't the version of iexplorer. It doesn't seem to matter which version. I can view the sent items from the Outlook client, but not from OWA. Tammy "Mark" wrote: > I have a user (exchange2k3 ...

How to refund on indivudual item
My customer purchased on his store account .I sent him an invoice but the quantity of one item is 20 instead of 10 .and i charged him now how i refund or change that invoice.or i issue a credit note please advice Saleem, POS | Ctrl + F4 Return Mode | enter the quantity to return and the ILC | F7 to select the customer | F12 Tender | Select the Store Account tender type A credit to his account has been made and the inventory updated. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachme...

Distribution List
Outlook 2007. Saw this on a computer today; the user modifies an existing DL, to remove one address. When you highlight the name/address and click on delete, the whole DL disappears from the screen and is gone from the address book. I even tried creating a new DL, adding 2 names, saving the DL, and then deleted one name... and the whole DL disappears. Any ideas? How are you deleting the name? Use Remove, not the X button. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by ...

Mail not saving in Sent Items
We are having an issue where, sporadically, some mail items are not being saved in the users "Sent Items" folder, although the mail is being sent correctly. This does not happen all the time, and the messages that are not being saved appear to be unrelated in terms of size, recipients, etc. Environment: Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 with Outlook 2003 client Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thank you, Andrew Is the "save emails in the sent items folder" option checked in Outlook? Tools/Options/Email Options. Otherwise, Id look at any PDAs etc that may be synching...

INTEL Assembler
Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology? -- Engineering On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:55:05 -0700, C Hill MBSC <CHillMBSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a >PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology? I don't know... Trying comp.lang.asm.x86? MrAsm But what exactly you're trying to achieve by disabling interrupts? KeRaiseIrql or KeAcquireInterruptSpinlock is not good enough? "C Hill MBSC&...

OL2003: Reminders don't clear when item edited
If a reminder comes in, and I choose to open the item (like a task) and I change the reminder time, or I clear the task completly (by setting % complete to 100) the reminder remains in the reminder window for about another 30 seconds before it clears. Any ideas how to fix this? Previous versions it would update immediately. Thanks! Is this Exchange cached mode? It updates a bit slower. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/begi...

Item Count
Is there a limit on the number Item Numbers you can have in Headquarters or Store Operations? hi NMC, Well there is not really, but it depends on the data type used for the field like in HQ the item table used ID field as Int which is 4 bytes and the characteristic for the field are as below: Integer (whole number) data from -2^31 (-2,147,483,648) through 2^31 - 1 (2,147,483,647). Storage size is 4 bytes. So it means you can create the Item up to the limit in positve the same type also used in SO. Akber Alwani "NMC" wrote: > Is there a limit on the number Item Numbers y...

Would like to Modify column header in Items advanced lookup
Is there any way to chagne the column heads (new field or header description) for the column headers that appear in the Items advanced lookup window. We are using Short Description for our NSN number, but the column in the advanced lookup still says Short Description. I went into Modifier and changed the descriptoin in the Item Maintenance for but I guess it doesn't carry forward to other areas in the system. Thx maw Maw, Running hot! 1) In Modifier, go to Resources > Messages 2) Enter 18958 in the Message ID field and tab off with your keyboard 3) Type NSN Number in the Mes...

Outlook 2002 Moving Items to Deleted Items
Strange problem, my outlook is moving new items to the deleted item folder. They appear in the inbox for about 1 second and then are moved I deleted all my rules and the problem still presists. Its only on m POP account too, not on the IMAP account (exchange 5.5). The names ar not listed in the junk mail list either.. any ideas? Is it someho holding onto my rules even though I deleted them and they are no showing up any more in the rules list (which is empty). Any help would be great ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and po...

Error when recalling an item from on hold
The quantity discount of an item is disabled when recalled from on hold transaction in POS after modifying the transaction. The discount is properly applied before the "Ctrl+F12: Hold". Our client is RMS1.3.1009 environment. Alfonso, I'm running RMS 2.0 sp1 and is able to apply a discount before the hold and still have the discount after the hold is recalled. I would try to talk them into upgrading. Daniel techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 "alfonso" wrote: > The quantity discount of an item is disabled when recalled from on ...

hexedit assembly
Hello How can I ensure that a assembly (dll) is not manipulated (e.g. hexeditor). I thought that sign the assembly (snk-File), this ensures. I have tried the following. 1. Create assembly Test.Dll with AssemblyVersionAttribute("1.1.*") and sign with Test.snk (Property-Page and/or AssemblyKeyFileAttribute(@"Test.snk") 2. Create UseTest.Exe with reference to Test.Dll. --> Now UseTest.Exe requires the desired Test.Dll, ok However, I can manipulate Test.dll (Hexeditor) an use it !! e.g. Class Test1 in Test.Dll public class Test1 { ...

PivotTable
When I am creating a calcuated item, the dialog box has an Insert Field button. THis seems wrong - my understanding is that a calculated item is based on items in a field, not on a field itself. So, you would never insert a field name in a calculated item formula. Is this button an error or am I missing something? -- Peter Aitken Remove the crap from my email address before using. You can use Insert Field button to add a field name, and use it as a positional reference. For example, for the Region field: =Region[2]*.5 Peter Aitken wrote: > When I am creating a calcuated ite...

Removing items from Assemblies
We are using MSRMS with HQ. At the store level, we have set security so that no changes can be done to items. All changes are made at HQ and then transmitted to the stores. We have encountered a problem though when trying to change assembly items. We are able to add items to assemblies or change the quantity in an assembly. The change takes effect after running a 250 that includes the item number changed. What we have not been able to do is remove items from an assembly. We remove the item at the HQ. We have then run a 250 in various ways in an attempt to have that change transm...

Folder items missing
Using MS Office Outlook 2007 on VISTA OS. I created a folder within my msn.com Mail Folders. I moved several e-mails to this folder. The items were visible for quite a while, but appear to have disappeared. I open my msn hotmail account and check this same folder for content and all saved e-mails are there. What can I do to have those same items visible in Outlook 2007 again? The folder is visible in Outlook 2007 (as well as in my hotmail view). I have about 58 folders with with 27 of them missing items. The rest of the folds display both read and unread messages. I do ...

Specifying tiered discounts on Item Maintenance
Hi! My client needs to specify discounts per item. Does anyone know of a third party product that accomplishes this? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera If you are talking about Sales Order Processing, you can apply Mark Down on every single item. Thanks, VJ Thanks VJ. I am actually thinking of using that field but the problem is my client wants to be able to specify the default rate on an item level and then have that defalt on the sales trx entry. Any ideas? "VJ" wrote: > If you are talking about Sales Order Processing, you can apply Mark > Down on every single item....

Can't move things to deleted items: The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied
This is weird. It looks like I have one user with a damaged 'deleted items' bin. Everyone else is fine. This user had opened up an accout of someone who left the company a while back and apparently tried to delete a few thousand spam messages that they had. Their system eitehr locked up, or they got sick of waiting and did something to stop it, when they did we could no longer mount the information store. I ran several things including an eseutil /p on the database, and then removed the log files and ran the ISINTEG -s server01 -test alltests -fix, which found 2 or three problems and f...

CTreeCtrl : change item rect
Hi, Anyone knows how to change the items rect in a CTreeCtrl object? Thanks in advance, Jorge Loureiro "Jorge Loureriro" <jloureiro@mediaprimer.pt> wrote in message news:50e36dd0.0405180349.13c4aa4f@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > Anyone knows how to change the items rect in a CTreeCtrl object? > > Thanks in advance, > > Jorge Loureiro Hi Jorge take a look at TVITEMEX structure's iIntegral member, I have done this long back with some custom drawing and it worked fine..... hth Thangaraj A.L. Systems Anayst CSS Inc. ...